Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I am having a similar issue playing the latest 0.98 beta in which I get an immediate CTD when I hover the cursor over a Fatimid city. It's happened with Alexandria, Damietta, that one south of Tunis, as long as they were controlled by Fatimids. The last lines in the log look like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    20:09:46.865 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait_monitors> at line 64503 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:09:57.096 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    20:09:57.096 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    20:09:57.522 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

If anyone else has this problem and has solved it, let me know. It seems to happen less often when I have just restarted my PC, but it might just be my imagination. It has definitely happened immediately afterwards. Fatimids are already dominating the map and every time I try to fight them they hit me with CTD.

filmfixed's Avatar Libertus

They happen when I hover over the map, I actually think it has something to do with where the mouse is actually hovering. Especially if I hover my mouse over Al-Qahira it can crash, seems very similar to the previous crashes when clicking on a certain character.

They also don't happen 100% of the time just 80% of the time.

I feel it is similar to the crashes I was having at the start of my campaign when hovering over Anatolia, this was resolved for me by certain characters dieing.

I'll see if I can capture Cairo and whether the crashes persist after this.

Also thanks heaps for the informed responses, you all do an incredible job building this mod up. Cheers

filmfixed's Avatar Libertus

The crashes do not persist once I have captured the cities for myself.

I can also confirm that a reboot does seem to improve things for some time and that playing without other apps open does seem to help. But this is just my impression, could very much be unrelated.

Having now captured all of north Egypt, I am getting CTD when travelling to southern Egypt where the Fatimid's still reside. It's definitely some issue with their faction (maybe some other Islamic factions too).

16:00:52.750 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <a2u20_distance> = 016:00:53.501 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Counter_Of_Battles> fired
    16:00:53.501 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <ACM_Improve_Any_Victory> fired
    16:00:53.501 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle3Chivalry1_UnfairBattle> fired
    16:01:03.404 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    To stay on top of this topic, these negative traits are both inappropriate but also contradictory. See what it looks like on the same previous general who won the last battle:

2- It was not a defeat. When a city is under siege, there is the possibility of fighting to liberate it, but when the enemy army is too large, making an exit to weaken the adversary can be useful before returning to take shelter in the enclosure. That's what I did. despite the courage of the general who left to fight, he then found himself with the trait "faltering courage".
    The trait obtained this time is not "faltering courage", but is not very rewarding after all these heroic actions ...

My general has also lost a star of command against a religious halo. So he was a bad strategist ?

I started the same battle again to try to find the "faltering courage" trait, I had another trait instead ... unfortunately still quite inappropriate, don't you think ?

Conclusion: the particular case - but which can happen often - of a general who courageously attacks his enemies during an sortie does not give a satisfactory trait and even contrary to what it should be, given the risk taken by the player losing his general.

I believe - but I have no knowledge of scripting - that there should only be this type of trait for generals who have not personally participated in a fight. As soon as a general takes part in a fight:
    - especially if he kills a lot of opponents
    - especially if he is injured
    This one should obtain positive traits and / or valuing his courage.
    We should add something like "and caused no casualties" "and was not hurt" ...
    You can't accept these unfair traits if you can do something about it with coding. Better that the general harvest nothing than negative traits !
    I cannot take the information panel when I leave the battle after an outing, but it is clearly stated on it: "your exit was a success ! You can now leave the battle"
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Why don't we change these traits? I totally agree with Kostic - the leniency traits (poor disciplinarian, too lenient etc.) and faltering courage are right now unreasonable and unhistorical IMO. Why general have to fight himself in the battle? that was not always the case and it was not cowardly generals who wouldn't fight themselves.. Some factions have the archer units as general, or stay inside during the siege, why do they have to be penalize for that.. Besides that, I was trying to understand the logic of the "poor disciplinarian", but without reading the code it makes no sense. To me it just appears somewhere in the game, and I learned not to pay attention to it. I also don't think these traits add anything important to the game - together with my most hated trait - "senile and co." "Regent" is another thing, I understand its much more complicated, but the others could be easily changed..
    I keep on thinking of the issue of negative traits. I've added conditions for lower difficulties for Coward, but still need to review the whole file and to count probabilities.

Code:
    ;--------------------------------------------------------- Coward from Battles; the challenge of adjusting parameters in Conditions is:
    ; they should punish the behaviour of too-safe play by the player:
    ; - a general is just watching the battle, not participating
    ; - the player is autoresolving a risky battle (not to mention save-and-reload...)
    ; - the player is withdrawing having seen the risky odds
    ; but should not punish autoresolving unimportant battles

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger BattleCoward_No_Killed_Enemies
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and BattleOdds < 2.0                        ; 3.0 was too much for autoresolving
           and GeneralNumKillsInBattle < 2
           and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2    ; only for Hard and VeryHard

Affects Coward 1 Chance 15                        ; to keep it low... otherwise too many autoresolve give it

Trigger BattleCoward_No_Real_Fight
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and BattleOdds < 1.2
           and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 20

Affects Coward 1 Chance 33 

Trigger BattleCoward_Loss_Without_Fight
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and not WonBattle
           and BattleOdds < 2.0
           and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 50
           and Trait CounterOfBattles < 6            ; to avoid a paradox of a coward experienced general

Trigger BattleCoward_Routed
     WhenToTest BattleGeneralRouted

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait CounterOfBattles < 6            ; to avoid a paradox of a coward experienced general; one may add more conditions here

Affects Coward 1 Chance 66

Trigger BattleCoward_Routed_Teenager
     WhenToTest BattleGeneralRouted

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Wantschool > 0     

Affects Coward 1 Chance 66

Trigger Coward_Withdraw_Before_Battle_Even_Odds
     WhenToTest PreBattleWithdrawal

Condition IsGeneral
           and I_WithdrawsBeforeBattle
           and BattleOdds > 0.7
           and BattleOdds < 1.7

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 23, 2022 at 07:04 AM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Is this well known bug:
    "01:46:53.467 [game.script] [always] ------ Qara_Khitai_Provoked = 1, terminate script
    01:46:53.467 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 55343 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:46:53.467 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <increment_kings_purse> at line 55344 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:46:53.467 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 55345 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:46:53.470 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/Qara_Khitai_Trade.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:46:53.471 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/Qara_Khitai_Trade.tga.dds
    01:46:53.471 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/Qara_Khitai_Trade.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:46:53.471 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Is this well known bug:
    "01:46:53.467 [game.script] [always] ------ Qara_Khitai_Provoked = 1, terminate script
    01:46:53.467 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <add_money> at line 55343 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:46:53.467 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <increment_kings_purse> at line 55344 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:46:53.467 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 55345 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:46:53.470 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/Qara_Khitai_Trade.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:46:53.471 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/Qara_Khitai_Trade.tga.dds
    01:46:53.471 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/Qara_Khitai_Trade.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:46:53.471 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."
    No, it's not.

the relevant code is:
    if I_EventCounter Qara_Khitai_Provoked = 1 log ------ Qara_Khitai_Provoked = 1, terminate script
    add_money turks -7500
    increment_kings_purse turks 250
    historic_event Qara_Khitai_Trade
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    so the text could have been a problem, but I don't think so. Only if the special characters are not allowed, but I think they're...
    {QARA_KHITAI_TRADE_BODY}\n\nThe Qara Khitai empire was established by Yelü Dashi, who led nomadic Khitans west by way of Mongolia after the collapse of the Liao dynasty. The Khitans conquered Kashgar, Khotan, and Beshbalik, before defeating the Western Kara-Khanid Khanate at Khujand in 1137, eventually leading to their control over the Fergana Valley. However, their warlike ways have been quelled by the wise rulers of the Seljuks, who convinced the Khitans to live and trade peacefully. \n\n\nAs a token of this trade relationship, the Seljuk Empire gains an increase in Kings Purse by 250.
    {QARA_KHITAI_TRADE_TITLE}Qara Khitai in Mā Warāʾan-Nahr
    or maybe this one is not allowed: ā ?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I had a crash during a battle:

20:01:24.507 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 26631 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.507 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 26816 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.507 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26816 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.507 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26817 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.507 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26818 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.507 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26819 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26820 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26821 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26822 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26823 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26824 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26824, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000728'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26825 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26825, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000760'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26826 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26826, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000952'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26827 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26827, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000552'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26828 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26828, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000808'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26829 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26829, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000824'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26830 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26830, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000968'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26831 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26831, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000648'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26832 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.512 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26832, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000776'.

20:01:24.512 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26833 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26833, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000472'.

20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26834 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26834, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000600'.

20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26835 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26835, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502000792'.

20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26837 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26838 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26839 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26840 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26841 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26842 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26843 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26844 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26845 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26846 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26847 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26848 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26848, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001032'.

20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26849 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26849, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001336'.

20:01:24.513 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26850 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.513 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26850, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001352'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26851 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26851, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001080'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26852 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26852, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001368'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26853 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26853, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001256'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26854 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26854, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001176'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26855 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26855, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001192'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_gta_add_unit_label> at line 26856 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <ai_gta_add_unit_label>, at line 26856, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'ai_gta_add_unit_label': invalid unit label '502001464'.

20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 26859 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <battle_wait> at line 26996 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.514 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer started 0.50 @ 172.8, line number 26996
    20:01:24.577 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 0.50 @ 173.3, line number 26996
    20:01:24.577 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_active_set> at line 26997 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.577 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 26998 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.577 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <apply_strategy> = 0
    20:01:24.577 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 10.00 @ 173.3, line number 41914
    20:01:24.704 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 10.00 @ 174, line number 41814
    20:01:24.776 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 5.00 @ 174.4, line number 29722
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28384 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28389 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28401 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28411 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28419 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28427 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28435 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28443 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28451 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28460 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28470 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.783 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28479 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28488 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28498 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28507 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28517 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28527 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28536 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28545 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28555 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28565 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28575 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28766 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28957 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29148 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29339 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29530 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <battle_wait> at line 29722 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:01:24.784 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer started 5.00 @ 174.5, line number 29722
    20:01:25.129 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@b0Gia de Bodemloze : Did you save before the battle ? Does the bug happen again if you start it again ?

So guys, I hope I will get some help here.

I'm using the 0.97 patch H version, and I got used with the random CTDs, but I can't get rid of the fathal graphic error, happening randomly after and before a battle (it also happened with Stainless Steel)
    I have MTW2 steam version, I installed the game in another directory as explained, I use Window 7 compatibility mode and I run the .exe(s) as an administrator. UAC is disabled.

I don't know what else I can do before just giving up.
    I don't know if it helps but running another mod as Bellum Crucis, didn't give me a single fathal graphic error. So, is there something I didn't do?

1. Better if you download 0.98 (newer and more stable):
    https://mega.nz/file/1eAH0CRB#4Izrcq...94A0PTB8kx4XO4
    This link above is in the SSHIP download page...

2. Install LAA patch that should fix the after battle ctd's.

Hopefully this will help..

1. Better if you download 0.98 (newer and more stable):
    https://mega.nz/file/1eAH0CRB#4Izrcq...94A0PTB8kx4XO4
    This link above is in the SSHIP download page...

2. Install LAA patch that should fix the after battle ctd's.

Hopefully this will help..
    Hello Macaras, thanks for your help.
    just one question, what is LAA patch and where can I find it?

So its Large Address Aware patch, it allows to use more memory for old programs on modern computers. If you type in google "LAA patch 4 GB" you will have some different options (I personaly used ntcore). We posted it also somewhere in the forum, i don't remember where though.

So its Large Address Aware patch, it allows to use more memory for old programs on modern computers. If you type in google "LAA patch 4 GB" you will have some different options (I personaly used ntcore). We posted it also somewhere in the forum, i don't remember where though.
    Thanks!
    I actually solved the matter!

But now I have another problem. I downloaded the 0.98 version as you suggested. I unziped the folder SSHIP_098 in the mods folder and I double clicked on the launcher but now the game starts in a little window and I don't know how to play fullscreen...

open configuration.cfg
    and change these parameters:
    borderless_window =false
    windowed =false

you may also consider changing both resolutions to 1920 x 1080.

Thanks to everyone, I actually solved all my troubles. And the mod seems to run very smoothly so far.

I have one question, friends.

What is different between playing "Run as Administration mode" and "Without Administration mode"?
    I have tested the two ways, but cannot find any difference.

I notice that my game on Without Administration mode is more stable with lesser CTD than the Run as Administration.
    Last edited by minhnd6789; February 02, 2022 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    I have one question, friends.

What is different between playing "Run as Administration mode" and "Without Administration mode"?
    I have tested the two ways, but cannot find any difference.

I notice that my game on Without Administration mode is more stable with lesser CTD than the Run as Administration.
    I don't see any difference in practice. Maybe there're specifica instances, but I don't know them.

This is a test post for my side-project of fixing up any spelling or grammatical errors. I'm only posting three this time to make sure I'm following JoC's directions properly.

What I did: unless I misunderstood directions, JoC wanted me to post the corrected text within the bounds of its code line. So all I did was copy the code line right out of the text file, and alter only the text as needed.

Following three examples are located in data/text/export_vnvs.txt

Trait: Princess / Noble Lady. Since these two traits are identical, I went ahead and corrected them both.

(OLD)
    {Princess_Royal1_desc}Child of the Faction Ruler or the Heir to the throne.
    {Princess_Royal1_effects_desc}Can marry nobles, act as a diplomat and have an opulent life (and is less likely to die at childbirth as compared to the other women among whom a half would die).
    {Princess_Royal1}Princess

(NEW)
    {Princess_Royal1_desc}Child of the Faction Leader or the Heir to the throne.
    {Princess_Royal1_effects_desc}Endowed with royal blood, she can form alliances through marriage or act as a diplomatic envoy. Due to her opulent lifestyle, she is also far less likely to perish during childbirth, a rare and valuable privilege during these times.
    {Princess_Royal1}Princess

Noble Lady
    (OLD)
    {Princess_Royal2_desc}A noble lady related to the Faction Leader and serving at his court.
    {Princess_Royal2_effects_desc}Can marry nobles, act as a diplomat and have an interesting life (and is less likely to die at childbirth as compared to the other women among whom a half would die).
    {Princess_Royal2_epithet_desc}the Noble Lady
    {Princess_Royal2}Noble Lady

(NEW)
    {Princess_Royal2_desc}A noblewoman related to the Faction Leader and serving at his court.
    {Princess_Royal2_effects_desc}Endowed with noble blood, she can form alliances through marriage or act as a diplomatic envoy. Due to her opulent lifestyle, she is also far less likely to perish during childbirth, a rare and valuable privilege during these times.
    {Princess_Royal2_epithet_desc}the Noble Lady
    {Princess_Royal2}Noble Lady

Trait: Heir Presumptive

(OLD)
    {Faction_Regent1_desc}The current king has failed to raise a son, and as a result, this man will become regent of the realm when the current king passes onto the next world.
    {Faction_Regent1_effects_desc}+2 to personal security (improves the chances of foiling assassination attempts)
    {Faction_Regent1}Heir Presumptive

(NEW)
    {Faction_Regent1_desc}The current leader has failed to raise a son, and as a result, this man will be empowered as regent of the realm when the current leader passes away.
    {Faction_Regent1_effects_desc}+2 to personal security (improves the chances of foiling assassination attempts)
    {Faction_Regent1}Heir Presumptive

Trait: Administratively Minded

(OLD)
    {Governor_Minded_desc}He has a gift for books, letters, and numbers - all things useful for a bureaucrat. With training, he could probably acquire some understanding of military matters, but he is of most use behind a desk.
    {Governor_Minded_effects_desc}\nWill benefit from staying in cities with educational facilities while he is a teenager. If older, he will gain positive traits while at the same time governing a settlement.
    {Governor_Minded}Administratively Minded

(NEW)
    {Governor_Minded_desc}He has a gift for books, letters, and numbers - all things useful for a bureaucrat. With training, he could probably acquire some understanding of military matters, but he is of most use behind a desk.
    {Governor_Minded_effects_desc}\nWill benefit from staying in cities with educational facilities while he is a teenager. As an adult, he will gain positive traits whilst governing a settlement.
    {Governor_Minded}Administratively Minded

I posted the original / corrected versions for comparison. If you just want the corrected versions, let me know. Or if you also want small explanations / justifications for each change, I can include those as well.

that's very good, very useful.
    You're probably making those changes in the export_ancillaries.txt. Maybe you could make those changes and then upload the file here? I'd then download it, use WinMerge and transpose your changes into the mod files.
    cheers
    JoC

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You're probably making those changes in the export_ancillaries.txt.
    I have not looked at ancillaries and titles yet, but if I end up making changes in that file I will be sure to provide the necessary files. So far I've been working my way through unit descriptions, traits, and building descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Maybe you could make those changes and then upload the file here? I'd then download it, use WinMerge and transpose your changes into the mod files.
    That sounds like the most efficient way to do it. I will change the text in the files themselves and then upload them. I will also include a separate text file that lists all changes that I've made, just as a helpful reference.