Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I have to say something about a issue of disbant event of mercenaries...that Berber units have the status of mercenaries, not of local unity as it is described in the description, the game should notify you even with 2 shifts in advance that your mercenary units are going to disband for not paying them, currently if on the next turn you If you have no money, your mercenary units automatically break down without giving you time to react
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I can't get this to work still... Downloaded a clean 6.3, install 6.4 and run the setup thing with the ai option as shown, 6.4 seems to work. But when I install sship it always crashes on startup. And the backup folder I made of 6.4 with my campaigns also crashes now when I try to rename it back and launch it. Is something wrong with my computer? Really annoying cause I want to try this submod and now I can't play stainless steel at all.
    Winter is Coming

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Have you tried to unpack SSHIP in a temporary folder first and then to merge the data folder with the one in the SS6.3 folder?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Unless this happened when Rum actually conquered that settlement. Then that's a bug
    @ Korsan82, can you confirm or deny please?

I think I know why this happens. I noticed that on my last Jihad done on Antakiyya (or something like that). Originally it has a different name, but when I capture it the name changes. Could this be the reason for that bug? Because when I conquered it it said that the Jihad is cancelled. Later I made another Jihad on a town where the name doesn't change and I didn't get an error.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!

Blog Entries

Nope. Explanation here
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I think that these bugs that I say may already be cited previously in other posts but I don't know for sure ...
    -In my campaign with England, the crossed states fell very quickly against the Egyptians and after about 20 shifts after their disappearance they reemerged again in the city of Murcia! But his generals and king appeared near Jerusalem ... so they had to cross all of Europe until they reached Spanish lands, I have to say that the city of Murcia was controlled by the Moors, it may be a big bug
    - I also saw that there were several French rebel generals whose bodyguard was the Hirdsmen Nordic unit but with silver surfer models ...
    -Also units appear as a prize when fulfilling missions of merchants or assassins where these units do not correspond to their era, for example chivalric knights in the year 1190 ...
    -Another thing and this is more suggestion, if you can somehow reduce the lack of public order in a capital of another faction controlled by you ... for example I am England and I control all of France and its former capital Paris, I do it my capital and I have a full army inside and yet they rebel after many turns after having conquered it ... is it possible to make a "generational assimilation" system in the game? For example, if Paris and its cities control them for 50 years, their population will have regenerated and would now be English, there will be no resentment for the former French who lived before and I will be able to control those old French cities without many troops ... same for the rest of settlements and different religions.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

All these have been already reported. Some of them can be fixed, some other are under investigation and the rest can't be changed.

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

13:18:07.454 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:18:07.455 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    13:18:07.502 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:18:07.554 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:18:07.597 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:18:07.633 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:18:07.664 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:18:07.727 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:18:48.789 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2015, column 18
    Unrecognised mount type 'order mailed horse2'.
    13:18:48.789 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Do I get rid of the 2 after mailed horse?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

You must have mixed smth up. I've had SS6.4 instal, I've added 096 over it, and it works.

Blog Entries

If you refer to v0.9.6, how have you installed it?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The descr_mounts file does not include the mount used in the EDU. Both files are in the same folder, can it have to do with SS's custom launcher options? Does it have an option that switches the EDU (eg different recruit time)?

No! Should uninstall and then reinstall ss 6.3 and 6.4 then 0.9.6?

Blog Entries

^^ I'd do that way.

Damn it I hate uninstalling and reinstalling that mod but the mods is so good.

Blog Entries

Be sure that you don't run the SS setup after to have installed SSHIP. That's quite a common mistake

So then install SS 6.3 then SS 6.4 then don't run the setup for it and then copy and paste SSHIP 0.96?

Blog Entries

No. Install SS6.3 and SS6.4. Run the SS setup, choosing Early Era, Savage AI and possibly permanent arrows (optional). Then, install SSHIP. And don't ever run the SS setup again

Hello, I installed 0.9.6 on a fresh installation of SS and started up a Cuman campaign. For some reason my temples seem to be converting to the wrong religion since when I hit next turn the level of Paganism in Azaq decreased by 7%. It seems the priests are converting towards the correct religion however as the level of Paganism in Sharkil increased by 1%. I had similar issues with 0.9.5, if that matters. Is this intentional?

Also, I experienced a CTD around turn 5. The system log says:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    20:49:59.664 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <faction_emerge>, at line 33238, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Character with label unused_label1 could not be created, label alreay exists!
    20:52:03.929 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any help would be appreciated

Civis

I've encountered a bug when playing as Poland during my first turns, when i besieged the city, i couldn't start battle got CTD instantly, even after i restarted the game. I'm not sure if its mine fault or not. I will take a look again. This might be related to alt + tab issue described below.

Another rather interesting Bug I've encountered when games makes transition from Campaign map into Battlemap however its rather technical sided issue but still good to know. Appearently I wasnt able to ALT + Tab fluently and from time to time CTDs happened, called as Fatal Error ( please lower your graphics settings ... bla bla bla). I ended up copying windowed mode settings from M2TW(vanilla) CFG settings and it got fixed (for now)
    I'm using 4k monitor and I didn't experience any problems with RRRC 2.0 mod
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; December 07, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

after installing SS 6.4 Do I install SSHIP 0.92 and 0.95 then 0.96?