Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by will19011 View Post
    Hello. I used to love this mod and was excited to try it out. I recently bought an M1 Mac mini and Med 2 runs like butter on it. I have got The Great Conflicts mod to work but I seem to get a crash before campaign loads with SSHIP. I downloaded the single compilation file, moved it to my mods folder, and used '--features.mod=mods/SSHIP' in the Feral Entertainment MED2 launcher. Custom battles work fine. It seems that only the campaign will not work. Any ideas? Thanks
    Not sure, but check the mod folder name, is it not SSHIP098? If that's so, try using '--features.mod=mods/SSHIP'

As the M1 does not have bootcamp, other ideas come to mind but it's more of a stretch: install a virtual machine or try runing the mod launcher with Wine https://www.winehq.org/
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    https://easyupload.io/353a35

Crashing at rebel end turn for 6 times now , thought you guys can take a look. 0.9.8
    What version exactly are you using, in mean what date?
    I've put something in the latest version thath would show the release version and date in the log, it would save everybody some time!

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    What version exactly are you using, in mean what date?
    I've put something in the latest version thath would show the release version and date in the log, it would save everybody some time!
    Uhh its the one you sent me on 23rd March.

Edit: managed to get past by selecting follow AI, 20 turns now no problems. Eh , guess it was one of those .....
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; March 29, 2021 at 05:04 AM.

Hello,

I recently got back into M2TW and I came across this excellent mod - I love it, when it works, it is amazing. I downloaded the all in one version from Mega (0.98 with the Kostic submod), basically just extracted the zip and put that into my mod folder.

However, the game is CTDing a lot - sometimes I can get through to the next turn by saving during the AI turn and sometime just by reloading that save, but I had to completely abandon my campaign as Scotland, because no matter what I did, I could not get to the next turn. Now, I am playing as Norway and again, the number of crashes that happen is very high. I am on turn 60+ and every AI turn it crashes and like I said, sometime I can get to the next turn, however with the time it takes to boot the game and load the save file, I am playing less and troubleshooting crashes more.

I have read that the latest version (the all in one) should be very stable, but that is not the case for me.

Here is my save file: https://file.io/9MdpTaDnMmsu
    Here is my system log:https://file.io/ApTq9jSRjcTq

Thank you very much for your help and for your continued work on this amazing game

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Hello,

I recently got back into M2TW and I came across this excellent mod - I love it, when it works, it is amazing. I downloaded the all in one version from Mega (0.98 with the Kostic submod), basically just extracted the zip and put that into my mod folder.

However, the game is CTDing a lot - sometimes I can get through to the next turn by saving during the AI turn and sometime just by reloading that save, but I had to completely abandon my campaign as Scotland, because no matter what I did, I could not get to the next turn. Now, I am playing as Norway and again, the number of crashes that happen is very high. I am on turn 60+ and every AI turn it crashes and like I said, sometime I can get to the next turn, however with the time it takes to boot the game and load the save file, I am playing less and troubleshooting crashes more.

I have read that the latest version (the all in one) should be very stable, but that is not the case for me.

Here is my save file: https://file.io/9MdpTaDnMmsu
    Here is my system log:https://file.io/ApTq9jSRjcTq

Thank you very much for your help and for your continued work on this amazing game
    iirc that version is somewhat old and alot has been fixed , they are going to release 0.9.8 test version as official soon im sure, that version works well so far , havent had much problems in 100 turns so far

iirc that version is somewhat old and alot has been fixed , they are going to release 0.9.8 test version as official soon im sure, that version works well so far , havent had much problems in 100 turns so far

Is there a link for that new version somewhere, please?

I'll send it to you by pm if you want to beta test it.
    Just to check, did you follow the basic steps:
    - set medieval exe to run as administrator
    - use compatibility mode and/or make the game large address aware?

And thanks for the save and log, I'll look at it when I'm on my computer.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

For me after I changed the Georgian reforms, for some reasons the crashes are less frequent.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    I'll send it to you by pm if you want to beta test it.
    Just to check, did you follow the basic steps:
    - set medieval exe to run as administrator
    - use compatibility mode and/or make the game large address aware?

And thanks for the save and log, I'll look at it when I'm on my computer.
    Yes, of course, Im using the 4GB patch that came with Divide and Conquer, no issues with using that mod.

And I would be very happy to beta test

Hello,

So, I have been trying out the new beta that @Belovèse sent me in a PM and here is my feedback:

- In terms of CTD I do not see a difference, it still crashes the same -> during AI turn either randomly or either the last Rebels turn (sometimes it is possible to bypass a CTD by saving during the AI turn and then reload the game); Right now I am stuck with the last AI, the Rebels (IR) where the game CTD no matter what I do, it just does.

- In terms of balance and difficulty, I like it much more. I am playing on Medium/Medium and I find the strat gameplay to be well, medium. I figured the previous versions were too difficult for what I perceived medium to be. I really like how you reworked the economy bonuses that various buildings have; either an increase in tradeable goods or plus/minus public order and pop growth. Again, 10/10 as far improving the overall gameplay. (Although, I still have no idea how to crown my FL - I have conquered every region on the faction map, I have over 20k, FL is the governor of the town he is in, capital is not under siege, inhabitants are happy, I am not excommunicated, there is a cathedral, but every turn it still says "Uncrowned").

Thank you for your work, if it helps, I can upload my save and sys.log

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Thanks, khatmar!
    yes, if you can upload the file (and tell me when have you received email from @Belovese, he's produced two 098-alpha versions recently ;-), I will be able to study the crown issue.

The major change in the new version is the fact that the buildings either cost upkeep or provide (also) flat income. Have you paid attention to it, or was it irrelevant? (this is meant to provide the player with an incentive not to build everywhere everything).
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2021 at 09:59 AM.

https://easyupload.io/82iyf2

Unavoidable crash for me as well , during a Mongol Siege and capture of a settlement. 0.9.8 23rd March version.

Unavoidable crash for me as well , during a Mongol Siege and capture of a settlement. 0.9.8 23rd March version.

Well, here is the save one turn later, it did work on my computer with lifted fog of war and following AI movement. Why? I don't know!

Also, it looks like your log is not complete: there is only info that appears when launching the mod, but nothing that should appear when playing on campaign map. It was like that on the previous log you posted too.

I can confirm that running the game with "toggle_fow" enabled - as in there is no fog of war, there are no crashes for at least 20+ turns. But then it takes forever... So, yeah.

I will work on uploading a save.

As far as buildings go, I really like them! I have to look up the effects in my settlement tab and it is much difficult to manage settlements, which I love! I am definitely not building the same thing in every settlement, at least not right away.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Regardless of what I try I can't get the mod to start, it crashes a few secs when I start it.
    "Medieval II has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit"
    (Windows 10, using Steam)
    I have reinstalled and re-downloaded several times.
    I have tried several compatability modes (Windows 7, XP)
    I have tried running it as administrator
    I have tried starting the Mod via Steam Launch Options

Any help highly appreciated...
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Ask Belovèse for a link to the full version. You will only have to copy the complete file in the "mods" folder and launch the game with the .bat

Otherwise I can only see one explanation: the files were not copied to the correct directory.

In fact, maybe being on STEAM changes the path to the executable ? I do not know. I have a "disk" version.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Regardless of what I try I can't get the mod to start, it crashes a few secs when I start it.
    "Medieval II has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit"
    (Windows 10, using Steam)
    I have reinstalled and re-downloaded several times.
    I have tried several compatability modes (Windows 7, XP)
    I have tried running it as administrator
    I have tried starting the Mod via Steam Launch Options

Any help highly appreciated...
    If you're using the 098 alpha version from January (11.01.2021), you've put the folders into /mods, and you're still having those troubles, then the problem lies elsewhere, not with installation of the SSHIP.
    Otherwise @kostic may be right - wrong directory etc.

Yo guys , i noticed a BIG BUG that causes crashing .

The moment the Mongols capture one of the Khwarezmian settlements , there is high chance that the game will crash.

Also , the Mongols DO NOT OCCUPY any settlements they conquer. They instantly turn into rebel settlements and the Mongols move on to the next Khwarezmian city . They simply do not occupy any settlement as they used to do in older versions of SSHIP.

Thanks for the report, can you upload the save and log. Are you still on beta version from 23 march?

I didn't know that that was a bug.
    "They instantly turn into rebel settlements and the Mongols move on to the next Khwarezmian city."
    They did the same in my campaign until they reached Baghdad, then after they captured it, they turned like into a normal faction, albeit rather rapidly because of their huge armies.