Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NotZaran5 View Post
    Firstly, how to access the 1236 start date? I have seen it mentioned a couple times and I would like to play it.
    High Era campaign I believe is not acessive - the SSHIP dev team is focusing a lot on Early Era, as far as I know.
    I add one more question, when will version 098 leave the Beta phase to be officially released? I've already played the Beta and I'm waiting for this new version to be properly released to play.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Ahh thanks for informing me. I shall keep enjoying the early era for now. Would you happen to know when the high era will be released? I dont think it will be 0.98 so 0.99? 1.00? or even then?

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

We haven't decided on a specific date for the 098 release yet. Each member adds these improvements and fixes little by little until we get a stable version.
    It takes time to test every little change !

I don't know when there will be a late campaign release. For my part, I am far from having finished my work on the units because I would like to obtain a credible chronological evolution of the armors throughout the duration of the game.

What is the planned final year in the SSHIP campaign timeframe?
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    What is the planned final year in the SSHIP campaign timeframe?
    start_date 1132 summer
    end_date 1560 winter
    timescale 0.50

Ahh thanks for informing me. I shall keep enjoying the early era for now. Would you happen to know when the high era will be released? I dont think it will be 0.98 so 0.99? 1.00? or even then?
    Not before v. 1.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    High Era campaign I believe is not acessive - the SSHIP dev team is focusing a lot on Early Era, as far as I know.
    I add one more question, when will version 098 leave the Beta phase to be officially released? I've already played the Beta and I'm waiting for this new version to be properly released to play.
    I think it's more work-in-progress. Thanks to your feedback we're improving the current version, but we have some work still to do.

Hello guys. Quick question, what do you do when your savegame keeps crashing before reaching the next turn?

Hello guys. Quick question, what do you do when your savegame keeps crashing before reaching the next turn?
    1. keep on reloading - but I understand you're doing it.
    2. uploading a save here - maybe on my version it would move forward

Well I did a bunch more stuff and now my game crashes even sooner when I end turn

Well I did a bunch more stuff and now my game crashes even sooner when I end turn
    1 - Specify your version of the game and if you have made any personal modifications

2 - Post a save of your game just before the crash on the bugs and technical issues thread

3 - Look at the end of the full.log which is in the logs folder of SSHIP_098. The last lines can inform about the cause of the crash

Thank you !

As @Jurand of Cracow and @Kostic said, the causes of CTDs problems are vast, but from my experience in TW, most CTDs occur because of (bad coding) scripts - but as the current release is in beta, we will expect it to be officially released which will surely be more stable!
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

So in my byzantine campaign I just got a new faction leader that has the regent trait. How do I get rid of this because it prevents him from being crowned.

Also, his authority keeps fluctuating from 10 to 0 for some reason, I'd love to know why this is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritoJunkie View Post
    So in my byzantine campaign I just got a new faction leader that has the regent trait. How do I get rid of this because it prevents him from being crowned.

Also, his authority keeps fluctuating from 10 to 0 for some reason, I'd love to know why this is a thing.

Hi @DoritoJunkie, there is not direct way to get rid of the regent trait, but it is linked to the state of the kingdom in general, and the management of the family bloodline in particular. I didn't work on this part of the mod, but others on the team will have more info.

I always try to avoid regents in the first place by grooming the righrfull heir (the son of the current leader), I find that easier.

About the authority, it is a known bug in medieval 2 where the value loops over. So if you have 10 authority and something gives you +1, you find yourself at 0. Same thing the other to go from 0 to 10. Can you upload a save and log so we find what's causing it and apply a fix?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Read this thread. There's no verbatim description of how it works, but you should get the gist.
    10authority is indeed an Med2 engine bug. It should revert to the right value by itself, I don't remember what's the condition unfortunately.
    Upload a save, pls, I'm collecting saves to have a look at the economy to fine-tune the numbers.

Here's the save file, it's a turn away from the faction leader losing all authority, tho I don't know much about uploading logs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MhI...ew?usp=sharing

Here's the save file, it's a turn away from the faction leader losing all authority, tho I don't know much about uploading logs.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MhI...ew?usp=sharing
    Very interesting save, thanks! I've almost forgotten how the buildings in the version 097 looked like, given that I've re-modded a number of them for 098. I also hope that making such a great empire - as you've created, @Dorito - will not be possible within such a short span of time (60 turns) even with the ERE. There're now scripts for corruption (taking away the accumulated wealth), rebel armies ("resistance") and unrest ("we don't like new rulers") after conquest for each province, scripted rebellions (in your case it'd be Rum, but we need to add others' as well) etc.
    You must be a fan of the Romaioi, given the changes to the names of the settlements you've made.
    On the disappearing 10+ authority of your Faction Rule- it's an engine bug, afaik. We have to live with it.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 03, 2022 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Very interesting save, thanks! I've almost forgotten how the buildings in the version 097 looked like, given that I've re-modded a number of them for 098. I also hope that making such a great empire will not be possible within 60 turns, even with the ERE - with the scripts fo corruption, rebel armies and unrest after conquest, scripted rebellions etc. You must be a fan of the Romaioi, given the changes to the names of the settlements you've made.
    On the authority - it's an engine bug, afaik, and we have to live with it.
    More scripted rebellions would be interesting, it's a shame that there was only the Uprising of Asen and Peter in vanilla SS.

Also, my governors seem to be losing chivalry for no reason other then me putting them there, an explanation would be great, thanks.

@Jurand, about the authority bug, I can ilagine a few things.

First, have the authority added as a condition in the relevant EDA and EDCT triggers, so we won't add authority if the FL is already at 10, or remove authority if he's at 0. Drawback: it would prevent obtaining important traits and/or ancillaries, like the policies or the crowns.

Second idea, for those important traits/ancillaries: make a duplicate trait/ancillarie with the same effects except the authority buff/debuff. Drawback: lot of stuff to duplicate and an increased script complexity.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

More scripted rebellions would be interesting, it's a shame that there was only the Uprising of Asen and Peter in vanilla SS.
    Also, my governors seem to be losing chivalry for no reason other then me putting them there, an explanation would be great, thanks.
    no idea for losing chivalry, there're may be various reasons, but nothing coded especially to lower it.

The uprisings in the current SSHIP (098)

;---- INVASIONS
    ;------- Scripts common for invasions mechanisms (decrease purse, countdown of counters etc.)
    ;------- Scotland Mobilizes
    ;------- Bulgarian Uprising (098 deactivated)
    ;------- Eldeguzid invasions of Georgia
    ;------- Turcoman Help for Rum
    ;------- Berber Help for Moors
    ;------- Makurian Help for the Fatimids
    ;------- Steppes Untamed - Nomadic Tribes Help for the Cumans
    ;------- Qara Khitai
    ;------- GOLDEN HORDE (MONGOL INVASIONS)

Umm there is a 0.98? Where can I find it? Is it savegame compatible? I got 0.97 from ModDB

Version 098 is beta but more stable than 097.
    However, it is not compatible with 097 campaigns.
    It can be found here or in the download thread.