Page 10 of 360 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I played STAINLESS STEEL 6.4 for many years and I loved this mod. I tried something new, until I found SSHIP submod and I'm addicted to it! HAHA I played it for many hours. THANK YOU FOR THIS SUBMOD!

By the way, I wish that the representation of armors in Half Plate Era until the Full Plate Era must be corrected. And also the Gothic Era if you want.

I have a suggestion!
    NOTE:I don't know where to put this but I'm illustrating some examples. And I know that some players don't play for far too long and just got bored and maybe even after 1450 AD. I, myself loved to play beyond that date until Pike and Shot and being satisfied with my self built empire. To the staffs, I admire your hardwork and commitment and I will continue to support you guys! I wish I could help some ideas. (Sorry for my English)

Here I will show some existing armor examples and I choose English King's Men. Coz' I love playing as England. Even though I have limited modding skills, I tried to edit the armor upgrades on EDU and Battle Models.

1. Half Plate Era 1310-1320 I guess... King's Men no armor upgrade. It's okay I liked it.

2. Full Plate Era 1380-1390 Bascinet (Pig-faced Helmet) I love those and maybe more variation and types. The Pig-faced helmet used throughout at the end of 13th century until early 15th century AD. I wish their chest armor must be adjusted, others looks like they wore chain mail beneath their clothes instead of wearing breastplate.

3. Gothic Plate Era 1450-1460 I guess... In this picture, they now wearing shiny and bulky armor. I liked the way it represents them during this era. Forget the Rounded Bascinets and the vanilla helmets, the Sallets and Armet-A-Rondelle are now dominant and popular by knights.

Another illustration of evolution of helmets. I got it somewhere and forgot the website.

THANK YOU!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for your comments banskie100. The main reason why late knights might be inaccurate is because the GeMiNi][SaNDy's units have been included in SSHIP quickly due to the lack of time when we released the v0.8.2. Before that, we used the Baraban Late Knights textures (see here). The problem is that several models have been replaced by Sandy's models.

Here is an example with the King's Men (upgraded):

Sandy's model:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Baraban's model:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

From my point of view (but that's just mine), Baraban's models are more (historically) accurate.

Actually, it's quite funny because I mentioned that point to the other guys of the team last week

Anyway, the EDU should change again for the next release. So, adjustments on some models will have to wait. For now, I'm trying to compare all units with several models to decide which model we keep and which one we remove. It's quite a lot of work to do but I think it has to be done to reduce the size of SSHIP dowload file and to let me work on the animations.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

i dont know if it's proper to ask
    but i have 2 questions
    first can i have permission to edit the reemergent factions cript of sship for eb2 ?
    second if the first is positive could someone post here the campaign script and what more is needed ? (my version of sship still hasn't this feature )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    i dont know if it's proper to ask
    but i have 2 questions
    first can i have permission to edit the reemergent factions cript of sship for eb2 ?
    second if the first is positive could someone post here the campaign script and what more is needed ? (my version of sship still hasn't this feature )
    The re-emergent factions is from the submod "Viva la Rebellion!" done by Melooo182. If you want to use/modify it, you should ask him directly. Then, I think that your 2nd question depend to his answer. However, it is included in SSHIP since v0.8.0 has been released if I remember correctly.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

ok will ask him
    thanks

Semisalis

Is there an historical reason behind the choice to give dismounted mailed knights a 2h axe? I'm not criticizing, i'm just asking out of curiosity..
    great job btw...

No historical reason, but the mailed knights by sandy had the 2h axe, and I didn't know how to change a unit's weapon back when I implemented them. I also think it adds a bit of variety early on.

I'm playing as the Byzantines and there is currently a crusade out on Antioch and a Jihad on Trebizond. The crusade's been going on for at least 15 to 20 turns and there's a bunch of stacks around Antioch but no one is trying to actually take it, same thing with trebizond.

Also, is there a way to get back the old western unit models?
    Last edited by thumbnailviewer; September 08, 2014 at 09:49 AM.

The stacks not attacking crusade/jihad targets is a bug in the current version, will be fixed in the next one.

No, there is no (simple) way of getting the vanilla units back.

Senator

So the Mongols have done nothing at all. They've roamed around in some rebel provinces in the far east, slowly losing stacks as they turncoat, and then fighting them. Consequently most of the stacks are down to about half health. I'm not sure why this is. They are at war with the Cumans and the Great Seljuks. But they haven't made any progress.

Also, please please please can we have some way of designating the heir. Literally every time they are a usurper. It's like the game chooses the worst possible heir, and for little to no reason. Plenty of 'rightful heirs', but no apparent way to designate them the heir.

Does this (awesome mod by the way) use its own AI?

Blog Entries

Yes, it does.

I see, thanks for the quick answer

I hope next version changes the fact some settlements are revolting all the time despite you kill everybody. I like playing as Castille and Granada didn't revolt after the Catholic Kings conquered it. The moors just went away and end of the story.

It's either you want to keep a historical rigour or you let it evolve in a different way, you can't take both way, you just can't.

The rest of the mod is great.

Blog Entries

Unless I'm wrong, I think it should be better in the next release. That feature should be adjusted because not mainly based on capital distance animore but also on conversion rate. That means if a catholic faction conquiers a muslim region, it will have to convert a certain percentage of the population to decrease the unrest.

That's great to hear!

Some little ideas I've had for making SSHIP the greatest of them all...
    -utilizing the mesoamerican vegetation perhaps around the Nile and other north african /middle eastern oases
    - making some more of the bombard units available later in the main game esp the ribbault ( I love that crazy unit )
    - an option to remove or at least cap numbers of merchants and religious figures ( say no more than 3 per faction) as they end up as clutter in later game.
    - higher unit costs and maintenance costs so full stack armies are a rarity that you have to work for and treasure.
    -less adoptions so characters are likewise more precious and you can become more attached and involved in their development.
    -and I note some discussion above about distance from capital city being made a lesser influence on chance of settlements rebelling - good idea.
    - any chance of getting hold of some of the more diverse settlement types from other great mods ie asian cites from Rise of 3 kingdoms, steppe yurt village from EB2, ??

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the next version .

Blog Entries

I'll try to answer to your proposals in the best way as MWY and Ichon are the ones making the most important changes in SSHIP right now:
    - Not sure (to not say not convinced) about the result.
    - We have to think/discuss about it and it would be done only if it's within the respect of the historical accuracy.
    - We have to think/discuss about it. F.e. religious figures had an important place in Western Europe at that period.
    - I think we're not too bad about unit costs. Unless I'm wrong, I think that MWY and Ichon will add some extra features about the economic system in the next release. That should give some challenge to the player to keep his money in positive.
    - Not sure we can do something about adoption offers.
    - Unrest due to the distance from capital should be lowered down but unrest due to the culture/religion difference should be increased (more or less like for CS in SS6.1 in which you had to have a bunch of priests to convert the Muslim population to Catholicism in order to reduce the rebellion).
    - Why not? We have to think/discuss about it.

And many thanks for your kind words
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 26, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Venice should not have Dalmatia at the start of the early campaign.

Zadar(the capital of Dalmatia at the time) along with most other coastal cities, recognized the rule of Koloman of Hungary the moment he legitimized his rule over Croatia since Dalmatia was a part of Croatia since the 10th century, Venice just sporadically took and lost cities as time went by, for the vast majority of the 10th and 11th century Dalmatia was an integral part of the Kingdom/Duchy of Croatia(Venice quickly lost control over their Dalmatian conquests after 999-1000, in fact, Venice never got hold of the majority of Dalmatia until the 15th century).

What even makes the "Venice ruled Dalmatia in the middle ages" myth even more hilarious is that the Hungarian king Coloman was officialy crowned in Biograd as king of Croatia and his successors continued that tradition(since it was still officially a personal union and not a conquest) for a very long time.

There I said it.

Also, the awesomeness of Serbia aside, has anyone considered replacing Serbia with a faction that could actually survive the first 10 turns when played by the AI?(Serbia being a 1 province faction sandwitched between Hungary and the Byzantine Empire)

I would advise the devs to remove Serbia and either;

-put a faction in Tunisia(which medieval II total war desperately needs, maybe the Zirids or some other vassal dynasty)
    -reinstate the Teutonic Order as a horde faction since they are far more fun/significant and add a ton more flavor to the entire Baltic region.
    -maybe...meh, nevermind.

Senator

Serbia for me - as Venice - survived and expanded to 5 regions after conflicts with Hungary and the ERE.

Only for me to declare war, assassinate their last two family members, and render them extinct before even fighting a battle. But that's just me. They'd have been fine otherwise