Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Unless I'm wrong, that should only affect your general traits (dread or chivalrous if I remember it correctly), may be your reputation as well but in a lower manner.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Wouldnt using the console command in here do the same as removing triggers from EDCT? and you don't need to exit and restart game

Are there console commands to increase reputation?, it got stuck at very untrustworthy and i need the orders knights to fight off the mongol invasion that took over half the map, Seljuks, Cumans, Kievan Rus, Novgorod, Zengids have fallen to the horde and only the eastern romans are putting up a fight against them with elite unit stacks ( i modified the files so that they could deploy their most elite units from any huge city), but they are losing and the mongols are just at my gates (only three polish territories stand in the way), and my feudal armies are not enough to defeat them (I just sent an elite army composed of feudal knights, turkopole archers (armoured ones), feudal foot knights, sarracen heavy mercenaries and light men at arms, but got defeated against one and a half mongol army)

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Wouldnt using the console command in here do the same as removing triggers from EDCT? and you don't need to exit and restart game
    I've tried removing the triggers from the export_descr_character_traits.txt, export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_descr_guilds.txt files. Also tried the command listed here - no apparent luck though, still CTD'ing.

@juanplay: Releasing prisoners will get your global standing up. I will overhaul the system for the next release to be a bit more deep and better designed.

If want to cheat a bit, you can simply write a trigger in the descr_faction_standing file to automatically increase your global reputation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    I've tried removing the triggers from the export_descr_character_traits.txt, export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_descr_guilds.txt files. Also tried the command listed here - no apparent luck though, still CTD'ing.
    So it might be a trait/antitrait issue.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator

So the new "update" to Medieval II seems to have ed things right over for everyone. Though you can use the file renaming trick to get Steam to launch SSHIP, you can't load a save without a CTD. Any ideas on a workaround yet?

which new update? what are you talking about?

Is this about the failure of a launcher for M2TW:K included in steam version?
    the workaround has been for ages to not use that launcher but rather make Steam Shortcut to SS_launcher.exe located in SS6.3 folder

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    which new update? what are you talking about?

Is this about the failure of a launcher for M2TW:K included in steam version?
    the workaround has been for ages to not use that launcher but rather make Steam Shortcut to SS_launcher.exe located in SS6.3 folder
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...the-update-for

Basically I can no longer load my saves, I get a CTD every time. And I can't start a new campaign, the faction selection screen is basically blank. I talk about it in that thread.

oh I see now...good thing i had my M2 isolated from steam, well I suppose using the older kingdoms.exe should do? although that cannot be distributed without infringing in illegal activities... :/

I suppose the modding community will have to ask CA and/or Steam how the hell are mods supposed to use the kingdoms.exe

Wow.. I can't believe they really killed all mods with this, as well as other game aspects. How retarded can a company act?... Good thing I don't have MTW2 in steam.

A small typo error in campaign_script:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;=======================================================;
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;
    ;=======================================================;

set_event_counter resistance 0

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave

inc_event_counter resistance 1

if I_EventCounter resistance  > 15
                set_event_counter resistance 0
            end_if

set_event_counter new_house_spain 0
        set_event_counter new_house_france 0
        set_event_counter new_house_portugal 0
        set_event_counter new_house_aragon 0
        set_event_counter new_house_hre 0
        set_event_counter new_house_england 0
        set_event_counter new_house_scotland 0
        set_event_counter new_house_denmark 0
        set_event_counter new_house_norway 0  
        set_event_counter new_house_poland 0
        set_event_counter new_house_hungary 0
        set_event_counter new_house_venice 0
        set_event_counter new_house_sicily 0
        set_event_counter new_house_pisa 0
        set_event_counter new_house_milan 0
        set_event_counter new_house_byzantium 0
        set_event_counter new_house_kievan_rus 0
        set_event_counter new_house_russia 0
        set_event_counter new_house_teutonic_order 0
        set_event_counter new_house_timurids 0
        set_event_counter new_house_lithuania 0
        set_event_counter new_house_cumans 0
        set_event_counter new_house_moors 0
        set_event_counter new_house_rum 0
        set_event_counter new_house_turks 0
        set_event_counter new_house_egypt 0
        set_event_counter new_house_kwarezm 0
        set_event_counter new_house_jerusalem 0
        set_event_counter new_house_egypt 0

if I_EventCounter resistance  < 15

if I_FactionLeaderTrait spain Usurper >= 3
                     set_event_counter civil_war_spain_going_on = 1
                end_if

I'm getting crashes to desktop almost every battle. I'm around 140 turns in as Georgia, the first 100 turns I had maybe 1 CTD. I was only really fighting whatever the kwarez (I forget what they're calling in this sub) and rebels. Now I'm fighting Rus and it just crashes, every time

Is there a way to find out why it is crashing? I followed the instructions on a clean install.

Loving the mod thus far Georgian horse archers are abusive lol

Sorry just read the first post, found my log files.

I'm running windows 8. 8.1 doesnt work on my laptop sadly, not sure if that would help or not.

23:04:09.897 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:04:09.898 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    23:04:09.905 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:04:09.906 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:04:09.908 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:04:09.909 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:04:09.910 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:04:09.910 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:06:32.756 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Senator

Okay, so I did a clean install of Medieval II, SS 6.3 and 6.4, and SSHIP, in order to get the game working again following the Steam update.

I transferred my save over and it loaded fine. There was a moment of graphical madness when all the water became desert and the UI would flicker on and off quickly (I tried to take a screenshot but it just came out black). But other than that it seemed fine.

I was able to end turn, take a settlement, build stuff, etc. On my second end turn, I got to Independent Sovreignities and the game CTDd "unspecified error". The log just says this:

03:25:19.727 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    03:25:19.727 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 23 2014 version development ===
    03:25:19.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    03:25:19.732 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    03:25:19.733 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    03:25:19.734 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    03:25:19.734 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    03:25:19.735 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    03:38:36.615 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any advice?

Whether it helps or not. I redid my battles that crashed every time I reloaded, but I disbanded my ballista and it worked fine. I did edit my settings file, but my post above is still what the log said, maybe because it crashed on a loading screen? Removing ballista fixed it for me, incase it helps anyone here

Blog Entries

Guys, have you read this post (as mentioned in the 1st one of this thread): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post2595523

If you follow the instructions, you should be able to get a log with more details.

I've just downloaded 0.8.2. It CTD whenever I try to start a new campaign. Bug reports says that I have insufficient video memory (As if!). By a routine-check of the files, I found a lot of missing Strat models (Assassins, diplomats, merchants...), that the descr_model_Strat was referring to. Namely for the Moors, Timurids, Mongols and Milan. Maybe even more than those. Well, where are those models? Care to include them in a fix?

Blog Entries

Have you download the full version or only the patch?

I recommend to download the full version and to unzip it in a separate folder instead your game one. Then you can merge the data folder obtained with the one located in your SS6.3 main folder. It should work that way.