Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

After I took Silves as Portugal on turn 3 I got a cool general. (I wish I could marry him into my family.) However, he spawns with 2 units of Spearmen that are Silver Surfers, which Portugal does not get. Perhaps they should be replaced by Urban Spear Militia, or by regular Spear Militia with upgrades or Experience?

Also the general does not seem to have LoyaltyStarter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221207114751_1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	543.3 KB 
ID:	368489

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    After I took Silves as Portugal on turn 3 I got a cool general. (I wish I could marry him into my family.) However, he spawns with 2 units of Spearmen that are Silver Surfers, which Portugal does not get. Perhaps they should be replaced by Urban Spear Militia, or by regular Spear Militia with upgrades or Experience?

Yes , i have a similar case but for kievan rus and 0 loyalty and also named "the scarred"
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hello everyone. I am playing as Serbia and I have noticed that after my initial diplomat dies, I have no means to recruit another one, not in my capital, not from a building I need to build.... there is just nowhere to recruit him. Is Serbia meant to be played in this version of the mod? There seems to be many things broken, like only being able to recruit a priest in my capital and many other things...

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

a curious thing and I think it's wrong, in my HRE campaign , my king Lothar (at the beginning of the game) has the attribute "of Germanic Blood" but the rest of the family members don't, so when the king dies (who is almost 60 years old at the beginning of the game) the Germanic lineage is lost... I think more family members should have this attribute of royal blood, right?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    a curious thing and I think it's wrong, in my HRE campaign , my king Lothar (at the beginning of the game) has the attribute "of Germanic Blood" but the rest of the family members don't, so when the king dies (who is almost 60 years old at the beginning of the game) the Germanic lineage is lost... I think more family members should have this attribute of royal blood, right?
    I haven't created this part, but historically after Lothair there're change of the imperial family to von Hohenstaufen, so this is the right coding.
    There's a script that will respawn a new blood for each faction, so there's no fear about extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by keksimir View Post
    Hello everyone. I am playing as Serbia and I have noticed that after my initial diplomat dies, I have no means to recruit another one, not in my capital, not from a building I need to build.... there is just nowhere to recruit him. Is Serbia meant to be played in this version of the mod? There seems to be many things broken, like only being able to recruit a priest in my capital and many other things...
    iirc, this has already been hinted at, and it will be fixed in the new version through the Ras unique building

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    in my kievan rus campaign something strange happens in terms of reinforcement armies, they appear out of nowhere and without any warning screen, russian armies made up of a general, 2 pecheneg units, 1 heavy axemen, 3 chudy and one Hunter, 2 armies in 2 turns... It's true that I lost territory to the Cumans but I've regained it.
    Is this player help correct?
    looks like a resistance army

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post

this is a resistance army. You shouldn't get it. I need to verify the code, many thanks for sharing it!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 11, 2022 at 06:10 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by outboarduniform View Post
    Strange bug. It seems for all the archer units I test, the animation for them loading the arrow onto the bow is missing, so they just pull air from behind them and draw the bow back, firing air, which then turns into arrows as soon as it is actually fired. Not really too annoying because it can be overlooked for the most part but when I want to see a cool closeup of the unit it's goofy to see them drawing air to kill their enemies. Wonder if it's a weird animation assigned to the model which isn't sitting right with it. When I installed, I overrode the Data folder with the Data VII and Data VIII folders that came with it but checked and it seemed only to apply to crusader units so it can't be that, so maybe it was another issue relating to the GitHub.
    This is not a bug. The animation models I used for the archers are those from the vanilla M2TW which were shooting air.
    I replaced the first models of archers found in version 092 because these caused serious visual bugs when they found themselves in contact with swordsmen.
    Unfortunately, I did not have the skills to fix this animation problem. That's why SSHIP archers use vanilla animation (until some talented modder is able to create a full animation that works without causing the visual bug : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xCDf0eiMmcY ).

am playing as Crusader states in my currentcampaign, and it seems there some bug regarding priests, they aren't beentrained by any faction regardless of religion, the college or cardinals isalmost empty aswell.i haven't seen anyone talking about this , is it arare bug and is there a fix for it.

another thing, this is more of a suggestion, ithink you guys should limit the ai from training landowners units, in my 100turns, the ai keeps training those units especially the muslim factions sincethey get 4 or 5 units from the building, in some cases, they get bankrupt andcan't build or repair anything in their cities.

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    am playing as Crusader states in my currentcampaign, and it seems there some bug regarding priests, they aren't beentrained by any faction regardless of religion, the college or cardinals isalmost empty aswell.i haven't seen anyone talking about this , is it arare bug and is there a fix for it.

another thing, this is more of a suggestion, ithink you guys should limit the ai from training landowners units, in my 100turns, the ai keeps training those units especially the muslim factions sincethey get 4 or 5 units from the building, in some cases, they get bankrupt andcan't build or repair anything in their cities.
    thanks for letting us know, this is a kind of information we seek to gather!
    ad. 1 - yes, this has already been observed. It's been addressed by giving the AI factions access to priests at the lower church levels, I'm thinking also about lowering recruitment prices for the AI factions
    ad. 2 - again yes, partly done already, I think I'll complete the review for the new version

I've already started a changelog for the new version here
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 15, 2022 at 04:39 AM.

So, a bridge battle where good ole Christopher is standing is broken as it can possibly be (The actual battle was many turns ago, just now getting around to posting). The majority of the first enemy army spawned and died in the river, and some are stuck on the hill just like my troops. The reinforcements are way far away and do not move to enter the battlefield.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20221215193243_3.jpg   20221208225146_1.jpg   20221208225111_1.jpg   20221208225016_1.jpg  
    Last edited by AwkwardDuck; December 15, 2022 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Learning how to add pictures! Fun!

Graphical error with the Heavy Mail upgrade for European Bodyguards. I think I've seen someone else post about this but I have some pics and thoughts on it myself. I've noticed that it doesn't happen all the time, and it can be really bad or just barely noticeable. At the start of a battle, I noticed the error didn't occur and when I clicked back over to them a minute later it was stretched out just a bit. As you can see with the close up screenshots, the bodyguards with the graphical error are the ones who's armour has that large bit of cloth/padding hanging down from UNDER the mail coat. Notice how the two bodyguards have the red and then yellow parts of their clothing hanging down? Those two have the graphical error, while the bodyguard to the left of them with the 3 English lions on his shield and the red tabard has no graphical error. It's only on the bodyguards that have the armour where the large bit of coloured cloth hangs down almost to their ankles from UNDER the mail coat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20221211224725_1.jpg   20221211224717_1.jpg   20221211224707_1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDuck View Post
    So, a bridge battle where good ole Christopher is standing is broken as it can possibly be (The actual battle was many turns ago, just now getting around to posting). The majority of the first enemy army spawned and died in the river, and some are stuck on the hill just like my troops. The reinforcements are way far away and do not move to enter the battlefield.
    Yeah, it's indeed a but related to the map, inherited from the base Stainless Steel. I've also experienced it. We've got nobody in the team able to deal with it

But: upload a save from your campaign, it looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Yeah, it's indeed a but related to the map, inherited from the base Stainless Steel. I've also experienced it. We've got nobody in the team able to deal with it

But: upload a save from your campaign, it looks interesting
    It is related to map heights, right? I've tried a few things in geomod for Insularis Draco, maybe I can look at it!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I’d like to ask something, i saw a fatimid army led by their faction leader besieging sision held by rebels with probably a half stack (the heir was in it too), when i hit end turn, they lost the battle and got completely wiped out, no survivors.
    another time i attacked an army of theirs next to Damascus, when i beat it, they didn't retreat, it's like they fought to the death, like what happens to an army who lost a battle and retreated and was attacked again.
    is there something preventing the AI from retreating in those locations, or is it cuz they are far from their lands, this doesn't look normal.

I’d like to ask something, i saw a fatimid army led by their faction leader besieging sision held by rebels with probably a half stack (the heir was in it too), when i hit end turn, they lost the battle and got completely wiped out, no survivors.
    another time i attacked an army of theirs next to Damascus, when i beat it, they didn't retreat, it's like they fought to the death, like what happens to an army who lost a battle and retreated and was attacked again.
    is there something preventing the AI from retreating in those locations, or is it cuz they are far from their lands, this doesn't look normal.
    I've got no idea.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

An army will be lost totally at defeat when they have not enough room to escape (use the allocated movement points), like on an island or defending a settlement\fort.
    Similar would be a river battle where one side of the river ends in a small area.

i don't think it's cuz of the movment points, it could be a small area or maybe no close friendly area to fall back to.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you think further along that line you will realize that it comes still back to movement points - eg, the retreating army cannot reach a far enough spot (at the limit of their movement points) to be considered 'safe'. Hence why a small area (in most cases an island) is fatal. A friendly area is not required afaik - I have seen armies retreat across a river only to return nearly opposite to mine again, the crossing being relatively far away. The travel distance however was too great for me to pursue them further, hence they were 'safe'. While still being on my empire's soil, no other supporting armies were in sight either.

i have a question about crusades/jihads, does the AI get a time limit to join like the player does.
    and do they have a stoping point, or do they just keep sending armies at you non-stop.

i have a question about crusades/jihads, does the AI get a time limit to join like the player does.
    and do they have a stoping point, or do they just keep sending armies at you non-stop.
    I've got no idea, but I play under assumption that they do operate within the resetrictions similar to the player's.

did you guys figure out what’s stopping the AI from training priests in the later stages of a campaign?
    just curious to know.