Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

^^ It sounds like waiting a few weeks more is going to ruin yours
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi all,

I have a question about a couple of tweaks that I would like to make to the current mod. The mod is awesome by the way!

Family member captured in battle and ransomed - This doesn't seem to occur very often. I would say 9/10 the general is killed and not captured (historically, I would assume the ratio of capture was much higher as fortunes were made this way). I tweaked the ranson values within the descr_campaign.db script but this only seems to have increased the ratio of enemy soldier capture and not the generals capture. Can anyone please advise on how I would change the capture ratio for family members?

Rebel Armies - Personally, I would like to see larger rebel stacks threatening my Kingdom (again, historically the crown (England) struggled continually with baronial rebellion in this period. I altered the values for rebel spawning in the descr_strat folder, but this doesn't seem to have any real noticeable effect on the size of rebel stacks. Again could anyone please advise how I would change this?

Cheers forum!

Blog Entries

Thanks for your kind words.
    Please note that we usually don't answer to modding questions here. For such enquiry, you should ask in the Workshop
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ah, I didn't realise. I will follow the link; I think that this is probably only a couple of minor tweaks..

Is this something that you would consider for inclusion in the next update?

Blog Entries

Why not? It would cost nothing to try

Cool! I have posted the thread in the workshop now. When/if I get some good advise, I will mess about with the values in the script, test them, and let you know what effects the values have on character Ransom, and Rebel stacks.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

THREAD WARNING

Folks,

I would like to remind everybody that Mod Development Team have created this Mod, in their own time, with their resources and they receive zero remuneration for doing this. Having been a member of SS 6.3 & 6.4 development, it takes alot of time and energy and a massive amount of self determination to deliver the finished article. They have their own lives to live and have all of life's hurdles and challenges to deal with, they really do not need to be continually asked when the next version will be available. It will be available when it is ready and not before and it is exceptionally unhelpful to openly show a hostile attitude towards any of the Mod Team. Next time you think about asking, why not think about what you can do to help.

In future any askers of what is going to be released and when, you know who you are, will see your post deleted, so please THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE ASKING next time, I will not see the deletion of multiple posts from a single poster over any time in a favourable light.

Navajo Joe
    SS Forum Moderator

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

I will talk about my point of view now. All that is modding is the love about altering to the best a game you spend days and years with and share your efforts with other people. been 37 year old with all the responsibilities in the world uppon me , trying to balance between family, work, students and clients , the possibility to find the motivation to sacryfice my own personal free time surely will not encouraged by these kind of posts. While i found some "harassments" from some people a good reason to keep it up ( luna i see you ), obsesion, unkindness, inpatience and these late posts are not. anyway, i wish all the best for lifths' wife. happy gaming.

Haha glad to know that i am a reason of keep up modding for you nikossaiz and i hope the same for sship team hehe
    I know and i am the first ''reiterant or heavy'' person about this mod, repeat, THIS MOD(SSHIP), the rest of mod i dont care due to this for me(i said this a lot of times)is the best and more historical mod for medieval era, i ENJOY it after a hard day of work or real life( this is a little breather for me on weekends or some afternoons furthemore of gym time haha), and believe me i also have real life, hard work and real problem with family and other things...
    it would be wonderful that someday we could stay the developers of the game, modders and players of the game to have a few beers, go party and meet us
    Also and after a time, i ''learn'' to be patient and hope the next release, i respect sship developers and their work and i always offer for help, betatester, little help about modding, or Anything I can do to help them... i understand also thatin always is good that sship team and others modders as nikossaiz ''feed the followers'' with some news and images about new features,units...i dont like the secrecy and i think that this would be an aspect to improve it, for example Lifth could show us some new unit of new rosters as norwegians or scots, or MWY could show us some new features for the next release as new types of guilds...

And Lifth,MWY,Jurand and nikossaiz know this...

So summarize, for the rest of people,players and lovers of this mod and history we have to be patient and ''stand'' a few weeks more, next release is coming and almost done and we hope a great job,also i hope the work of nikossaiz in sship mod and i prefer hope for november to see implement it, so if all is good we hope next release about november maybe...
    And Lifth i hope that your wife will be good and together fight with these problem, i know for a partner and its fu...ing for problems of aches and tiredness...
    So again,grateful for all your effort and I hope to be always to help you in what I can, between lovers of medieval history and this mod we have to help us
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

i never asked when it's going to be released

nobody has said modders should put modding before anything else either, yall are getting outraged for nothing

what was actually said was to release the work incomplete as it is or in a preview version, this way there would be more often releases and there's no risk for work being wasted/unreleased

Sship team, a question, why tolls are a trade resource in the game? As oil,silk,sugar or other trade resources... a toll is a tax that you pay when pass for some road or way, i dont understand why you can deal with this in sea export,imports and with merchants as another trade resource...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

During that period, you had to pay for everything while travelling on roads, to enter or to leave towns, to cross a bridge or to sail on rivers. That's quite difficult to represent that in game. You can do it by script or by resources. It might be not the best representation but until we find something better, it's going to stay that way.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I also recall that tolls were introduced to simulate trade with the regions that are outside of the map since the regions with the border of the map are in much worse position than the regions bordering the in-game provinces. Also, the island provinces are in a much worse position since they don't get that very profitable land trade.

Blog Entries

Well, they have the sea trade

It's not enough to make up for all the bonuses from land trade. Inchon had discussed it here at length.
    His conclusion was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    The main problem I guess you are running into is that regions with numerous land connections still generate much more trade from that since sea trade seems to be capped at 4 fleets. It means places like Cyprus and Sicily which historically were very rich from sea trade have problems in game as their income is capped without land route connections.
    However, I hope it was somehow balanced - also with the help of the Tolls resource.

Blog Entries

Well, Ichon is the one who implemented the tolls in SSHIP by the past. So I guess it should have been done that way

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Not with SSHIP as far as I know.

End of the discussion. Further discussion on that topic posted in this thread will be deleted as off-topic. Last warning
    true when you install sship you dont get to choose an AI, but i think there's is choice, ppl just dont know it or how to do it

adimtedly i know little/nothing of AIs in medieval 2, what i do is simply copy descr_campaign_ai_db and descr_diplomacy files from SS6.4 with SavageAI into the mod i want, and voila, AI doesnt act retarded anymore, works with every mod every time

i dont really know if other AIs are as compatible with all mods as Savage is, all i know it has never let me down and never created problems

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

I think this is a very good matter for having a minimod. There're already one that makes the AI "quiter", so another one would be welcome.
    For me the current SSHIP AI is probably the best I've played in the medieval mods - as compared to the AIs in the Broken Crescent (it really doesn't do anything, is pussy on alliances, errs on strategical choices etc.), Bellum Crucis or Deus lo Vult. Even if I don't like some features (eg. permanently low reputation or the Papal States creating huge empires) it seems still to be the best around.

Blog Entries

I think that MWY can adjust the reputation feature for the next release. I let him to confirm or deny

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I think that MWY can adjust the reputation feature for the next release. I let him to confirm or deny
    I hope yes, and also that we talked about crusades states and castillians or iberian crusaders when combat against moors or muslims, for have ''permanent'' crusaders units and dont low reputation for combat them(they are infidels) same case with differents religions as pagans and others

And Lifth i hope that you will correct the bug of we talked about castilians, crusader sergeant( black dress) and that the city of valladolid dont have city trait( lord of valladolid) for the next release...
    Other thing about spanish factions, if it is possible and some modder can it, aragon units have shields and coat of arms of castilian faction, this is horrible, it is an example as if venice or pisa have them the same banners,shields of coat of arms as sicily or papal states, they are italians but are differents, same case with castilians and aragoneses...( in some mod as bellum crucis aragon have correct banners and shields, you can take as reference if you need help)
    If you have some question about iberian factions and spanish cities or armies i can help you
    Last edited by j.a.luna; October 24, 2017 at 04:02 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,