Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

i have spent an absolutely indecent amount of hours playing this mod last week. very addictive and the core game itself is one of the best TW games. played for close to 100 turns as the Georgians, Turks, Papal states, Serbia, Zengids, Aragon and obviously Portugal as a part of my ongoing play-through.

a few observations. the campaign map looks gorgeous, i especially like the Alps and the Caucasus. not sure the map is SSHIP specific but its a great one, those mountain ranges look truly epic and imposing. wish other mods followed the suit and raised certain highland areas as well. when playing as Pope, is it intentional to only have 1 more FM (aside from the Pope)? i couldnt get a second one, adoption canceled etc. also crusades were launched without my even knowing, no sure if it is intentional. i like my cities to have a governor so scarcity of FMs was a real issue that slowed my already slow expansion pace. not saying its a bad thing, mind you. as the Turks, I have finally managed to get an extra FM and assemble the army to hit the Romans when my budget got into red and all of my mercenaries, over 50% of the forces, disbanded the next turn! Byzantines then stepped in and took one of my 3 provinces from me and i could do absolutely nothing to stop them. there are some issues with AI garrisoning its cities, i think. most often it only retains a bare-bone 1-2 units garrison of depleted units. easy picking. garrison script could really help here, imho. also, does AI retrain at all? i dont think indies do and it really makes them an easier target. another thing, not sure that civil war feature works? i had a notification that my faction has one as Aragon but nothing really happened. in the Caucasus, virtually all of the cities have mines. makes a Georgian play-through a piece of cake.

the mad is very stable indeed. only 2 CTDs in a week of playing of maybe 6-7 hours a day. virtually no memory leak issue. only had it in my Serbian campaign but no others.
    thanks for reading and for this lovely mod. wish there were even more factions to choose from. will post more observations as i play

I won't mess much with rosters, unless someone else wants to continue if I finish. For the Latins I'm just thinking of using select European feudal troops and Byzantine militia type soldiers. Pending research of course.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

The Byzantine roster has a few Latin units already: Latinikon, Alamanoi, Gasmuli, and Latin Handgunners (they could take the place of Feudal Knights, Dismounted Feudal Knights, Crossbowmen/Pavise Crossbowmen, and Handgunners, respectively). Marinae would also be a plausible addition to a Latin roster as a militia-grade unit.

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

I quite enjoy the work you've done with the mod, keep it up! However, I have a few questions to anyone who can help.

1. Why do musketeers have long range ability but late musketeers don't? Based on pikemen and arquebusiers examples, shouldn't the late counterparts be more powerful?

2. How do civil war mechanics and claimant system works and how can i get more info on this subject? It is something SSHIP has introduced i assume, since I couldn't find it on SS froum. I am quite new to the twcenter and don't really know if there is anything posted about it (there probably is) but I looked and couldn't find.

3.Managing reputation is already not an easy task in vanilla but it ffels like in SS and SSHIP it has become somewhat harder. Even though I'm doing almost everything I can avoid reputation hits, I can't seem to keep a positive reputation. I know how to deal with it in vanilla and read quite a lot of threads about it online, but if you have another suggestion please tell me. Even going on a crusade and occupying the target city and releasing all the PoWs won't prevent my rep getting a level down.

4. Is it possible to get a man of the hour or adopted general, educate him, get him a few heroic victories and all the other good stuff to boost his stats, then marry him to my royal princess, and not get the "wife is disinherited" trait? The only way I can find to get claimant children from my princesses is to marry them with their cousins or nephews or uncles etc. Most of the time "the nobles won't accept the children of this man because of his character". Is this preventable or should i just intermarry with other my royal family members to keep the royal blood trait.

Thanks to the dev team who is still around and active in the forums and stil updating the mod. Great job!

I forgot to mention another one. The two handed axe unites such as huskarlar has a shield value of 2 in the defence stats. This made sense in the first place because they had a small shild behind their back which could in theory cover somepart of theird upper back. The trouble with this is, iirc shiled value was only taken into consideration when the attack was directed to the unit from front. If the attack was from flanks, shield value was cut in half, and from behind it was zero. So wouldn't it be more accurate to give their armor and defence skill 1 point each and leave the shield value at zero? It might be a game balance decision then sure but it just seemed weird at first.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 29, 2020 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

1) the musketeers - I've got no idea.
    2) civil war is in the Titanium and the Broken Crescent, not only in the SSHIP. I haven't found any description of the details yet. I've got some knowledge but it's the are waiting for modding. Some info is to be found here.
    3) reputation in SSHIP 092 would go down very quickly, I had an impression that in 096 is much more relaxed.
    4) I haven't started seriously modyfing the princess traits so they're like in SS/SSHIP092. I don't know the ins-and-outs how the system works, but at some point I'll get to it.
    5) you might be right, it's to be taken into account in the future.

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks JoC

I think it'd make more sense for Marinae (Pisan and Genoese Sailors) to be recruited from the port building line rather than the barracks building line, as they are, after all, sailors. Logging Camps/Woodsmen's Guilds ought to allow for the recruitment of Woodsmen as well, similar to how high-level farms allow for the recruitment of Yeoman Archers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripledot View Post
    I think it'd make more sense for Marinae (Pisan and Genoese Sailors) to be recruited from the port building line rather than the barracks building line, as they are, after all, sailors. Logging Camps/Woodsmen's Guilds ought to allow for the recruitment of Woodsmen as well, similar to how high-level farms allow for the recruitment of Yeoman Archers.
    Yes, it is a good proposal, sometime ago i said this about italians marinae and also they could be recruited in the building of italians quarters together with urban crossbow militia or gasmuli troops( simulating the famous use of crossbows by italians). About the woodsmen i agree.
    But of course it is decision of the sship team...

On the other hand i would like if someone could answer my question about Naffatun unit...
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...6#post15891646
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I also like the idea of linking units with different buildings, and ones to which they would more logically be connected. Plus, it gives the player more reason to diversify his construction choices. This, I think is a good idea generally, as it is a little too easy of a decision just to hammer out the "barracks" in any place where you want to produce units, especially in cities where there is no other unit building (excepting the couple things like Hospitaller Headquarters).
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

as Sicily i conquered Corinth from the Byzantines (it's a fortress). following the capture of the fortress, i was able to train generals from there.

i started a new campaign playing as the Byzantines, but it's not possible to train generals in Corinth. why this? i tested also other fortresses/citadels with different factions, and it's not possible to train generals. but it seems that if you manage to conquer a fortress/citadel from another faction, then you are able to train generals from there

My ideal is different:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The following thoughts came to my mind after having recently played the Broken Crescent with the Buff and Shine submod, and many other mods before. They have little to do with the possible coming version of the SSHIP.
    I tried to think what the M2TW engine theoretically enables to provide the best feeling of historicity and the gameplay experience for a medieval mod.

---- THE ELEMENTS --------------------

The recruitment system would consist of 8 parameters:
    - factional feudalism/iqta buildings – defining (1) which factional units can be recruited (the more advanced building, the better units); (2) how fast the recruitment pools replenish for various units (slower for the professionals and the feudal units), (3) how big the pools can grow (this might be pretty large number, much more than in the current SSHIP (for example: 5 for a city), perhaps lower for the elites) -- [in (1) the size of the settlement and maximum level of the building are rather disconnected: even smaller settlements can have quite advanced feudal buildings; but (2) and (3) should be related to the size of the settlement: bigger settlement the faster growth and the higher maximum pools],
    - barracks and other military training facilities (buildings) – defining how fast the recruitable units can be recruited (ie (4) the number of recruitment slots); perhaps some units might require such facilities, like certain professionals;
    - an area of recruitment (AoR) system – defining (5) which units are available in the province for any faction if has the basic feudal building (these may be pretty good units, however, the more advanced factional feudal buildings would provide less and less AoR);
    - optionally: (6) population of the provinces – being depleted if recruitment takes place while growing if you disband a full-strength unit (the mechanisms present in the RTW engine, and also recreated in the BC-B&S submod; it may be important for small and slowly-growing provinces),
    - (7) governor present in the settlement – as somebody has to organize the creation of the army for the king; in some mods it might require the presence of the very faction ruler;
    - (8) money – no unit comes for free; (for the AI behaviour you need the upfront costs (ie recruitment cost), even though in theory it might have been only for upkeep).

--- THE MECHANICS & EXPLANATION ---------------------

A political system set up in a province (technically: a “feudal building”) makes it possible to recruit military units. The first level (“Autonomous administration”) would provide only the AoR troops while the higher levels (ie more advanced political system - specific for each faction) would give faction-specific units. The higher the level of the building, the more advanced factional units it provides, but the less AoR units (the most advanced factional feudal building prevents from recruiting AoR units entirely). At the same time a barracks building is needed to enable recruitment of any unit (technically: it provides recruitment slots). There are other military buildings (stables, ranges etc.) enable more units to be recruited at the same time (additional recruitment slots), while also providing other benefits (eg. experience for the units).

Time has to pass for the recruits to appear in the province: boys must grow up to be able to take up the arms (technically: pools need time to replenish). Only few of them are rich enough to afford betters arms so that they can serve in the higher-tier units (technically: slower pools' replenishment for the elite units). There're always economic limits of how many people the land can support (technically: there're pools maxima) but they can get pretty large (eg. up to 5 units, less for the elites / feudal: there's always a social pyramid and the elites come from the upper parts). In the populous provinces the reserves get bigger (technically: the pools maxima are higher). To be sure, to recruit and to train troops a lot of money is needed and most of the time this is going to be the main factor limiting the recruitment. Also, somebody who organizes the process (a governor) should be present in the settlement at the moment of recruitment (but the regeneration of the pools progresses without a governor). The province should be populated with enough people to fill in the ranks (the number of people is taken away from the population). One cannot recruit all the available units instantly as there're real-life bottlenecks (technically: recruitment slots). The more specialized military buildings (stables, barracks, ranges) are present in the settlement, the faster recruitment may proceed (ie. more units may be recruited at the same time; note that the number of recruitment slots is independent of the political system: one may be able to recruit only the AoR units but many at a time).

--- HOW MOBILIZATION HAPPENS ---------------------

If peace reigns in the kingdom, no recruitment is needed and the pools regenerate. If there's been war recently, many years would have to pass for the pools to achieve the maxima. At the same time, the ruler is filling in his coffer with silver and gold to be able to afford recruitment for a new war. Once a war breaks out, recruitment must take place. If the reserves are large, many units can be recruited - provided money and a general are there. It's not done overnight, there are bottlenecks, like the lack of the facilities. Furthermore, if the war drags one, it might become difficult to find more people to fill in the ranks as the new potential recruits come slowly (pools get empty, regeneration takes place slowly). However, disbandment of a full-strength unit regenerates both the population numbers and the pools of possible recruits.

--- notes on the gameplay ----
    * given the SSHIP population numbers, the depletion of a province population after recruitment is actually not as important as in the other mods. It may make a difference only on the fringe, infertile provinces where loss of a few hundreds of men may lead to population problems (this would be quite different for mods with small settlements, like WotN). Therefore this part of the system should be viewed as the least important in the system.
    * it should be stressed that with high pools maxima this parameter (maxima) loses it's weight as well. It is, however, central to making the gameplay more reasonable. It should be accompanied by very low replenishment rates. Therefore the player will not be punished for having long periods of peace and build up of the economy (ie. he won't be losing the potential new manpower inflow; what otherwise happens if the maximum pool is reached but he's not recruiting units). On the contrary: the strategy of keeping high money reserves with a small standing army would be rewarded, as in case of an enemy attack it will be easy to mobilize forces: recruit units from the hight recruitment pools. In the current SSHIP setting, you're better off recruiting units as soon as they reach the maxima - as they're usually low for the better units (2 or something). This makes the strategy of a wide-kingdom (more provinces, not bigger provinces) more beneficial than of a tall-kingdom (fewer provinces with better buildings).
    * a very big question is to how the AI would react for some changes, eg. for the large recruitment pools.

-------
    Another conceptual entry worth reading in relation to this issue is
    Phases of a strategic operation

Marinae aren't really feudal or professional troops, though. Plus, it's kind of jarring being able to recruit them from a province in the middle of a desert.

So I did a full map conquest for this mod- the first time I've done that in a total war game! Played as the Byzantines VH/VH with the ultra generic goal of making the roman empire in mind, from there it changed to just conquer everything.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Alex/Desktop/M/20200401174205_1.jpg[/IMG]

I usually play a "nice" empire where I occupy and release people every chance I can so I can get chivalry on all my generals. Towards the latter half of my game I slowly stopped being a kind empire and began to exterminate everyone as it became increasingly harder to only occupy places. I really started to snowball towards the last 40-50 turns of the campaign. My method of attack would involve mustering a massive army and while I was waiting for that to be trained up I'd send a diplomat over to the empire I was targeting and use my vast wealth to buy all the settlements that I could get off of them. Then I'd send the army over to capture the remaining three or four cities. I think the only reason I didn't get super bored from snowballing and quit the campaign was because how fast I was taking over everything. The mongols were coming in right as I had only 3 settlements left to capture. But the problem was that those settlements were right by where they spawned, I managed to bring that number down to one- Gorganch the problem was that the entire mongol horde was standing between me and it. I readied myself for a massive battle and...lost, I groaned in frustration as it would take forever to muster up a big enough army to take the mongols down. But then I remembered how I came to own half the map.... I moved my diplomat down to Gorganch, since the mongols just leave rebel settlements in their wake I went over and attempted to bribe Gorganch. I had an insane amount of money at this point and I figured if I could ever successfully bribe someone in this game now would be it. They may of asked for basically all of my money but I got them under my control, a very anticlimactic and shallow end to this campaign but I was glad that I could now arbitrarily declare that I won.

There are a few things I'd like to ask/say

Firstly I never managed to get the Byzantine crown, I've read that it's broken. But really it doesn't matter because by the time I had gotten all the required territory I had a regent turned usurper on the throne so a civil war kicked off and he couldn't move for the duration of it. He wasn't pious enough to get the crown anyways and by the time the civil war ended he was no longer sane. This man went on to be 85 years old and had every single mental health problem I think you can get in this mod.

That wouldn't be much of a problem but the thing is that everyone in the Byzantine empire had mental issues- specifically they were all going down the Deranged line or the Hypochondriac line- or both. Couple that with the fact that I never could get a crown and everyone was either a crazy person, corrupt, or both.

But the thing is despite them being both very corrupt (zero loyalty was a very common sight, the only people who had more than zero was the heir and freshly trained generals who would quickly lose it.) and deranged hypochondriacs I ended up not caring most of the time. While they were absolutely trash at fighting in battle they did provide my cities with a lot of growth (chivalrous and agriculturalist) so while they may take a lot of my funds they'd also give +4 growth to a city which in the long run made those cities rich.

That leads to me asking, what makes generals deranged and hypochondriacs in this mod? I read on here that deranged was caused by having the general kill a lot of people but a lot of my generals were governors and never saw any combat in their entire lives but still ended up becoming deranged. As for hypochondriac I'd just like to know what causes that as well because at least half of my people going down that line as well.

Another thing to note is corruption, I know in this mod it isn't encouraged to map paint and the further you go out the more corruption there is etc. The thing is though I've noticed that with the trade building chain it takes away some of the law for that city. So what I'd do is I'd destroy the market if it was taking law away and the city would almost always make more money after I destroyed it thanks to less corruption. Public order also goes up when you do this making destroying markets a must when campaigning, not sure if that's intended.

Also if you really wanted to make it harder on someone who is trying to conquer everything maybe nerf the gallows some as the law that it provides helped me so much in holding far off capitals. The growth penalty is actually really nice as well because more people means less public order. The law it provides also cuts down on a good 1K worth of corruption as well. The religious penalty can easily be avoided if you have a big enough group of priests there to do all the converting. (Usually 4 or 5 will convert it in a reasonable amount of time.)

I'm not sure if this is possible or not but maybe make rebels from conquered empires aggressive, because with my strategy I'd kill off an empire in two turns- before they could counterattack me or anything and then all of their former armies would just sit there and not do anything. Aragon in my game had a good 4 stacks that never moved again because I took all their settlements so fast. If these former armies of an empire actually attacked me like a resistance to my rule or something like that it'd be interesting. There were a few times where if that were the case I wouldn't be able to hold onto my gains.

One final thing, I'd like to ask about reputation I never executed or exterminated anyone ever for at least the first 60 turns of this campaign. Aside from Serbia I never fought an offensive war yet my reputation was absolutely terrible, it's been awhile since I've touched this game but I could of sworn a good reputation was something that was obtainable on VH.

And one final, final thing is I'd like to say again this mod is really awesome and you guys are awesome for putting the time in to make this.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Have you ever considered to introduce the rights edicts and new buildings from Quintilius's submod in SSHIP? They'd add a lot to settlement development.
    I usually copy his wonder icons into my SSHIP install anyway.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@ 74TH, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Some of these will be corrected/adjusted/changed in the next version. Some others will be taken into consideration

@ Elendil03, honestly, I didn't know that one. I'll have a look at it.

To all, before I forgot again, kostic has joined our team to work on future SSHIP releases. No doubt that his contribution will be a great addition to the mod
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 02, 2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Of course kostic contribution is a great new for Sship mod! Your team bit a bit is growing ( i think that now there are 4 active modders in sship mod), and sure that this historical and fabulous mod will be the best for medieval era in total war games. Keep on with your awesome work and be careful you and your families nowadays with this creepy coronavirus...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

sometimes the game generates a random italian surname "ie Buono". it's not correct, it should be "il Buono" (the good)

the Pisan podestà should be Baldassarre, with two R!
    Last edited by kaiser29; April 04, 2020 at 05:33 AM.

Does staying in a settlement with public gallow cause governors to acquire the trait Deranged more easily?

Quote Originally Posted by officialdeo View Post
    Does staying in a settlement with public gallow cause governors to acquire the trait Deranged more easily?
    No, it shouldn't. At least in the next version:

Code:
    ;--------------------------------------------Trigger Philosophical_Reflection_On_War_Hardened
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition GeneralFoughtInCombat
           and PercentageBodyguardKilled > 40
           and PercentageEnemyKilled > 50
            and Trait Humane < 1

Affects Hardened 1 Chance 10
     Affects Deranged 1 Chance 10 
     Affects Anger 1 Chance 5

;--------------------------------------------
    Trigger General_Takes_Life_Loses_Friends_For_Nothing_Hardened
     WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition GeneralFoughtInCombat
           and PercentageBodyguardKilled > 25
            and Trait Humane < 1

Affects Hardened 1 Chance 10
     Affects Anger 1 Chance 5

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Hypochondriac_Diseased
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Diseased > 0
           and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 2
     Affects Deranged 1 Chance 2

Trigger Hypochondriac_SeverelyWounded

Condition Trait SeverelyWounded > 0
           and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 2

Trigger Hypochondriac_BattleScarred

Condition Trait BattleScarred > 1
           and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Hypochondriac -1 Chance 20

;=========================================================================================;------- Deranged ----------------------------------------
    ;=========================================================

Trigger Deranged_Under_Siege

Condition IsUnderSiege
           and IsGeneral
           and Military_Edu < 1

Affects Insane 1 Chance 5
     Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 5

;Trigger Deranged_Disaster
    ; WhenToTest CharacterDamagedByDisaster

; Condition IsGeneral

; Affects Deranged 1 Chance 10
    ; Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 10
    ; Affects Miserly 1 Chance 20

Trigger Deranged_SufferAssassinationAttempt_Normal
     WhenToTest SufferAssassinationAttempt

Condition Trait Paranoia < 1

Affects Deranged 1 Chance 3
     Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 3

Trigger Deranged_SufferAssassinationAttempt_Paranoia
     WhenToTest SufferAssassinationAttempt

Condition Trait Paranoia > 0

Affects Deranged 1 Chance 15 
     Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 5

Trigger Deranged_Not_Own_Religion

Condition PopulationOwnReligion < 10
           and not AtSea
           and IsGeneral
           and RandomPercent > 50

Trigger Deranged_GovernorCityRiots
     WhenToTest GovernorCityRiots

Condition Trait Intelligent < 6
           and IsGeneral
           and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Insane 1 Chance 2

Trigger Deranged_GovernorCityRebels
     WhenToTest GovernorCityRebels

Condition Trait Intelligent < 6
           and IsGeneral
           and RandomPercent > 50

Trigger Deranged_From_Wars_Intelligent

Condition Trait Hardened > 3  
            and Trait Intelligent < 7

Trigger Deranged_From_Wars_NotIntelligent

Condition Trait Hardened > 3  
            and Trait Intelligent < 5

Trigger Deranged_From_Berserker

Condition Trait Berserker > 1
           and RandomPercent > 50

Trigger Deranged_Selfperpetuating_NotIntelligent

Condition Trait Deranged > 1
            and Trait Intelligent < 5

Affects Deranged 1 Chance 3 

;--------------------------------------------
    Trigger Deranged_TooOldToFight

Condition Trait TooOldToFight > 0
           and RandomPercent > 50

However, the problem is here:

Trigger Deranged_Disaster
    WhenToTest CharacterDamagedByDisaster

Condition IsGeneral

Affects Hypochondriac 1 Chance 10
    Affects Miserly 1 Chance 10

It seems there's a bug (my guess it it fires if any character of any faction is "damaged") and I've disabled it in the new version (as you may see above). It seems to me that Byg has suspected it for long.
    Currently, you need to delete it in your EDCT.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 04, 2020 at 09:51 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

also, does AI retrain at all? i dont think indies do and it really makes them an easier target.
    From my investigations long time ago, and with SS6.3, I found the
    AI does rebuild units
    IF it has enough money and
    IF the units are in settlements that can recruit them and
    IF it has no other priorities for spending money.

so if you give the AI lots of money it'll happily build new units and buildings
    but may not rebuild damaged buildings or rebuild units.

if it doesn't enough money to recruit new units or start new buildings or if no new buildings or units are available that turn
    THEN it might rebuild buildings and units.

The AI doesn't, as a rule, move units from towns <->castles so they can be rebuilt the way that human players often do.
    They may move them to reinforce a garrison, and incidentally be able to rebuild them.

(Generally if you want indies to rebuild units then start the game with the relevant buildings in those settlements and the relevant units.
    and give them plenty of money.

Also the game engine sees each indie settlement in isolation to all the others, so never moves units from one region to another.)

Somewhere in the game engine there's an algorithm that decides how to spend money - a lot depends on strategic situation, (invasions / threats),
    the personality of the faction, and I daresay some randomising factors as well.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; April 05, 2020 at 05:13 PM.