Page 96 of 303 FirstFirst ... 46718687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106121146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 6055

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ tmodelsk, The replenish rate is given by the EDB, not the EDU as far as I remember
    You are correct, typo. I mean edb, typo, corrected above.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eidgeniesser View Post
    So here is the system log from the main m2tw folder. The bug that I experience is that I always crash in Kingdom of Georgias turn. Playing as HRE
    There is a three minute gap between last entry and the crash. Please set your log to trace by changing this line in the mod's CFG file (opens with Notepad). Also check the path and name for the mod's log to make sure you got the right log:

[log]
    to = path and file name here
    level = * trace

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

this is what my default.cfg file looks like. I changed the line about log and as I understand the log should still be the same as normal in the common/Medieval II Total War file

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[launcher]
    kingdomsDir=%%
    swapMenuBackground=true
    swapMenuMusic=true
    swapBAI=true
    autoLocateLogFile=true
    autoBorderlessMode=true
    steamCheck=true
    firstRun=true
    steam=true
    [features]
    mod=mods/SS6.3
    [log]
    to = system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    #level = * error
    [io]
    file_first=true
    [video]
    no_background_fmv=true
    grass_distance=9000
    unit_detail=high
    windowed=true
    borderless_window=true
    movies=false
    [game]
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield=1
    label_settlements=1
    event_cutscenes=0
    allusers=1
    micromanage_all_settlements=1
    advisor_verbosity=0
    [misc]
    show_hud_date=true
    #remove the # in the next line if you want launcher to bypass straight to the last save when you start mtw2
    #bypass_to_strategy_save=true

Blog Entries

That's weird then, the log is referring to mods\americas and not mods\SS6.3 - either the CFG file is not the right one or the log isn't, did you play another mod (Steam?) before compressing the log?

Or have you installed the mod for steam using the 'use a campaign folder' method? That method completely ignores the CFG file...

If so, rather reverse the folder name back to SS6.3, make a short cut from the BAT file (or launch file) after following these instructions.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

Seems that was the problem: I installed the game into the americas folder. Your solution fixed it.

So here is (I hope) the right error log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Getting somewhere, but still weird:

22:30:23.383 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/unit_info/kievan_rus/Dismounted_Druzhina_info.tga (from: C:\Users\Raphael\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:30:23.383 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_Governor_Building_Completed> fired
    22:30:23.383 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Building_MilitaryInclination_Castle_Archery> fired
    22:30:23.383 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <governor_building> fired
    22:30:23.383 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <architect_vnv_trigger> fired
    22:30:23.383 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 3, random 99
    22:30:23.384 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Building_Completed> fired
    22:30:23.384 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_Building_Completed_Archery03> fired
    22:30:23.385 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 688 in mods/americas/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

Are you continuing an old game after you have renamed the folder?

Here are the last two lines, three seconds gap again. Can you trace if that trigger is in the export_descr_character_traits, descr_faction_standing or descr_missions file and remove it? Make a back up of the file.
    22:30:23.897 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    22:30:26.339 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Found that Feudal foot knights don't have the "raises allied unit moral" characteristic, unlike their mounted couterpart and other foot knights. This looks like a glitch.
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Yes its a save from when i used the americas folder. Could that be a problem for the error.log.

I searched those three file with ctrl+f typing swordsmith which only appears once but its not the trigger named in the error.log.

I think I'll just start a new campaign. Is there any method to avoid these AI turn crashes in the first place? Is there no general solution I can try if it happens again?

Blog Entries

My bad - it will be in the export_descr_guild file. If the file is not present then it is a default trigger and it shouldn't be responsible for the crash (too much time anyhow between last line and crash).

Extensive mods like this can cause 'random' errors - the best thing is to regularly save so that you are not dependent on the auto save. A quick save (Ctlr+S) every now and then helps here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 29, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Extensive mods like this can cause 'random' errors - the best thing is to regularly save so that you are not dependent on the auto save. A quick save (Ctlr+S) every now and then helps here.
    That's absolutely true. And even that will not always save your saves. I've a few months ago played Europa Barbarorum II and at some point the game crashed and it turned out that 10 laste saves were corrupted (I couldn't load them) and I had to give up. My experience with SSHIP is positive in this respect - hundreds of turns without CTD.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

Here is an anecdote: in 1648 all saves became unusable after about 200 turns as they ballooned to more then 100MB. That was due to our constant killing and respawning of the 'fort labels' - had to find another solution for that (characters getting knocked off their position or killed by assassins), a lengthy conditional test before respawning solved it.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archesel View Post
    Found that Feudal foot knights don't have the "raises allied unit moral" characteristic, unlike their mounted couterpart and other foot knights. This looks like a glitch.
    Noted. I'll check that
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dunno whether it's a glitch or not ,but in Great Seldjuk roster, the armoured horse archer (from vanilla's Khwarezm roster) is given a total armor value of 14. It appears too low for such and unit: fari and iqta'dar have 15 armor while being more mobile. The AHA appears as armored like mamluk heavy HA (20 armor).
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

That's the thread that got me to be able to install SS for the Steam version of Medieval II on my Mac, but apparently the version I downloaded has the turn 51 Bulgarian Uprising bug that was apparently fixed so long ago that any links from twcenter to fixes for it are dead links, and the instructions for fixing it manually would only work on a PC anyhow. So I tried fixing it manually (apparently it was an incorrectly entered name in the event script), but no luck so far.

Blog Entries

That bug shouldn't be in SSHIP. Our script is quite modified compare to the original SS one
    Can you post your log as per the OP?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi,

Getting CTD during AI's turn. Get the following error message: Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

ZIP file of log attached.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

First of all, welcome along these forums.

What era are you playing? Early or High? Does it happen each time during the same faction's turn and if yes, which one?

First of all, welcome along these forums.

What era are you playing? Early or High? Does it happen each time during the same faction's turn and if yes, which one?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm playing as England during the early period, turn 134. Happens during the Fatimids turn. I have attached a screen shot of where the crash happens. A diplomat walks up to Antioch and this is when the crash occurs.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSHIP Crash Screen Shot.pdf  

Blog Entries

Have you tried to load a previous save and see if it happens again? I can't find anything in your log.

Have you tried to load a previous save and see if it happens again? I can't find anything in your log.
    Yeah it still crashes at the same point. Do you need a more detailed log?