Page 11 of 360 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I actualy very much like serbia. It roster just have to be updated. Teutonic order in my opinion is far away in term of turns, and would not be playable, so i realy see no point in introducing it.

GenoveseInquisitor's Avatar Foederatus

Just one question. Would selecting permanent watch towers during the 6.4 work with SSHIP?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GenoveseInquisitor View Post
    Just one question. Would selecting permanent watch towers during the 6.4 work with SSHIP?
    No. The map has been altered, so watchtowers wouldn't work.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I actualy very much like serbia. It roster just have to be updated. Teutonic order in my opinion is far away in term of turns, and would not be playable, so i realy see no point in introducing it.
    Agree with that.
    In most of my campaigns, Serbia survives for a long time even if they don't expand much most of the time. Regarding Venice, why not but it has to be tested to be sure that it doesn't disadvantage that faction too much for the gameplay.
    About adding a new faction in North Africa, that's unfortunately not possible with the actual game limitations and we don't think about replacing a faction by an other for now.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

maybe the condition is different if we play a different campaign

in my campaign, Serbia is only one faction which didn't revolt after been defeated, so just keep the faction on

Blog Entries

That might be just me but does anyone else find the camel size wrong compare to the horse one?

If you take a look on the pic below and compare it to the camel units in the game, camels appear ridiculous too small compare to horses.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[IMG][/IMG]
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yes. Agreed. Camels could be 50% bigger than they are. And 100% more smelly.

Blog Entries

Well, I can surely do something about the size but, unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the smell

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Well, I can surely do something about the size but, unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the smell
    They have the scare horses trait, right?

Blog Entries

Yes, they're supposed to have it.

I would also love to see larger camels, they are just too small in vanila.

Hello there,

Why Turkish faction names are in Arabic language ? If you want to use native names, I can help with translation.

Btw thank you everyone for their work in this mod
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

Civis

I'm up past turn 250 in my Roman campaign and am still loving the mod, the Mongols have conquered Persia but are still hesitant with the Cumans, I have found that its easier to vassalize enemies in this submod as well. Biggest spot for improvement though: Next Heir Ancillary, it would be amazing if we had that extra degree of dynastic control/role playing in this mod!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sassanid Saxon View Post
    Next Heir Ancillary, it would be amazing if we had that extra degree of dynastic control/role playing in this mod!
    This is the #1 most important thing for the next release.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bosphoran View Post
    Hello there,

Why Turkish faction names are in Arabic language ? If you want to use native names, I can help with translation.

Btw thank you everyone for their work in this mod
    Many thanks for your proposal. None of us (SSHIP team) is from that area and We have done our best to represent the names (factions and characters) as they were during that period.
    However, if you can spot mistake or know how we can improve that part of the game, don't hesitate to post them. You can create a thread for that subject. Also, remember that the game can not handle some specific alphabets or letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassanid Saxon View Post
    ... Biggest spot for improvement though: Next Heir Ancillary, it would be amazing if we had that extra degree of dynastic control/role playing in this mod!
    Why not? How many of you guys, would like to have it in SSHIP?

Senator

Me! Me! *jumps excitedly*

me too!

And me!))
    I'd love to so in the game were historical figures. such as for example: Charles I d'Anjou, Richard the Lionheart, Philippe Auguste, Saladin and many other characters ... have you plan to do this?
    And if the characters have had their dynasty, which inherited (as in the Bellum Crucis) it would be just wonderful!
    Thank you so much, this is probably the best mod that I have played so far!)
    and sorry for my english)

Well adding next heir ancillary would kinda kill the civil war stuff, or at least make it very easy for the player to handle it. Not sure if I'm a fan of this. Perhaps a small increase in authority would be possible, So the chosen guy is favored in some sort of way, but not guaranteed heir.

@Gercog: We actually have a lot of historical characters in the game. Almost all of france/england/hre/scandinavia are historically accurate characters. We obviously can't implement characters who weren't alive at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Well adding next heir ancillary would kinda kill the civil war stuff, or at least make it very easy for the player to handle it. Not sure if I'm a fan of this. Perhaps a small increase in authority would be possible, So the chosen guy is favored in some sort of way, but not guaranteed heir.

@Gercog: We actually have a lot of historical characters in the game. Almost all of france/england/hre/scandinavia are historically accurate characters. We obviously can't implement characters who weren't alive at this time.
    I mean the characters that appear on the script, at the time when they lived historically.
    I remember even in the vanilla was such a script, when there were Wallace Saladin, Richard the Lionheart ...
    It would be very cool, what do you think about this?)