Page 32 of 361 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782132 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alganor View Post
    Do you plan to implement magyar mod?
    Not in a short term period. They're very strict for sharing their work and I'm not sure we have reached yet the level they require.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

roman lovers, i have a question
    wich is your usual field army ? (playing as the true romans from the east, ERE)
    i am using alot of levy units and some light cav however i am looking for a more professional army

i am right now trying to recreate the mighty roman empire at it's full glory

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    roman lovers, i have a question
    wich is your usual field army ? (playing as the true romans from the east, ERE)
    i am using alot of levy units and some light cav however i am looking for a more professional army

i am right now trying to recreate the mighty roman empire at it's full glory

Depends on where you are in the game. It's important to remember you will need an armory in Constantinople before you can get your elite units around 100 turns into the game. I really like having a good mix of scoutai, second level archers, horse archers, and then a couple of general units, and one or two light cavalry units for the cleanup. Was enough for me to win any battle until around turn 120.

will try that combo, thanks
    turn 156, i have rum and serbia as vassals, and conquered turkey, outremer, south of italy and i am going for egypt
    never built anything in constantinople but i am pretty sure every armory there is already built
    now i have been seing all their units in the custom battles and i am not able to recruit some units like pronoiari and scholari, after wich turn can i recruit these beasts ?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

TW is all about rewriting history.
    So.... I wanted to know if you guys could add Late period units to factions which die out earlier.
    Give Byzantines, Fatimids, Zengids, Crusaders, Kwarzmians, etc, plausible units that they would likely have had if they had survived into the 16th century.

fatihkrmn's Avatar Laetus

Icon14 Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

The most interesting and smart AI I've ever seen...
    Sicilians taking Dublin, Fatimids conquering south of Italy, Portugal taking Genoa...I'm shocked, magnificent work guys.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by fatihkrmn View Post
    The most interesting and smart AI I've ever seen...
    Sicilians taking Dublin, Fatimids conquering south of Italy, Portugal taking Genoa...I'm shocked, magnificent work guys.
    Post map! I love to see other players' campaigns.

Questions to the heads of the project:
    1. Can you post your whole project together with stainless steel 6.4. All players without exception will be for this idea.
    2. When finally released a new version?
    3. In your project inserted the last AI From germanicu and settlements too?

Was looking at the Campaign map v SS 6.4, it looks a though there are not as many provinces in your map, is this the case?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    Questions to the heads of the project:
    1. Can you post your whole project together with stainless steel 6.4. All players without exception will be for this idea.
    2. When finally released a new version?
    3. In your project inserted the last AI From germanicu and settlements too?
    1. Do you mean making a download with SS6.4 included? We have already discussed that point with MWY. The main problem is that the total size of the download will be important and I'm not able yet to make several files as the SS team did. So, if we do that, it won't be before a while.
    2. when it's ready.
    3. MWY has made a specific AI for SSHIP. I can't see the benefit of removing it. That would mean that all the work done by MWYand the numerous hours he spent onit was for nothing. Not really fair for MWY. Also, I think that the AI made by MWY is pretty good. Regarding the Settlement Tweak, it is not compatible in its current version with SSHIP.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Was looking at the Campaign map v SS 6.4, it looks a though there are not as many provinces in your map, is this the case?
    We have currently 200 provinces if I remember it correctly. That means that we have reached the game limit. We can't do it better, can we?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    We have currently 200 provinces if I remember it correctly. That means that we have reached the game limit. We can't do it better, can we?
    199 provinces + the sea.

It might look like fewer on the map compared to SS because there are more factions in SSHIP? But I dunno.

SSHIP is much better anyhow.

Thanks..it just looked like (from pictures) some of the desert regions were not broken up as much....however the map looks fantastic and the mod is right up my street...my game arrives this week, i might crack straight on with this mod once i've played a few SS 6.4 games to remind myself. Are the unit sizes the same as SS 6.4 or larger?

Blog Entries

Thanks..it just looked like (from pictures) some of the desert regions were not broken up as much....however the map looks fantastic and the mod is right up my street...my game arrives this week, i might crack straight on with this mod once i've played a few SS 6.4 games to remind myself. Are the unit sizes the same as SS 6.4 or larger?
    The regions were choosen depending on their population at that time. That's why some of the deserts are not accessible because the population was too low.

Regarding the unit sizes, we haven't touched it but you can always set the unit size to "huge" in the game settings.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

Diplomacy is broken. The alliances and agreements you get during the first terms will be your last and final. The current state of diplomacy makes me think that even Civilization V has better negotiating terms. Which is disgraceful.

Thanks, could you provide a picture of the map with its regions / factions, the map i saw did not utilise Saudi Arabia and had very few provinces in Russia, not understanding how you can have reached the 200 limit if the map i saw of SS 6.4 had these areas with multiple regions and indeed factions present?

Also i can understand you representing the factions / regions with larger populations, but to deny access those without, makes little sence to me, as a supplied army could still cross those area's.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Minotaur View Post
    Diplomacy is broken. The alliances and agreements you get during the first terms will be your last and final. The current state of diplomacy makes me think that even Civilization V has better negotiating terms. Which is disgraceful.
    Modding can't really change the diplomacy in Medieval II. It's always been broken. There isn't much you can do about it.

Thanks, could you provide a picture of the map with its regions / factions, the map i saw did not utilise Saudi Arabia and had very few provinces in Russia, not understanding how you can have reached the 200 limit if the map i saw of SS 6.4 had these areas with multiple regions and indeed factions present?

Also i can understand you representing the factions / regions with larger populations, but to deny access those without, makes little sence to me, as a supplied army could still cross those area's.
    There is a map in the download thread, no? And many of us have posted screenshots from our games with the fog of war disabled so you can see the map. I would recommend you just download the mod and play it, so you can see for yourself.

Saudi Arabia is utilised in that there are settlements alongside the coast of the Red Sea down to Mecca and the Persian Gulf.

The limit exists in both SS 6.4 and SSHIP, it is just the distribution that is different. SSHIP, for example, has a lot more provinces in France/Germany, to reflect the higher populations of those regions. The only areas that are inaccessible are the Sahara Desert and the middle of Arabia. I don't think any army would - or did - travel through those areas, but stuck to yknow, roads and stuff.

Thanks again.....Im not receiving my copy of MTW2 until later this week, with a view to having it up and running by Friday....hence the questions in preparation.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Modding can't really change the diplomacy in Medieval II. It's always been broken. There isn't much you can do about it.
    At least in the original SS6.4 you could make a half dead faction a vassal, or after half a gazilion years of fighting you could arrange a peace agreement. You feel me?

Blog Entries

It's supposed to work on the same way in SSHIP. It might be a bug. I just hope that MWY can correct it.