Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi, I'm having issues trying to set the game as full screen. So far I've tried to change in game video settings to apply widescreen, but it doesn't seem to work.

SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Can't build Farms and Estates in Sivas/Sebastea as Byzantium. There is a quarry present but it still says the farms can't be build yet.

I tried demolishing the quarry and rebuilding all stages (using process_cq), but it also won't let you build a Carpenter's Workshop.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Can't build Farms and Estates in Sivas/Sebastea as Byzantium. There is a quarry present but it still says the farms can't be build yet.

I tried demolishing the quarry and rebuilding all stages (using process_cq), but it also won't let you build a Carpenter's Workshop.
    perhaps you still have Nomads in Sivas - they're there from the beginning

{nomad_encampment}Nomad Encampment
    {nomad_encampment_desc}In contrary to the upcoming trend of farming a regions lands, some nomad people like the Qipchaq or the Mongols use it mainly for feeding their horses. After converting your surrounding regions to grazing lands, we can now build an encampment to attract nomads to live in and fight for this region.\n\nHowever, the dangers of the nomads roaming about prevent the development of the urban life in the province. In particular, the Carpenter Workshops that are pre-requisite for many urban buildings, will not be possible to be built. This way of development of the province will be thus closed. Mind that for certain steppe and desert provinces it is closed anyway - it's not possible to build roads on the steppes or in the deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    perhaps you still have Nomads in Sivas - they're there from the beginning
    Thanks, that worked. Maybe update the Nomad description to show it also doesn't allow farms to be constructed? That would make it easier to understand.

Also, not sure why nomads would be present in Sivas? The Danishmends weren't particularly nomadic, afaik they were as urban as Rum.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Thanks, that worked. Maybe update the Nomad description to show it also doesn't allow farms to be constructed? That would make it easier to understand.
    Also, not sure why nomads would be present in Sivas? The Danishmends weren't particularly nomadic, afaik they were as urban as Rum.
    There's been a constant influx of the nomads throughout 11 to 14th century, settling down gradually. The whole interior of Anatolia was overrun by the nomads, they got involved into the local politics, and it's why they've won ascendancy here.

Fair enough I suppose.

Personally I'm finding the game quite easy after about the first 50 turns. The AI seems to get very passive once you have a strong military and stacks near all border regions, and with good economic management, prioritising getting cities, roads and ports, you can get there pretty quickly. That's my experience with Byzantium and England to date - Serbia never DOWed on me for over 120 turns as Byzantium and Scotland never DOWed on me for a similar amount of time as England. In fact, Scotland didn't DOW on any other faction for the whole game, other than crusades. Not sure if the AI has been toned down a bit much, or I've just build too powerful an empire for them to want to attack?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

https://files.fm/u/gjus7wmfe

Seems to be a bug with children born out of a Princess - Family Member marriage, they all seem to be Bastards.

Swabs: what difficulty do you play, VH/VH?

Nemesis: good to talk to you, it's been a while I've put this on my to do list, thanks!

Sent from my FP4 using Tapatalk
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Indeed, according to your game, the Kaiser is a bastard while he seems to be the direct descendant of the old Kaiser.
    Similarly, the heir, already no longer very young, himself a descendant of another Kaiser, has a legitimate son named "bastard"...
    I don't know if improvements are possible with the inheritance system, but with the sometimes incongruous choices of heirs, this part of the game seems rather very random.
    @Nemesis : Welcome back among us indeed !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Indeed, according to your game, the Kaiser is a bastard while he seems to be the direct descendant of the old Kaiser.
    Similarly, the heir, already no longer very young, himself a descendant of another Kaiser, has a legitimate son named "bastard"...
    I don't know if improvements are possible with the inheritance system, but with the sometimes incongruous choices of heirs, this part of the game seems rather very random.
    As far as I know, this difficult HRE initial situation was inteded by MWY, the previous developer of the SSHIP, who wanted in this way limit the expansive power of the HRE. Even though I don't know if these guys were meant all to be bastards, maybe he meant usurpers. After all, after Lothair there's a change of the dynasty on the HRE throne.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

As far as I know, this difficult HRE initial situation was inteded by MWY, the previous developer of the SSHIP, who wanted in this way limit the expansive power of the HRE. Even though I don't know if these guys were meant all to be bastards, maybe he meant usurpers. After all, after Lothair there's a change of the dynasty on the HRE throne.
    I will continue the campaign for now and see more, i think marrying any princess with a faction memeber leads to an automatic bastard, think there is a bug in the code , i will test a bit more, just married the 1st son of my Claimant to a princess, he should be the Apparent once his Father gets the throne. Technically .

Good to see all of you guys, the mod is defo a pleasant experience as always !

Only issue i have is that the Moors are cav spamming everyone again with Fari Lancers and such , just like in every version xD. But so far , they didnt expand that much , but i have a feeling it's just bandaid

EDIT : I seem to be crashing on next turn around the Fatimids turn, here is the save https://easyupload.io/2rb0z0 , cant seem to get over it with the conventional methods.
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; September 23, 2022 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    EDIT : I seem to be crashing on next turn around the Fatimids turn, here is the save https://easyupload.io/2rb0z0 , cant seem to get over it with the conventional methods.
    Here is the next turn, 104.

Installed the most recent game; the Late Era isn't loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Installed the most recent game; the Late Era isn't loading.
    Perfectly normal phenomenon : we don't have a late era campaign yet!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

hello sship team, some reports regarding version 0.98 September:
    -1.in my egyptian campaign after taking the last crusader settlement in Edessa, on the battle map i had 3 rival armies, one in the city and 2 waiting outside, it was going to be an epic battle after running to take the city square but those 2 crusading armies from outside never entered the city but they stayed outside waiting for me to conquer it (there was even the crusader king with a big army outside waiting), after this the Jerusalem faction was destroyed... What I am saying is that the AI ​​could have defended against my jihadi attack and they didn't want to, is there any way to fix it?
    2-Also when they become rebel armies, their generals continue to have the Nordic HIrdmen of the general's bodyguards...
    3- When I marry a princess with "Fatimid blood" with an adopted general, will her children have this royal blood?
    4- The Knights of Jerusalem look horrible with the old vanilla models, an urgent kostic remodeling is needed!
    5- How do slave markets work regarding ghulam and mamluk warriors? I think they are not working properly and a review of this regional building is needed.
    6- When is it possible to recruit the famous Tabbardariyya and Naffatun for the Egyptians?
    7- When is it possible to recruit the famous mamluks and change the dynasty from Fatimies to Ayubies? I think that playing with Egyptians there should be some tips to explain it in the game. I also keep saying that black sudanese units should be recruited almost all in QUS and some more in cairo, your african troops should come from south egypt including sudan spearmen, sudan archers and sudan warriors all at once.

8.THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT MODIFYING THE GAME...how do I modify the "string.bin" files? For example I have the file expanded.text but I also have the file "expanded.txt.strings.bin" , do I have to modify both for it to be effective or is it okay if I only modify the .txt???

I hope you can solve my numerous doubts, thanks for all your effort!

I leave you my savegames so you can take a look at a Muslim game!
    They are the before and after of the great battle for the Holy Land...

Egipcios.rar2.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    hello sship team, some reports regarding version 0.98 September:
    -1.in my egyptian campaign after taking the last crusader settlement in Edessa, on the battle map i had 3 rival armies, one in the city and 2 waiting outside, it was going to be an epic battle after running to take the city square but those 2 crusading armies from outside never entered the city but they stayed outside waiting for me to conquer it (there was even the crusader king with a big army outside waiting), after this the Jerusalem faction was destroyed... What I am saying is that the AI ​​could have defended against my jihadi attack and they didn't want to, is there any way to fix it?
    2-Also when they become rebel armies, their generals continue to have the Nordic HIrdmen of the general's bodyguards...
    3- When I marry a princess with "Fatimid blood" with an adopted general, will her children have this royal blood?
    4- The Knights of Jerusalem look horrible with the old vanilla models, an urgent kostic remodeling is needed!
    5- How do slave markets work regarding ghulam and mamluk warriors? I think they are not working properly and a review of this regional building is needed.
    6- When is it possible to recruit the famous Tabbardariyya and Naffatun for the Egyptians?
    7- When is it possible to recruit the famous mamluks and change the dynasty from Fatimies to Ayubies? I think that playing with Egyptians there should be some tips to explain it in the game. I also keep saying that black sudanese units should be recruited almost all in QUS and some more in cairo, your african troops should come from south egypt including sudan spearmen, sudan archers and sudan warriors all at once.

8.THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT MODIFYING THE GAME...how do I modify the "string.bin" files? For example I have the file expanded.text but I also have the file "expanded.txt.strings.bin" , do I have to modify both for it to be effective or is it okay if I only modify the .txt???
    1 - no idea
    2 - that's normal, they are rebels from that factions
    3 - yes
    5 - yes, it's needed :-)
    6 - it's how it was in the SSHIP092 / SS
    7 - it's how it was in the SSHIP092 / SS / Sudan warriors: indeed, they should be available there. But maybe only as mercenaries? They couldn't be levied as they'd all come from Nubia and elsewhere...
    8 - no need to modify it, if you run a cleaner.bat in the mod, the unnecesary will be deleted, and the rest will be recreated. IIRC, expanded will be updated as well.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

1 - no idea
    2 - that's normal, they are rebels from that factions
    3 - yes
    5 - yes, it's needed :-)
    6 - it's how it was in the SSHIP092 / SS
    7 - it's how it was in the SSHIP092 / SS / Sudan warriors: indeed, they should be available there. But maybe only as mercenaries? They couldn't be levied as they'd all come from Nubia and elsewhere...
    8 - no need to modify it, if you run a cleaner.bat in the mod, the unnecesary will be deleted, and the rest will be recreated. IIRC, expanded will be updated as well.
    1- AI problem
    2- I have already noticed this strangeness: bodyguards on horseback become Scandinavian bodyguards on foot after rebellion. No, it's not normal @Jurand.
    3- no comment
    4- I say. I have so many units to work on again and I haven't found the time to get back to it yet...
    5- You forgot this question Jurand
    6- no comment
    7- no comment
    8- no comment

Ok thank you @kostic and @Jurand for your quick responses!

1- Regarding AI problem @Macaras can you correct this strange behavior? I think the AI ​​reinforcement armies should come to the aid and try to keep me from taking the central square...

2-yes, Scandinavian bodyguards are a problem in terms of transforming factions into rebels, it happens in all areas, I've seen it in Spanish and Scottish lands. Middle East... I think they should be modified so that they are at least mounted bodyguards and not Scandinavian units that are unhistorical

3-Ok perfect so royal bloodlines continue to persist with this... I would like that in the future different Royal Houses or Royal Families be created within the same faction through the "Ancillaries", similar to the Bellum Crucis mod, (Anjou Dynasty , Capet Dynasty, Blois Dynasty...)

4-Ok kostic, dont problem, when you have time you will begin to remodel the units and create new ones, if you want, send me your list to do and I will help you with historical things and make it easier for you to create the units

5-yes, you forget this question Jurand, how does this slave market building work? do you need them to create ghulams and mamluks?
    6-Ok, we have to review it, so when are you going to start the work of reviewing the unit rosters and their recruitment? I think it's a very important part of the game... Can I help you?

7-When is it possible to recruit the famous mamluks and change the dynasty from Fatimies to Ayubies and after Mamluks dynasty? Could you explain what are the requirements to obtain these Jurand changes? I think it will be necessary to explain it in the initial tips of the game when you play with the Fatimies and Abbasids so that everyone knows how to do it.

Thanks for all friends!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by sepas10 View Post
    Getting a nasty CTD after some battles almost periodically, all it says is:

"A fatal graphics error has occurred, the game will now shut down. This is normally caused by having your graphics settings set too high, please try running the program again and lowering your graphics settings before a battle"

I'm playing on the lowest possible settings and my PC can run this game on the highest settings. Sometimes this problem happened in Stainless Steel 6.4 too but without the error message it just CDT.
    Tried reinstalling, updating my drivers, running the game in win7 compatibility mode still getting this issue.
    I'm sorry but me, personally, I haven't followed the solutions to the technical problems given that I don't experience them... It's not a problem of modding.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    5-yes, you forget this question Jurand, how does this slave market building work? do you need them to create ghulams and mamluks?
    6-Ok, we have to review it, so when are you going to start the work of reviewing the unit rosters and their recruitment? I think it's a very important part of the game... Can I help you?
    7-When is it possible to recruit the famous mamluks and change the dynasty from Fatimies to Ayubies and after Mamluks dynasty? Could you explain what are the requirements to obtain these Jurand changes? I think it will be necessary to explain it in the initial tips of the game when you play with the Fatimies and Abbasids so that everyone knows how to do it.
    5 - I don't know, I haven't worked on it.
    6 - not really, it until publishing ver. 1.0 we've agreed to work on the current list of units (that is de facto Stainless Steel with modifications), to avoid mess and imbalances.
    7 - again, haven't workd on this, I just know it works, but I don't have a clear picture if it's ok.

Hey, j.a. luna - It is needed to be able to recruit some of these slave units, but together with their specialized buildings - barracks, stables or ranges. It's simple- you just need two buildings, for mamluks of course there is a need for the historical event to happen. Regarding the code - one building makes the unit possible (barracks, stables..) another gives the replenishment (slave).