Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

  1. #4921

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Hi,
    1 - Can someone please point me to the direction of which file do I have to edit to change the way the global reputation currently works? I don't like the fact that no one can have better rep than "mixed". I'm testing out a campaign with Venice, it's turn 41, only conquered Bologna and Verona from Rebels/Independent States very early on because I wanted to have more cash flow and flexibility, but after that, which got me to "Dubious" rep, I've been playing completely on turtle mode and just minding my own business. The turns keep passing by and my rep just stays the same, Pisa declared war to me once for no reason, I'm the one that suffered rep from that... then they asked for a cease fire after I sunk one of their ships; Sicily declared war to me, I guess because they are on an expansion process, then they ceased fire without conflict; and now the Papal States are at war with me... so I'm excommunicated... for no reason except maybe they don't like me much? But I am just minding my own business, not doing anything to anyone... completing all the Pope's missions... the reputation system is broken to say the least, I refuse to play like this. The only fun I get is to play Muslims, there I can do whatever the F* I want and anyone that doesn't like me can go F* themselves.

    2 - Part of my experience with Venice is that I am trying to see if I can get the Masons Guild so that I can unlock a few units that I never get to use them or see the AI use them like the Pike militias. I'm only spending money on stone buildings and I am offered every guild except the Masons Guild. Is this Guild working? This mod has a ton of new buildings but I wonder if they count at all for the Guilds... I didn't do the math yet but I wonder if it is even possible to earn enough points to a Master Mason Guild, let alone a Headquarters. I know which file to edit for the Guilds, I might just change the points required for the Masons Guild to less than half just to see if I can finally get it...

    3 - I noticed some talk on units, there are several units in the game which have issues in my opinion in terms of how they look/change with the armour levels/upgrades. Some units look very nice with their first armour level, then they get upgraded but look awful or weird... would it be worth it if I took the trouble of point out which ones and what do I see wrong with them?

    EDIT: I understand the file to edit the reputation is "descr_faction_standing". Is there a specific line that will make the reputation "easier", "more friendly" ? A specific line that will allow one to achieve good or very good reputation when not waging war to anyone for a long time?
    Last edited by GenPattonx; September 04, 2019 at 03:27 PM.

  2. #4922
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    3,062

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    ad. 2: Masons actually doesn't work, I've described the mechanism a few years ago:

    very early on I've set up a Masons guild in one of the castles. I was quite surprised that the upgrade didn't come for 200 turns. I've had a look in the EDG file and I've found a potential source of problem. It's the " Condition BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash Guild masons_guild s -5." After SSHIP added many buildings to the game, not all of them are really needed and not all of them should ever be build. In that castle I had, for instance, the gallows. They're very cheap so you usually have cash to potentially build them, but you don't want to. As a result every turn you're losing 5 guild points. That's a lot, especially if you compare it to the sources of points.

  3. #4923

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Oh... ok... so they are broken... well that's great....
    So basically with the current build of this mod, we never get to see Templars or Hospitallers or whatever because of the amazing reputation system that locks everyone into the "Mixed" status and at the slightest thing the rep just plummets... and now to add to that we never see any units that only get unlocked with Masons Guild because it is broken... nice. I just feel like all those units would add diversity to the game and the battlefield... so I feel sad.

    I guess I will edit the "export_descr_buildings" to hopefully unlock all religious units regardless of any conditions, and as for the units originated from the Masons Guild maybe if I change the requirements levels to 1, 2 and 3, maybe that will work as a solution? I guess I will try this out.

    EDIT:
    Ok so I changed the Masons Guild requirement levels to literally 1, 2, 3. Loaded a new early campaign with HRE and between 3 to 5 turns, using "add_money", "process_cq" and "add_population", I got offered the Master and the Headquarter Masons Guild on Frankfurt. Did the same with Venice and France. Funny thing... no units got unlocked. No militias of any type, let alone the pike ones that I am looking for... I guess now the problem is that they are not early game units? aaaaaaaaaargh!
    Did the same on a fresh late campaign with France and no Masons Guild were offered to me after several turns... late campaign is no good.
    Last edited by GenPattonx; September 04, 2019 at 07:53 PM.

  4. #4924

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    not sure but i think it's descr_faction_standing for reputation

    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0101_sack_settlement_decrease_global
        WhenToTest SackSettlement
    
    
        FactionStanding global -0.1125
        FactionStanding target_faction normalise -1.0 4
        FactionStanding target_allies normalise -0.8 80
        FactionStanding exclude_factions { slave } normalise -0.8 30
    this is prob as the name implies rep loss when sacking, you will have to look around a lot and tweak cause there's a lot of things, might help having the SS6.4 descr_faction_standing file to use as reference on how values used to be

    if you decide to go with the EDB editing instead of having no requirements at all for order units i think you can atleast add a religion percent requirement for recruitment
    You know you've played too much Stainless Steel when in every other mod you play you think cavalry is too weak.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  5. #4925
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    3,062

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GenPattonx View Post
    Oh... ok... so they are broken... well that's great....
    So basically with the current build of this mod, we never get to see Templars or Hospitallers or whatever because of the amazing reputation system that locks everyone into the "Mixed" status and at the slightest thing the rep just plummets... and now to add to that we never see any units that only get unlocked with Masons Guild because it is broken... nice. I just feel like all those units would add diversity to the game and the battlefield... so I feel sad.

    I guess I will edit the "export_descr_buildings" to hopefully unlock all religious units regardless of any conditions, and as for the units originated from the Masons Guild maybe if I change the requirements levels to 1, 2 and 3, maybe that will work as a solution? I guess I will try this out.

    EDIT:
    Ok so I changed the Masons Guild requirement levels to literally 1, 2, 3. Loaded a new early campaign with HRE and between 3 to 5 turns, using "add_money", "process_cq" and "add_population", I got offered the Master and the Headquarter Masons Guild on Frankfurt. Did the same with Venice and France. Funny thing... no units got unlocked. No militias of any type, let alone the pike ones that I am looking for... I guess now the problem is that they are not early game units? aaaaaaaaaargh!
    Did the same on a fresh late campaign with France and no Masons Guild were offered to me after several turns... late campaign is no good.
    Actually, why there should be any unit unlocked? I've had a look at the EDB and it doesn't seem that any unit is unlocked by the Masons. There're just benefits, like:
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 10
    taxable_income_bonus 10
    happiness_bonus bonus 1

  6. #4926

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Thanks for your offer. To be honest, I don't think there's more we can use from DLV. We already use Sandy's units and nikossaiz real shields. I also have the permission to use the Norse models from Raaka but still need to implement the full set.
    I'll PM you for more details
    And also you planned add more russichi models and nikkosaiz new roman roster? And maybe new strat campaign models for the factions? Is pretty unhistorical see the full plate armour knights of general strat models for europeans and the old vainilla models for the rest of factions( muslims,mongols, cumans, russians...)
    I think that kostic submod have good and historical strat models for europeans and broken crescent for muslims and rusichi mod for russians,cumans and mongols... For georgians and byzantines i dont know...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!



    Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

  7. #4927
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,004

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    ad. 2: Masons actually doesn't work, I've described the mechanism a few years ago:

    very early on I've set up a Masons guild in one of the castles. I was quite surprised that the upgrade didn't come for 200 turns. I've had a look in the EDG file and I've found a potential source of problem. It's the " Condition BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash Guild masons_guild s -5." After SSHIP added many buildings to the game, not all of them are really needed and not all of them should ever be build. In that castle I had, for instance, the gallows. They're very cheap so you usually have cash to potentially build them, but you don't want to. As a result every turn you're losing 5 guild points. That's a lot, especially if you compare it to the sources of points.
    That seems to be a major problem regarding that guild but one that is very simple to remove, just change the trigger that takes those points away.

  8. #4928

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    For historical stuff in the mod you should put orleans calais brest chester norwich salamanca... bc ppl would be happy to see those settlements in the mod. Also, I personally believe all of europe should have sergeant swordsmen, poland and hungary should have dismounted hussars and hungary have dismounted bandumium(idk how to spell it), dismounted magyar cavalry, poland should have dismounted polish guard and dismounted polish shooters. To make it more conveneince for players. What do you guys think?

  9. #4929

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Sorry guys, I'm not familiar on how to quote properly:

    @Dekhatres - the trigger you selected is about sacking settlements, I don't do that, I always occupy but that is because I've made adjustments to the values about public order, squalor etc because I didn't like the large settlements always rioting over and over again. Anyway, isn't there one specific trigger that is "locking" the reputation at "mixed" for everyone and not allowing it to go higher than that? Also I just want to understand what the values mean. What values would make possible getting a good reputation if one is having a good and friendly behavior ?

    @Jurand of Cracow - Quote: "I've had a look at the EDB and it doesn't seem that any unit is unlocked by the Masons." Well I've always understood, from past years info, that the Masons Guild would unlock a bunch of militia units... if that is not the case anymore then were are those units?

  10. #4930
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    3,062

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    For historical stuff in the mod you should put orleans calais brest chester norwich salamanca... bc ppl would be happy to see those settlements in the mod. Also, I personally believe all of europe should have sergeant swordsmen, poland and hungary should have dismounted hussars and hungary have dismounted bandumium(idk how to spell it), dismounted magyar cavalry, poland should have dismounted polish guard and dismounted polish shooters. To make it more conveneince for players. What do you guys think?
    Settlements - well, I see many more settlements needed. Much more than those 199 that exist and are the maximum number for the Medieval 2 engine. So for every addtional settlement you should propose which should be removed, how it will impact the gameplay, how does it balance the "world" present in the SSHIP etc.
    I'm quite curious how do you envisage the "dismounted hussars" unit (or even hussars). Can you write a few paragraphs about historicity of such a unit in 12th century (or maybe later?). Dismounted shooters are also interesting. What it would depict in the Polish armies of the period?

    Quote Originally Posted by GenPattonx View Post
    @Jurand of Cracow - Quote: "I've had a look at the EDB and it doesn't seem that any unit is unlocked by the Masons." Well I've always understood, from past years info, that the Masons Guild would unlock a bunch of militia units... if that is not the case anymore then were are those units?
    Which units? What "past years info" you're referring to?

  11. #4931

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Well, Masons' Guild in basic Stainless Steel has recruitment I guess... don't think SSHIP had it for the last few versions though.

  12. #4932
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,988
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    For historical stuff in the mod you should put orleans calais brest chester norwich salamanca... bc ppl would be happy to see those settlements in the mod. Also, I personally believe all of europe should have sergeant swordsmen, poland and hungary should have dismounted hussars and hungary have dismounted bandumium(idk how to spell it), dismounted magyar cavalry, poland should have dismounted polish guard and dismounted polish shooters. To make it more conveneince for players. What do you guys think?
    Well, Orleans is already in game
    The game limits is 200 regions, meaning 199 settlements plus the sea as said by JoC. We have already reached that limit and it's not planned to remove any of the existing one for these you mentionned.
    About units, I think that you should use this thread instead this one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Nominations open

  13. #4933

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    For dismounted polish shooters would be in the early 12th century and for dismounted hussars... I won't a full paragrah but all you need to know is that you don't see that unit in any mod or the vanilla game. That's why I suggessted in using that unit and implement it into polish and hungarian unit roster.

  14. #4934
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,988
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    For dismounted polish shooters would be in the early 12th century and for dismounted hussars... I won't a full paragrah but all you need to know is that you don't see that unit in any mod or the vanilla game. That's why I suggessted in using that unit and implement it into polish and hungarian unit roster.
    I honestly don't mind if you make suggestions. They're welcome. But please, just use this thread instead of this one when it comes about units. Thanks.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Nominations open

  15. #4935

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Is there a mod that removes the reputation requirement for religious order troops? Extra points if it requires faith % in region instead of reputation.

  16. #4936

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    ez, open export_descr_buildings.txt and let's say you want to change "dismounted templars"

    find the unit

    Code:
    recruit_pool    "Dismounted Templars"  0.25   0.06   1  0  requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, jerusalem, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1
    and change it to this

    Code:
    recruit_pool    "Dismounted Templars"  0.25   0.06   1  0  requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, jerusalem, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and region_religion catholic 100
    that 100 is the percentage required, change it to what you want
    You know you've played too much Stainless Steel when in every other mod you play you think cavalry is too weak.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

  17. #4937

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    This appears to work, thank you

  18. #4938

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Hey, I just installed this mod and started to play. I usually play as Seljuks/Ottomans but I was surprised to see that the Seljuks in this mod are limited to the territory of modern day Iran. The Seljuks made their first strike to the Byzantine Empire in 1071. The game starts at 1125. The Turks are far away from Anatolia. So is this a mistake or am I missing something here?

    Mod looks great btw!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and trolls should not be able to climb on walls!


  19. #4939
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    3,062

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Korsan82 View Post
    Hey, I just installed this mod and started to play. I usually play as Seljuks/Ottomans but I was surprised to see that the Seljuks in this mod are limited to the territory of modern day Iran. The Seljuks made their first strike to the Byzantine Empire in 1071. The game starts at 1125. The Turks are far away from Anatolia. So is this a mistake or am I missing something here?

    Mod looks great btw!
    After the Great Seljuks of 2nd half of the 11th century, the political grip of the sultans softened and the realm desintegrated into a few political entities. The most important was the one on western Anatolia: the Rum Sultanate - this one exists in the SSHIP as a separate faction. The rest of the Turkish entities are independent - and this is yours task to reunite the Seljuk empire (and then to defend it against the innumerable Mongols).

  20. #4940
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,988
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

    Not to mention that the Ottomans actually didn't rise before the end of the 13th century (1299 AD 'officially' with the conquest of Mocadene)
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader


    - Nominations open

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •