Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

It may be that I started my campaign differently this time ...

The first time, it seems to me that I quickly had an alliance with Aragon and even with Portugal. So I had my hands free to deal with the Almoravid opponent.
    My current campaign is without any allies for now and Portugal has allied with the Almoravids to try to annihilate me. I resist !

It's great that each campaign can differ as much depending on its choices ! The current one is a big challenge !

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I didn't know how to react to this but I think that an explanation has to be given, in case of the following situation raises again in the future.

Recently, I've been contacted by a modder asking for permission to use some materials from SSHIP v0.9.5 beta. And I was very surprised when he sent me more details about that version.
    To be short, a release was made last March by MWY, mostly on his own and without consultation of the other dev. To be honest, we (myself included) didn't like the way MWY took for the mod and a major disagreement raised in our team. To solve the issue, a few beta-testers were recruited in order to get more inputs about that version. The problem is that MWY became inactif in SSHIP forum after mid March 2018 and on the site the following month. I had no other choice than to cancel it but wrote to MWY that he could release it as a minimod. No news.

So officially and because not integrated in SSHIP, that release currently named 'SSHIP v0.9.5 beta' remains the property of MWY and unless he gives his permission or declares it as an open source, any public use or distribution of it is not permitted.

Now, regarding the present issue, I know who shared these files despite the fact that the modder refused to confirm my suspicion. And the less I can say is that I'm not especially happy about that fact. He has, somehow, breached the non-disclosure rule tied to his position as beta-tester. I'm gonna be honest with him: he's now "black listed" and will never be hired again for a beta test for SSHIP, at least as long I'm in charge of this mod. I might be "old school" but I have too much respect for other modders' work and expecially to MWY's one to allow such kind of pratice.

Wow... that sounds like quite a messy situation! I'm glad that you, Lifthrasir and the rest of the SSHIP team have managed to get past it though and are pushing on! Hope that 'black listed' traitorous beta tester gets his comeuppances!
    Keep up the great work, I'll be sending all the good vibes your way man!

Good day all.

Few Questions/Some respectful Critique

Some Units still use the *Vanilla* version of their Models and attached skins. The Venetian Infantry even still suffers from the ancient "switched Armour upgrades Look".
    There are rosters in the Game with Vanilla Units standing next to awesome new ones.

Or even "better": The Serbian Bodguard uses Rusichi Riders - On Vanilla Horses, with Vanilla Harding.

I believe there are enough Materials available on this Site to replace all Vanilla Units with more visually pleasing/historically accurate Units, without having to do the arduous Task of creating them.

Will you expand the AOR Roster to encompass all Units of all Factions? I think this would be amazing (excluding religious Units).

Thank you for the Mod and the amazing work done on it so far.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's the long term plan
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Good day all.

Few Questions/Some respectful Critique

Some Units still use the *Vanilla* version of their Models and attached skins. The Venetian Infantry even still suffers from the ancient "switched Armour upgrades Look".
    There are rosters in the Game with Vanilla Units standing next to awesome new ones.

Or even "better": The Serbian Bodguard uses Rusichi Riders - On Vanilla Horses, with Vanilla Harding.

I believe there are enough Materials available on this Site to replace all Vanilla Units with more visually pleasing/historically accurate Units, without having to do the arduous Task of creating them.

Will you expand the AOR Roster to encompass all Units of all Factions? I think this would be amazing (excluding religious Units).

Thank you for the Mod and the amazing work done on it so far.
    That's a bit of what I'm trying to do with my sub-mod ... It's taking a lot of time because there are vanilla units all over each faction. Making units faithful to historic costumes chronologically is also a difficult job that requires a lot of thought.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by officialdeo View Post
    Any idea on how to play as the Byzantines in late game? My units are outclassed by the neighbouring factions' units by some margin. I'm currently just spamming mercenaries bolstered with a few homegrown cataphracts because they can still pack a punch in late game battles, although they are way too slow to be used like typical cavalries.

Or am I supposed to play the Byzantines this way?
    Yeah, historically the byzantines started falling apart and only Constantinopole was well defended so yeah, late game you should be outclassed by other units, the game is made for you to FALL! THE BYZANTIUM MUST FALL!

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

I think Teutonic Order should be added to the late campaign in a future, because it's important fraction.
    Last edited by TheMrVister; January 25, 2019 at 04:40 PM.

In 1230 they settled in the Thorn (Torun) and Cumerland (Chelmno) area, and in 1237 big monastic state of Livonian Order connected to Teutons. They founded Elbing (Elblag), Truso, Marienwerder (Kwidzyn) and Christburg (Dzierzgon) until 1238. Also until end of XIII century they conquered all of Prussian tribes.

There's map of their conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMrVister View Post
    I think Teutonic Order should be added to the late campaign in a future, because it's important fraction.
    from what i undestand, the game is at its maximum factions already, so in order to put the Teutons would mean to remove some other faction. It would be interesting because they did exist 1198 to 1525

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    from what i undestand, the game is at its maximum factions already, so in order to put the Teutons would mean to remove some other faction. It would be interesting because they did exist 1198 to 1525
    What? There's faction limit? Wait. I searched the files and I found propably free slot for faction: Slaves. And maybe there is way to clone the existing factions? I'm not a modder, but I think it's possible to add these Teutons or other new factions.
    I found this tutorial how to add factions from nothing: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6-Step-by-Step

Tiro

Question: Is it hard to mod mounted units to have a dismounted version of them?

What? There's faction limit? Wait. I searched the files and I found propably free slot for faction: Slaves. And maybe there is way to clone the existing factions? I'm not a modder, but I think it's possible to add these Teutons or other new factions.
    I found this tutorial how to add factions from nothing: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6-Step-by-Step
    The Slaves are the rebels , i dont think it can be removed without crashing the entire game.....so they still need to remove a ,,LEGIT'' faction in order to work. I would remove Portugal or Aragon since they have the same culture/rooster as Leon and Castile and well, i know it is historical that they existed but yeah, we cant have them all. Also later, Aragon and Castile and Leon formed up Kingdom of Spain , but later in the 15th century so yeah, if it works for them and it wont upset anyone, sure

The Slaves are the rebels , i dont think it can be removed without crashing the entire game.....so they still need to remove a ,,LEGIT'' faction in order to work. I would remove Portugal or Aragon since they have the same culture/rooster as Leon and Castile and well, i know it is historical that they existed but yeah, we cant have them all. Also later, Aragon and Castile and Leon formed up Kingdom of Spain , but later in the 15th century so yeah, if it works for them and it wont upset anyone, sure
    One more free slot: Aztecs

Aztecs don't even seem to exist as a faction, they're already been replaced seems like.

One more free slot: Aztecs
    SSHIP has different factions, it doesnt use the original Medieval II factions. They need to remove from their rooster, which are all taken and important. As i said, the easiest would be to merge Aragon and Leon/Castile into 1 faction as Kingdom of Spain (however it is preety innacurate) so the Teutons would be there. But i guess some people (including myself) would be alright with that since i prefer the Teutonic Order over Aragon , but it is up to them

SSHIP has different factions, it doesnt use the original Medieval II factions. They need to remove from their rooster, which are all taken and important. As i said, the easiest would be to merge Aragon and Leon/Castile into 1 faction as Kingdom of Spain (however it is preety innacurate) so the Teutons would be there. But i guess some people (including myself) would be alright with that since i prefer the Teutonic Order over Aragon , but it is up to them
    Ok, I see. And what about this tutorial about "How to add factions from nothing"?

Doesn't work when you're already at the limit.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I focuse on the early era for now. The late one was started by MWY but as he's inactive on the site for nearly a year, don't expect much development for it and for now.
    In its current release, if you want to add a faction in SSHIP, the only way to do it is to remove an existing one as the limit is reached already. To be honest, that wouldn't be the TO, at least regarding the early era.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Allright, thank you for answers guys.