Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

beautiful

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Good job MWY
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Sweet

at least less orange for the new Almoravid roster

great !

Fantastic cant wait .

Default Changing faction's religion

I have a question.

How can i change a faction's religion from orthodox to catholic?

I'm playing Serbia and i wonder if there is a way to change that and play serbia as catholic faction and go to crusades and can be elected to be a pope and so on.

Please tell me how to do that if this is not a problem of course.

Regards

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jefrey91 View Post
    I have a question.

How can i change a faction's religion from orthodox to catholic?

I'm playing Serbia and i wonder if there is a way to change that and play serbia as catholic faction and go to crusades and can be elected to be a pope and so on.

Please tell me how to do that if this is not a problem of course.

Regards
    Jefrey91, please post that kind of subject in the general discussion thread. We're tyring to keep the sub-forum "clear" for an easier "management" of it. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Regarding your question, that's not a problem as long as you do the changes for your own use. The reason is simple: making Serbia as a Catholic faction is not historically accurate and so, doesn't match our goal.
    Technically, you will need to modify several files. I think the easiest way for you to do it, is to read this tutorial:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post2003287
    or this one (in which the religion change is explained as well):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post3113625
    Hope it helps.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Ok Folks, here is a quick update:
    I've finally managed to complete the new factions names update (or entries) in the relevant files between real life imperatives. So, the other guys from the team will be able to merge their stuff with mine.

At present, I'll work on some banners. First, the Fatimids' banners: they're not accurate and I've found some good stuff that I can use. 2nd, the Rûm banners for the same reason. Unfortunately, sources are a lot less numerous and accurate compare the ones for Fatimids.

Hi guys, playing Denmark and found a misspelling at the unit desciption of royal hirdsmen. At some place during the description, it says "ofr" when it should say "for".
    Thx for a great mod.

Blog Entries

Many thanks Mortenstef for pointing this out. I'll check it.

hey guys! Are you considering about dividing the muslim factions into different sects(shia,sunni...)? That's historically more accurate. Imams then will have to worry about sectarianism in addition to christianity and herasy thus making the game a little bit hard(as a muslim faction) but also more exciting

Blog Entries

That would be good. However, I'm not sure it can be done easily. If I remember well, the game religion limit is 10 and the culture limit is 7. Theoritically, it should be possible but I think it requieres some work.

Default Awesome Submod

To the team, appreciate all your hard work delivering us this sub mod. I have been glued to my computer the last week playing it. So good.

Looking forward to new releases.

Cheers,
    Chickenfetus

MatVego's Avatar Civis

I think that the provinces Brandenburg and Szczecin, should be independent and should prevail there pagan religion (70-80%), because in these areas at the time(789-1163) lived pagan Veleti. They were conquered in 1160-1663 by allied with Denmark Duke of Saxony, Henry the Lion.

I found the map only with polish subtitles.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
    - Benjamin Franclin (1706-1790)
    "The best fortress which a prince can possess is the affection of his people."
    -
    Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527)
    "A Nation That Does Not Respect His Past, Does Not Deserve Respect Of The Present And Has No Right To The Future."
    -Józef Piłsudski (1867-1935)

According to wiki, poland conquered Szczecin and the area around it at around 1100.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wartislaw_I

Brandenburg was ruled by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pribislav-Henry, but he was atleast allied to the neighbouring hre.

So I'm not really sure about making those 2 regions rebels.

According to various German sites and wikipedia, Brandenburg was allied to the HRE since 1127 and the Slav ruler of Mecklenburg a vasal of the HRE from 1147 onwards. Both regions were christianized and integrated into the HRE afterwards until the end of the 12th century. There don't seem to be that many maps online, but this one shows the situation in the 11th century: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...d/HRR_10Jh.jpg

Because of the growing expansion of the HRE it seems right to make the region part of the HRE as SSHIP did. It would be OK to make them independant, too, but rather pointless without being able to play a pagan Slav central European faction (as it is possible in Crusader Kings - that would be fun).

i have been enjoying this submod with my last HRE campaign, however i cannot help but see that the campaign feels painfully slow for the western factions as it takes about 150 turns to get feudal troops, moreover im at turn 260 (year 1252) and im unable to recruit the HRE unique units because they appear too late in the campaign (the same happens with France, Spanish factions, the italians and the english), so im stuck with feudal troops without plate, and it seems i will complete the campaign (playing on H/H) without ever using the unique`s faction roster. I know this is made like this for historical accuracy but i think it would be most benefitial to remove most of those late units (from 1300 and so on) and create new ones that players can use early on.

Blog Entries

It's on its way. Ichon has "cleaned" the EDU, removing these late era units and has obtained quite a lot of free slots. That opens to us more options than I originally thought. However, we will need to create or use new units and it might take a while before it's fully implemented.

I have a little question about the Mongols and Timur. The vanilla game contains the Mongols and the Timurids, but I can't finde any evidences about the Timurids in SS or SSHIP. Are these two factions now one = Mongols (but they fought each other) or do you just deleted the Timurids. I ask because the campaign ends in 1560 and Timurs invasion happend in ~1400.