Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I'll check all these issues once I'm done with the implementation of JoC minimods. That's the priority for nlw to let others devs able to work on their part
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Between the trace log, bovi's general checker and squid's script checker you can usually reduce crash causes dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Wow, that's a substantial number of non fatal errors, apparently all SSHIP based (FLNearCapital is not in the original EDCT). Suggest to attend to them asap before they accumulate into something fatal.

The crash happens an eternity after germanicus' script got triggered, no way to narrow it down without a trace log (change entry in mod's CFG file), but I guess it could have to do with a script part. Wild guess without the trace log.
    not 100% if this is what you meant if not please let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

I've tried Squid's Script Checker but it didn't find any mistake. I'll give atry to Bovi's one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

It looks like a battle (without prior war state) ended badly, possibly a wipe out of leader and heir (and no one else to inherit) in the same (siege) battle, which leads to a EDCT related crash, see bovi's note: "WhenToTest BecameFactionLeader. This causes crashes when a faction leader dies in the battle when the last faction settlement falls!"
    Code:
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/generic/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga.dds
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [trace] file open,,24CBFA90,,not found
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,217308
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,,,-217308
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.940 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    This is just a few lines above it:
    Code:
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Venice> fired
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VeniceCrushed> fired
    Follow up what happens at the script here, it appears to be connected:
    Code:
    00:03:18.895 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 5563 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Gigantus, what happens if at the start of the game a faction has only FL, but no FH? If the FL dies would a random general named FL?

heres another log in this one i managed to make it to turn 4 before ctd not sure if it will help but i figure more info is always useful
    also is there anything you recommend i do i know basically nothing about modding but willing to dabble

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Gigantus, what happens if at the start of the game a faction has only FL, but no FH? If the FL dies would a random general named FL?
    Nope, that's game over. Either there is already an FH (the first, non FL, family member in descr_strat will automatically be appointed) or there is none, even in a teutonic tree. I remember reading something about parallel family trees (entries in descr_strat not connecting to initial family tree) that might take over in a case like, but can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by mekal View Post
    heres another log in this one i managed to make it to turn 4 before ctd not sure if it will help but i figure more info is always useful
    also is there anything you recommend i do i know basically nothing about modding but willing to dabble
    Very likely the same base:
    Code:
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 4395 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 4414 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Venice> fired
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VeniceCrushed> fired
    Following up in the EDCT (export_descr_character_traits.txt ) what conditions those trigger have could shed some light.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 28, 2019 at 04:34 AM.

hello, i have installed sship correctly but the game crashes to desktop after the first loading screen. i have added my error log.

Blog Entries

I'll get a look at it and will revert to you asap

Blog Entries

Looks like the installation went wrong.
    1. Can you confirm you have downloaded all files as per the installation instructions?

2. wWhere is your original game installed?

3. What path have you specified during the installation of SSHIP?

Another way to install SSHIP is to have a clean install of SS6.3 plus SS6.4.
    Run SS setup as per instructions (early era, savage AI,etc...)
    Then, run SSHIP installer but extrzct the files into a temporary folder.
    Merged the obtained data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.
    SSHIP v0.9.5 cwill be then installed on top of it.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 04, 2019 at 02:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Start by NOT using the 'americas' method to run a mod for Steam, check here for the correct procedure to install Stainless Steel, including how to make it (and every following mod) Steam compatible.

Blog Entries

Ah, that's where that "america" came from. I've been wondering why it was appearing in his log. Hence my questions about the game location
    The link of your tuto is also given in the OP. May be I should copy it in the Installation Instructions as well

Regarding Custom Battles:

- The Portuguese have access to the following units only when selecting All Periods: Light Men at Arms, Arbalest Militia, Crossbowmen, Urban Crossbow Militia, Halberd Militia, Merchant Cavalry Militia and Basilisk.

- Every point in Armor Upgrade makes the units cost 100% more in regards to their base value, but 1 of these upgraded units cannot win against 2, 3 or 4 (depending on the number of upgrades) of the same unit with no upgrades.

- When pitching 1 unit of Tabardatiyya (871 Florins) vs. 1 unit of Halberdiers (915 Florins) or 1 unit of Portuguese Foot Knights (1033 Florins), the Tabardatiyya unit always win in a Grassy Plain scenario.

Blog Entries

We haven't worked on the Customs Battles. Priority is given to the campaign for now
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 06, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It looks like a battle (without prior war state) ended badly, possibly a wipe out of leader and heir (and no one else to inherit) in the same (siege) battle, which leads to a EDCT related crash, see bovi's note: "WhenToTest BecameFactionLeader. This causes crashes when a faction leader dies in the battle when the last faction settlement falls!"
    Code:
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/generic/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga.dds
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [trace] file open,,24CBFA90,,not found
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,217308
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,,,-217308
    00:03:18.940 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    This is just a few lines above it:
    Code:
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Venice> fired
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VeniceCrushed> fired
    Follow up what happens at the script here, it appears to be connected:
    Code:
    00:03:18.895 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 5563 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    I'm currently trying to fix the reported issues in SSHIP for the next release. Regarding the issue reported above, the faulty line mentioned in the script (#5563) is as follow (the red part):
    Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnStart CharacterIsLocal
            and Trait ArmyCost > 0

console_command add_money -1000

end_monitor
    I can't see the relation with Venice

Found more units that have non-existent/out of date entries in the EDSUV.txt
    These units need updated entries and also need 'accent Arabic' added to their EDU.txt entry so that they're properly voiced for all factions:
    Berber Archers/Berber Javelinmen/Berber Light Cavalry(should update from Desert to Berber)
    African Archers/African Spearmen(should update from Nubian to African)
    African Javelinmen/African Tribal Warriors(should update from Sudanese to African)
    Lamtuna Spearmen just need the EDU entry update. '

These units have no entries in the EDSUV at all:
    Caballeros Villanos/Hidalgos/Axe Militia/Prussian Archers/Men At Arms/Foot Men At Arms
    Axe and Sword Mailed Foot Knights/Miles/Miles Pedites/Norman Serjeants/Fyrd Spearmen.
    I think Heavy Turkopole archers, Berber Pikemen, and the Georgian units might have nothing in there either.

And that's all I've found for now.
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; July 13, 2019 at 02:46 AM.

Blog Entries

I'll check them. Many thanks for listing them.
    Btw, do you use an english version of the game or not?

Don't remember if it was a result of me messing around in export_descr_guilds, but building buildings in the stable and tourney line doesn't actually seem to increase points for the Horse Breeder's guild.

Blog Entries

I need to check but for sure some guilds mechanics seem to be broken somehow