Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Thanks for sheding light on this guys. It's definitely battle script error.

FYI: It always crashes when I rush with knights and then pull them back (whole enemy army goes into pursuit mode) behind my lines (which I guess makes AI targeting go mad).
    If I don't do that, the battle works great

You probably know about this(maybe its not a bug?) but Seljuk FM called "Garshasp" has ahdath militia as his BG.

Not sure about everyone else, but the Abbassids are crazy with spamming assassins.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    You probably know about this(maybe its not a bug?) but Seljuk FM called "Garshasp" has ahdath militia as his BG.

Not sure about everyone else, but the Abbassids are crazy with spamming assassins.
    Garshasp in 097 has ME Bodyguards.

agent spam will be limited in 097 as far as the merchants and diplomats are concerned (but there'll be more princesses). In the future I plan to do similar thing with priests, spies and assassins - but some reflection is needed beforehand.

MERCHANTS* the goal of these changes is to limit the increase of time the player deals with the merchants as the faction grows. The fewer merchants but each providing more income will be good for playing experience.
    - availability limited to a few per faction. They'll be provided by:
    (1) each capital (ie if you take another faction capital, you can recruit an additional merchant)
    (2) guilds: Merchants, Explorers & Hanseatic (only after Ostsiedlung event).
    (3) large cities in North Italy and in the Low Countries (if Warehouse is built).
    (4) all huge coastal cities (if Docklands are built).
    - information windows on their impact have been included.
    - the traits of the merchants have not yet been reviewed after 092, but they seem to work more-or-less ok.

DIPLOMATS
    * the goal of these changes is to limit the processing time of the turns since the AI diplomats sometimes keep on trying to bribe cities and that makes turns longer if they are numerous. Another reason is to decrease the diplomat spam the player makes, keeping a diplomat at each of the enemy faction.
    - every faction should have an access to a diplomat from the very beginning. However, there'll be fewer diplomat in-game overall because: 1. many AI diplomats very often checked the other cities for bribe and this slowed the processing time much, 2. there's a Noble Lady script: each faction gets a princess every ca. 40 turns. To this end the diplomat are available from:
    (1) the administrative buildings in the capitals only (ie. provinces with hidden resource capital: if the player conquers another faction capital, he'll have access to another diplomat).
    (2) Explorers Guilds, Theologian Guilds (note: the Latin Europe factions will get this ability only after 4th Lateran Council).
    (3) Universities.
    - information windows on their impact have been included.
    - the traits for the diplomats had been reviewed for 096.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I will make good use of this, thanks.

Hello! I installed only SSHIP with the guide provided (not any submod), OS Windows 10, MTW2 Steam version, with byzantine faction (difficulty: medium - battle difficulty: medium, campaign rules: long).

1. Missing voices: Italian language, some faction agents do not speak:
      1. Serbia
      2. Hungary
      3. Scotland
      4. Norway
      5. Poland
      6. Kievan Rus
      7. Denmark
      8. Novgorod

1. The city of “Sebasteia” does not give a provincial title to any of my generals

1. Some resources are not reachable by my merchant, like marble near the city of "Qaliqala”

1. AI princesses have no name (empty space like [] is shown). In my game I had added some traits, could this be the cause?
      1. NaturalPrincess 3
      2. GoodPrincess 4
      3. FairWoman 3
      4. FertileWoman 3

1. Before a battle I added some traits to my general and the battle with these new traits crashed (unexpected error was reported, but I do not have anymore the log contents). I removed them and the battle ended without problems
      1. HaleAndHearty 3
      2. Loyal 3
      3. Intelligent 3

--- Possible bugs? ---

1. The city of “Ikonion” after conquered it for 200+ turns always needs that a general is in the city otherwise the public order is red (I built all structures that give positive public order and the city is not bordered by enemy factions) only after plague epidemics did public order stabilize for a few turns

1. The sub mod “Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC)” is in SSHIP? if so, it does not appear in my game

1. The lake that borders the "Armenian Highland" region, the city of reference is "Qaliqala", generates pirate ships

thanks for your wonderful mod and work (sorry for my English)

many thanks for reporting it all! if only everybody would it in this way, bugfixing would be easy!

I believe JLMP has fixed the voices in 097.

Sebasteia - I think it's fixed in 097:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------ Trigger odearmad_iconium 
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd 
     Condition EndedInSettlement 
     and SettlementName Sives
     and CultureType greek
     and IsGeneral

and not HasAncType dearmad_her
     and not FactionwideAncillaryExists odearmad_iconium

AcquireAncillary odearmad_iconium chance 100

Ikonion - yes, this is the case with all foreign culture capitals.

RCL is not in the SSHIP, a script for princess is a kind of replacement.
    Princesses are all fixed in 097.

Qaliquala has in 097 resource no_pirates - no more those ships.

Can you provide a pic with that unreachable resource?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 10, 2020 at 08:11 AM.

(I can't edit my previous post (it seems because I'm a new user) I edited and added some issues, I hope the previous post can be deleted)
    Hello! I installed only SSHIP with the guide provided (not any submod), OS Windows 10, MTW2 Steam version, with byzantine faction (difficulty: medium - battle difficulty: medium, campaign rules: long).

1. Missing voices: Italian language, some faction agents do not speak:
    a. Serbia
    b. Hungary
    c. Scotland
    d. Norway
    e. Poland
    f. Kievan Rus
    g. Denmark
    h. Novgorod

2. The city of “Sebasteia” does not give a provincial title to any of my generals

3. Some resources are not reachable by my merchant, like marble near the city of "Qaliqala”

4. AI princesses have no name (empty space like [] is shown). In my game I had added some traits, could this be the cause?
    a. NaturalPrincess 3
    b. GoodPrincess 4
    c. FairWoman 3
    d. FertileWoman 3

5. Before a battle I added some traits to my general and the battle with these new traits crashed (unexpected error was reported, but I do not have anymore the log contents). I removed them and the battle ended without problems
    a. HaleAndHearty 3
    b. Loyal 3
    c. Intelligent 3

--- Possible bugs? ---

6. The city of “Ikonion” after conquered it for 200+ turns always needs that a general is in the city otherwise the public order is red (I built all structures that give positive public order and the city is not bordered by enemy factions) only after plague epidemics did public order stabilize for a few turns

7. The sub mod “Royal Ladies of the Court (RLC)” is in SSHIP? if so, it does not appear in my game

8. The lake that borders the "Armenian Highland" region, the city of reference is "Qaliqala", generates pirate ships

9. (New to older post) The "Skewed view" trait is very frequent and brings almost all my generals the "deranged" trait

10. (New to older post) Sometimes agents from other factions board ships and land immediately afterwards, repeating this action for several turns.

thanks for your wonderful mod and work (sorry for my English)

I did fix everything for English version, other localizations got moderately improved.

Have you used the official soundfix @praetorian?

Thank you for your answer!!
    I used the soundfix but didn't solve the problem
    this is the picture:
    https://imgur.com/a/KK33TVq

I tried the soundfix again today and only Scotland has the missing voices. (thank you!)
    I point out that now the sound produced when I click on any button in the main menu has disappeared. (anyway thanks for your work!)

I dont know if it falls into the bug catergory, but I find assassins (and to a lesser extend spies) overpowered.

My 1 star assassin has 47% chance to kill the pope
    My 5 star assassin has 66% to kill a 6 stars general

I did a campaign where I spammed assassins (probably like 50-60 kills) and really, the odds are too forgiving. On top of that, AI (in hard mod) doesnt really ever use assassin at me to make it atleast fair.
    Likewise, spies have it way too easy to open gates imo. (I dont think getting intel isn't a problem tho).

So, maybe you could tweak one of those:
    -reduce overall success for assassin/spies
    -Give em a WAY bigger upkeep/recruitment cost, (especially for assassins) to simulate the price it would cost to recruit such individuals and the cost requiered to bribe people to allow for an assassination
    -Give some buildings (directly, if possible), bonus to resist assassination/detect spies
    - or give more anti agents traits (especially for important titles). A king / popê/ big general shoudlnt be sniped easily
    -In case of a failed attemp, decrease even more the chance of success for following attemps

2- Is it possible to tweak the average age of natural death? In my opinion, characters live way too long (i got many generals 73+, i mean that was really not common)

3 - the "feeling honored/dishonored trait", what can I do to get it? Just giving title/armies to my generals?
    Last edited by lequintal69; July 10, 2020 at 09:35 AM.

@ praetorian:

I'd say 264 turns is not bad! Congratulations. You also may put some info on your campaign in the relevant thread :-)

ad. 3 - thanks, I'll move that marble so that it's possible to trade it.

ad. 4,5 - additional traits may be the source of the crashes, you never know. There may be other reason as well. But 264 turns means you can play very long without crashes (or despite them ;-)

ad. 9 - yeah, I hope it won't happen in the new version.

ad. 10 - unknow to me.

@ lequintal:

assassins (but also priests vs. heretics) - I need to look into it at some time. I haven't dealt with it, frankly speaking, otherwise than by programming traits (some of your ideas are already programmed). But this need to be adjusted in parameters.

ad. 2 yes, it is. I've already lowered it (min. death age of 55 iirc, before 60). However, I don't think it's a good idea to go lower - the traits are programmed in the view of 70 turns of life after the school age. I know some generals live too long, but I hope we can live with it.

ad. 3 - this is an element of the ContentGeneral trait. Some triggers are here:

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger Loyalty_Check_WonBattle
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition WonBattle
           and not IsFactionLeader
           and I_ConflictType Normal
           and BattleOdds < 1.75

Affects ContentGeneral 1 Chance 75 

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Loyalty_Check_Buildings2

and not IsFactionLeader
           and GovernorBuildingExists >= large_stone_wall
           and Attribute Command < 6
           and not Trait Far_Loyalty > 0

Affects ContentGeneral 1 Chance 15 

Trigger Loyalty_Check_Buildings3

and not IsFactionLeader
           and GovernorBuildingExists >= fortress
           and Attribute Command < 6

Affects ContentGeneral 1 Chance 15 

Trigger Loyalty_Check_Similar_Attributes

Condition IsGeneral
           and not IsFactionLeader
           and Attribute Chivalry >= 3
           and FactionLeaderAttribute Chivalry >= 3

Affects ContentGeneral 1 Chance 5

I'm playing with castille and my game keeps crashing after a siege battle to defend Cordoba. Always follows the same pattern, the battle goes on normally, I win, then exit the battle screen and goes to the turns, and before reach my turn the game crashes. Only stopped crashing when auto-resolved the battle.
    I'm using the kostic models, and nothing else different.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Millan-Astray View Post
    I'm playing with castille and my game keeps crashing after a siege battle to defend Cordoba. Always follows the same pattern, the battle goes on normally, I win, then exit the battle screen and goes to the turns, and before reach my turn the game crashes. Only stopped crashing when auto-resolved the battle.
    I'm using the kostic models, and nothing else different.
    Unfortunately , some battles just make the script go nuts and crash , glad the auto-resolve fixed the issue at least .

nashpik's Avatar Libertus

Hi guys.

Can anyone help me with the following CTD?
    It occurs on rebels' turn when they sally out for a battle.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    09:05:40.136 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:05:40.137 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    09:05:40.143 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:05:40.147 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:05:40.151 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:05:40.152 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:05:40.155 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:05:40.160 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    09:05:46.590 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12453, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(abbasid)
    09:05:46.590 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12453, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(turks)
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(rum)
    09:05:46.591 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12481, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(abbasid)
    09:05:46.591 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12481, column 120
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(turks)
    unit(Arab Cavalry) does not match up to the ownership for faction(rum)
    09:05:46.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3171, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_Min_Technical_Level).
    09:05:46.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3230, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_Max_Technical_Level).
    09:05:46.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3246, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Ignorant).
    09:05:46.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3251, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Sadly_Ignorant).
    09:05:46.979 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3256, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Blissfully_Ignorant).
    09:05:46.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 5287, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Upright) level(Utterly_Immaculate_NGB).
    09:05:46.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6280, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Visit_Medina) level(Visit_Medina).
    09:05:46.982 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6947, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Western_Edu) level(Basic_Western_Ed).
    09:05:46.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6957, column 16
    Could'n find description string for trait(Western_Edu) level(Standard_Western_Ed_desc).
    09:05:46.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6998, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Eastern_Edu) level(Basic_Eastern_Ed).
    09:05:46.983 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 7050, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Greek_Edu) level(Basic_Greek_Ed).
    09:05:46.991 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12342, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(AgentHealth) level(AgentIll_Max_TechnicalLevel).
    09:05:47.083 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42663, column 16
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: trait
    09:05:47.083 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42665, column 22
    attribute type not recognised
    09:05:47.083 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42679, column 16
    09:05:47.083 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42681, column 22
    09:05:57.849 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    09:07:29.363 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    09:09:06.836 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

upload a save and tell which version you're using

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

From the last log, multiple instances - not fatal and not related to the crash, but I think it's a simple matter of capitalization to fix those trigger errors, eg and Trait drunkard > 0.

That's possibly a trait or trait effect instead of an attribute like piety or loyalty

Nothing worse then some elaborate trait set up that flops because of an error like this.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 20, 2020 at 05:36 AM.

nashpik's Avatar Libertus

Jurand of Cracow;15935563]
    upload a save and tell which version you're using
    Hi JoC.
    I'm using 0.96 with Kostic's mini mod

Autosave.rar
    Last edited by nashpik; July 20, 2020 at 06:56 AM.

Firenza tittle retinue is called Pisa.