Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    For my CTD, if the other players manage to pass this step (turn 170) without crashing, I see only one possible explanation : a save file corrupted by my unit changes or my modifications in armour_ug_levels during the game because this backup crashes regardless of the version used.
    I'd think nobody would manage to move forward as your changes might already incoded in your save.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'd think nobody would manage to move forward as your changes might already incoded in your save.
    Any help with my problem?

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Zejfert View Post
    Hello there! Game seems to be stable as Frisian Horse but after 100 turns I find out that no one creates agents. No priests, no merchants, no spies. Is there any hotfix for this?
    Your problem is known. The new version should correct this lack of agents.
    The case of my CTD concerns modifications for the version in preparation and should not concern the last online version which remains for the moment that of September 8, 2022.

Guys i got 700+ in a Byzantine campaign, just conquered Jerusalem and Cairo and now the game gives me a CTD that I can't figure out on the rebels turn. Rip in peace my Roman Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Guys i got 700+ in a Byzantine campaign, just conquered Jerusalem and Cairo and now the game gives me a CTD that I can't figure out on the rebels turn. Rip in peace my Roman Restoration
    Upload your save (or saves), maybe we can salvage it?

I have no idea how to upload a save, would you mind pointing me in the direction of a tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    I have no idea how to upload a save, would you mind pointing me in the direction of a tutorial?
    - go to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\saves
    (or any other folder where your mod is located)
    - take the relevant file and upload it to any external server, eg. I use mega.nz (but there're plethora of other services)

Hi all,

Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone involved in the development of this mod; I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world so I'm in awe of the hard work and effort that's gone into it!

I'm 200 turns into my Regnum Norman-Anglorum campaign and I've encountered a small bug whereby I can't build Notre-Dame in Paris. The French had very kindly already built the Cathedral of Saint-Étienne when I occupied the city but I'm not able to upgrade it any further.

The requirements in the building browser indicate I need logging camps and a population that's at least 50% Catholic. I've built all the way up to a stonemasons and the population is 96% Catholic but still no joy.

I've tried demolishing the Cathedral of Saint-Étienne and rebuilding from the foundations but get stuck again at the Cathedral of Saint-Étienne. I've also tried demolishing the stonemasons and only building logging camps, as well as letting the population fall to 50% Catholic, but no dice.

Interestingly (and perhaps related) in Paris and a handful of other cities I've noted a similar issue whereby I'm unable to build paper mills. I have the necessary water mills but the building browser doesn't show the preceding parchment workshop as it does in other cities even though I have the requisite school; it only shows the paper mill, greyed out, with the text, 'Currently it is not possible to build this establishment.'

I'm not sure if there's any way to edit my save files to overcome these issues in my current playthrough, or if they're ones that can be fixed in an upcoming update.

On a side note, I've also noticed that the settlement of Obar Dheathain does not award a provincial title to a qualifying governor.

Hi Jack,
    first - upload your save, pls, we're interested in how the game progresses.

(1) Notre Dame - as I see the code now, I've made a small mistake there - and you've found it. If the AI is France, then the Notre Dame building is not buildable. As the initial script is included in the save, I'm afraid in your game you won't be able to build it. I'm sorry.

This is because the condition for building is:
    wonder_paris_notre_dame_3_nave city requires factions { northern_european, poland, hungary, southern_european, } and event_counter NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE 1 and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and building_present_min_level builders builders1 and hidden_resource france and hidden_resource capital and region_religion catholic 50
    England can build it. I assume there's 50% catholic religion. So we need the event NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE to fire. But in the script I've put a terminate command before the event fires.:

Code:
    	monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType slave		and I_EventCounter FRANCE21_SUGERIUS == 1
    		and RandomPercent < 20

if I_IsFactionAIControlled france			; fall-back: AI doesn't know it should build Notre Dame
    			set_event_counter notre_dame 1
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

if I_EventCounter notre_dame > 0			; terminate if Notre Dame built
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 200						; fall-back after 200 turns
    			set_event_counter notre_dame 1
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

historic_event NOTRE_DAME_BUILDABLE			; allows building Notre Dame lvl3 and lvl4
    		terminate_monitor

end_monitor

monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    	and SettlementBuildingFinished = wonder_paris_notre_dame_4_gothic
    		historic_event NOTRE_DAME_CONSTRUCTED		;
    		set_event_counter notre_dame 1				; essential counter for many buildings
    		terminate_monitor
    	end_monitor

monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    	and SettlementBuildingFinished = wonder_paris_notre_dame_7_glorious
    		historic_event NOTRE_DAME_CONSTRUCTED			;
    		set_event_counter france4_Notre_Dame_Splendid 1	; for the moment in one script
    		terminate_monitor
    	end_monitor
    I just need to delete the "terminate_monitor" once and everything will be all right... I'm sorry, it will be fixed for the next version.

(2) Paper Mills - they are not buildable in the capital, this is on purpose: to limit the number of the buildings.
    Actually, I plan to make just one paper mill per faction in the future (as also to fuse the library and school building chains) - again to limit the max number of buildings to those 24.

Code:
    ; Not in capital - purely to lower the number of buildings in the capitals.
    ; blast furnace should be replaced by Guttenberg event
    ; mind ancillaries "books" - triggers may be adjusted

;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@    PAPER
    building paper
    {
      levels paper3a_parchment paper3b_paper paper4_printingpress
      {
    ;==================================================================================================================================
    ;===================   PARCHEMENT   ===============================================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================  
        paper3a_parchment city requires factions { middle_eastern, greek, northern_european, eastern_european, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level education_university school and not hidden_resource capital or event_counter dummy 1
        {
          capability
          {
           law_bonus bonus 1	   
           trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires not resource elephants
           trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 requires resource elephants			; bonus for cattle

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    		income_bonus bonus -50
    	  }
          material stone
          construction  3
          cost  3000
          settlement_min city
          upgrades
          {
            paper3b_paper
          }
        }
    (3) Aberdeen - the PT will be in the next version of the SSHIP, it's been fixed after September 2023.

Big thanks for spotting the Notre Dame issue!

Upload your save!

cheers
    Joc
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Jurand I have noticed some things when starting a campaign with the Iberian factions:- The 2 initial princesses (one for Portugal and one for Castilla) are 35 years old and the next turn they already disappear because they are too old, so either the houses in the first turn or they disappear...
    - When I marry the Portuguese princess with my Castilian heir, the trait of descendant of Portuguese lineage does not appear in the traits of my heir.
    - In the Castilian family only has the trait "of castilian blood" only the king and the princess who disappears the next turn.

Is this all intentional or are they bugs???
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Jurand I have noticed some things when starting a campaign with the Iberian factions:- The 2 initial princesses (one for Portugal and one for Castilla) are 35 years old and the next turn they already disappear because they are too old, so either the houses in the first turn or they disappear...
    - When I marry the Portuguese princess with my Castilian heir, the trait of descendant of Portuguese lineage does not appear in the traits of my heir.
    - In the Castilian family only has the trait "of castilian blood" only the king and the princess who disappears the next turn.
    It's not a bug, but it's not quite right either. The reason is: the initial sets of families were prepared for 1100 for the SS. Given that the SSHIP initial creators moved the date back to 1132, the family trees are outdated, only adjusted somehow. It's not easy to adjust it as an error in age differences causes crash, so one need to count it carefully.
    Urraca should give the Portugues blood though.

character_record Alfonso de_Leon, male, age 85, dead 23, never_a_leader
    character_record Constanza de_Borgona, female, age 85, dead 39, never_a_leader
    character_record Raimundo de_Leon, male, age 70, dead 25, never_a_leader
    character_record Urraca de_Leon, female, age 70, dead 6, never_a_leader
    character_record Elvira de_Leon, female, age 29, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Teresa de_Leon, female, age 50, dead 2, never_a_leader
    character_record Enrique Martinez, male, age 46, dead 20, never_a_leader
    character_record Berenguela de_Barcelona, female, age 24, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Marti#n Martinez, male, age 60, dead 24, never_a_leader
    character_record Sancha Fernandez, female, age 60, dead 30, never_a_leader
    character_record Sancha Martinez, female, age 28, alive, never_a_leader

relative Alfonso de_Leon, Constanza de_Borgona, Urraca de_Leon, Teresa de_Leon, Elvira de_Leon, end
    relative Raimundo de_Leon, Urraca de_Leon, Sancha, AlfonsoA de_Leon, end
    ;king:
    relative AlfonsoA de_Leon, Berenguela de_Barcelona, end
    relative Enrique Martinez, Teresa de_Leon, Marti#n Martinez, end
    relative Marti#n Martinez, Sancha Fernandez, Rodrigo Martinez, Osorio Martinez, Sancha Martinez, end
    relative Gutierrez de_Castro, Sancha Martinez, end
    character Urraca de_Bonaval, princess, female, age 35, x 37, y 150 ; next to Leon
    traits IAmPrincess 1 , Princess_Royal_Blood_Portuguese 1 , NaturalPrincess 2 , GoodPrincess 1 , SpiritedWoman 1

character_record Sancha de_Bonaval, female, age 34, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Henrique de_Bonaval, male, age 70, dead 20, never_a_leader
    character_record Teresa de_Leon, female, age 70, dead 2, never_a_leader

relative Fernando de_Barros, Sancha de_Bonaval, end
    relative Henrique de_Bonaval, Teresa de_Leon, Urraca de_Bonaval, Sancha de_Bonaval, Afonso de_Bonaval, end

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It's not a bug, but it's not quite right either. The reason is: the initial sets of families were prepared for 1100 for the SS. Given that the SSHIP initial creators moved the date back to 1132, the family trees are outdated, only adjusted somehow. It's not easy to adjust it as an error in age differences causes crash, so one need to count it carefully.
    Urraca should give the Portugues blood though.
    I mean when you marry the Portuguese princess with the Castilian heir, normally the words "wife is Portuguese" and "wife is royalty" and things like that appear in the husband's traits. So none of this appeared to me, only that she had married.
    Maybe you can check it yourself Jurand at the beginning of the campaign.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I've been trying out this mod lately and having a blast! At first, I was scared by the mechanics that are added by SSHIP but they really add to the fun and depth of the game. This experience is really unparalleled.

But there's one issue I have not just with this mod: I'm using two screens and I would really love to use bordlerless window mode. Especially in battles, but also on the campaign map, when panning right the mouse moves to the said second screen. Thus, I am unable to properly use my mouse to navigate the campaign and battle map. In most other games I play there's an option in the video settings to lock the cursor to the game but given the age of Medieval II it doesn't surprise me that this option is missing.

I surely can't be the only person who uses a second/multiple screen(s). How do you guys deal with this issue?

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I'm glad to see that there are still players to enjoy this mod. We have been working, for several years for some, to make the experience the best possible, both for visual and usual historical improvements. And we are not going to stop there ! On my side, many units can still be reworked for even more immersion in the time of the golden age of the Middle Ages !
    Personally, I have no idea how to properly use 2 screens.

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

Hi there! I'm not sure is this relevant, but my Rum sultan cannot acquire in Constantinople his crown, even if I built the Jama, sultan has a trait "Fit for the crown" and I have more than 20k of money. Is this a bug or something?
    Last edited by Mikhail Stepanoff; April 11, 2023 at 12:26 AM. Reason: additional information
    Longus penis basis vitae est! (c) my teacher of latin in university

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Stepanoff View Post
    Hi there! I'm not sure is this relevant, but my Rum sultan cannot acquire in Constantinople his crown, even if I built the Jama, sultan has a trait "Fit for the crown" and I have more than 20k of money. Is this a bug or something?
    upload a save and I'll have a look

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

Many thanks to you, but there is no need for that. I've found the source of this problem. I've implemented in "campaign_script" 4 turns per year script by adding this at the end of the file:
    declare_counter season_counter

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    inc_counter season_counter 1

; 0 equals winter
    if I_CompareCounter season_counter == 0
    console_command season winter
    end_if
    if I_CompareCounter season_counter > 0
    console_command season summer
    end_if
    ; Reset the counter on the autumn turn so that it'll be 0 next turn
    if I_CompareCounter season_counter == 3
    set_counter season_counter -1
    end_if
    end_monitor

Also I've edited "descr_strat" by setting up timscale by 0.25. 4tpy script worked fine, generals started to become older much slower with this script, but this has broken crowning mechanics somehow. I've tested default version of SSHIP without 4tpy and crowning system worked great.
    Longus penis basis vitae est! (c) my teacher of latin in university

Had an odd bug in my Venice campaign. One of my settlements was taken by Serbia, killing a general (battle was auto-resolved). Next turn, a Serbian stack in that same province switched ownership to me. Came with a five command general! I really could have used it too as I was at war with Sicily, Serbia and the HRE. But alas, I wasn't going to exploit so disbanded and ordered the general to his death. Any ideas what could have caused that?

Quote Originally Posted by pengboon View Post
    Had an odd bug in my Venice campaign. One of my settlements was taken by Serbia, killing a general (battle was auto-resolved). Next turn, a Serbian stack in that same province switched ownership to me. Came with a five command general! I really could have used it too as I was at war with Sicily, Serbia and the HRE. But alas, I wasn't going to exploit so disbanded and ordered the general to his death. Any ideas what could have caused that?

Oh wait lmao, was this a loyalist army? I assumed it was somehow one of the AIs armies switching ownership because of the Slav troops and high tier general.

Quote Originally Posted by pengboon View Post
    Oh wait lmao, was this a loyalist army? I assumed it was somehow one of the AIs armies switching ownership because of the Slav troops and high tier general.
    which settlement?