Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    "bugged localization name (priest)" - needs an entry in expanded.txt corresponding to the level in descr_characters:

{EMT_faction_PRIEST_level}Your text here
    It seem everything was all right...

{EMT_LITHUANIA_PRIEST} Lithuanian Shaman
    {EMT_LITHUANIA_PRIEST_1} Lithuanian Shaman
    {EMT_LITHUANIA_PRIEST_2} Lithuanian High Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalophore View Post
    also, thank you for amending my France save. I tried to use this patch, perhaps I accidentally replaced the wrong file? I replaced the one within data/campaign/translation/english...
    it is still crashing for me.
    in the data/text folder, and then delete the related .bin file from that folder.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Cephalophore - I was able to run the French game past turn 92 - see pic, it's from 93 (and it goes further as well).
    Given that the first event on that turn was the Teutonic Order emerges, it seems to me you haven't applied this patch.

On the other hand, the Novogrodian is not possible to run. You've save it after the end of the turn, so I even cannot take off the fog :-(
    @ Jurand of Cracow : Is the patch you are talking about (historic_events_TEUTONIC_FIX) included in the patch on the download page ? Otherwise it is likely that I have not yet installed it on my version.

Having a CTD during the Papal State turn, on turn 72.

Windows 7, steam, playing 0.96 with the 2020/22/01 patch. No submods.

System Log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:30:51.676 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    17:30:51.677 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:30:51.677 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    17:30:51.677 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:30:51.677 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    17:30:51.678 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:30:51.678 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    17:30:51.678 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    17:30:51.689 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    17:30:51.690 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    17:30:51.690 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    17:30:51.690 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    17:30:51.691 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:30:51.691 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    17:30:51.691 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    17:30:51.691 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:30:51.691 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    17:30:51.691 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    17:30:51.695 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    17:30:51.695 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    17:30:51.695 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga

Hi Jurand, here's the save... I applied your patch but it didn't change anything.

This is a new campaign (both with the French) I started a couple of days ago... and again stuck at turn 72.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @ Jurand of Cracow : Is the patch you are talking about (historic_events_TEUTONIC_FIX) included in the patch on the download page ? Otherwise it is likely that I have not yet installed it on my version.
    Does it means that you haven't installed the latest one kostic? If it's the case, please confirm as it will be very helpful for us to figure it out
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

yes, Imeant that patch.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I installed the latest version with the patch dated January 19 which is on the download page. He says he has accumulated all the patches, but it seemed to me that the one Jurand of Cracow was talking about was more recent.
    With my current campaign, I'm only on turn 16 (1139). I haven't had a CTD yet ...

I installed the latest version with the patch dated January 19 which is on the download page. He says he has accumulated all the patches, but it seemed to me that the one Jurand of Cracow was talking about was more recent.
    With my current campaign, I'm only on turn 16 (1139). I haven't had a CTD yet ...
    You may apply that lastest, one-file patch, and play on. It's save compatible. Otherwise you'll encounter a CTD once the Teutonic Order spawns.

Besides, please report what you see, what you like etc. It always helps to spot the issues. And if you'd think about better pics (eg. for the buildings, or just for the units in the unit info panes) (but staying in the SSHIP type), with your graphical skills you may help us as well :-)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 26, 2020 at 04:57 AM.

I should add,I was having a lot of fun before it crashed at turn 72. Very well balanced (while realistic) factions and AI meant that almost no faction had already gorged up entire regions, as it used to happen before - something that forced me to intervene in far flung places very often. Love the way the rebels act now, many regions remain unconquered for long periods of time; they're tougher and more aggressive. Love all the other features as well...

I would try a clean install if I had access to ss 6.3, which doesn't seem to be available (or at least I'm having a hard time trying to find a valid download link).
    I really suck at scripting/editing (don't even know if it's called like that), but clearly there's an event that goes down at turn 72 that makes the game crash. Two entirely different campaings with the French and the same outcome -not a coincidence.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

started twice a novgorod campaign and both times it crashed at turn 72-75 on polands or hre turn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMZ View Post
    I would try a clean install
    I'll post a fresh patch today.

The Administrative education will be heavily modifies, hopefully the CTDs will disappear due to other modifications.

-----

Administrative Education.

Administrative Education provides generals with exceptionally valuable skills for squeezing out money from the provinces and for keeping order in the settlements. It has four levels: Basic, Standard, Advanced, Master. Each religion has own names and different set of benefits attached to each level. Education can be acquired by teenagers studying in the cities with educational buildings. Especially gifted generals, the Scholars, can study longer and achieve the highest levels of education. Some education can be acquired also thanks to the on-the-job experience during their life, if they’re intelligent.

Any young general spending a whole turn in a city with school or university, and possibly with a library, can get the Administrative Education. Administratively Minded teenagers will be trained very efficiently, while the Military oriented ones may get only basic administrative levels. If a settlement has only a school, the Schooled trait is the most that can be achieved. For further studies a University is needed – if there’s non, the general has completed his education and is ready for service.

The Intelligent teenagers are likely to learn fast, while the Ignorant ones are likely to lose their ignorance while studying. Slothfulness or insanity may impede the process, while father’s traits and a few ancillaries (like Tutor or Mentor or a book) may speed it up.

During his life any general can learn things or two from the other sources – reading a book or managing a settlement with a guild or educational facilities. The main condition is that he’s got some intelligence, some other traits count as well. The Scholars will learn as adults as if they’re teenagers – until they attain the highest level of education. So keep them in a settlement with a university even if they passed 20. On the other hand, after a general passes 50 (for a scholars: 60), he’s likely to slowly forget his training due to the old age and ensuing senility.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Its the Teutonic knights chapter house's! As I posted before. I clean installed 4 times. I get to the turns 55 thur 100 as many different kingdoms always crashes with HRE, Venice, or Sicily.

Laetus

started twice a novgorod campaign and both times it crashed at turn 72-75 on polands or hre turn
    I have the same thing, novgorod campaign crash on hre turn at turn 66.

The log doesn't help very much.

system.log.txtsystem.log.txt

With all my fixes, I also get a CTD (slave turn 72). At the moment I don't think the SSHIP is playable.

15:10:17.790 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <disaster> fired
    15:10:18.602 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

15:21:41.645 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <disaster> fired
    15:21:42.291 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 27, 2020 at 08:51 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah , crashing too at 72 , brings back a deja-vu from a month ago when it crashed on turn 64 , most likely another script conflict. Suppose is on your shoulders again to be fixed JoC , we can only wait

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

JoC and I are trying to find out. We're doing our best to solve that issue quickly.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Guys, I've found the source of the crash and uploaded a version of the patch solving this error. Just download the patch and apply it (but run del.bat!). It should be save-compatible (if you've used the patch from 26.01.20 before). At least I was able to go past turn 72 - what was not possible before.

It's for you: @Nemesis, @rflo93
    , @
    general1959
    , @
    Fishmalk
    , @
    Cephalophore
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 27, 2020 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks, Jurand. Game/life saver.
    I did proofread your post, not sure if you saw. Would be rude for me not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Guys, I've found the source of the crash and uploaded a version of the patch solving this error. Just download the patch and apply it (but run del.bat!). It should be save-compatible (if you've used the patch from 26.01.20 before). At least I was able to go past turn 72 - what was not possible before.

It's for you: @Nemesis, @rflo93
    , @
    general1959
    , @
    Fishmalk
    , @
    Cephalophore
    Thanks, I was able to get past turn 72 without issue. Haven't played any further than that yet.