Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

You've done the right thing, thanks!

Now it'd better if you make an AAR from your game so that everybody can see how the 097 plays

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You've done the right thing, thanks!

Now it'd better if you make an AAR from your game so that everybody can see how the 097 plays
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is an AAR?

Nevermind judt realised that AAR is after action report. how detailed does it have to be?

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Minerva-5799 View Post
    Nevermind judt realised that AAR is after action report. how detailed does it have to be?
    As detailed as you fancy
    Just have a look at the other AARs and pick your way.

A little bug in my georgian campaign, georgian troops(all units) dont have voices when you click them
    Also the unit of turcopole archers have only 1 point of armour but their unit model have lamellar armour and face helmets...the stats do not correspond to the unit model
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    A little bug in my georgian campaign, georgian troops(all units) dont have voices when you click them
    Also the unit of turcopole archers have only 1 point of armour but their unit model have lamellar armour and face helmets...the stats do not correspond to the unit model
    Hi j.a.!
    Thanks for the info on the Turkopoles, this will be fixed in the patch.

I've uploaded the JLPM sound fix. Does it work now?

Hi j.a.!
    Thanks for the info on the Turkopoles, this will be fixed in the patch.

I've uploaded the JLPM sound fix. Does it work now?
    Yes Jurand, also with the JLPM soundfix, in my spanish version all characters and agents have correct voices but cumans agents have english voices...

In my georgian campaign i noticed the following issues:

-Armenian troops(except infantry azabs), Alans troops(aldari units) and georgian troops dont have voices in the battle map

-I see 3 Antipopes( one French and two germans) in the campaign map in the turn number 4 ( year 1134), also i see 3 byzantine Patriarch (furthemore of Echumenical Patriarch), the rest of Imans and Pagans priest are correct(there is no Great Iman at the beginning of the game)

If I continue to find something else I will report back to you, thanks for your work!

*EDIT: Also i noticed that all lithuanian troops dont have voices and woodsmen unit (spanish version)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; October 24, 2020 at 08:39 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand with the new patch( 25 October) the new gameplays begin with error in the minimap (the hidden strip that corresponded to America in medieval 2 vanilla, error appears written in red letters)Also the opening credits of the game (collaborators, developers ...) or the pop-outs windows that appeared explaining the functions of the new version do not appear ...

I just downloaded and overwritten it in my Data folder...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Jurand with the new patch( 25 October) the new gameplays begin with error in the minimap
    That means that there is a fatal error in the script, preventing it from running, hence no messages etc. I'll give it a shot and will see that I can provide a working script asap.

Edit: seems I have been remiss to point out that I_IsFactionAIControlled and I_LocalFaction requires a faction to be defined.

-1- corrected spelling: end_monitorr
    -2- Several issues with invalid FactionReligion check in an IF loop that I have split into two monitors, example:
    Code:
        monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Twangste

if FactionReligion catholic
                change_settlement_name Twangste Kunigsberg
                historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE  { hre, norway, denmark, poland, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia}
            end_if

if FactionReligion pagan 
                change_settlement_name Twangste Twangste
            end_if

end_monitor
    -3- use of I_IsFactionAIControlled without the required faction definition. I have removed the invalid IF sections and created a new, terminating monitor for the event message, seeing that it is used multiple times in other settlement monitors, example:
    Code:
    ; --- original ---
        monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Kolyvan
            and FactionReligion catholic

change_settlement_name Kolyvan Reval

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled 
                historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE
            end_if

end_monitor

; --- new ---

end_if

end_monitor

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement FactionIsLocal
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    - 4 - Invalid use of FactionType within a IF section. I have added my standard FactionTurn script section to the top of the script and have replaced these invalid conditions with the corresponding faction_turn_[Faction name] event counter. Sample of Faction Turn Script:
    Code:
        ; === Faction Logs and Counters ===
        ; --- byzantium ---
        monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType byzantium
            set_event_counter faction_turn_byzantium 1    ; faction has started their turn
            log always Turn Start byzantium                ; log entry for bughunting
        end_monitor
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType byzantium
            set_event_counter faction_turn_byzantium 0    ; faction has ended their turn
            log always Turn End byzantium                ; log entry for bughunting
        end_monitor
    Edit2: it wasn't until halfway through that I recalled the is_the_player event counter, I later used it instead of the undefined I_IsFactionAIControlled condition.

I have removed trailing spaces as well as formatted the file's layout with Squid's script checker. When testing other then two 'heir not listed' errors I got this 'missing decalaration' issue which is fixed now as well
    Script execution error for <set_counter>, at line 27863, in campaign_script.txt:
    Counter weak_leader_becomes_king_info doesn't exist

See next post for download and installation of the fix
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 25, 2020 at 02:00 AM.

I'm running into an unavoidable CTD at the end of the turn. I attached both the system log and the save. It seems to be a script error that is something about Counter prague_occupied doesn't exist.
    ctd.zip

Blog Entries

Simple steps to install the fix:

1. download the fix (20201025-SSHIP.zip) here
    2. right click any of the two Stainless Steel desktop shortcuts and choose 'open file location'
    3. place the downloaded file into that directory
    4. right click the downloaded file and choose '[your extract app]\extract here'
    5. allow overwriting
    6. remove\delete downloaded file

NOT save game compatible
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 25, 2020 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks a lot @Gig, you're really saving us from troubles.

A few questions to your changes:

ad. 2: I've actually made this tweak on purpose: to lower the number of monitors. It's a marginal issue, but why it cannot be one monitor: "if ... catholic" -> it fires for the catholic faction, but doesn't for the other, goes on and meets another loop "if ... pagan"
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------  TWANGSTE

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Twangste

if FactionReligion catholic
                change_settlement_name Twangste Kunigsberg
                historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE  { hre, norway, denmark, poland, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia}
            end_if

if FactionReligion pagan 
                change_settlement_name Twangste Twangste
            end_if

end_monitor
    ad. 3 - "historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE" is used multiple times in the game (I think it's ok?) so it shouldn't be terminated. What's actually wrong with the code: it should fire when there's a capture of the settlement but the message should show up only it it's the player's turn?

Code:

end_if

end_monitor
    ad. 4 - yes, indeed "is_the_player " provides what you've made in the new ";------- Faction Counters" section. Should we keep that new section and have double counters telling the same or should be deleted?

BTW, @Gig, do you know which file should I edit to change the message in this window?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 25, 2020 at 03:52 AM.

Blog Entries

2. 'If' sections only work correctly with conditions that start with I_, like I_SettlementUnderSiege - basically conditions that do not need trigger requirements, eg do not depend on the export of the event.

3. The same generic message will fire about 15-20 times throughout the game (more if those settlements change hand) when a settlement is captured. Over time it's about as annoying as the 'new king' custom event.
    In this case 'I_IsFactionAIControlled' requires that a faction be listed, which means the execution will fail. Here you can use the later discussed event counter 'is_the_player' instead if you really want that annoyance factor:
    Code:
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled [missing faction name]
    if I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1
    4. 'is_the_player' provides an event counter for use instead of 'FactionIsLocal' in IF sections - the faction counters I made provide event counter instead of the 'FactionType' entry. Example:
    Code:
    monitor_event whatever
         if I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1                  ; it's the player's turn
              and I_EventCounter faction_turn_england = 1     ; it's england's turn
              do stuff
         end_if
         if not I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1              ; it's the AI's turn (or use the corresponding AI event counter)
              and I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium = 1   ; it's byzantium's turn
              do stuff
         end_if
    end_monitor
    Never mind that it provides log entries to assist in bug hunting....

5. Your prince stuff is in text\event_title and event_strings, the latter can be defined for cultures (never tested if it is possible for religion and\or faction name):

--- title ---
    {suitor_available_for_princess}A Suitable Prince
    --- strings ---
    {suitor_available_for_daughter_body_eastern_european}This man could show \....

Quote Originally Posted by minizer View Post
    I'm running into an unavoidable CTD at the end of the turn. I attached both the system log and the save. It seems to be a script error that is something about Counter prague_occupied doesn't exist.
    Those counters are declared in the current 0.97 original version (line 27502) and in my fix (line 27819). Which version are you playing?
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 25, 2020 at 08:35 PM.

It was the original version + the pope AI fix, but I've already updated to your fix (patch B). It's not save compatible so please disregard my previous post.

-I see 3 Antipopes( one French and two germans) in the campaign map in the turn number 4 ( year 1134), also i see 3 byzantine Patriarch (furthemore of Echumenical Patriarch), the rest of Imans and Pagans priest are correct(there is no Great Iman at the beginning of the game)
    Ad. voices: I guess JLMP would have a look and answer.

The Ecumenical Partriarch mechanics was created by VineFynn for 096. If he'd come back to modding, I hope he'd fix it. I haven't delved into this area given I have different tasks to do. It's not game-breaking (even though immersion-breaking at times), so it's not a priority atm. There's a warning in one pop-out window about this bug.

There's a reproducible CTD with trading settlements. I was trying to trade for Lincoln for Angers. I'll attach my log and save below. I've set the save up so that you just have to use the diplomat next to Angers to talk to the English.

france_save_and_system.log.zip

Quote Originally Posted by minizer View Post
    There's a reproducible CTD with trading settlements. I was trying to trade for Lincoln for Angers. I'll attach my log and save below. I've set the save up so that you just have to use the diplomat next to Angers to talk to the English.

france_save_and_system.log.zip
    Unfortunately, true. Seems something wrong with spehere of influnce script
    I've made it past turn 49, but I've also had a Zenghid CTD after taking Damascus.

Ok I got a really weird bug, I put a general inside a settlement and his campaign model disappeared (He is not inside the settlement either), when searching him through the family tree his name appears outside the settlement, but again, his model is invisible, and I can't make him go inside by trying again, but he can move (I wonder if he can attack armies).

Save: Attachment 362895

Hope it helps.

Secondly, I had an ongoing siege and went bankrupt, so I was notified about the mercenaries disbanding (3 Drengjar was all I had hired, as Denmark), but I also had 7 or 8 Veteran Drengjar in the army, which I had recruited in settlements, and they all disbanded too, is this intended? (I was trying to take revenge for a FM that died in an ambush after fighting to the end with less than 30 enemies left lol, which I probably would have won but I got the archer animation bug and couldn't rotate the camera during the battle, he got captured at the end, and I was asked for a ransom that I couldn't pay, you must imagine my face.. xd), I get it's supposed to be hard but come on
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; October 26, 2020 at 12:16 PM.

Unfortunately, true. Seems something wrong with spehere of influnce script
    I've made it past turn 49, but I've also had a Zenghid CTD after taking Damascus.
    I found a way to circumvent the CTD. If I trade the settlements individually, i.e: I gave them Lincolon first. Then in another proposal, I asked for Angers by giving some money instead of doing a swap.

This doesn't cause a crash. So it seems the sphere of influence script is not scripted to handle 'settlement swaps' so to say.

I'm having a repeatable CTD at a very crucial moment in my Hungarian campaign. My faction leader is sieging Vrhbosna. During AI turn, my army is attacked and I fight a field battle against a larger Serbian force. Each time, I win a heroic victory, occupy the city, then get a CTD immediately after ransoming prisoners. I'm running SSHIP over a clean install of Stainless Steel 6.4. I've installed outside of program files, and I'm running Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I've attached the save-game and system log. Hope it's solvable.

Thanks!

EDIT: After one more try, it did not crash. Fourth time is a charm, I guess. Please disregard my post. I will leave the error log attached in case it's helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cyprian2; October 26, 2020 at 01:21 PM.