Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

not sure it was mentioned already so apologies in advance, but there is an issue with the lighting during the battles. I've experienced it on at least 3 occasions now.
    here is what i mean: the view of the battlefield at the beginning of the battle, all nice and good visibility - https://youtu.be/LpWnXr835HI?t=345
    but then it turns into this and it virtually impossible to see anything - https://youtu.be/LpWnXr835HI?t=371
    interestingly enough, the sky stays blue so very weird to have this transition. also, it actually looks brighter in the video. during the play itself it was even darker and almost unplayable.
    whats up with that, can it be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Ok, I leave it untouched for now
    Yeah, I sometimes roleplay and train some Magyar units to guard Tarnovgrad to represent some resettled Vardariotai (somewhat historical, I think? Although I don't know how often they were used during that time). So..any idea how the mechanic works? Been tinkering with the desc_strat file that Jurand mentioned with no success so far.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well, that's up to you but Magyars aren't Bulgars.
    If I got you right, you want the ERE able to recruit them in that settlement, right?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well, that's up to you but Magyars aren't Bulgars.
    If I got you right, you want the ERE able to recruit them in that settlement, right?
    Quite the opposite, that would change the roster and I like what the team has done with most faction's roster. I'm just looking for a way to change the settlement culture at the start of the game for aesthetic/immersion purpose, since I think some fit better in other culture groups.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    not sure it was mentioned already so apologies in advance, but there is an issue with the lighting during the battles. I've experienced it on at least 3 occasions now.
    here is what i mean: the view of the battlefield at the beginning of the battle, all nice and good visibility - https://youtu.be/LpWnXr835HI?t=345
    but then it turns into this and it virtually impossible to see anything - https://youtu.be/LpWnXr835HI?t=371
    interestingly enough, the sky stays blue so very weird to have this transition. also, it actually looks brighter in the video. during the play itself it was even darker and almost unplayable.
    whats up with that, can it be fixed?
    This is for sure the issue of the base SS6.4 because I've experienced similar thing while playing Byzantium in the Titanium.
    I'm sorry for this.
    Fortunatelly, you've won that battle irrespectively. It was really an exciting battles, from what I could see :-)

Blog Entries

Looks like the battle was fought at dusk. That might explain. As JoC said, that's probably something from SS
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

This darkness problem that falls during the battle has also happened to me several times. Suddenly, I fear every time it happens to the point of giving up waiting for the weather to change. It's stupid !
    If anyone knows what to do to change this it would be nice.

I doubt it's easy to solve given that it lingers from the base Stainless Steel. I don't think there's potential in the team to deal with it.

Anyway, I'm going to add an info in-game, can you correct/add something?

{INFO_BATTLE_TIME_BODY}
    Time of the battle
    {INFO_BATTLE_TIME_TITLE}
    In the Medieval 2 engine if you are an attacker, you are able to choose the time of starting a battle three times. If it is raining, and for whatever reason you do not want to fight in the rain you may wait and hope for a dry conditions to come. Or vice versa. Be aware though that if you start fighting in the afternoon, the darkness may come and it will become very difficult to command your troops – you will simply not see the units, both friendly and enemy. So ,choose this moment wisely!
    If you are a defender, you don’t have such a choice. Well it is a historical hurdles: it was always uphill for the defenders, wasn’t it.

Blog Entries

The worst that happened to me was a battle in the middle of the snow storm. It was a lot worse that the example from the Youtube link. I could only see... the snow

I like the idea to add the info like that. Below, I've tweaked what you wrote a little bit. I hope the changes present an improvement.

{INFO_BATTLE_TIME_BODY}
    Time of battle
    {INFO_BATTLE_TIME_TITLE}
    If attacking, you may choose to delay the start of battle up to three three times. This allows the aggressor force to wait for more favorable conditions, if, for example, it is raining or the field of battle is covered in heavy fog and you would wish to fight under clear skies (or vice versa). Be aware though that if you begin fighting in the afternoon, night may come and it will become difficult to command your troops, as it will simply become difficult to see the units, both friendly and enemy. So make your choice wisely!
    If you are defending, you have no such a choice, and must pray that Fortune will be kind to you.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

The worst that happened to me was a battle in the middle of the snow storm. It was a lot worse that the example from the Youtube link. I could only see... the snow
    haha, that must have been something! i think i'd prefer the snow to darkness. for some reason, it isnt half as bad on that video but was really dark while playing. weird that the video turned out to be so much brighter. what i noticed is that the likelihood of this happening is increasing if you delay the start of the battle at the beginning when given the option. it happened to me couple of times more after i clicked to wait. when you start the battle straight away, the chances of a black out seem to be lower. im not sure if it was simply a coincidence or if there is an actual link there.

Blog Entries

I think it was a coincidence probably related to the dusk. If I remember correctly, there are some settings/files related to the weather and stuff like that. I'm not sure about the "daylight". Another thing I need to check for my curiosity at least

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Well , the only thing that helps during those conditions is spamming the big faction button on the right corner that highlights allied and enemy troops so you can at least see the positioning. It's funny cause it turns the game into a 1990's strategy game where you only see colors vs colors xD.

Also , you people remember those snowstorms? They were so bad and so immersive i remember getting scared when the enemy AI cav charged me through the storm and i couldnt see crap . Lots of knights coming out of the fog right into my troops , that was fun , but impossible to conduct any strategic commands xD. It was fun though , kinda realistic in a way

There was a setting in SSHIP TWEAKS submod to nerf the snow storm. It was still harsh, but at least manageable. Perhaps it could be implemented in 0.97

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I'm sorry but I didn't understand much, what would be the solution?
    Me desculpe, mas eu realmente não entendi qual seria a solução?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    There was a setting in SSHIP TWEAKS submod to nerf the snow storm. It was still harsh, but at least manageable. Perhaps it could be implemented in 0.97
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian underdog View Post
    I'm sorry but I didn't understand much, what would be the solution?
    Me desculpe, mas eu realmente não entendi qual seria a solução?
    Unfortunately, tmoldesk is inactive nowadays and I've no clue about what he did
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 23, 2020 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Bloody typo. Thanks to Gig for pointing it to me :D

I simply have modified the weather file (in the data folder) putting chances of heavy fog or storms to zero. I don't think a general would risk a battle in the middle of a snow/sand storm

I get a CTD while on this screen a 50% stack army leaves the city of Chernigov and then re-enters it and I get that error, I'm not sure whether its about this city or the action after it.
    I'm don't know how to use the search system properly so If someone had a similar problem I'm sorry for reposting the same thing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	361404

Blog Entries

Can you post your log and can you check if there's any general (if yes, the name please) in the settlement?
    Thanks.

post also your save