Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

So when you got rid of the Miserly NGB trigger, have you got rid of the crash?
    Yes. CTD was resolved once I disabled NGB trigger for Miserly, same as the Insane case. So now I'm playing without any NGB triggers just in case.

Helo, new user here:
    I've gotten up to turn 77 HRE campaign, but as son as I press the next turn button, the game ctds. I installed SSHIP only 4 days ago, and also installed JoC's patch last night, and the ctd persists. I have no clue what cuald be causing the crash. any help would be much appreciated.
    I'm playing on the steam version, on Windows 10 64bit

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1404, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <Igor_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1405, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <Igor_effects_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1417, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <miocid>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1422, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <miocid_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1423, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <miocid_effects_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1437, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <minnensang>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1442, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <minnensang_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1443, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <minnensang_effects_desc>.
    11:43:02.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2457, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <crown_georgia>.
    11:43:02.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2461, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <crown_georgia_desc>.
    11:43:02.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2462, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <crown_georgia_effects_desc>.
    11:43:31.119 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    11:46:17.658 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by GodofWrath View Post
    Helo, new user here:
    I've gotten up to turn 77 HRE campaign, but as son as I press the next turn button, the game ctds. I installed SSHIP only 4 days ago, and also installed JoC's patch last night, and the ctd persists. I have no clue what cuald be causing the crash. any help would be much appreciated.
    I'm playing on the steam version, on Windows 10 64bit

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1404, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <Igor_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1405, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <Igor_effects_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1417, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <miocid>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1422, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <miocid_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1423, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <miocid_effects_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1437, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <minnensang>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1442, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <minnensang_desc>.
    11:43:02.116 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 1443, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <minnensang_effects_desc>.
    11:43:02.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2457, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <crown_georgia>.
    11:43:02.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2461, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <crown_georgia_desc>.
    11:43:02.118 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 2462, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <crown_georgia_effects_desc>.
    11:43:31.119 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    11:46:17.658 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

It looks like the serbia-teutonic orders bug. I suppose you've installed the patch after started having played your game. In this case the serbia-teutonic order bug (extensively discussed in this thread in December) is still in you save file because the script is read by the engine at the beginning of the game and then stored in the save. I'm not sure the current patch solves it - as the very script has been fixed in the meantime. I think this is the fix for that error, but I'm not sure. Try to apply it.

However, I don't think it's the best idea to continue this game - other errors may happen, if you applied the patch after you've started the game.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If the script is modified, a new campaign must be started to let the changes take effect. If not, it's not gonna work
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I am playing as Basileia ton Rhomaion and i have conquered all the territory needed to crown my Basileus and he has the trait Fit for Crown, he has a exactly 7 ancillaries but after i end the turn he still doesn't get crowned. What should i do?

Blog Entries

JoC will confirm but I think that there's a bug for that feature. It should be corrected in next version
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Aw man i've been trying so long for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMcSwaggerGr View Post
    Aw man i've been trying so long for nothing.
    Byzantine crown has not been updated, it's as it was in 092. The list is as follows:

and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Arta = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Adrianople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Smyrna = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Attaleia = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sinop = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Trebizond = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Chandax = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sis = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium

So if i hold all those settlements the Basileus will be crowned?

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMcSwaggerGr View Post
    So if i hold all those settlements the Basileus will be crowned?
    I'm sorry, but a probable bug has recently been found and it'll be fixed in the next patch / version of SSHIP.

In particular, there're too many conditions below:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------ 
    Trigger crown_byzantium 
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd 

Condition IsFactionLeader 
     and EndedInSettlement 
     and Trait Crownholder > 1
     and Trait Crownholder < 3
     and SettlementName Constantinople
     and SettlementBuildingExists = cathedral_o 
     and FactionType byzantium 
     and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Arta = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Adrianople = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Smyrna = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Attaleia = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Sinop = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Trebizond = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Chandax = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium
     and I_SettlementOwner Sis = byzantium     
     and I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium
     and not FactionwideAncillaryExists crown_byzantium

AcquireAncillary crown_byzantium chance 100
    you may fix it for yourself by editing "export_descr_ancillaries.txt" - and deleting some lines with the settlments (do it with Notepad)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You really should transfer all those ownership conditions to a script and then use an event_counter to reference it in the EDA.

Underneath a quick doodle to the principle of the monitor:
    Code:
    factionturnstart byzantium
    start if loop
       query all settlement ownerships if byzantium
       set counter to one
    end if loop
    start if loop (repeat this loop for all settlements)
       query individual settlement ownership if NOT byzantium
       set counter to one
    end if loop

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You really should transfer all those ownership conditions to a script and then use an event_counter to reference it in the EDA.

Underneath a quick doodle to the principle of the monitor:
    Code:
    factionturnstart byzantium
    start if loop
       query all settlement ownerships if byzantium
       set counter to one
    end if loop
    start if loop (repeat this loop for all settlements)
       query individual settlement ownership if NOT byzantium
       set counter to one
    end if loop
    Yeah, that's right. I've been always trying not to diverge from the based SSHIP / SS6.4 in the methods. Having all conditions in EDA was the SS6.4 solution and, as I see now, the system was mostly not working. What actually prompted me to mod this parts of the mod were the irksome aspects of historicity of the list of province - and the idea of shortening the list for Poland evolved into making this fix.
    I think it's not worth now to re-mod it from the scratch. I've spent much time recently on it and other parts of the game badly need improvemnt so. And the main problem I haven't reviewed most of the crowns - what actually doesn't require so much time, at least in comparison with the re-modding of the system. The results for the crowns will be only in the new patch.

BTW, @Gigantus, do you remember what's the maximum number of conditions and "affects" in EDA and EDCT?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 10, 2020 at 02:47 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    BTW, @Gigantus, do you remember what's the maximum number of conditions and "affects" in EDA and EDCT?
    I can't recall the exact numbers, I do however remember that a good while ago there was a discussion regarding the matter in the workshop. Withnwar might know more.

I started an Armenia/Georgia campaign and it seems like the Tadzreuli Swordsmen, MEtsikhovne Spearmen, and Foot Monaspa Lancers aren't recruitable. I thought maybe they'd be available after a few turns, but nope?
    I actually started with two Tadzreuli units and the Orthodex Abbey said it opens their recruitment but I got nothing..

That being said I did edit the export unit descr file to give some of the AI more large units so that I'd actually see certain factions get powerful (that was my theory). It didn't seem to work because Poland and the Byzantines got stomped even though I checked to make sure those units that I edited were still being recruited. I also deleted the re-emergence script because it impedes the expansion of factions, despite it's realism which I like. I just got tired of always being the largest faction.

I mean I managed to capture 30 regions with mostly Kartlian Spearmen lol before I realized that maybe there was a problem with the Armenian Recruitment.

I simply edited the aforementioned file to open the recruit that seems to have been blocked until a certain event occurs, but given the nature of these units and their stats relative to other units in different factions I thought there was a problem. I can send the updated file, but it comes with the unit sizes changed.

Anyways, what was difficult for me to change - as I have only my ability to reference the entries for similar units and copy those - would probably be easy for you.

To summarize: the armenian recruitment seems blocked to late events and units from other factions that are just as powerful are open way before. I can only do so much with mercenary armenians and the kartlians being my only infantry basically.

Civis

Traits are dupplicating. Loves his father, and hates his father traits are both present on character. Another thing, Apothecary ancilary. Agents are not suppose to acquire this ancilary as it provides completely different bonuses than their purpose.

Balancing loss of Piety with Priest agents.
    When priest cannot convert anything in its region and the religion is averaging in that regions at around 50% priest tend to lose Piety fast. In like 10-15 turns my every priest became lost in faith or wavered (its trait expression)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    Traits are dupplicating. Loves his father, and hates his father traits are both present on character. Another thing, Apothecary ancilary. Agents are not suppose to acquire this ancilary as it provides completely different bonuses than their purpose.

Balancing loss of Piety with Priest agents.
    When priest cannot convert anything in its region and the religion is averaging in that regions at around 50% priest tend to lose Piety fast. In like 10-15 turns my every priest became lost in faith or wavered (its trait expression)
    Welcome again, shadowtwinz!
    Thanks for pointing at loves/hates - I've fixed the clearing house now, it shouldn't happeny anymore (from the next patch).

Thanks for this observation on the priests. I'll have a look. Btw, every priests is becoming bishop right? How often do you get antipopes? And cardinals?
    (the system has actually been botched up between 095 and 096, somebody will have to get it fixed...).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    @Jurand of Cracow I have a concern about Agent "Health" trait managing. My agents every turn need manual check to avoid Loss of Health or in other words Illness. And in order to solve it after they get Ill i have to move my agent to the settlement :/ . If neglected they eventualy lose their movement points to 1% and there is nothing you can do once it happens. Can something be done about it ? Whats the idea behind it ? Was it made to favour AI in some way ?
    Hi Shadow, I'll look into the issue and answer you once I'll be back home (some one week time).
    The trait was not made to favour the AI but rather to make the player care for his agents.
    By "manual check" you mean there's no information about an agent losing health?
    In any case it should not happen so often.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    JoC
    Hi shadowtwinz,
    coming back to you:
    I think the problem of the Agent's health was as I've put it in this thread. It should hopefully be fixed.

Default CTD at turn 52 --> 53 as Kiev Rus

When the AI turn ends I always CTD, no matter what I did before the turn. Where should I send the save file? I like this mod and its features, but being unable to continue is sooo annoying! I get the message M2TW encountered an inspecified error and will now exit.

Blog Entries

Check the 1st post of this thread and follow the instructions to post your log. Without it, there's not much we can do for you.
    Also, are you using the patch as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Check the 1st post of this thread and follow the instructions to post your log. Without it, there's not much we can do for you.
    Also, are you using the patch as well?
    Thanks for your help.
    I have win10 and steam version of the game. It is installed outside program files folder and sslauncher.exe is at win7 compatibility. I have the patch and no other mods installed. I managed to get past round 52 by loading a save 2 rounds before it and doing some things differently, but then again at round 54 CTD after rebels turn. Nothing could fix it. Here is the zipped log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Me, I cannot see anything in the log. Maybe you can upload a save - and one of the previous saves?