Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Thank you. I'll check this out (I noticed bad texture for Cumans flag bearers, but no silver surfer).

The good news is that I have almost completed the integration of Nikossaiz units for ERE. Perhaps they will be included in the final 098 version.
    Your welcome Kostic! Also saw a lot of cumans units without officer or flag bearer, maybe is due they are hordes?

For integration of Nikkosaiz units this is a great great new!!! I wish play with new roman unit roster in 0.9.8 version, they will be more historical now!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

There was no special unit work with the Cumans / Qipchaqs.
    With beta test 098 on April 22, here's what a base general (Lithuanian style) and the texture error looks like for the flag bearer:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I don't have a silver surfer with my version.
    Have you used a campaign already in progress with a previous version? I have noticed that this can sometimes cause display errors.

There was no special unit work with the Cumans / Qipchaqs.
    With beta test 098 on April 22, here's what a base general (Lithuanian style) and the texture error looks like for the flag bearer:

I don't have a silver surfer with my version.
    Have you used a campaign already in progress with a previous version? I have noticed that this can sometimes cause display errors.
    Yes it is correct kostic, i have the same error texture( not silver surfer, is bad texture,sorry)
    And yes cumans generals have lithuanian style...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Sorry about that @Palm, the errors showing in your logs have no link however to a CTD, it is long before the game crashes. Usually most crashes can by passed by reloading the save and hitting end turn button again.
    If it is always happening, and always at france's turn, you could always try to destroy the faction by oppening the console and typing
    Code:
    surrender_regions france
    I know it is a last resort solution, and at this point if your CTD is persisting and may as well start a new campaign. Again, sorry about that!
    It's every time, tried restarting a few times. But it doesn't really matter it was early in the game so it didn't bother me, just wanted to let it known maybe it could be fixed.
    Thanks for helping though!

You're welcome, actually we're going to rework the civil war feature and hopefully fix those CTD in the process!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Ok guys i saw some issues/little bugs and questions about the most recent beta version of sship 0.9.8:

-the roads have the same little issue that i said some time ago, they have differents names in campaign map( paved roads, highways...)

-About sicilians i saw the new norman buildings, it is cool see unique buildings! But i dont understand well, i see in Palermo a building called "Castel" but in the builgind browser is written "norman stronghold" and after you can build palazzo dei normannni,
    Also saw that these buildings have very short description.
    Only is possible recruit footman miles? Not miles cavalry?
    And England i think that also should have normans builgins, they ALSO were normans, at least in Normandy and south of England...

-exist the same issue about voices for non english users ( north factions as scots, norwegians,russians and others dont have voices)

-about uncrowned kings is still necessary have a cathedral? I dont see in the description for example for danish or norwegians but yes for sicilians( in palazzo di normani)

-i think that some units should have the attribute "frighty nearby enemy" as Huskarlar, saxon huskarls, varangian guard and katapractoi.

-for moors/egyptians units, my previous proposal about all berbers and black/african units should have the attribute "combat bonus in deserts" still is not present in the game, i think is logical and improve the inmersion and historical no? Same for turkopole proposal
    Maybe sship team want wait for a total revision of the units/units rosters.

-for germans, where is possible recruit axe mailed knights? Only see that in castles is possible recruit sword mailed knights but in campaign map they are present in magdeburg fortress.

-For Nikkosaiz units, they are gorgeous in sship!!! But some issues/questions about byzantines...
    I think that saxon huskarls(pre-varangian guard), varangian guard, vestiarstoi( imperial guard) and katapraktoi should be recruitable ONLY in Constantinople, not in mercenary barracks for all settlements, they were tagma units stationed around or within Constantinople. It would be better for inmersion and historical, you need have this important city for have your best troops, maybe in Imperial Palace? Or unique units in Haghia Sophia.

-littles issues as trapezuntines horse archers dont have descriptions, scoutotai spearmen put "unlocalised placement text", scoutotai swordmen dont have shield wall but scoutotsi spearmen yes. And some byzantine units have old vainilla pictures.
    Also i saw kastrophilakae and archontoupolai units, I thought these units had told Nikkosaiz to remove them from the unit roster for new ones..
    Castrophilakae unit have WRONG unit model, all their units are captain models... Is so amazing hehe if i remember well this unit should called symachika tagmata, a mix of serbian,bulgars and other people of the empire, maybe should be in mercenary barracks...

I hope not to be very picky about all this or cause anger in the team, my English may not be the best to express myself.
    My proposals regarding the units and their availability and attributes is to make them as historical and real as possible in the game, as well as immersive.
    I suppose that little by little the mod will be polished little by little, especially in the units and their attributes.

If I find more issues I will continue to give you my opinion.

For now I am very happy with this mod and your work has undoubtedly improved a lot in recent years.
    Last edited by j.a.luna; May 11, 2021 at 02:20 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    -littles issues as trapezuntines horse archers dont have descriptions, scoutotai spearmen put "unlocalised placement text", scoutotai swordmen dont have shield wall but scoutotsi spearmen yes. And some byzantine units have old vainilla pictures.
    Also i saw kastrophilakae and archontoupolai units, I thought these units had told Nikkosaiz to remove them from the unit roster for new ones..
    Castrophilakae unit have WRONG unit model, all their units are captain models... Is so amazing hehe if i remember well this unit should called symachika tagmata, a mix of serbian,bulgars and other people of the empire, maybe should be in mercenary barracks...
    Thank you for this feedback. Having integrated the Nikossaiz units without changing the names in the EDU file must have caused some problems ...
    I'll take a closer look.

Kastrophilakae ? You mean Castrophilakae ?

Thank you for this feedback. Having integrated the Nikossaiz units without changing the names in the EDU file must have caused some problems ...
    I'll take a closer look.

Kastrophilakae ? You mean Castrophilakae ?
    Yes kostic, Castrophilakae, iirc this unit will be removed and their unit models would serve as captains or officers dor the rest of the units... The other new unit would be symachika tagmata.
    Also still would exist the old units as siphonatores( should be only recruitable in Constantinople as secret weapon), turcopoles and alans as byzantines mercenaries in mercenary barracks.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...homaion)/page2

In my opinion, As unique units that can be recruitable ONLY in Constantinople should be Tagmata units as Katapractoi, Varangian Guard and Saxon Huskarl(pre-varangian guard) Vestiaritai and siphonatores( secret greek fire weapon).
    Siphonatores in Alchemist lab( currently), vestiaritai and varangian guard/saxon Huskarl could be in Imperial Palace building and Katapraktoi could be in lasts levels of Barracks, another possibility is being recruitable in Haghia Sophia as special byzantine wonder.

Also i think that Saxon Huskarls should be renamed as "Anglo-saxon Huskarls" for the increase of Anglo-Saxons in this unit, not just Saxons. Another option is to remove this unit for the Byzantines, only recrutable in England and North Germany (currently) and add the varangia guard unit (which could be called Anglovarangian guard) from the beginning of the game with 2 or 3 different upgrades to see the change of a mercenary unit with its own team to a more elite unit and romanized with the passage of time (year 1180-1200)
    opinions ???
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Ok guys i saw some issues/little bugs and questions about the most recent beta version of sship 0.9.8:

-the roads have the same little issue that i said some time ago, they have differents names in campaign map( paved roads, highways...)

I think this type of problem is within Jurand of Cracow's purview
    -About sicilians i saw the new norman buildings, it is cool see unique buildings! But i dont understand well, i see in Palermo a building called "Castel" but in the builgind browser is written "norman stronghold" and after you can build palazzo dei normannni,
    Also saw that these buildings have very short description.
    Only is possible recruit footman miles? Not miles cavalry?
    And England i think that also should have normans builgins, they ALSO were normans, at least in Normandy and south of England...

-exist the same issue about voices for non english users ( north factions as scots, norwegians,russians and others dont have voices)

Use the sound patch "SSHIP soundfix FR + DE + RU ..." it should work
    -about uncrowned kings is still necessary have a cathedral? I dont see in the description for example for danish or norwegians but yes for sicilians( in palazzo di normani)

-i think that some units should have the attribute "frighty nearby enemy" as Huskarlar, saxon huskarls, varangian guard and katapractoi.

If the team agrees, I could add this attribute in EDU.
    Do you know the title of this attribute recognized by the game engine?
    -for moors/egyptians units, my previous proposal about all berbers and black/african units should have the attribute "combat bonus in deserts" still is not present in the game, i think is logical and improve the inmersion and historical no? Same for turkopole proposal
    Maybe sship team want wait for a total revision of the units/units rosters.

If the team agrees, I could add this attribute in EDU.
    Do you know the title of this attribute recognized by the game engine?
    -for germans, where is possible recruit axe mailed knights? Only see that in castles is possible recruit sword mailed knights but in campaign map they are present in magdeburg fortress.

-For Nikkosaiz units, they are gorgeous in sship!!! But some issues/questions about byzantines...
    I think that saxon huskarls(pre-varangian guard), varangian guard, vestiarstoi( imperial guard) and katapraktoi should be recruitable ONLY in Constantinople, not in mercenary barracks for all settlements, they were tagma units stationed around or within Constantinople. It would be better for inmersion and historical, you need have this important city for have your best troops, maybe in Imperial Palace? Or unique units in Haghia Sophia.

Removing units requires simultaneous work on different files including EDB which are not in my domain. It also makes the new version of the game incompatible with older saves. These decisions will be made by our director Jurand of Cracow.
    I was able to correct the name of the Scoutotoi swordsman unit by modifying the export_units file (note that this unit does have the shield wall attribute, it is the Scoutotoi spearmen who do not) and I was able to also change the name of Castrophilakae to symachika tagmata.
    On the other hand, it is impossible to understand why the Trapezuntines horse archers and the Vestiaritai do not have descriptions. They are however present in export_units ...
    I hope not to be very picky about all this or cause anger in the team, my English may not be the best to express myself.
    My proposals regarding the units and their availability and attributes is to make them as historical and real as possible in the game, as well as immersive.
    I suppose that little by little the mod will be polished little by little, especially in the units and their attributes.

If I find more issues I will continue to give you my opinion.

For now I am very happy with this mod and your work has undoubtedly improved a lot in recent years.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

j.a. - thanks for all comments!
    - names of the roads - I've fixed it.
    - Norman strongholds - yes, the English have access
    - kings and cathedrals - yes, with exceptions. No solution yet for the Danes and Norwegians, need to do it. Perhaps with a new building.
    - Axe Mailed Knights - we didn't review the German recruitment, it's like it was in 092. Need to do it.
    - Varangian guard can be recruited only in capital
    - removing units and changing rosters will be done after 098 is published, I think. That's a hell of work. For now, the current SSHIP system from version 092 is upheld.

A bug, with an impossible battle when I attacked from the east a Georgian army which besieged Trapezous: the excessive relief made that my army and that of the enemy were stuck in the mountain wall without being able to move.

Foederatus

Hello can i ask please:

If i follow: "(A) Installing in stages" method its NOT recommended to use the "SS6.4 BUGFIX COMPILATION v1.27" and "v1.27 ADDENDUMS" with SSHIP right because you have included that fixes already?
    What is about the "G5 Settlement Fixes All in 1" pack is it also NOT recommended to use it with SSHIP?

I don't think any of these patches are needed. If you are unable to install SSHIP, one of the developers on the team can provide you with the current test version which installs directly without going through the Stainless Steel installation steps.

In my attempt to correct the small bugs of the units brought by Nikossaiz in unit_info, unit descriptions and the unit cards, I find myself in front of a mystery:
    - some descriptions do not appear in the windows although they are in the export_units text
    - some info images (like that of Mourtatoi) do not correspond to the actual one in the unit_info folder
    - same thing with some unit cards

If anyone has any idea of ​​the problem ...

I have found problems with images and unit cards. Some were simply to be placed in the "merc" folder and not in the "byzantium" folder.
    Last edited by kostic; May 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Hello guys , testing the new version , all is going well apart from some random crashes at end turn and one ctd in battle (will investigate more as i play).

The issue i have is with the game settings. They are not saving. Which cfg.file is responsable for the game's settings , right now they get reset to vanilla everytime i restart the game , resolution , textures etc.

@Nemesis

Have you checked the usual suspects? main/medieval2.preference.cfg - or - main/mods/SSHIP_098/configuration.cfg

@Nemesis : The May 10 version doesn't do that to me.

I have the same issue as Nemesis. Solved it by removing configuration.cfg from SSHIP_098 folder and pasting an older default.cfg into the same folder. Than I also pasted SS_launcher.exe (from Stainless Steel mod) into it and have to start with the launcher instead of .bat file. Weird. But now it works, just have to figure out which faction to play, last time it was Sicily and it was an amazing playthrough

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Hello!
    I'm just downloaded latest version of SSHIP
    And now going to start campaign
    So could you give advise which faction is very interesting and has more actions
    I assume to play in middle east (Rum, Georgia etc)
    I will play on VH
    Thanks a lot

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Do you have version 0.9.7 or full version beta ?