Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Antonius, can you upload your save somewhere like on Google Drive or Mega.co.nz and post the download link here?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVm...ew?usp=sharing

Does this work?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Yes it does. Thanks.

Edit: I've tried your save and I didn't encountered any ctd
    Have you tried to carry on with your game again?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 21, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

@ murats987, I'll check that. It might not be a bug as some units are supposed to become unavailable when becoming "obsolete".
    JoC said me yes thats a bug. I tried with Fatimids, I can recruit them at the Royal Barracks.

When I'm playing Rum, I can't kill this guy

Hi.
    I play on win 10 and using steam version.

I dont think that selecting next heir doesnt work. Or then it is removed and i have missed post about it.
    Last edited by 2-5-Korbe; December 24, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

They tried to tame you
    Looks like they'll try again

Blog Entries

Yes, you miss the fact that it has been removed
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by murats987 View Post
    JoC said me yes thats a bug. I tried with Fatimids, I can recruit them at the Royal Barracks.

When I'm playing Rum, I can't kill this guy
    Turkish barracks: Lifth may be right.
    1. units usually become obsolete because of passing of time (to reflect new technologies), not upgrading buildings.
    2. only slightly different is when you can recruit more better version of similar units from the castles while the older versions from the cities.
    3. I thought it shouldn't happen in case of upgrading a building but in this case you've presented is seems that better units (musketeers appear) bump out older units (spearmen). it seems right to me.

Alexios - interesting. What does it mean? Is he immortal in the battles or he reappears like Attila in the ATW?
    102 men - what kind of bodyguards does he have in battles?

There are 102 scoutatoi on the battlefield. No bodyguard and he can die. I looked at the desc_strat file. I added that code to Alexious Vryennios, it looks normal now

Quick question for anyone that can help. Got everything working but was curious if i could use the next heir mod with the new version of sship?

Civis

Has anyone found work around how to play On higher resolution without a crash bigger battles 1 stack or more troops at once ? I tried lowering to 2560x1440 from 3840x2160 but that didn't help. I'm playing Steam version, also beeng looking for GOG version but none of them exists.

@JOC @Lifthrasir if you remember my case, then I Encounter problems with Battles when they become too big, in both, in RR RC2.0 or SSHIP 0.96. The solution to lower Resolution is not viable this time because the graphics turn into blurry eyes hurting scene that way I can't enjoy the game.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

8 times the original resolution is bound to crash. The game simply isn't designed to handle that and it doesn't matter what your processor or GPU can handle. 1920*1080 is the largest it can handle comfortably at highest setting if I am not mistaken (that's how I play it).

A disk version will have exactly the same problem.

I think i found the reason for all the crashes. After playing numerous factions I found that almost all of the crashes were from the HRE and the Venetians. I it is when the two faction built a Teutonic Knights chapter house. I used cheat to verify this by hitting process_cq for the city of the faction it crashed on. I did this many times with the same result as soon as the Teutonic Knights chapter house was constructed crash every time. "Boom" I did play a game as the Pope and after I took Palermo an option to build a Teutonic Knights chapter house was there and I attempted it and BOOM on turn three after I started it crash! Every one go to your last save before the crash and test it out!

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot for the info. We'll look at it

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by general1959 View Post
    I think i found the reason for all the crashes. After playing numerous factions I found that almost all of the crashes were from the HRE and the Venetians. I it is when the two faction built a Teutonic Knights chapter house. I used cheat to verify this by hitting process_cq for the city of the faction it crashed on. I did this many times with the same result as soon as the Teutonic Knights chapter house was constructed crash every time. "Boom" I did play a game as the Pope and after I took Palermo an option to build a Teutonic Knights chapter house was there and I attempted it and BOOM on turn three after I started it crash! Every one go to your last save before the crash and test it out!
    Hmm...i am at turn 250 with HRE and i built Teutonic Houses everywhere and it didnt crash , i think this is only on your part, maybe a bad install or a conflict somewhere. If you cant fix it, i suggest a full reinstall of both m2tw and the mods.

Yes it does. Thanks.

Edit: I've tried your save and I didn't encountered any ctd
    Have you tried to carry on with your game again?
    My mistake - the save I sent you was from the turn before. So you'd have to play/pass two turns to get to the constant CTD.
    Can you check that out or shall I upload a new save?
    ~Alfred Adler

Hey, love the mode. Encountering a CTD from campaign from turn 125.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Civis

AI Emergent faction sicily in debt. Stuck, cannot move, leave capital with one unit. It has to do something with the AI debt issue. Also, it's rather difficult place for AI to handle the island.

In late campaigne there are only three facions to choose from is this a bug or did i not install the mod correctly.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by cloud700 View Post
    In late campaigne there are only three facions to choose from is this a bug or did i not install the mod correctly.
    It's not supposed to work with 0.96 as it was not updated, previously told by Lifthrasir.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    It's not supposed to work with 0.96 as it was not updated, previously told by Lifthrasir.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    My mistake - the save I sent you was from the turn before. So you'd have to play/pass two turns to get to the constant CTD.
    Can you check that out or shall I upload a new save?

Any chance you had the chance to check this out?
    ~Alfred Adler