Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I'm playing on the January patch with England. Is it normal to have crashes every few turns starting from like Turn 5? It's hard to enjoy the game when you run into crashes during AI's turn and when you change some stuff on your turn it still happens. I play SSHIP mostly for the changes it does to the traits (from Jurand), since I like seeing the generals grow, but the constant crashes make me consider going to normal stainless steel or something. Is there a solution/compromise?

Still playing on 0.97 patch H, so I don't know if this has already been fixed. But I don't think their polearms are supposed to look like this?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Right, even if I don't know what do we do . How do we do it then?
    Converting the 'BecomesFactionLeader' event in triggers to a different, applicable event.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by doodeeda View Post
    I'm playing on the January patch with England. Is it normal to have crashes every few turns starting from like Turn 5? It's hard to enjoy the game when you run into crashes during AI's turn and when you change some stuff on your turn it still happens. I play SSHIP mostly for the changes it does to the traits (from Jurand), since I like seeing the generals grow, but the constant crashes make me consider going to normal stainless steel or something. Is there a solution/compromise?
    I'm sorry to hear that and we'll try to do better. As a matter of fact, @Belovese worked on it a lot over last few months and he basically removed the civil wars mechanics for the AI that caused crashes. I hope we'll publish a new version of the SSHIP within few days, or until the end of the month as the latest.

I'm sorry to hear that and we'll try to do better. As a matter of fact, @Belovese worked on it a lot over last few months and he basically removed the civil wars mechanics for the AI that caused crashes. I hope we'll publish a new version of the SSHIP within few days, or until the end of the month as the latest.
    Great news! This is a fantastic work (and all for free!) So I thank you all

Still playing on 0.97 patch H, so I don't know if this has already been fixed. But I don't think their polearms are supposed to look like this?
    @Cheri
    Maybe try updating your graphic drivers or manually installing a new one.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Ceph: It's not a graphics driver problem at all; I found this unit:
    Apart from the fact that she is very very ugly, that she does not correspond to the design of her card either, her description indicates that she wears "fearsome polearms" ...

I can remake this unit naturally, but I have no idea when it appears in the game. Probably the description is wrong or not correct ?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

According to the indications of the EDU, this unit "Militia serjeants" is not so late (armor_ug_levels 8, 13). So the description of firearms seems inappropriate.
    I am replacing it for the moment with the ne urban militia unit with an upgrade, which seems fairer to me.
    This can be improved later.

Thanks! In my England campaign, the militia serjeants seem to be an upgrade to the bill militia. Not sure though since they don't really replace the bill militia.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriSh17 View Post
    Thanks! In my England campaign, the militia serjeants seem to be an upgrade to the bill militia. Not sure though since they don't really replace the bill militia.
    Can you please tell me the date on which they became recruitable?

Hello. Im in my aragon campaign and i have a crash that cannot let me play more. It is in the turn of the mongols, i think when they capture a settlement. They have appear two turns ago. The last one they were besieging three settlements and in the next turns they crash. I cannot make anything, i want to sell them a region, but i cant because they are a horde. Can someone help me? Im having the best experience with this mod and i want to follow playing. Sorry for my english.

My computer is windows 10 GF63 8rd, with steam and the last patch added. (version H) No submods.

The logs only says this:

12:36:04.611 [game.script] [always] Turn End jerusalem
    12:36:04.612 [game.script] [always] Turn Start zengid
    12:36:05.225 [game.script] [always] Turn End zengid
    12:36:05.226 [game.script] [always] Turn Start rum
    12:36:05.397 [game.script] [always] Turn End rum
    12:36:05.397 [game.script] [always] Turn Start pisa
    12:36:05.443 [game.script] [always] Turn End pisa
    12:36:05.445 [game.script] [always] Turn Start papal_states
    12:36:07.253 [game.script] [always] Turn End papal_states
    12:36:07.256 [game.script] [always] Turn Start mongols
    12:36:08.445 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Could you upload a save, @baniwel?

This happened once to me:

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Yes , sounds like the issue i reported last week , mongols are behaving weirdly and causing CTDs . But i have faith in Belovese !!!!

In order to get past this error : open console > toggle_fow > end turn > when close to mongol turn press ESC > Options and turn FOLLOW AI > I think its still a 50/50 chance it wont crash , but for me it worked. It just gets tedious , u gotta do this every 2 or 3 turns when they capture another settlement.

Thanks for the help.

I will try that and tell you.

Here is my save @Jurand. I hope that i can fix it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Yes , sounds like the issue i reported last week , mongols are behaving weirdly and causing CTDs . But i have faith in Belovese !!!!

In order to get past this error : open console > toggle_fow > end turn > when close to mongol turn press ESC > Options and turn FOLLOW AI > I think its still a 50/50 chance it wont crash , but for me it worked. It just gets tedious , u gotta do this every 2 or 3 turns when they capture another settlement.
    Ouch....i have tried it twice...when the mongols turn starts crashhh jejeje

Thanks!!!

Well, it moved one during the first try. Here it is.
    There're infos about few buildings built, few traits, one Coming of Age, events Torre del Oro and New Crossbows.
    You're playing with fog of war lifted, or it was just my mistake?

BTW, this it's a bit strange to see buildings from SSHIP 097 when I'm accustomed to the new ones that will come in 098 .
    Maybe not so many for the South European factions, but there'll be something new, eg. River ports or the Builders.

Well, it moved one during the first try. Here it is.
    There're infos about few buildings built, few traits, one Coming of Age, events Torre del Oro and New Crossbows.
    You're playing with fog of war lifted, or it was just my mistake?

BTW, this it's a bit strange to see buildings from SSHIP 097 when I'm accustomed to the new ones that will come in 098 .
    Maybe not so many for the South European factions, but there'll be something new, eg. River ports or the Builders.
    Thanks!! I have been able to play more turns. How do you make it? It is something special? For future crashes...I play without fog or war, but i saved with it..
    Last edited by baniwel; April 12, 2021 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Can you please tell me the date on which they became recruitable?
    I'm sorry I can't tell when exactly I think around the time as when English Kings Men / Chivalric Knights become available but I'm not sure. I just know that they require a Large City level barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post

I don't know if my experience would be of any help, but in my current campaign, I never had this crashing related to the mongols. I do play with fog of war always OFF, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me not experiencing these crashes.

@Kostic
    apologies. it looked similar to an issue I had before. I thought the issue was with the textures not displaying correctly.