Page 4 of 303 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post

Neutral faction armies not at war with you are ambushing your armies? Or do you mean rebels?
    not rebels, other kingdoms. if i travel in their territory in forest area, and they have some units in ambush there, they always choose to attack me, even if i'm neutral with them and on a crusade and have a lot bigger army.

about the other crusader armies not helping you when you attack a crusader target is a little bit normal if you are not allied with them and i think in history it happend a lot when france crusader army let english crusader army down and the other way around,manny betray was gowing on there lol you maybe can say that only the first crusade was a crusade fighted side by side by each crusader army.
    çi can be wrong here lol)even i thought i read about this manny times.

Are Citadels suppose to look like large cities? Thanks for the great mod! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Citadel.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	891.2 KB 
ID:	308954

In post #63, the citadel is suppose to be Ghent. Sorry for any confusion.

Also Merc. Frankish Knights are missing their body textures. Again, thanks for this great mod. It is very fun to play. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merc_Frankish_Knights.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	308955

Thanks for the bug report GrafEdwin. Nope, citadels are not supposed to look like this. They will be fixed in the new version, aswell as frankish knights.

I have a technical questions, do you guys use SSD's? if so, how much does it help reduce loading times? as they are quite long with a normal 7200rpm hdd.

By loading times i meant turn times.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrafEdwin View Post
    Are Citadels suppose to look like large cities? Thanks for the great mod! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Citadel.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	891.2 KB 
ID:	308954
    This is actually strange. I've just made a quick game, just to see some changes I'm making for the next release, and in my game Ghent looks like a citadel and not like a large city.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by werstin View Post
    By loading times i meant turn times.
    In my game using a SSD, the first turn on a singleplayer campaign takes about 25 seconds I think, perhaps less. Multiplayer turns take more time.

Going on the turn times increase to about a minute I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    This is actually strange. I've just made a quick game, just to see some changes I'm making for the next release, and in my game Ghent looks like a citadel and not like a large city.
    I was looking around in the files and noticed that the hre has its own folder under data\models_strat\residences\faction_variants. My hre folder was missing the cas file for the citadel and huge city. I copied the generic northern_european cas files in there for the citadel and huge city and I now have a citadel on the strat map. I don't know if this helps or will cause any problems down the road. My modding skills are rather poor.

Blog Entries

It should be fine. However, I remember MWY mentioning that it seems that the game can't handle too many models. It might be interesting to see how the citadels for other factions look in your game by using the "toggle_fow" command.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by GrafEdwin View Post
    I was looking around in the files and noticed that the hre has its own folder under data\models_strat\residences\faction_variants. My hre folder was missing the cas file for the citadel and huge city. I copied the generic northern_european cas files in there for the citadel and huge city and I now have a citadel on the strat map. I don't know if this helps or will cause any problems down the road. My modding skills are rather poor.
    That's exactly what I did aswell. I previously made special northern european cities and castles for the hre, but had to cut some of them due to the reasons lifth mentioned. I didn't know the game would show a large city instead of a citadel when I simply cut the model from the faction_variants folder.

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Silver Ducal Cavalry, but only one man
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
    - Benjamin Franclin (1706-1790)
    "The best fortress which a prince can possess is the affection of his people."
    -
    Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527)
    "A Nation That Does Not Respect His Past, Does Not Deserve Respect Of The Present And Has No Right To The Future."
    -Józef Piłsudski (1867-1935)

Blog Entries

That must be the captain. I'll check it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    15:15:38.556 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10576, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    15:15:38.556 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10577, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    15:15:38.556 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10578, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.556 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10579, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.556 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10580, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10581, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10582, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10583, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10584, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10585, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10586, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10603, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10604, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10605, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10606, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10607, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 10608, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 10610, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit9'.
    15:15:38.557 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 10610, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit10'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit11'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit12'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit13'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit14'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit15'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit16'.
    15:15:38.558 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 10610, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit17'.
    15:15:38.558 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 10610, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit18'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit19'.
    15:15:38.558 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 10611, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit33'.
    15:15:38.558 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 10611, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit34'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit35'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit36'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit38'.
    15:17:49.322 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have windows 7 and I have disabled UAC. I am not using steam version.
    I CTD during this one specific battle where I have reinforcments from two other generals.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, this bug seems to be caused by the bad AI feature included in the original SS6.4 script. MWY is on it. However, the only solution I see for now is to "auto resolve" the battle or to load a preview save and remove the reinforcement.

Hi,

I am getting frequent CTD with this sub mod, I like this sub mod but having too many CTD's randomly is very annoying.

I am playing with Zengi's, since turn 90 Jihad and Crusade has been started and never finishing.

First CTD happened at Turn 107 then I reloaded save game from Turn 100 and it went fine till 2nd CTD happened at Turn 112 (William Wallace) arrived at Scotland.

I again reloaded from Turn 108 and it went fine till 127 Turn. Now again game is crashing at Byzantine Turn.

I like this sub-mod but am unsure whether to continue playing (too many CTD's) with any other faction or starting play 6.4 Vanilla...

Log file is showing only:

23:26:14.211 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:26:14.211 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    23:26:14.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:26:14.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:26:14.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:26:14.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:26:14.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:26:14.211 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:34:30.335 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Using-
    Windows 8.1
    MTW 2 - Kingdoms (Non Steam) with SS6.4
    SSHIP latest Release

Blog Entries

Actually, you'"re the 1st one reporting many CTD's.
    Regarding crusades or jihad, that's not due to SSHIP. Not sure we can do something about it.
    Regarding William Wallace, it might be due to the location where he appears. By using the "toggle_fow" command to remaove the fog of war and enabling the AI movement in your game menu, you should be able to see what it's going wrong. Same remark regarding the Byzantines.

Hi,

Thanks for response, just to let us know that your mod is super!, i found it one of best sub-mod for SS.

I like many features and found variety of factions but missing Sultanate of Omanate, Ghaznavids, Ghauri, Rajput factions.

I removed FOW and found CTD is happening while Byzatines General is moving towards settlement (this seems to be weird of having CTD here):

Also Seljuk of Rum faction units needs improvements and variety (they are copy/paste of others).

Blog Entries

We're working on the units rosters, especially the Muslim ones. Up to now, Rûm had a copy of the Seljuk roster. Regarding the other factions you mentioned, we have reached the maximum number and can't add anymore.

Regarding your problem, it might be due to the character itself as I can't see anything able to block him and to cause a CTD. Any info about his name and/or rank?

Btw, is that you in UK?