Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Don't know if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it previously mentioned.
    Is there any way to recruit diplomats as the Serbs? I'd hate to have to convert my capital, as I haven't expanded eastward yet and it provides a nice defense/recruitment center.
    Hm, you're right. The diplomats are recruited from City Halls, and at the very first level, but in the current version it's not available in the castles:
    Code:
    building city_hall{
      levels town_hall council_chambers city_hall mayors_palace
      {
        town_hall city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders2 and not building_present_min_level grasslands nomad_encampment
        {
          capability
          {
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { northern_european, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { eastern_european, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { greek, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { southern_european, } and hidden_resource capital

agent_limit diplomat 0        
            agent_limit diplomat 1 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource capital

law_bonus bonus 2
            population_health_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter new_era_begins 1        
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME        
            income_bonus bonus -50
          }
          material wooden
          construction  4
          cost  2000
          settlement_min large_town
          upgrades
          {
            council_chambers
          }
        }
    You need to conquer somebody else capital (Esztergom, Constantinople, Venice) or to conquer a city and then get a Theologians' guild and be after the reforms:
    Code:
    building guild_theologians_guild{
      levels theologians_guild m_theologians_guild gm_theologians_guild
      {
        theologians_guild city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, greek, southern_european, hungary, poland, russia, kievan_rus, }
        {
          capability
          {
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { northern_european, }
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, }
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { eastern_european, }
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { greek, }
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { southern_european, }

agent_limit diplomat 1

agent_limit priest     0
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { middle_eastern, }
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter lateran_council3 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter lateran_council4 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { northern_european, } and not event_counter lateran_council4 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter lateran_council4 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { southern_european, } and not event_counter lateran_council3 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter lateran_council3 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { hungary, } and not event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { poland, } and not event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and not event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { byzantium, } and not event_counter anna_comnena 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { serbia, } and not event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and not event_counter rumi 1
            religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter rumi 1    

trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1        
          }
          material wooden
          construction  1
          cost  2000
          settlement_min city
          upgrades
    Code:
    		if I_TurnNumber = 200		and I_SettlementOwner Ras = serbia						; at least the capital is in the Serbian hands

historic_event SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA factions { byzantium, hungary, poland, hre, venice, kievan_rus, cumans, sicily, pisa, rum, }

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled serbia
    				inc_event_counter serbian3_saint_sava_player 1
    			end_if

terminate_monitor
    		end_if
    In Constantinople you'll have a university but you need the same reforms to get access to a second diplomat:
    Code:
    ;==================================================================================================================================;===================   University  ================================================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================
    ; pro memoria: Peter Lombard turn 40-56, Privilegium turn 96, science_maths_zero_europe 140, Summa 284

university city requires factions { northern_european, abbasid, egypt, turks, zengid, rum, moors, poland, hungary, russia, kievan_rus, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders4 and building_present_min_level paper paper3a_parchment and building_present_min_level temple_catholic cathedral or building_present_min_level temple_orthodox cathedral_o or building_present_min_level temple_muslim jama 
        {
          capability
          {    
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND4_LOCATION_OF_CRACOW 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1    
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1        
            agent diplomat  0  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter omar_khayyam 1

agent_limit diplomat  0
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND4_LOCATION_OF_CRACOW 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { lithuania, cumans, } and event_counter MINDAUGAS 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1    
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { byzantium, serbia, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            agent_limit diplomat  1  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter omar_khayyam 1

law_bonus bonus 4

population_growth_bonus bonus 1  requires factions { northern_european, } and not event_counter THE_BOOK_OF_SENTENCES 1         
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter THE_BOOK_OF_SENTENCES 1 and not event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1 and not event_counter summa_theologica 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 3  requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter summa_theologica 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 1  requires factions { southern_european, } and not event_counter THE_BOOK_OF_SENTENCES 1         
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter THE_BOOK_OF_SENTENCES 1 and not event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1 and not event_counter summa_theologica 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 3  requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter summa_theologica 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { hungary, poland, } and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1 and not event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { hungary, poland, } and event_counter science_maths_zero_europe 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { lithuania, cumans, } and event_counter MINDAUGAS 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1    
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1

population_growth_bonus bonus 1  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and not event_counter jazari 1
            population_growth_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter jazari 1 and not event_counter baitar 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 2  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter baitar 1 and not event_counter khaldun 1    
            population_health_bonus bonus 3  requires factions { middle_eastern, } and event_counter khaldun 1

; UPKEEP/INCOME        
            income_bonus bonus -400
          }
          material stone
          construction  12
          cost  12000
          settlement_min large_city
          upgrades
          {
            great_university
            education6_house_of_wisdom
          }
        }

The best way is to have a FL/FH daugher and use her as an diplomat. The script should give you a royal lady quite soon as you must be sometime around 1160 if you initial diplomat has died.

character Pavle, diplomat, male, age 31, x 225, y 157
    traits NaturalDiplomatSkill 2 , GoodDiplomat 1
    Code:
            if I_EventCounter serbialady > 28            ;            and I_IsFactionAIControlled serbia

log ------ can spawn serbia lady
                if I_SettlementOwner Ras = serbia
                    and RandomPercent < 5

log ------ spawn Jovanka
                    spawn_character serbia Jovanka, princess, age 19, x 225, y 157           ; Charm 4
                    console_command give_trait "Jovanka" IAmPrincess 2
                    console_command give_trait "Jovanka" Princess_Royal_Blood_Serbian 1
                    console_command give_trait "Jovanka" PrettyWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Jovanka" HumbleWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Jovanka" SpiritedWoman 1

set_event_counter serbialady 0

end_if

if I_EventCounter serbialady > 28
                    and I_SettlementOwner Skadar = serbia
                    and RandomPercent < 5

log ------ spawn Radojka
                    spawn_character serbia Radojka, princess, age 19, x 218, y 149           ; Charm 3
                    console_command give_trait "Radojka" IAmPrincess 2
                    console_command give_trait "Radojka" Princess_Royal_Blood_Serbian 1
                    console_command give_trait "Radojka" PrettyWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Radojka" GoodPrincess 1

end_if

and I_SettlementOwner Ras = serbia
                    and RandomPercent < 5

log ------ spawn Ivana
                    spawn_character serbia Ivana, princess, age 19, x 225, y 157           ; Charm 1
                    console_command give_trait "Ivana" IAmPrincess 2
                    console_command give_trait "Ivana" Princess_Royal_Blood_Serbian 1
                    console_command give_trait "Ivana" PrettyWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Ivana" PretentiousWoman 1

end_if

and RandomPercent < 5

log ------ spawn Dragica
                    spawn_character serbia Dragica, princess, age 19, x 218, y 149           ; Charm 2
                    console_command give_trait "Dragica" IAmPrincess 2
                    console_command give_trait "Dragica" Princess_Royal_Blood_Serbian 1
                    console_command give_trait "Dragica" BigotWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Dragica" HumbleWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Dragica" FaithfulWoman 1

end_if

and I_SettlementOwner Ras = serbia
                    and RandomPercent < 5

log ------ spawn Milica
                    spawn_character serbia Milica, princess, age 19, x 225, y 157            ; Charm 5
                    console_command give_trait "Milica" IAmPrincess 2
                    console_command give_trait "Milica" Princess_Royal_Blood_Serbian 1
                    console_command give_trait "Milica" PrettyWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Milica" HumbleWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Milica" SpiritedWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Milica" UnchasteWoman 1

historic_event noble_lady_spawn_serbia

end_if

and RandomPercent < 5

log ------ spawn Snezana
                    spawn_character serbia Snezana, princess, age 19, x 218, y 149           ; Charm 6
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" IAmPrincess 2
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" Princess_Royal_Blood_Serbian 1
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" PrettyWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" TolerantWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" SpiritedWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" FaithfulWoman 1
                    console_command give_trait "Snezana" FairWoman 1

historic_event noble_lady_spawn_serbia

end_if

end_if
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 11, 2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The best way is to have a FL/FH daugher and use her as an diplomat. The script should give you a royal lady quite soon as you must be sometime around 1160 if you initial diplomat has died.
    The Serbs dont start with a diplomat

Perhaps he's added during work on ver. 098 over the last couple of months. The code I've added is from my working version, so he'll be there in the 098.

Thanks. Another question: I've got the mines built in in Transylvania but I don't see the peasants as recruitable. Is this because I'm the Serbs and not Catholic?

It's because there're no Saxons yet - you must be before Ostsiedlung.
    Code:
    ; only for province Transilvania - so called Saxons:		recruit_pool "Transilvanian Peasants"  1   0.04   2  0  requires factions { hungary, hre, poland, } and hidden_resource hungary and hidden_resource teutonic_knights_chapter_house and not event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1
    		recruit_pool "Transilvanian Peasants"  1   0.09   3  0  requires factions { hungary, hre, poland, } and hidden_resource hungary and hidden_resource teutonic_knights_chapter_house and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1
            recruit_pool "Transilvanian Peasants"  0   0.07   2  0  requires factions { venice, scotland,  england, france, portugal, spain, aragon, moors, pisa, papal_states, sicily, hre, norway, denmark, poland, russia, lithuania, cumans, zengid, turks, rum, jerusalem, egypt, abbasid, byzantium, kievan_rus, serbia, mongols, slave, georgia, } and hidden_resource hungary and hidden_resource teutonic_knights_chapter_house and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1
    Part (otherwise there're specific mechanisms for the 3 factions) of the code for Ostsiedlung:
    Code:
        ;====================================================================================================== OSTSIEDLUNG    ;---------- Ostsiedlung event
    	;
    	; Historically it was essential for many factions in the Central Europe (Poland, Hungary, HRE, but also Denmark, Norway, Serbia, Kiev, Novgorod).
    	; It impacts on those factions through buildings' capabilities, but also through other mechanisms (eg. mercenaries).
    	; In this section there's the fall-back option for all factions for turn ca. 145.
    	; Three factions: Poland, Hungary, HRE have their own triggers to prompt it earlier.

set_event_counter hungary_ostsiedlung_player 0
        set_event_counter poland_ostsiedlung_player 0
        set_event_counter hre_ostsiedlung_player 0

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave

if I_EventCounter OSTSIEDLUNG > 0									; in case it was prompted earlier by factions' triggers
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 140												; fall back in year 1208
    		and RandomPercent > 90

historic_event OSTSIEDLUNG										; so important that should be known to the whole world

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hungary
    				inc_event_counter hungary_ostsiedlung_player 1
    			end_if

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled poland
    				inc_event_counter poland_ostsiedlung_player 1
    			end_if

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
    				inc_event_counter hre_ostsiedlung_player 1
    			end_if

terminate_monitor
    		end_if

end_monitor

Ahhh looks like I'm about 30 turns away. Thanks! I wasn't certain which event Ostiedlung was.

Some new coding to assist the AI:

* knights: for those recruited from Landowners building (see few entries below) the AI will get additional poll-refill for every level (this is needed because the player can be much more economical with elite troops)

Code:
    ; AI support

recruit_pool      "Norse Axemen"                    1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and event_counter early_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1
            recruit_pool      "Viking Raiders"                    1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and event_counter early_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

recruit_pool      "Feudal Knights"                    1    0.05    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and event_counter high_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1
            recruit_pool      "Dismounted Feudal Knights"        0.8    0.05    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and event_counter high_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

recruit_pool      "Chivalric Knights"                1    0.06    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and event_counter late_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1            
            recruit_pool      "Dismounted Chivalric Knights"  0.8    0.06    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and event_counter late_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

recruit_pool      "NE Bodyguard"            1    0.05    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1 and not event_counter late_era 1 
            recruit_pool      "NE Late Bodyguard"        1    0.05    2  0  requires factions { denmark, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1 and event_counter late_era 1
    * given that the AI is likely to recruit generals from its buildings or through MotH events (what player is much less likely), there's a danger of periodic extinction of the bloolines (but not permanent: there's a mechanism of the bloodline re-establishment should the previous died out). So to limit this danger additional triggers were introduced for those not-from-the-family AI generals. Obviously, this made for the gameplay: it makes the bloodlines appearing more often thus making the "marrying of Princesses to a foreign general" more attractive (and the player has more Princesses due to a special script).
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger Royal_Blood_English_AI_Boost
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition not FactionIsLocal
           and Trait Royal_Blood_English < 1
           and FactionType england

Affects Royal_Blood_English 1 Chance 5
    EDIT: the code in the final version is actually a bit different - to save the turn time:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger Royal_Blood_English_AI_Boost
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition FactionType england
           and IsGeneral
           and not FactionIsLocal
           and Trait Royal_Blood_English < 1

Affects Royal_Blood_English 1 Chance 5
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 22, 2021 at 12:26 AM.

Default Re: Combat Balance Overhaul minimod

Joined TW forums when i first wrote in Kostic thread, i think. SSHIP seemed like something SS failed to achieve. Lets be honest, SS 6.4 is not the final version, the mod just died.

I think 6.4 was very advanced version and it's the final one. From then on, there're two major mods - Titanium and SSHIP - and I consider them as a follow up versions. I really wish Meloo would move ahead with Titanium. It goes in a slightly different direction than SSHIP, but is a very good and polished one. With the SSHIP we're trying to give indeed more historical flavour and mechanics.

Just looked into Titanium. Its said to be also historical project on SS. If Titanium and also SSHIP are trying to make the mod more historical, why not making same mod? What's up with Titanium going to different direction?

Quote Originally Posted by AlberdoBalsam View Post
    Just looked into Titanium. Its said to be also historical project on SS. If Titanium and also SSHIP are trying to make the mod more historical, why not making same mod? What's up with Titanium going to different direction?
    this thought mirrors mine, and one of the explanations is:
    Each time I see such a reasonable fine-tunning, I wonder why the hell we don't have a good team working on a Medieval 2 mod for the Middle Ages that would resemble EBII in historical quality. There're many modders in the past, there're a few teams, but at the end they would either split or cease to exist. And there're modders who prefered to do everything on their own (hey, it so easy when you don't need to negotiate the details with the others - everything is just fit for you wish, you don't need to convince anybody, nor to back you choices with arguments, nor describe what you'd done). The result is: no finished, fully-fledged historical mod.
    one of the problems is:
    Discontinuation is not a planned process, it's just an accident of people losing the joy of modding. I think it happens very rarely that one moder is able to hand over the button to another one. This requires a very self-aware moder either to cater for a successor, or just a moder modest enough to allow somebody to take over. Very difficult given the oversized ego of the moders (as Gigantus once described in an interview).
    We are really lucky that the EBII project hasn't floundered despite the disappearance of Foot years ago. Even with the vast community the project stalled at that time, if I'm not mistaken.
    I think the SSHIP stands out in this respect - Fair Prince handed over the lead to Lifthrasir, and last year Lifth handed it to me. I'd like to do the same in the future, once I'd run out of energy to do something with the mod.
    From what I know, the original creators of the SSHIP (Fair Prince and Ichon) already worked on the SSHIP when the Titanium project started.

Anyway, Titanium is dead for like 2 years now?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 31, 2021 at 08:37 AM.

I see. So Titanium was made by one person, or what? More importantly, what is the idea behind Titanium that was supposed to make it stand out from everything else?

Just a side note. SSHIP is trying to be like EB2? I mean in a way that its more of a management and historical accuracy game, unlike the original Medieval 2, which is a sandbox game that lets you completely rule the world, if you can. I don't think its even possible to conquer the map in EB2.

Quote Originally Posted by AlberdoBalsam View Post
    I see. So Titanium was made by one person, or what? More importantly, what is the idea behind Titanium that was supposed to make it stand out from everything else?

Just a side note. SSHIP is trying to be like EB2? I mean in a way that its more of a management and historical accuracy game, unlike the original Medieval 2, which is a sandbox game that lets you completely rule the world, if you can. I don't think its even possible to conquer the map in EB2.
    by many, but they'd disappeared over the years.

I think SSHIP has historical accuracy in its name. And if you try to be somehow historical (without being orthodox about every detail), then conquering the whole map should not be possible, should it?

In EBII Roma_Victrix arrived to turn 1000, and was in like 2/3 of conquering the map.
    In SSHIP 092 Alaviaria conquered the whole map in 200 turns. But I don't think it's possible in the current version.

I think SSHIP has historical accuracy in its name. And if you try to be somehow historical (without being orthodox about every detail), then conquering the whole map should not be possible, should it?

In EBII Roma_Victrix arrived to turn 1000, and was in like 2/3 of conquering the map.
    In SSHIP 092 Alaviaria conquered the whole map in 200 turns. But I don't think it's possible in the current version.
    This is something I think we have been doing pretty well though. The map cannot just be painted in your color, like it can in basically every other TW title, but if the player is really careful, really diligent, and maybe a bit gamey about a thing here or there, one can conquer the world. Ours (and EBII's) campaigns are built to have you play in the sandbox of a small corner of the world, but each player can definitely set him- or herself the goal of conquering everything, and that can be done. It just requires much more work and planning (and luck) than is the case in any other mod. And as Jurand said, that is only right and historical; sometimes a whole region of the world did get conquered by a people, but that only happens rarely, and only when a whole lot of things line up right.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Turns out there is some kind of patch that lets you have more than 500 max units.

I think this is a patch for Rome TW Remastered.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

map regions were 200.....

Will the problem of Sicily always going to war with Papacy and getting excommunicated be ever solved? Its really frustrating and not very interesting when that happens every time, and I have never seen this problem persist in other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Will the problem of Sicily always going to war with Papacy and getting excommunicated be ever solved? Its really frustrating and not very interesting when that happens every time, and I have never seen this problem persist in other mods.
    Thanks TDM for pointing at this issue. We'll try do to fix it.

I hope that the issue of an aggressive pope conquering all Europe has been fixed?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 05, 2021 at 01:34 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hmm i thought that the same idea can be applied to Rome 1 and Medieval 2 as they run on the same engine. Well, i guess you will have to stick with the hardcoded limits.