Page 37 of 171 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287137 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Are we talking about Ribe in Denmark? It's supposed to flat out there, no mountains at all

More seriously, we're working on a patch which should fix some issues.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

yes the rebel settlement of ribe, it has a big bug in battle map
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Are we talking about Ribe in Denmark? It's supposed to flat out there, no mountains at all

More seriously, we're working on a patch which should fix some issues.
    First of all: Excellent mod!

Having said that, I had the same issue. It's as if the models for the flat settlement are placed over hilly terrain. Saw this in Lithuania. Didn't have this issue in the previous version, but I agree that it should be flat, with villages as well. It should be an easy fix?

Another thing: Hunters don't hold their bows in their hands, they're set a bit back.

Oh and I switched back the accents, didn't dig the cry "glory for England" before going into a fight near Kernave.

No it's specific models for those settlements. We had them quite a long time if I'm correct. The issues with them are already fixed, uploads will come soon.

Yep, you might need to apply the soundfix again in one way or another.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Just a quick update. I suffered two CTDs during a battle near Damascus. The first one happened a couple of minutes into the battle, as I was moving into position. I re-loaded and tried to fight the same battle again. The second time, the CTD happened after I had just narrowly won, it was an extremely close battle. I completed the battle, and just as I returned to the campaign map, the animation was playing of my general capturing the city, about to show the 'occupy, sack or exterminate' screen... but before I could get there it CTD.

I banged my head into my keyboard. After all that effort, after such an epic battle which was sooooooo close and I finally won and safely got back to the campaign map and BAM - a CTD. Of course the game hadn't saved, and when I re-loaded I had lost everything. I had to go back and do the whole thing all over again. DAMN does not even begin to describe how frustrating that was.

Before this, I had played several battles, no CTD.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; January 20, 2016 at 05:47 PM.

Good day all!

I MAY have encountered a Bug, only a small one - but it does annoy me.

Early campaign Byzantine Campaign, 15 turns in.
    I cannot recruit Varangians, nor Scholarii, nor Spartharii (?)
    Though I have all required Buildings - I can, however, recruit SAXON HUSCARLS at my Mayors Palace.

Anyone know how I may change that or where the problem might be?

I am aware of the fact that I might be missing something here, but please clarify

Thank you, Mod-Team, for this amazing Submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Good day all!

I MAY have encountered a Bug, only a small one - but it does annoy me.

Early campaign Byzantine Campaign, 15 turns in.
    I cannot recruit Varangians, nor Scholarii, nor Spartharii (?)
    Though I have all required Buildings - I can, however, recruit SAXON HUSCARLS at my Mayors Palace.

Anyone know how I may change that or where the problem might be?

I am aware of the fact that I might be missing something here, but please clarify

Thank you, Mod-Team, for this amazing Submod.
    I'm pretty sure you have to wait for an event to train those units.
    If I remember correctly you'll need the heavy mail event (1200-1215) to train Varangians
    and the Fourth Lateran Council (1216) for Scholarii.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Still get them CTDs right before every big battle. However, the smaller ones seem to work out fine:/
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Aha!

Thank you very much, my good Sir!

Are the Saxons representative of Nordic Mercenaries in Byzantium then? Why can I recruit them at the Mayors Palace?

Also, what about the Spartharii?

Sorry for all those Questions and the annoying Order in which they were formulated.

I cannot help it.

Aha!

Thank you very much, my good Sir!

Are the Saxons representative of Nordic Mercenaries in Byzantium then? Why can I recruit them at the Mayors Palace?

Also, what about the Spartharii?

Sorry for all those Questions and the annoying Order in which they were formulated.

I cannot help it.
    Note: to the question about the Spartharii and to any other questions about the Byzantines you can find some decent answers here: http://www.pressdat.com/mtw2/Byzantium/Byzantium.html
    It's not up to date to SSHIP since it was for the original SS, but you may find something useful there.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Not on the team or even a modder, but almost certainly. I'm not sure why the Varangians aren't recruitable earlier on than they are, but from the Norman Conquest onwards many Anglo-Saxon warriors left for the Empire to serve as mercenaries with the Empire in general and in particular with the palace guard; in fact, so many of them joined the Varangians that the unit came to be referred to as the Anglo-Varangians and was apparently permitted to give its ceremonial acclamations to the emperor in English.

Blog Entries

IMPORTANT NOTE: Just remember these 2 things when you post here:

- Post your log modified as specified in the 1st post to get as many details as possible. Overwise, it will complicated, to not say impossible, to fix these CTD's.

- If it's releating to models issues (units, settlements, textures, animations, etc...), please specify the name of the unit and if possible post a screenshot in spoiler. That will save us a lot of time.

- As there are 2 campaigns now (Early and High), please specify which one you're playing.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

Is their a solution for CTD on every battle? Seems to do it on both campaigns for me, everything else works absolutely beautifully

Blog Entries

Go to your SSHIP "data" folder , look after the descr_geography_new.txt file and delete it.
    The installations intructions have been updated with it last evening. Also, MWY mentioned it on the previous page (post #710).

- Results published

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Go to your SSHIP "data" folder , look after the descr_geography_new.txt file and delete it.
    The installations intructions have been updated with it last evening. Also, MWY mentioned it on the previous page (post #710).
    Thank you very much!

Blog Entries

No need to thank me. Thank MWY who found out

Edit: a patch fixing some of the issues should be released later today. Stay tunned.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 21, 2016 at 03:09 AM.

- Results published

We'll so far I've had no battle ctds but I've noticed Abbasaids faction has European music on campaign map.

Blog Entries

Have you deleted the relevant sound files as mentioned in the installation instructions?

- Results published

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit34'.06:16:02.717 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 85, in mods/SS6.3/data/scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit35'.
    06:16:02.717 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 85, in mods/SS6.3/data/scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit36'.
    06:16:02.717 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 85, in mods/SS6.3/data/scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    06:16:02.718 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 85, in mods/SS6.3/data/scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit38'.
    06:18:26.607 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

CTD in battle Byzantines vs rebels near Thessalonike, 1250 AD

Blog Entries

That's an old bug supposed to be fixed a while ago. I let MWY to answer as he's more qualified than me for Script stuff

- Results published