Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

one other thing. when dowloading Stainless steel. I obviously download parts one and two. but do i have to download both 6.3 and 6.4 patch? or just the 6.4 patch?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Both, SS6.3 and SS6.4.
    SS6.3 is the main mod while SS6.4 is more like a patch actually

Regarding your issue, I don't know what file(s) you have modified. In any case, remember to back up your file(s).
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 26, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I have a CTD on a battle during my campaign. Curiously, it does not reproduce each time I replay this battle (saved) but intervenes once every other time.
    18:07:13.883 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 29060 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:13.883 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <g_stop> = 2
    18:07:13.883 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <label_unit> at line 29061 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:13.883 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <battle_wait> at line 29062 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:13.883 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer started 0.10 @ 658.5, line number 29062
    18:07:13.982 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 0.10 @ 658.6, line number 29062
    18:07:13.982 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <unit_order_halt> at line 29063 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:13.982 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29065 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:13.982 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <battle_wait> at line 29065 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:13.982 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer started 30.00 @ 658.6, line number 29065
    18:07:14.282 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer finished 0.50 @ 658.9, line number 13531
    18:07:14.282 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <ai_active_set> at line 13532 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:14.282 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 13533 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:07:14.282 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <apply_strategy> = 0
    18:07:15.166 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't know. The log doesn't help.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Hello there, don't know if this is the correct place to ask but i'm having crashes to desktop on end turn, system log only shows errors on traits and ancillaries, this happens on a bizantine M/M around 50-70 turns already, what do i need to do to receive help?

Blog Entries

First of all, welcome along these forums

Regarding your issue, can you give me more details?
    What era are you playing? Early or late?
    Are you using one of the mini-mods?
    Does the CTD occurs right at the end of your turn (when you click on "next turn") or during AI turn?
    If you have followed the link in the OP and have updated your config file, post your log here (zip file oe as a spoiler).

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    First of all, welcome along these forums

Regarding your issue, can you give me more details?
    What era are you playing? Early or late?
    Are you using one of the mini-mods?
    Does the CTD occurs right at the end of your turn (when you click on "next turn") or during AI turn?
    If you have followed the link in the OP and have updated your config file, post your log here (zip file oe as a spoiler).
    Thank you for the help, now onto the info, I'm playing early campaign, i installed sship following the description on the op thread of the release, the only minimod installed is sship tweaks using only the ia(begmun, skynet and quieter)the ctd occurs on IA turn, specifically whe a stack from reignum francae(france i believe) try to reinforce or battle a stack of england besieging a city.

PD. Added system.log with level = *script* trace
    Attached Files Attached Files

The CTD seems to be caused from a France general, every time this one attacks something my game crashes.. i tested the save game by deleting the triggers on traits and ancillaries but it keep crashing...

Blog Entries

Well, the problem is to find if the ctd is related to SSHIP or to the mini-mod tweaks. However, if you think that the ctd is caused by that french general, if you got his name, you should be able to move him to another area on the map with the console. That way, if he can not reach that english army, the ctd may not happen
    I just need to find out the relevant command with the console

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

show_cursorstat
    Get the coordinates you want to move him to, then:

move_character "John Smith" 100,100
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I'm not sure if the faction heir selection event/script is working as intended.
    I tried loading up a new campaign (as the Byzantines) to test it out and selected one of my family members as the next heir through the pop-up message that appears at the beginning of the campaign. The character I had selected did get the 'Heir Candidate' trait, but when I killed off the current heir by sending him into battle by himself the heir crown was passed on to his brother instead of the character I had selected. I tried repeating the process but the character I selected never became the heir despite having the trait.
    Am I somehow using the feature the wrong way or does it simply not work?

I did move it next to my best assassin and spy, then i noticed his stack had 3 generals/family member one of them had traits a bit weird (Right Hand of the King, Disloyal and Of Family of Traitors), after checking the traits of the 3 i decided to kill the one leading the stack, took me a couple times but after i got him the stack insta rebelled and is now waiting around the strat map (i don't know yet if i engage them will crash my game)...but i managed to advance in my campaign, anyways thanks for the help!.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ensyvtre View Post
    I'm not sure if the faction heir selection event/script is working as intended.
    I tried loading up a new campaign (as the Byzantines) to test it out and selected one of my family members as the next heir through the pop-up message that appears at the beginning of the campaign. The character I had selected did get the 'Heir Candidate' trait, but when I killed off the current heir by sending him into battle by himself the heir crown was passed on to his brother instead of the character I had selected. I tried repeating the process but the character I selected never became the heir despite having the trait.
    Am I somehow using the feature the wrong way or does it simply not work?
    It has been already reported but I haven't found the time yet to look at it. Thanks for reporting it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by HaruHaias View Post
    I did move it next to my best assassin and spy, then i noticed his stack had 3 generals/family member one of them had traits a bit weird (Right Hand of the King, Disloyal and Of Family of Traitors), after checking the traits of the 3 i decided to kill the one leading the stack, took me a couple times but after i got him the stack insta rebelled and is now waiting around the strat map (i don't know yet if i engage them will crash my game)...but i managed to advance in my campaign, anyways thanks for the help!.
    I'll see these traits. Glad it solves your problem somehow
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 05, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Again: This is by far one of the best mods I have ever played - and certainly one that is the most stable.

However, I have played three longer games now (Early / Byzantines 2x and Pisa) and around 1180 I start encountering two issues that kind of spoil it for me:

1) My royal family simply stops having kids - Literally none
    2) I can't build the big mining centers - it just never finishes construction
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Blog Entries

1. Nothing to do with SSHIP. It happens sometimes but don't know why.

2. Already reported

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    1) My royal family simply stops having kids - Literally none
    2) I can't build the big mining centers - it just never finishes construction
    I've discussed it here although there're other opinions as well.

Hi there, I've already mentioned the invisible weapon issue with Jinetes, now I've seen the same with Javelinmen while playing with Aragon. Just so you know! Cheers

Blog Entries

Noted. Thanks Matt.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I sometimes have unknown mistakes during battles that cause SSHIP to crash.
    Generally, when I restart the computer, I can replay the same battle without the error.

The system.log does not help me. I join it anyway in case one of you would interpret it and understand where the error comes from.system.log.rar

Blog Entries

Not sure it will help but won't cost much to try: can you send me/post here the log for the 4 or 5 next times this issue happens. Just to compare something
    Thanks.