Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    a similar crash (with log telling the same thing) happened recently to me, on the turn 5.
    No idea why it happens though.
    You mean crash on Abbasids turn?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

a similar crash (with log telling the same thing) happened recently to me, on the turn 5.
    No idea why it happens though.
    Strange, happened to me on my new campaign too , and it indeed ,,corrupted'' that game , i couldnt get past it. HOWEVER , starting a new game from scratch , the game didnt crush on abbasids at turn 5 again and so far the game works fine.

I've tested it and there is an error related to a console_command in campaign_script.txt Seems like the console command are disabled in the save provided by SteamedTang:

[game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 2027, in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    (null)
    err: console currently disabled for hotseat multiplayer, no commands available
    Maybe more experienced member will have more clues about this?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Strange, happened to me on my new campaign too , and it indeed ,,corrupted'' that game , i couldnt get past it. HOWEVER , starting a new game from scratch , the game didnt crush on abbasids at turn 5 again and so far the game works fine.
    That's right. In many started games (I'm testing starting positions, so I just click to move on) there're no CTDs, but in an odd game it happens. I thought I had eradicated the Abbasid bug, but it seems it lurks somewhere...

That's right. In many started games (I'm testing starting positions, so I just click to move on) there're no CTDs, but in an odd game it happens. I thought I had eradicated the Abbasid bug, but it seems it lurks somewhere...
    Could it be something related to the use of console commands that are disabled in hotseat mode?

EDIT - That's the only error showing on my log... I'll make more tests this evening to see if it is indeed related to this
    Last edited by Belovèse; September 08, 2020 at 04:27 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    I've tested it and there is an error related to a console_command in campaign_script.txt Seems like the console command are disabled in the save provided by SteamedTang:

Maybe more experienced member will have more clues about this?
    Well, seems like the player started a multi player (hot seat) campaign as you cannot disable the console in single player. I doubt simply resetting the console in the CFG file will work, but he can try:
    Code:
    [hotseat]
    disable_console = 0                    # disable console in hotseat campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Well, seems like the player started a multi player (hot seat) campaign as you cannot disable the console in single player. I doubt simply resetting the console in the CFG file will work, but he can try:
    Code:
    [hotseat]
    disable_console = 0                    # disable console in hotseat campaign.
    I've tried launching with disable_console = false already and it didn't work, but maybe false is not allowed here?

Since you're here, Gigantus, I had a question about config file: is it possible to change the system.log.txt to something else, like /log/system.log ?
    I could do it for other levels, like:
    Code:
    file = data* mods/SS6.3/log/data.log
    but the main log is always overrided and goes back to:
    Code:
    to =mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think the setting by the hot seat leader overrules the individual player's CFG file entry - I am not even sure if even he can change the setting once the game has started. do ask the guys\game staff in the multi player forum about this.

Log - if you start with the mod with it's original launcher then the log setting will get reset\overwritten. You can simply start the mod with a BAT\CFG file combo of your own once you did the initial start. I am not very conversant with the various log levels and multiple output, but if you use the mentioned BAT\CFG combo then you should be able to do so. Simply grab the one from my Bare Geomod set up and change the mod folder line plus whatever you want in the [log] section. Then send the BAT file to desktop (right click, create shortcut) and use the shortcut to run SSHIP.

Thank you!

@ SteamedTang: sorry, I could not find a way around you CTD, maybe someone more experienced would?

On another topic: I had a CTD during a loading screen, the log wath telling me that loading_bar.tga.dds and loading_logo.tga.dds were missing. SO I made them from gimp using loading_bar.tga and loading_logo.tga that were present in the same folder.

Here is the log and the dds files, in case.

Seems that the loading screen is faster now, but in the same time it freezes a bit a the begining, so... not sure!

Gig, what can be the source of such an error? I mean: what comes after the "descr_events.txt" fires?

Code:
    18:48:04.306 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/166.tga18:48:04.306 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/166.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    18:48:04.313 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_NewNoble_Starter> fired
    18:48:04.313 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Military_Adoption> fired
    18:48:04.313 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Governor_Adoption> fired
    18:48:04.314 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_starter_VeryHard> fired
    18:48:04.314 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Adopted> fired
    18:48:04.314 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Intelligent> fired
    18:48:04.314 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Personality_Random_2> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Body_Random> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worth_of_Adoption_piety_1> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worth_of_Adoption_piety_4> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worth_of_Adoption_General_Loyalty> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfA_Governor_Trigger> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worth_of_Adoption_chiv_2> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Worth_of_Adoption_chiv_3> fired
    18:48:04.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HealthDiagnosisAdoption> fired
    18:48:04.339 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP097/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/INFO_SETTLEMENT_GROWTH_MOREINFO.tga (from: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:48:04.339 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/INFO_SETTLEMENT_GROWTH_MOREINFO.tga.dds
    18:48:04.339 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP097/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/INFO_SETTLEMENT_GROWTH_MOREINFO.tga (from: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:48:04.344 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Ok, nevermind Gig my question, it seems there's a misunderstanding in the modding team ;-)

Sorry I posted in the wrong subforum before. Here is the autosave and systemlog. As you can see I haven't even played, moved units or built anything, just skipped to turn 5 to see if i get the crash and sadly I did. Happens to every faction, every single time.

https://mega.nz/file/BOoEHAYS#KLqwmp...4cgo_lnqVcrkHc

https://mega.nz/file/kP5FWCLa#LkTclb...6CwubZVD7SYIQo

I started happening to me as well:

10:49:49.175 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 43531 in mods/SSHIP097/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt10:49:49.175 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Update_AI> fired
    10:49:49.175 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Update_AI_islam> fired
    10:49:49.175 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <abbasid> fired
    10:49:49.175 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <abbasidAI> fired
    10:49:49.175 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    10:49:49.175 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    10:49:49.176 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    10:49:49.176 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    10:49:49.176 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_P_Normalise_Non_catholic> fired
    10:49:49.176 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_DecreaseOverTime> fired
    10:49:49.176 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_HorseBreeders_Woodsmens_Leader_Trait_Protector> fired
    10:49:49.178 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 5358 in mods/SSHIP097/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    10:49:49.178 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <panel_check> = 2
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097/data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,,not found
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,,not found
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,191
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    10:49:49.212 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_clear_arid.texture
    10:49:49.212 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_clear_arid.texture
    10:49:49.212 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,,,-191
    10:49:49.212 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

About the 5th turn crash, I saw a reference in this thread but apart from that, seem you both had crashes just after:
    Code:
     10:49:49.180 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097/data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,,not found
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,,not found
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,191
    10:49:49.180 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    10:49:49.212 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/SSHIP097/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_clear_arid.texture
    10:49:49.212 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/SSHIP097/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_clear_arid.texture
    10:49:49.212 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_arid_clear.lighting,,,-191
    Could it be related to a texture somehow?

@Jurand, on another subject, I found to small things to correct on the last version:
    - there is a "a" alone in EDB at the end of line 13447
    - in EDA line 13060 it says " and CultureType orthodox", I think it should be "and FactionReligion orthodox"

Also got an error about university in EDB but didn't find the source:

Code:
    19:38:15.565 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ss6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15305, column 2
    Building DB error - faction cumans has gap in building prior to university (unavailable at level zero)
    in case here are the corrected files

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

First of all, brilliant work gentlemen. SS + SSHIP, this the proper M2TW.
    Now in my brief campaign with Abbasids I've noticed some minor issues. Nothing game breaking so far, but I thought its better I give feedback.

-- Fortress of Al' Wasit does not give a provincial title.
    -- Linen resource near river Tigris (south of Baghdad) is not accessible. A small lake prevents merchants from settling.
    -- Masons Guild gifted one of my regions a church instead of masjid...silly.
    -- Faction Leaders' authority attribute is too dynamic, it gets full one turn, zero other turn, then full again. I don't know what causes this.
    -- Some conflicts in traits. Some of my faction leaders have "Unwatched by the King" trait somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    First of all, brilliant work gentlemen. SS + SSHIP, this the proper M2TW.
    Now in my brief campaign with Abbasids I've noticed some minor issues. Nothing game breaking so far, but I thought its better I give feedback.

-- Fortress of Al' Wasit does not give a provincial title.
    -- Linen resource near river Tigris (south of Baghdad) is not accessible. A small lake prevents merchants from settling.
    -- Masons Guild gifted one of my regions a church instead of masjid...silly.
    -- Faction Leaders' authority attribute is too dynamic, it gets full one turn, zero other turn, then full again. I don't know what causes this.
    -- Some conflicts in traits. Some of my faction leaders have "Unwatched by the King" trait somehow.
    Thanks for this, Valerius.
    - Al-Wasit - noted, I need to update it.
    - resource - I'll check
    - missions by guilds definitely need a revamp - but nobody is in the team is interested in missions :-(
    - FL authority sometimes switches strangely 0-10. No idea why / how to fix it.
    - FL traits need a revamp, yes.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

iirc , Hamburg also does not provide a provincial title since 0.9.6 , might wanna throw an eye on that as well.

Experiencing a crash on start. Installed SS 6.4 just fine, launched a campaign and played a few turns without issue. Installing SSHIP causes the game to crash on start.
    Running the ss_setup.exe fixes the issue. The installation seems straight forward, just install with insane ai, rr enabled, and extract the data folder into the mod folder. I'm unsure what I could have missed here. The attached log mentions a lot of missing data and I can confirm, the data isn't there, nor is it in the installation archive for sship, that I could see.

Not sure what I'm missing here, but I'm sure it's something stupid lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Joehtosis View Post
    Experiencing a crash on start. Installed SS 6.4 just fine, launched a campaign and played a few turns without issue. Installing SSHIP causes the game to crash on start.
    Running the ss_setup.exe fixes the issue. The installation seems straight forward, just install with insane ai, rr enabled, and extract the data folder into the mod folder. I'm unsure what I could have missed here. The attached log mentions a lot of missing data and I can confirm, the data isn't there, nor is it in the installation archive for sship, that I could see.

Not sure what I'm missing here, but I'm sure it's something stupid lol.
    Thanks for the report!

A few things comes to my mind:
    - Just to be sure, did you run ss_setup a first time before installing SSHIP? It is needed to complete SS instalation, but if you launch it after installing SSHIP it will mess the process.
    - Also, did you select early era in the ss_setup?
    - You also should put SS launcher in windows 7 compatibility mode, and with administrator rights.
    - having the steam library in another disc or partition and closer to the root folder (like D:/SteamLibrary) helps: Medieval 2 is an old game and does not like huge files path...

Another thing: a crash the first time you launch a campaign is to be expected, the games need to regenerate some files (if I recall correctly) and it will crash, the second time will be fine.
    Lastly, a new 097 version will soon come out, it might be worth to wait a few days if you go for a full re-installation