Page 3 of 360 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Any idea when the next version will be out? I'm afraid to start another campaign as I will probably have to start over when the next version is out.

It will still take some time, as we're implementing BC units and redoing rosters (mostly muslim).

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    It will still take some time, as we're implementing BC units and redoing rosters (mostly muslim).
    Thats great news.

when playing rum, when (or what year) can you recruit turkish crossbowman, turkish ghulam cavalry, ottomon infantry and janisary heavy inf? crossbow and ghulam in custom battle are written as early units, but i cant recruit them early on. and in what year do u get gunpowder siege equipment?
    Last edited by trenktas; June 15, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trenktas View Post
    when playing rum, when (or what year) can you recruit turkish crossbowman, turkish ghulam cavalry, ottomon infantry and janisary heavy inf? crossbow and ghulam in custom battle are written as early units, but i cant recruit them early on. and in what year do u get gunpowder siege equipment?
    Bombards are available around 1250 in some area while most factions should have them by 1300. Heavy Janissary infantry is available for Rum around 1390.

Rum will have regular ghulam cavalry in the next release- I can't remember when they get Turkish ghulams currently. Probably Turkish crossbowmen will be sort of a genoese crossbow for the east but we haven't completely decided yet on all rosters though we are getting close to a full list of cuts and what we will import from BC and maybe 1-2 other mods if we can get permission.

thank you. and can't wait for the next update

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Icon5 Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Hi Folks, please note that the Download thread has been updated with a new link by which you can get the SSHIP v0.8.2 full install. Note that this is just a .rar file for now until I have time to make a new installer.

Also, I take this opportunity to announce that Kahvipannu is joining our team. He will work mostly on unit models and textures. For those who don't know him, he made some units originally for SS7.0. Instead to loose his models, Kahvipannu kindly offered us to share them with SSHIP. So welcome him!!!
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

welcome Kahvipannu! nice to hear that SSHIP team is getting bigger

why do my generals get the trait: leader pays no attention? it leaves my generals with 2, 1 or 0 loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Hi Folks, please note that the Download thread has been updated with a new link by which you can get the SSHIP v0.8.2 full install. Note that this is just a .rar file for now until I have time to make a new installer.

Also, I take this opportunity to announce that Kahvipannu is joining our team. He will work mostly on unit models and textures. For those who don't know him, he made some units originally for SS7.0. Instead to loose his models, Kahvipannu kindly offered us to share them with SSHIP. So welcome him!!!
    that's good news
    at least i can see unit models and textures, exclusive only in SSHIP

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trenktas View Post
    why do my generals get the trait: leader pays no attention? it leaves my generals with 2, 1 or 0 loyalty
    Are they passive or far away from your capital?
    May be bringing them back to your capital or sending them to battle will help.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

welcome Kahvipannu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Are they passive or far away from your capital?
    May be bringing them back to your capital or sending them to battle will help.
    now started sicily campaign and generals had that trait after a few turns. king was in a capital from the beginning, i'll try to take him into battle, fighting rebels just with king didn't help in previous campaign. just want to find out what's the reason for it, to avoid it. but if u always must fight with the king, that's a bit annoying

Your faction leader can get absent minded (which leads to the generals getting the "leader pays no attention" trait) when he doesn't have any "special" abilities. Meaning when hes not very pious, very chivalrous or has a big authority combined with some other factors. That's how it's implemented right now. It's also not revertable for the faction leader if I looked trough the traits correctly. I should probably change that to something that makes more sense or at least make it revertable.

thanks for the answer. well it's not a bad trait (well, bad, but...), it does add a bit of flavor to the game (just annoying when it happens for a young king) and if it would be possible to make it revertible, would be great. first time it happened i was thinking, what the hell, why the generals are becoming disloyal, couldn't figure out, just kept waiting for him to dye, but he lived long and happy life, not caring whats happening in his kingdom. so the second time i just run with him into rebel spearmen, he died in piece and the kingdom rejoiced

Good to see you're joining this amazing team Kahvipannu. Any chance of a sneak peak of your unit models ?

Please bring us more Muslim units!

I've been following SSMAP/SSHIP for years and am finally about to start up a game. Thanks for all of the work!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; June 23, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Quote Originally Posted by Konig91 View Post
    Please bring us more Muslim units!
    Here's a small preview of the almoravid roster (thanks to gemini units and bc units!) including new christian guard, black guard, african units, berber units, new general, etc. Have fun

Looks great, brings a tear to my eye
    Last edited by b257; June 24, 2014 at 04:34 PM.