Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I honestly don't know but I'm suspecting the excommunication to add more trouble on this feature
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Shouldn't the Byzantines be able to build racing tracks? At the least, Constantinople should start with one (Hippodrome).

Blog Entries

Constantinple can start with one to reflect the one that existed and being used until the 4th crusade. I'm not convinced by giving the possibility to build them as that racetrack was actually a remaining of the roman period (built during the 3rd century AD)
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I dont think this mod works with Melooo182 bugfix compilation. I kept getting errors saying files were missing

Blog Entries

You don't need the bugfix compilation to play SSHIP. We have never tested the bugfix compilation with SSHIP as we try to fix issues directly and from the original SS6.4 version (the bugfix was released later - SSHIP had already several releases done).
    So, to summarize, a clean instal of SS6.4 is good enough

Hello sship developers, my question is now about maritime trade routes( the little ships that we see in the campaign map), is possible make some script for represent when you attack the maritime trade routes with your warships? So if you put your warship in the trade route of your enemy you can "caught" or earn money from looting this trade routes and your enemy loss this money, also if is possible block this route and no gain any money of this trade route, same case for the player
    Example: playing as Castille and León (Castilians) i put a war galley between the commercial sea route of Seville and Marrakech( Almoravids), so the moors faction dont receive or obtain money of this route( imports and exports) and castilians gains some money from looting( The profit from the looting may vary depending on the amount of money these trade routes have)
    This could be the same for land routes with enemy armies but i think that this is represented by pillage or looting in the game( when you see in the campaign map the burned lands around the enemy armies)
    This would represent the importance of defend your "maritime territory and your trade routes, and the importance of having a navy to defend and attack your interests", i dont know if is possible make this for the game but it would pretty realistic and inmersive in the game, for example be the romans and have the supremacy of mediterranean sea with your navy
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hello sship developers, my question is now about maritime trade routes( the little ships that we see in the campaign map), is possible make some script for represent when you attack the maritime trade routes with your warships? So if you put your warship in the trade route of your enemy you can "caught" or earn money from looting this trade routes and your enemy loss this money, also if is possible block this route and no gain any money of this trade route, same case for the player
    Example: playing as Castille and León (Castilians) i put a war galley between the commercial sea route of Seville and Marrakech( Almoravids), so the moors faction dont receive or obtain money of this route( imports and exports) and castilians gains some money from looting( The profit from the looting may vary depending on the amount of money these trade routes have)
    This could be the same for land routes with enemy armies but i think that this is represented by pillage or looting in the game( when you see in the campaign map the burned lands around the enemy armies)
    This would represent the importance of defend your "maritime territory and your trade routes, and the importance of having a navy to defend and attack your interests", i dont know if is possible make this for the game but it would pretty realistic and inmersive in the game, for example be the romans and have the supremacy of mediterranean sea with your navy
    Quite impossible, I'm afraid. Devastation mechanic is the best the game has to offer on that front.
    Real life is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    Quite impossible, I'm afraid. Devastation mechanic is the best the game has to offer on that front.
    Not quite mate, if you look into other aspects.
    I'm working with the EBII team and I've recently made new events to simulate things that we normally can't do in game. Some of them are related exactly with what you're talking about. They are events that simulate an enemy fleet raiding your territories (divided into normal faction raids and piracy raids if it's done by the rebels) and I will probably do one event to allow the player to do the same but in a very limited way to avoid exploits.
    This has chances of triggering when the enemy blockades your ports and takes a good amount of money from the player, forcing him to keep a standing fleet to avoid this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I'm working with the EBII team and I've recently made new events to simulate things that we normally can't do in game. Some of them are related exactly with what you're talking about. They are events that simulate an enemy fleet raiding your territories (divided into normal faction raids and piracy raids if it's done by the rebels) and I will probably do one event to allow the player to do the same but in a very limited way to avoid exploits.
    This has chances of triggering when the enemy blockades your ports and takes a good amount of money from the player, forcing him to keep a standing fleet to avoid this possibility.
    Woow @Lusitanio this is exactly i said more on less, it would be pretty interesting if sship mod could incorporate it to the mod for simulate this attacks or raids by enemy or pirates navys, because now the "sea factor" is a bit abandoned compared to land strategy.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Woow @Lusitanio this is exactly i said more on less, it would be pretty interesting if sship mod could incorporate it to the mod for simulate this attacks or raids by enemy or pirates navys, because now the "sea factor" is a bit abandoned compared to land strategy.
    It's a pretty simple script so if the sship team is interested, I don't mind working with them on that

Blog Entries

Will contact you by PM. Many thanks for the offer

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Sure, I said impossible because it is impossible to do what j.luna specified in his example.
    Real life is balanced.

Hello sship developers, i want to say that i offer my "support" again for the team and for improve the next release,i know that is a hard and tedious work improve it and require a lot of free time of your personal life...so i can do some little things(i am not a modder,only a lover of military history and middle ages and sship number 1 fan hehe) for quit you some work and have the next release in less time... I can do some tedious work similar to the work that i did with Jurand of Cracow for his provinces tittles submod, search history articles for improve factions or new unit rosters, give opinion or ideas with knowledge of military history, and other little things that the team need it.
    Again thank you for your hard and daily work, this is the best mod for learn true history in middle ages and enjoy play it.
    It would easier if more modders join to sship team for make more features and improve with scripts, units models, campaign features...similar to Europa Barbarum 2 that have a lot of modders,but of course the sship team is doing a excellent job with little resources, keep the good work mates!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

^^ Thank you but no, thanks.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Hello sship developers, i want to say that i offer my "support" again for the team and for improve the next release,i know that is a hard and tedious work improve it and require a lot of free time of your personal life...so i can do some little things(i am not a modder,only a lover of military history and middle ages and sship number 1 fan hehe) for quit you some work and have the next release in less time... I can do some tedious work similar to the work that i did with Jurand of Cracow for his provinces tittles submod, search history articles for improve factions or new unit rosters, give opinion or ideas with knowledge of military history, and other little things that the team need it.
    Again thank you for your hard and daily work, this is the best mod for learn true history in middle ages and enjoy play it.
    It would easier if more modders join to sship team for make more features and improve with scripts, units models, campaign features...similar to Europa Barbarum 2 that have a lot of modders,but of course the sship team is doing a excellent job with little resources, keep the good work mates!
    I know where you are coming from, but I don't think we can make use of your skills. Honestly, that people still play SSHIP when so much of the (non-third age) kingdoms modding community is dead is the biggest reason SSHIP is still being developed. So the biggest contribution anyone can make is to stay active on this sub-forum, and you certainly are not lacking in that department ^^
    Real life is balanced.

You know what, think about things that happened during medieval sieges, either against the defender or the attacker and write them here.
    In addition, think about possible events that you would like to be present in this mod.

If the effects can be demonstrated by the loss or gain of money, I will create some new events as a gift to the SSHIP community

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I wouldn't mind if you could make the map I've requested some time ago - the link is here - that would help in the future for balancing the factions.
    In the file "descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt" you may find a code for each province similar to this:

settlement castle
    {
    level town
    region Brandeburg_Province

what for the map would have meant "Brandenburg C1".

You may simply use Paint - a program default in Windows. Use font size 4.

Ok Lusitanio, Jurand and Vinefynn i try my best for improve sship mod
    @Lusitanio you can "caught" ideas as other historical mods as Broken Crescent or Bellum Crucis, but of course i will give you more ideas, for example events that simulate big revolts o little invasions for berbers( in south Africa), improve bulgarian revolt and maybe make little invasions for the east, for selyuk empire with asiatic tribes...
    I will investigate more in the events and give you more ideas
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hello guys,
    It's been a few years since I last posted anything in this forum.
    I would like your guidance to know what file do I have to edit in order to make the Templars, Hospitallers and Santiago units always available once the corresponding building has been built, regardless of "Reputation" and/or "Relations". I want to run an experiment, see if the AI will use those units, making their armies a bit more enriched and diversified from just the repeated standard units, hence adding another dynamic to the game perhaps.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@GenPattonx
    Good idea. It is unfortunate that SSHIP 0.9.5 uses so little in battles the units of Templars, Hospitallers and other orders ...