Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Cephalophore View Post
    Thanks, Jurand. Game/life saver.
    I did proofread your post, not sure if you saw. Would be rude for me not to.
    Thanks, Cephalophore, I've actually overlooked it. Now it's in the game. Cumans are still in, at this is the name we use. I agree that it should rather be Kiptchak (in Turkish). Maybe we'll change it? I don't know.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 28, 2020 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks for your effort and work Jurand!!! Now the sship gameplay continue!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thanks Jurand! Can't play today, tomorrow I'll have all day and I'm already relishing it! Cheers

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Confirming it works flawlessly, also i love the improved trait system , much more organised . Cheers to the team once again

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    Thanks, I was able to get past turn 72 without issue. Haven't played any further than that yet.
    !!!

A small question for JoC : seems that almost all of my generals aquire or already get Ignorant trait. Is this coincidental or is something fishy here? So far i noticed almost every general has this trait in my kingdom

Also ,one of my starting generals had ,,Hero of Scotland'' even though he was French hahaha but i didnt see any of those traits on newer spawned generals so its fine

@Jurand of Cracow : I really appreciate the functionality work done with this version 0.9.6. Thank you very much for your work !

However, there are still some inconsistencies:
    1- My general made a courageous outing, accompanied by a unit of knights, during the siege of Caen by a rebel army. Not far from 300 rebels are killed while my army loses less than 50 men and my general is not injured ... Except that he obtains a trait which does not correspond at all to the situation. (see my screenshot below)

2- Another problem, already mentioned but persistent: the Duke of Troyes has been immobilized for 16 turns ! I understand that he revolts against his overlord, but 8 years seem excessive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    1- My general made a courageous outing, accompanied by a unit of knights, during the siege of Caen by a rebel army. Not far from 300 rebels are killed while my army loses less than 50 men and my general is not injured ... Except that he obtains a trait which does not correspond at all to the situation. (see my screenshot below)
    Maybe:
    - he didn't fight personally? He needs to kill at least 2 guys.
    - the battle odds were in your favour? (not the number of fighters, but odds - if you had 60 Knights and there're 300 Peasants, then the odds could have been still too much)

But I think I'll lower that 50% probability, it's too much.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;-------- Coward from Battles -------------
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger BattleCoward1_No_Killed_Enemies
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    and BattleOdds <= 5
    and GeneralFoughtInCombat
    and GeneralNumKillsInBattle < 2

Affects Coward 1 Chance 5

Trigger BattleCoward4_Only_Weak_Enemies
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    and BattleOdds <= 5
    and BattleOdds >= 2
    and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 50

Affects Coward 1 Chance 50

2- Another problem, already mentioned but persistent: the Duke of Troyes has been immobilized for 16 turns ! I understand that he revolts against his overlord, but 8 years seem excessive to me.
    Well, I didn't want to get into this issue as I believe it's the usurper system and it's VineFynn's job. But maybe I'll have a look. The whole system requires enormous time to understand and then to assess probabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    A small question for JoC : seems that almost all of my generals aquire or already get Ignorant trait. Is this coincidental or is something fishy here? So far i noticed almost every general has this trait in my kingdom

Also ,one of my starting generals had ,,Hero of Scotland'' even though he was French hahaha but i didnt see any of those traits on newer spawned generals so its fine
    Most of the young generals should have Ignorant trait. And you need to send them to school immediately so they get rid of it.

Hero - thanks for the info! This is very strange, there's no trigger for it but the script. It's only for William Wallace. Which of the generals does get it?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Administrative Education provides generals with exceptionally valuable skills for squeezing out money from the provinces and for keeping order in the settlements. It has four levels: Basic, Standard, Advanced, Master. Each religion has own names and different set of benefits attached to each level. Education can be acquired by teenagers studying in the cities with educational buildings. Especially gifted generals, the Scholars, can study longer and achieve the highest levels of education. Some education can be acquired also thanks to the on-the-job experience during their life, if they’re intelligent.

Any young general spending a whole turn in a city with school or university, and possibly with a library, can get the Administrative Education. Administratively Minded teenagers will be trained very efficiently, while the Military oriented ones may get only basic administrative levels. If a settlement has only a school, the Schooled trait is the most that can be achieved. For further studies a University is needed – if there’s non, the general has completed his education and is ready for service.

The Intelligent teenagers are likely to learn fast, while the Ignorant ones are likely to lose their ignorance while studying. Slothfulness or insanity may impede the process, while father’s traits and a few ancillaries (like Tutor or Mentor or a book) may speed it up.

During his life any general can learn things or two from the other sources – reading a book or managing a settlement with a guild or educational facilities. The main condition is that he’s got some intelligence, some other traits count as well. The Scholars will learn as adults as if they’re teenagers – until they attain the highest level of education. So keep them in a settlement with a university even if they passed 20. On the other hand, after a general passes 50 (for a scholars: 60), he’s likely to slowly forget his training due to the old age and ensuing senility.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

Well , i started a new game to check and none of the starting generals had the Hero Scotland , but they had other randomised traits ( for example in my current game King had Dislikes Engils +1 command but now he got Fears English minus 1 command) so i suppose it was randomised. I remember another guy also had Dislikes Muslims even though the game was just starting but i dont see a problem with that

OMG Shut the front door!!!!!!!! I just made it to turn 101!!! No crash! I am now highly motivated truly dedicated rompin stompin rough tough cant get enough of this SSHIP stuff!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Well , i started a new game to check and none of the starting generals had the Hero Scotland , but they had other randomised traits ( for example in my current game King had Dislikes Engils +1 command but now he got Fears English minus 1 command) so i suppose it was randomised. I remember another guy also had Dislikes Muslims even though the game was just starting but i dont see a problem with that
    That's very, very strange. The traits are not randomized...

Ignorance - I've checked the French generals and they're either Intelligent, or Know Little (which is the middle value). So I think you've meant the new generals who get the Ignorant trait.

Beside, guys, tell always which Difficulty you play. There're might be differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Maybe:
    - he didn't fight personally? He needs to kill at least 2 guys.
    - the battle odds were in your favour? (not the number of fighters, but odds - if you had 60 Knights and there're 300 Peasants, then the odds could have been still too much)

But I think I'll lower that 50% probability, it's too much.
    The rebel army was larger than that of my garrison. This one had a general as well as different lancers and at least one unit of knights on foot.
    My tactic was to charge the weakest units (archers, peasants ...), then flee before the whole army fell on me. When my men have suffered enough, I bring my knights back to the fortress and leave the battle. My general alone killed at least a dozen guys ! Perhaps it is the fact of fleeing after these courageous exploits which gives this trait ? AI privileges fleeing rather than courage in this case ?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That could be the reason why. The game sees a general back to the safe place before the end of the battle and thinks he has fled. It could have been different if left far from the battle but outside of the settlement still. Of course, this is just a possibility
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

The rebel army was larger than that of my garrison. This one had a general as well as different lancers and at least one unit of knights on foot.
    My tactic was to charge the weakest units (archers, peasants ...), then flee before the whole army fell on me. When my men have suffered enough, I bring my knights back to the fortress and leave the battle. My general alone killed at least a dozen guys ! Perhaps it is the fact of fleeing after these courageous exploits which gives this trait ? AI privileges fleeing rather than courage in this case ?
    well, this trigger might have fired then: you haven't killed enough enemies and haven't lost enough bodyguards. Coward, really coward.

Trigger BattleCoward2_Loss_Without_Fight
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
    and BattleOdds <= 5
    and not WonBattle
    and PercentageEnemyKilled < 40
    and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 50

Foederatus

Hehe I had a similar thing cca 2 weeks ago. A general and a couple of spear militias won a heroic victory, against a much larger and better army. The guy gained 7!!! ranks (not kidding, directly to golden ranks), lost 2 out of 23 bodyguards and had faltering courage at the end of the battle Started a new campaign today, with the latest patch, and around turn 28 had a crash on rebels turn, the log said this:

15:39:57.039 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SettlementBuildingExists_templars_chapter_house>
    : <settlement> is unavailable from event <CharacterComesOfAge>
    when testing <SettlementBuildingExists> condition
    15:39:57.042 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SettlementBuildingExists_st_johns_chapter_house>
    15:39:57.045 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SettlementBuildingExists_montesa_chapter_house>
    15:39:57.047 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SettlementBuildingExists_teutonic_knights_chapter_house>
    15:39:57.050 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SettlementBuildingExists_knights_of_santiago_chapter_house>

Log was much longer, this are just last lines. But the funny thing is when I reloaded, it had no problem continuing, so I'm currently at turn 60, no crashes at all after that one.

thanks, Prugalo, these errors will be fixed in the next patch.

Coward - I see it's a problem for everybody. I'll make the things easier as well.

Any more observations?

thanks, Prugalo, these errors will be fixed in the next patch.

Coward - I see it's a problem for everybody. I'll make the things easier as well.

Any more observations?
    Well i noticed this :

1. I sometimes get Faltering Courage when i auto resolve guaranteed battles , like chanche of winning 75% or so , and sometimes the general gets / deals no damage so i suppose the game keeps him in the back if there are other units to take the fight. Thats where the script you said above would kick in , understandable.

2. If you attack , the battle screen appears (the one where you choose fight on battle map or auto resolve ) if you choose to withdraw (meaning leaving the battle screen) there is a preety decent chance he recieves the trait.

3. In Kostic's case it might have been a draw , draws are seen as losses ??? since it plays the loss music and the above condition specifies and not WonBattle .

Is it safe to reinstall crimson tide mid game? Since I installed the patch it seems like many units only get bloody when they die.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Shouldn't be a problem.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

well, this trigger might have fired then: you haven't killed enough enemies and haven't lost enough bodyguards. Coward, really coward.

Code:
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and BattleOdds <= 5
           and not WonBattle    ; didn't win the battle
           and PercentageEnemyKilled < 40   ; less then 40% of enemies were killed, could be zero
    and PercentageEnemyKilled > 10   ; at least 10% of enemies were killed
           and PercentageBodyguardKilled < 50   ; less then 50% of bodyguards were killed, could be zero - illogical: the trigger will not fire if the general killed all  of the enemy but lost more then half his bodyguard
    and GeneralNumKillsInBattle > 4   ; number of kills by general

Looks like some logic issue, see commenting. You were aiming for 'more then' according to your post but are testing for 'less than'.
    I think red is the issue - all the other conditions indicate army and not bodyguard action. Add the green line to specify general's kills and I would also add the blue condition to establish a minimum kill percentage overall. Suggestion:
    Code:
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and BattleOdds <= 5
           and GeneralNumKillsInBattle < 4   ; killed less then 4 enemies

; -------------------------

Trigger BattleCoward3_Loss_Without_Fight
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
           and BattleOdds <= 5
           and not GeneralFoughtInCombat   ; did not fight in battle

Last edited by Gigantus; January 30, 2020 at 10:44 PM.