Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hmmm... Tour 280 with Venice... I wonder if this could be related to a typo in the battle_models.modeldb ... Belovèse found this error regarding a "heavy_infantry" unit from venice. Here is the error:
    model DB 22078: (Entry venetian_heavy_infantry_ug2) Assigned non-exist primary skeleton mtw2_advmace
    We should see if replacing advmace with mace can solve the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Hmmm... Tour 280 with Venice... I wonder if this could be related to a typo in the battle_models.modeldb ... Belovèse found this error regarding a "heavy_infantry" unit from venice. Here is the error:

We should see if replacing advmace with mace can solve the problem...
    Don't know, but my guess is with a missing historical event, I think it was the point of patch H for sship 097 IIRC? And applying patch H on top of 098 alpha (the january version) might create new source of CTD in turn...
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

First of all a belated thanks for checking my previous save - had some problems with my system last time, after a restart it worked This time, i got sth. new: Turn 58 with Leon and Castile, got constant crash during the rebels turn. Reloaded several times (7-8+), even restarted my computer (maybe it was a pure coincidence but it helped one time regarding the other save).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, don't know if this is a bug or not but the halberd general unit for the Scottish in custom games have no skins and are just shiny metallic. I am using Kostic's skin mod if that affects it.

Don't know why I called it a General unit, it's only a Men at Arms Anyway it appears on closer inspection that if any level of armour is applied that the unit losses its skin. Just making the powers that be aware just in case it is an unknown issue.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Tip for the team: use withnwar's and\or bovi's checker to pick up stuff like missing historic_event text and missing unit textures (silver surfers).

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Minerva-5799 View Post
    Hey, don't know if this is a bug or not but the halberd general unit for the Scottish in custom games have no skins and are just shiny metallic. I am using Kostic's skin mod if that affects it.
    Thanks for the report, that's helpfull and definitely something we can fix easily-ish!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Tip for the team: use withnwar's and\or bovi's checker to pick up stuff like missing historic_event text and missing unit textures (silver surfers).
    Thanks for the tip Gigantus, actually since you made me discover Bovi's checker I've been exploring it, and we talk a few days ago with kostic about fixing the silver surfers before releasing the next sship version. So I'll also have a look for missing event text!

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    I'm already using the version which includes all the patches from 10. 1. 2021, downloaded from meganz. The last time I thought i had to put patch H on top of it, I broke my game with Pisa on turn 9 or so (posted about it some 2 weeks ago). Tried again replacing the two historic events file from patch H and it still wouldn't pass the turn 280.
    Same experience with the HRE. When I apply the patch H from the very beginning, the game permanently CTD already in the first 10-15 turns. I had to remove the patch H files to get to turn 280 where nothing can get me passed, with or without patch H!
    At Belovese: sorry for the late feedback, but it seems you have achieved what you were trying to regarding the patriarchs for Byzantium; you hardly get one of them apart from the Ecumenical.

Quote Originally Posted by stefdim7 View Post
    Same experience with the HRE. When I apply the patch H from the very beginning, the game permanently CTD already in the first 10-15 turns. I had to remove the patch H files to get to turn 280 where nothing can get me passed, with or without patch H!
    At Belovese: sorry for the late feedback, but it seems you have achieved what you were trying to regarding the patriarchs for Byzantium; you hardly get one of them apart from the Ecumenical.
    Thanks for the report about Patriarchs, it's the first I've seen and it's really helpful for me to know it is working!

About patch H and version 10.1.2021: these are two different versions, so it explains the problems you have.
    - Patch H is meant for SSHIP 097, it is some bugfixes we added following bug reports and findings from the team
    - Version 10.1.2021 is SSHIP 098 alpha! Well, sort of: it if a "one folder install" Jurand put together to help people having trouble with the standard (and quite lengthy) SSHIP installation. This 10.1.2021 version was based on his current version at the date, and we were already working on version 098, so that's why I call it "alpha".

So that's why applying a patch meant for 097 on 098 alpha can break things, but version 10.1.2021 was by no means polished ans bug free either.

But, and I'm just speaking on my own behalf, work on 098 is going well; so new release is to be expected more in weeks/month times than in month/years times! Not very precise, I know, but that's intended

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Minerva-5799 View Post
    Don't know why I called it a General unit, it's only a Men at Arms Anyway it appears on closer inspection that if any level of armour is applied that the unit losses its skin. Just making the powers that be aware just in case it is an unknown issue.
    Thanks to the work of Belovèse and the Bovi's Checker I am in the process of repairing the silver surfers still present in the game.

After having gave up my Venise campaign 100 turns + due to constant CTD, I recently backed to the mod for a fresh English run.

Crash in the first 10 turns...Reboot the campaign 5 times, same problem. Have reinstalled 2 times SSHIP with patch (followed the tutorial in the DL page), same problem. Have checked without and with KCC095, same problem.

I went to uninstall the mod, I will wait a more stable version. 0.96 was far more stable...
    I may try the full 0.98 version DL offered in the DL page, when my motivation will back.
    I am also playing the ROTK 4.5, I got 0 crash. Kinda frustrating :/
    Last edited by MikeFriks; March 13, 2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    After having gave up my Venise campaign 100 turns + due to constant CTD, I recently backed to the mod for a fresh English run.

Crash in the first 10 turns...Reboot the campaign 5 times, same problem. Have reinstalled 2 times SSHIP with patch (followed the tutorial in the DL page), same problem. Have checked without and with KCC095, same problem.

I went to uninstall the mod, I will wait a more stable version. 0.96 was far more stable...
    I may try the full 0.98 version DL offered in the DL page, when my motivation will back.
    I am also playing the ROTK 4.5, I got 0 crash. Kinda frustrating :/
    Sorry to hear that, I hope the next version we're working on will be more stable. That said, I had very few crashes these past month with SSHIP, could you share your save and log with us please? It will help us find bugfixes.
    I really hope the 098 will be enjoyable for you, we're currently tidying up the mod, not adding new things, soi I may not be long before release.
    We'll also go for a simpler install method, hoping to avoid install problems for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Sorry to hear that, I hope the next version we're working on will be more stable. That said, I had very few crashes these past month with SSHIP, could you share your save and log with us please? It will help us find bugfixes.
    I really hope the 098 will be enjoyable for you, we're currently tidying up the mod, not adding new things, soi I may not be long before release.
    We'll also go for a simpler install method, hoping to avoid install problems for the players.
    Ah sorry I already deleted everything. I am looking forward the next version, the mod is very excellent, I was disgusted to have discarded my Venise run.

Ah sorry I already deleted everything. I am looking forward the next version, the mod is very excellent, I was disgusted to have discarded my Venise run.
    I understand, it can be really frustrating! but maybe the next time send us the log and save, and we'll see if we can do something. Sometimes we can move the save forward one turn even if we don't find the source of bug, so at least the player can resume his campaign. So I hope we'll see you soon for the new release!

I understand, it can be really frustrating! but maybe the next time send us the log and save, and we'll see if we can do something. Sometimes we can move the save forward one turn even if we don't find the source of bug, so at least the player can resume his campaign. So I hope we'll see you soon for the new release!
    Indeed, I went a bit fast to delete. So I went to download the full pack 0.98 with everything inside and I will give it a try tonight to see if I have crashes.

Alright, happy to hear that, keep in mind that the full pack 098 is still in beta though.
    It is pretty stable, but there may be random CTD due to the civil war script. I've been tracking those, but my feeling is that the civil war is kind of hit-and-miss.
    Good news is that this script is random, so it's CTD you can usually solve by reloading until it reaches the new turn.
    Not the best solution, I know, but better than nothing!

Alright, happy to hear that, keep in mind that the full pack 098 is still in beta though.
    It is pretty stable, but there may be random CTD due to the civil war script. I've been tracking those, but my feeling is that the civil war is kind of hit-and-miss.
    Good news is that this script is random, so it's CTD you can usually solve by reloading until it reaches the new turn.
    Not the best solution, I know, but better than nothing!
    As promised, I tried again now. England campaign, turn 5 got a crash, reload as you said, could pass the turn.
    Turn 6 or 7 however, crash. Reload, crash. alt + f4, tired.

Here you can find the save and both last log of the crash.

https://fil.email/Emj5gnQa

PS : it sucks to use file sharing in this forum.

As promised, I tried again now. England campaign, turn 5 got a crash, reload as you said, could pass the turn.

You're right, file sharing does suck!

I'm sorry, I could not load your save, the build on my computer is too different from the one in the download. I confess I thought of keeping this build in place for debugging, but I needed space to keep a specific version of SSHIP to run my venitian campaign: I got tired of playing only test campaign about 15 turn long!

Maybe someone else can have a look and see if they can get through the turn?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've uploaded and run it - on the first try no crash. Here's turn 7. I've had an impression that the turn time was long, though.

I'm always sharing with mega.nz, and uploading pics on imgur. No problems, fast.

@Belo: it's what I'd learnt in the past: keep copies with the past versions of the SSHIP for some time, as players have problems with various versions.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 14, 2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Belo: it's what I'd learnt in the past: keep copies with the past versions of the SSHIP for some time, as players have problems with various versions.
    You're absolutely right! I tried to, but I have a small drive in my computer (250gb) and didn't want to use external drives.

Now that I'm using Subversion I'll be able to easily revert to a past version of sship though. Well, starting from the current version at least!

About the save: was there a civil war happening in turn 7?