Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Is there any peasant archers unit involved in that battle?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

https://imgur.com/a/SdBpIEE

Yes I think the issue is with the levy archers unit.

Blog Entries

Thanks for confirming. That's a known bug. I'm on it already
    Btw, welcome among these forums
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Page 109, post # 2174 You can see a video detailing the timing of the bugs. In my sub-mod of SSHIP, I did not find any other solution than to change the models. It seems that all models of archers made by Sandy (sandy units) associated with their specific animation cause this type of bug.

Okay I will give your sub mod a go.

My good sirs, there are some crashes during custom battle:

15:44:46.105 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP-v0.9.5/data/menu/battlefield_pics/sea_of_grass.tga
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/menu/battlefield_pics/sea_of_grass.tga,,not found
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/menu/battlefield_pics/sea_of_grass.tga,,not found
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/menu/battlefield_pics/sea_of_grass.tga,161849
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [info] open: found data/menu/battlefield_pics/sea_of_grass.tga (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/menu/battlefield_pics/sea_of_grass.tga,,,-161849
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP-v0.9.5/data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga,,not found
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga,,not found
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga,161849
    15:44:46.105 [system.io] [info] open: found data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga,,,-161849
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP-v0.9.5/data/menu/battlefield_pics/palm_beach.tga
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/menu/battlefield_pics/palm_beach.tga,,not found
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/menu/battlefield_pics/palm_beach.tga,,not found
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/menu/battlefield_pics/palm_beach.tga,161849
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [info] open: found data/menu/battlefield_pics/palm_beach.tga (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/menu/battlefield_pics/palm_beach.tga,,,-161849
    15:44:46.106 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP-v0.9.5/data/menu/battlefield_pics/lombardy.tga

Attaching a trace-level log file. CTD between browsing `Custom Battles` and `High and Late Campaign` options.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

That's an old known bug from Stainless Steel if I remember correctly and it has not be solved as far as I know. If you play a custom battle and then want to play a campaign, you need to exit the game and start it again.

Okies, thanks :> `Known Bugs` Category

Last question, How do you setup your SS6.4 before installing SSHIP? Do you do the ff? 1.) Install Meloo's 1.27 compilation fixes, 2.) Install G5 Settlement Fixes?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

The Meloo's compilation had not been included in the SSHIP at the beginning and is not compatible. I don't know about G5.
    For the campaign, I'd be very wary of starting the other era than Early in the SSHIP.

I'm playing 0.9.5 and I'm not sure that new Select heir option is working like it supposed to. I selected a guy i wanted to be next heir, but after my current heir died in battle, different family member became heir (not the one that I selected) and I got a pop up again asking if I would like to select next heir. So i did, I chose the same guy like before and killed current heir. Again, the same thing happend, different family member became a heir. So I had to kill this guy too and only then the game made my original guy a heir. Weird. Also I'm almost 90 turns in to the game and I haven't gotten a single usurper/civil war event, while I've seen it pop up for probably every other ai faction. sorry for bad English!

Okay thanks, I will consider this.

Blog Entries

That's something I need to mention in the list of changes. If you use the next heir feature, then the usurper feature doesn't work anymore. If you want it back, refuse twice to select the heir and the game sould be like in v0.9.2.

For the select heir feature, I'm sure how it is supposed to work as I've never used it tbh. But it might be intended that way. Anyone to confirm or deny?

Edit: I don't think that G5 settlement fix is compatible with SSHIP.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 06, 2019 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammcc View Post
    Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

https://imgur.com/gtKx6y3

https://imgur.com/ndIW8xb

These massive 2D textures pop up every time I engage in battle on the battle map. I think it is textures of dead troops?

The texture can disapear when I rotate the camera to specific angles.

Are you using a mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That's something I need to mention in the list of changes. If you use the next heir feature, then the usurper feature doesn't work anymore. If you want it back, refuse twice to select the heir and the game sould be like in v0.9.2.

For the select heir feature, I'm sure how it is supposed to work as I've never used it tbh. But it might be intended that way. Anyone to confirm or deny? (Selecting the heir option doesn't work as it suppose to be)
    Edit: I don't think that G5 settlement fix is compatible with SSHIP.

Originally Posted by sammcc
    Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

https://imgur.com/gtKx6y3

https://imgur.com/ndIW8xb

These massive 2D textures pop up every time I engage in battle on the battle map. I think it is textures of dead troops?

The texture can disapear when I rotate the camera to specific angles.

Are you using a mac?

This bug has nothing to do with a mac or a PC, it appears when the peasant archers, the militia of the archers, or the big archers meet swordsmen !
    All these archers are models that are found in the folder "sandy_units" and which have an improved animation compared to the archers of the vanilla version, but unfortunately, produce this bug that makes the screen unreadable.

Hi there. My jinetes are smashing the enemy with invsible weapons. Is there a fix for this?

Blog Entries

I'll check that. Thanks for pointing this

Quote Originally Posted by MattMZ View Post
    Hi there. My jinetes are smashing the enemy with invsible weapons. Is there a fix for this?
    I corrected this with my sub-mod KCC. The problem is that I have not yet posted my version for SSHIP 0.9.5 ... If you know how to integrate / replace one unit by another, you can do it manually from my files or wait for me to leave my KCC version 0.9.3.