Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Again, you don't have to tell us what we need to do. You can suggest and we'll see what we can do
    Of course, I always make suggestions to improve or fix the submod, never "order"
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Regarding the sea trade routes, 2 points:
    1. if land trade is possible then sea trade may not take place.
    2. the min port distance value in descr_campaign_db that is set too high (to be checked).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

One clear bug which I encountered is the missions:

Playing as the Rum Seljuks I get missions like "Annex Settlement x". When I do it I get a mission message telling me that someone else already annexed it and the mission doesn't give me any reward.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

Laetus

That means the mission got canceled coz someone got it faster than you therefore no reward
    its practically a kind of a race.

Blog Entries

Unless this happened when Rum actually conquered that settlement. Then that's a bug
    @ Korsan82, can you confirm or deny please?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by faizezet View Post
    That means the mission got canceled coz someone got it faster than you therefore no reward
    its practically a kind of a race.
    Negative. - I - am conquering the settlement and get that message.
    Maybe because of the long faction names some mission have typos in the faction tag?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

Blog Entries

I'll check it

Doesn't the "annex" settlement mission require you to take it peacefully? So you have to convince them to give it to you for money, or trade for another settlement. If you conquer it then you haven't technically annexed it so the mission fails.

IIRC I've had a few of those missions come through and usually just ignore them as it's near impossible to convince the AI to trade a settlement.

Blog Entries

Nope, it doesn't matter how you get the settlement. Both ways, military or diplomatic, work for that kind of mission.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Nope, it doesn't matter how you get the settlement. Both ways, military or diplomatic, work for that kind of mission.
    Ah yes ? Here I have never tried to see.

Hello,

I am getting unexplainable lag when fight certain battles, some featuring settlements and some without.

I have tried turning down the graphics but I don't see that this makes much of a difference.
    It may cases it seems to become laggy as I zoom in, but this isn't a rule.

Has any experienced anything similar?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Looks like an installation issue. Have you tried to re-install the mod?

Looks like an installation issue. Have you tried to re-install the mod?
    I will try that and let you know.

My save should be unaffected and fine to use I'm guessing.

Blog Entries

I can't guarantee but I hope so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Doesn't the "annex" settlement mission require you to take it peacefully? So you have to convince them to give it to you for money, or trade for another settlement. If you conquer it then you haven't technically annexed it so the mission fails.

IIRC I've had a few of those missions come through and usually just ignore them as it's near impossible to convince the AI to trade a settlement.
    After some research, you were right Swarbs
    Annexing a settlement means that you need to negociate in order to get it. Conquering it by arms means that the mission fails.
    On contrary, taking a settlement means to conquer it military speaking. However, for the former, I don't know if the diplomatic way works
    More details about missions can be found here
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 14, 2019 at 07:40 AM.

Hello,

I've tried installing this mod but I get a ctd when I try to enter a siege battle when I start a campaign. E.g. start as France, after a few turns march to a rebel castle, as siege loads in I get the ctd before it finishes loading.

I have taken the following steps
    1. Fresh install of Medieval 2 including Kingdoms. I also delete the previous medieval folder just in case
    2. Clean install of SS 6.3 followed by SS 6.4. All work fine. I use the trick of renaming the medieval.exe as "kingdoms.exe" to get the game to launch (else SS does not launch).
    3. Extract 0.93 and the 0.95 patch into the date folder.
    4. Custom battles do work

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to play this mod.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Blog Entries

Looks like you're using a Steam version of the game, right? If yes, I'd recon to use the universal mod launcher (see here). It seems easier to use

Now, regarding your issue, what era are you playing? Early or late?
    What settlement are you trying to conquer?
    What is your army composition and what is the composition of the one inside the settlement?
    Finally, have you updated your log as explained here? If or when done, post your log (after the ctd happens) in this thread. That might help.

I want to talk about some maybe "bugs"
    -one thing, in my current campaign with England i can make hospitalers knights in Dublin but not in other places as London or Paris and i have the chapter houses in the year of 1190... they should depend on the papal favor, not for global reputation, is not logical, also i can not make templars chapter houses (they only exist in my campaign in Holy Lands, not in Europe) they should be recruitable in Europe also no?
    also another bug, between zara and zagreb there is a trade rout that stops at the end of the coast but not in a port,is a the finish of the coast... something very odd...
    -Pavise spearmen to hungary faction at the beginning of the game? Is it historical? Maybe is only review and improve the unit rosters... but also is not logical that Hungary have pavise spearmen in 1190...
    - I can not build in my English game the Templar building (eliminated cross states) it would be possible to make a headquarters for the buildings of warrior monks like Teutonic, Templar and Hospitallers and Santiago orders?only in some large cities and historically correct, i guess that existed a mod that included this building top for knigths orders,it would be very flavour for the game that you can controlled or have the templar,teutonic, santiago, hospitaller headquarters in your hands, with benefits of money, conversion and best quality and experienced knights units and with ancillaries as "templar master for some general or family member of your faction"
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

About religious orders, see my post in the General Discussion thread. So, I won't probably go that way.

For the pavise spearmen, that's probably a mistake but not a bug.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordJiggum View Post
    2. I use the trick of renaming the medieval.exe as "kingdoms.exe" to get the game to launch (else SS does not launch).
    It is advisable to make a copy of the medieval2 file and rename that one but otherwise this is perfectly fine to make mods 'steam compatible' - see here. It's actually the easiest way as it will apply to all mods.

You may also want to have a look here to preempt some issues.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 20, 2019 at 09:19 PM.