Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Thank you for battling this problem JOC. However i got another crash , different this time

17:56:55.086 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:56:55.086 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    17:56:55.089 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:56:55.089 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:56:55.090 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:56:55.090 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:56:55.091 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:56:55.091 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:57:07.492 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    17:57:33.345 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    18:00:16.460 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 7136, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    diplomatic_stance rum serbia neutral
    err: diplomatic_stance stance unknown

18:05:24.524 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I know it becomes ridiculous but hell idk what to do, it happens after my faction ends the turn !!! 57 !!! . Turn 55/56 works ok but on 57 the game dies
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; December 12, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hmm, I've got good and bad news.

It seems that the problem reported in your previous log is gone:

09:09:08.818 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45319, column 12
    Trait not recognised
    09:09:08.819 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45437, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    09:09:08.819 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45461, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    09:09:17.152

And this was the problem related to the pagan priest traits. So I've fixed my part. However, the new problem's appeared (or rather was present before):

18:00:16.460 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 7136, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    diplomatic_stance rum serbia neutral
    err: diplomatic_stance stance unknown

This is unfortunately not my business (I haven't modified script part), but looks maybe like Lifth's (changes "Kingdom of Georgia has its entries named "georgia" instead "timurid"). However, I don't know if this is the reason for CTD (there's 5 seconds break...)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Gents, note that I've updated the download page with the latest patch of JoC

@ JoC, VineFynn has also reviewed the factions relations. But will check if it's due to the names update anyway

Edit: can't find the problem. Above and under that line, there are similar entries with serbia. Script is definitively not my stuff Anyone knows what "historic_event New_Mindset_rum" refers to?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hmm the 2nd time i reloaded the save and CTD got nothing on the log

19:33:44.154 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    19:33:44.154 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    19:33:44.157 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:33:44.157 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:33:44.158 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:33:44.158 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:33:44.159 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:33:44.159 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    19:34:02.420 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    19:34:35.266 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Maybe the save is done for , ill start again....for the 3rd time ahahahaha , lets see if i encounter anymore problems

Lifth, this might a good trace. The name of the event is: historic_event New_Mindset_rum
    but the description related to turks, not rum. And the descriptions have to be very precise, I know it from introduction of my historical events with explanations of the game mechanics.

{NEW_MINDSET_TURKS_BODY} \n\n Lacking glory and success with it's former actions, the new leader of the seljuks has decided to erase diplomatic ties and cease fire with its former enemies. Our spies are unsure wether this will lead them to glory or into their final demise...
    {NEW_MINDSET_TURKS_TITLE} A New Era for the Seljuks?

EDIT: wrong conclusion, there's for rum:

{NEW_MINDSET_RUM_BODY} \n\n Lacking glory and success with it's former actions, the new leader of the rum-seljuks has decided to erase diplomatic ties and cease fire with its former enemies. Our spies are unsure wether this will lead them to glory or into their final demise...
    {NEW_MINDSET_RUM_TITLE} A New Era for Rum?

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Playing with Byzantium, always get a CTD after the 57th round...
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Yep, there you go, i think the script is shot and has a conflict there , it cant be a coincidence my game ctds as well on 57 turn

I also get CTDs from your file, Nemesis:
    23:21:56.279 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    23:21:56.299 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    23:21:56.299 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    23:21:56.917 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

@Antonius, upload your save as well, pls - for comparison purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Guys I've found a mistake, I've fixed it. This file should work, but I haven't run it.

@sananeula - your log doesn't show the crash, re-upload pls if the fix doesn't work. Also upload save if possible then - I'll be testing it in the evening.
    I used your file. And my game is still crashing at 64. turn (Imperium Romanum's turn). I am playing with Scot.

Here is the log: https://ufile.io/ocpi2xiu
    Here is the save: https://ufile.io/wudb3823

"08:49:56.993 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 10316 in mods/SSHIP v.09.6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt08:49:57.573 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

But it moved forward as compared with the previous save, right?

Anyway, the crash seems to be related to the same problem as signalled by Antonius and Nemesis - something in the code. And I think I you might provided the clue (again :-)

----
    monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    and NumBuildingsCompleted teutonic_knights_minor_ch > 3

historic_event serbia

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

------

Perhaps it should not be "serbia" but "teutonic_order". I think Lifth will look into it.

But it moved forward as compared with the previous save, right?
    Yes it is still same save game. When i get ctd, i used your first fix and moved on same save game.

try this: put this file into folder \data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

try this: put this file into folder \data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    I got CTD again.

Here is the log: https://ufile.io/ryw8zpbf

By the way thanks for everything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Without your log with your config file updated as explained in the OP, we can't do much

Quote Originally Posted by sananeula View Post
    I got CTD again.

Here is the log: https://ufile.io/ryw8zpbf

By the way thanks for everything.
    If you use the last file sent by JoC (campaign_scrip) then you need to start a new campaign. That's absolutly not save game compatible
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 13, 2019 at 03:11 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    f you use the last file sent by JoC (campaign_scrip) then you need to start a new campaign. That's absolutly not save game compatible
    Ah yes, I've forgotten that script is not like edct file, true, new campaign required...

Ah yes, I've forgotten that script is not like edct file, true, new campaign required...
    Thanks...

I have a second thought how to make you progressing your campaign (I mean: passing it after turn 64).

1. restore that original campaign_script (if you don't have a save, it's here)
    2. put into the folder data/text this file.

Use your previous save (I mean that with 63 turns) to see, if it works.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 13, 2019 at 05:38 AM.

I have a second thought how to make you progressing your campaign (I mean: passing it after turn 64).

1. restore that original campaign_script (if you don't have a save, it's here)
    2. put into the folder data/text this file.

Use your previous save (I mean that with 63 turns) to see, if it works.
    Coming with feedback : Yes, it fixed my save (the one i sent to you JoC) i got to turn 64 without any CTD or whatever .

HOWEVER : Seems all my priests were ranked +1 , let me explain:

All my priests turned into bishops , all my bishops turned into Cardinals and all my Cardinals turned into Antipopes :/ . That said, the games still behaves them as what they were, for example i sent a ,,Cardinal'' to a heretic and it fell for it , however their title shows they are Cardinals they dont have the ability Cardinals do, no they show up in the College of Cardinals pannel.

Edit: 1. On an older save on my 2nd campaign around turn 38 , seems all my priests turned into bishops but the Cardinals are still Cardinals (they have the trait). However 1 of them doesnt show in the Cardinal College panel even if he has the Cardinal trait and looks and abilities.

2. Other factions seems to be ok , they still have priests as usual on the map , only my faction got affected it seems.
    3. This affects both older and new campaigns it seems , however it doesnt impact the game at all other than creating confusion of them having wrong texture skin, they behave as what they were recruited ( as i said , sent a priest turned into cardinal skin and he fell to heresy as usual, no new traits were added, just the skin and title were of Cardinal, but he had the abilities of a low ranking priest or bishop)

Should i restart a campaign from 0 now that it seems to be fixed? What do you think? I will keep feedback if smth else breaks in the meantime . Thank you for time and work JoC and Lifth !
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; December 13, 2019 at 06:14 AM.

Hi Nemesis,
    1. I think we understand now the problem that I've fixed in my file. Or at least me - in my understanding it was related to the text file concerning historical event and it seems to work for you.
    2. the other problem I've fixed before was related to a pagan trait. There were discrepancies but it should work now - it's save compatible.
    3. the problem with cardinals is strange as I've left the system unchanged. It's great you're reporting it, I'll have a look.

Keep up with your campaign, I don't think it makes any difference if you start now a new one.

@saneneula, @Antonius - can you move forward with your campaigns as well?

Blog Entries

Quick tip again: for the .txt files in the text folder, there's an associated .bin file.
    For those who have a disk version of the game, that's not a problem. Import JoC file and delete the relevant .bin file (historic_events.bin). Start the game. The game will generate a new .bin file based on its relevant .txt file.
    However, that process might not be possible for the Steam version of the game. If it's the case, let us know and we'll provide the .bin file as well