Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich trooper View Post
    For the record i was using process_cq, population and money cheats in game. I have fully upgraded some of the cities/castles. Is there any chance that may cause the ctd?
    Gigantus would say that he's seen more simple causes of crashes. Eg. he taught me to not to use condition = 1, but to condition < 2 and condition > 0.
    So using console commands obviously may have caused ctd.

I've reverted back to a much older save where i didnt apply cheats to upgrade holdings, and this save is working well so far. It didnt crash at turn 51 and right now im in turn 55. So yay

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich trooper View Post
    I've reverted back to a much older save where i didnt apply cheats to upgrade holdings, and this save is working well so far. It didnt crash at turn 51 and right now im in turn 55. So yay
    Lucky you. Indeed, there're many stochastic events that may or may not lead to a crash.
    I've thought that I'd solved the issue of crashes at the Civil War Resistance script as I'd seen many crashes at HRE rebellion. But I've experienced again one...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Gigantus: the problem of the previously existing princess of the same name is actually a small one. I'll elaborate here on my thoughts just for broader understanding of the script :-)
    If you are assured of the low probability then that's fine with me, in the end it's a simple exercise with the script replicator.

However, there's actually another problem with this script - and you can help me fixing it ;-)
    How to ensure that the tile (say x 37, y 152) is empty? There might be a crash if there's an enemy or another agent (a friendly army is ok?).
    This crash won't repeat in 96,5% cases if save is reloaded, but still it's not nice to have any crash.
    How to deal with it?
    There should never be a crash unless the map is 100% occupied by characters . In all other cases the spawned character\army will 'slide' into the nearest available\valid spot. The pic shows what happens when multiple spawns with the same co-ordinate are executed (forgot to terminate the script after the first spawn at the time):

Last edited by Gigantus; May 20, 2020 at 09:23 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

What if the coordinates refer to the sea or unpassable area (like deep forests, lakes or high mountains)?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I have just lost my Podesta (King of Pisa) by passing a Genoese gate while it was under the control of my army.
    If anyone knows how to prevent boiling oil from spilling on attackers when the door has already been captured it would be great !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I have just lost my Podesta (King of Pisa) by passing a Genoese gate while it was under the control of my army.
    If anyone knows how to prevent boiling oil from spilling on attackers when the door has already been captured it would be great !
    This is a perfect depiction of the uncertainities of the battle. Soldier may easily take somebody for somebody else. Or there was still an enemy soldier just hiding to take revenge for the daughter spoiled by the king's soldiers.
    War is a brutal, mistake-prone bussines.

This is a perfect depiction of the uncertainities of the battle. Soldier may easily take somebody for somebody else. Or there was still an enemy soldier just hiding to take revenge for the daughter spoiled by the king's soldiers.
    War is a brutal, mistake-prone bussines.
    Mmmh ... I'm not sure the argument is correct. If, before bringing the king, the player sends a unit to hold the door, there is no reason why this action does not ensure the safety of the king.

Blog Entries

Not sure it can be modified actually
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Mmmh ... I'm not sure the argument is correct. If, before bringing the king, the player sends a unit to hold the door, there is no reason why this action does not ensure the safety of the king.
    Not if the guards were on it <conspiracy intensifies>

But you are right on one point: to love playing, you must have imagination. A conspiracy against the king, why not ? After all, with the death of my young king (33 or 34), it's the end of the Visconti family. The father died peacefully a year or two ago, and the one now governing is from the Fillipo family. He was previously adopted by my young king (boiled in his armor). Maybe a plot ?

Blog Entries

Did he give a pay raise to his men? If not, that can explain why
    Or was he related to Macron somehow?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Not sure it can be modified actually
    It's got to do with the control_area_radius of the gate - if the defenders are still within that radius then they still control the gate and the oil still pours. And if the "manned" setting is zero then they never loose control.

@Gigantus : It is possible that an enemy soldier had remained close enough that the gate remained under enemy control ...
    In general, the principle you describe seems to be working out correctly. There is no boiling oil when the speakers are empty.

Hi all,I'm not sure if this is a bug or am I missing something but some of my cities have less recruitment slots than it should be. I'll add the screenshot bellow for you to see yourself but for example in Nicaia i have stone walls and 25k population, when i right click the stone walls it says recruitment slots available: 2 if I already have concil chambers and crop rotation. I have already constucted them but still have only 1 slot of recruitment. Same thing in Constantinople and Tessaloniki too. Is the way it should be or a bug or am i missing something?

https://imgur.com/a/rwqRg5d

Code:
            recruitment_slots 3 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and not building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers and not building_present_min_level farms farms+2
            recruitment_slots 1 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1
    Looks indeed as a bug. Two nots too much.

How do I fix it?

Also Varangian Guard and Spartharii tou Vasileos are missing too eventhough i have heavy mail armor upgrade, mayors palace and lateran concil

in EDB replace with:
    Code:
            recruitment_slots 3 requires event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers and not building_present_min_level farms farms+2
            recruitment_slots 1 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1
    I don't understand: what VG and StV are missing?

There is a bug with the defense of Valencia, my Aragonese against the Moors ... the enemy is much more numerous than my army (in neutral ground I have no chance to beat them given their statistical advantages not yet corrected, but if I let the enemy launch an assault on my walls ...).

The bug occurs in this scenario:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1- I send cavalry to damage the carriers of the ram, then those of the ladders or the siege tower, then, I bring my cavalry away from the fortifications.

2- the enemy army, disorganized, concentrates on a single group of ladders or on the siege tower and I place my best troops to receive them by sandwiching them

4- the enemy troops are massacred by landing on the bridge and this can last a very long time

5- finally, here is the bug: I noticed that it only occurs if I modify the speed of time (x2 or x6) On this condition, the game becomes totally slow. The units only move in small jerky movements, the camera only moves delayed ... etc

On the other hand, if you do not touch time, the battle continues until the end and you only have to wait for the enemies to flee to send your general to pursue them mercilessly.

And here is my hero of the day !
    Last edited by kostic; May 27, 2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add spoiler

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah , Kostic. This strategy is cheesy and gives you ability to cancel the ram , but in return the AI gets a seisure and starts pouring on the walls , obviously bugging out because they keep routing then come back etc. Nothing you can do about it i'm afriad, i think it is tied to the great AI total war has . All you can do is either wait all of the foot troops to eventually rout to get an auto-win (even if they have cavalry, they cant use the equipment) , or send your troops out and attack them outside .

I used to do this often but it turned sieges into chaotic 40 min buggy messes so now i just let them batter the gates and be done with it.