Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

So i'm new to this mod, just started up a campaign as England to get the hang of it. Good old King Henry died of I guess old age about 5 turns in (not sure if I got unlucky but not really a problem). His grandson then became faction leader. I assumed this his father, the husband of Henry's daughter, would become the regent but this didn't happen. Instead a different general became heir but apparently there was no regent? Instead my king was a 2 year old, and I couldn't do anything with that obviously. This apparently made all my generals rather angry and one of them just rebelled against me.

Overall, i'm not really certain if this is how it's supposed to work or not. Do I need to do something to appoint a regent? Because otherwise i'm not sure what I could have done here to stop my faction from disintegrating. Did I just get unlucky?

Survivor, unfortunately the Regent trait doesn't work as it is supposed to, we are working on the other aspects of the game first, but soon also this will be fixed.. If I were you I would continue playing the game until the king becomes mature and regain the kingdom from these scoundrels.. I personally love this kind of stories . BTW England is the only faction that has the family tree starting with a king heir below age..

Understood. Yeah I would, but unfortunately Robert took most of my army with him when he rebelled. To be fair this is my fault, he rebelled one turn after his loyalty dropped to 0, I probably should have taken his troops away before that happened . He probably felt he deserved it since he did win all my battles for me and beat back the Scots. Honestly he deserves the throne, he can have it.

I'm playing the 0.98 version with the Romans and I get a crash everytime I try to enter a battle.

There is indeed some missing textures in the current 0.98 build, we'll fix this soon.
    In the meantime here is a fix!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Tnx @Belovèse, that worked

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Olaszv and @ xeron22 - maybe you'd have some spare moment to write a short info about your campaign and upload a few interesting pics - in this dedicated thread :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Olaszv and @ xeron22 - maybe you'd have some spare moment to write a short info about your campaign and upload a few interesting pics - in this dedicated thread :-)
    I will do... I just have these things called family and work that takes priority

In the meantime can someone help me understand what do I need in my Venice campaign to get crowned? I seem to have all required provinces, FL has the right stuff (pious + authority + fit for office) yet I'm not getting the crown. I'm wandering with him between Milan (read in the crown forum that Lombardy is the place of coronation) and Venice but with no luck.
    here's the save file:

https://mega.nz/file/p4pkzZwb#T8eNz4...A9G8ZFFI9VrNkg

Thanks in advance

He's a Regent.

Otherwise, nice to see that the traits I've modded some time ago (Rex Siciliae, Maritime Interests, etc.) do work B-)
    Too much money remains a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    He's a Regent.

Otherwise, nice to see that the traits I've modded some time ago (Rex Siciliae, Maritime Interests, etc.) do work B-)
    Too much money remains a problem...
    Thank Jurand, I should have spotted that... But why is he a regent when he is the direct descendant of the previous faction leader? Maybe marrying him to the noble lady added this trait?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Thank Jurand, I should have spotted that... But why is he a regent when he is the direct descendant of the previous faction leader? Maybe marrying him to the noble lady added this trait?
    I don't know. I still need to get to study the system, it was created some years ago by somebody else.

Hi! I have been playing as Rum and it's been very fun! I am about 80+ turns in and enjoying every minute of it, awesome mod!

A quick question on the crown. Is the crown system implemented for Rum in the latest version? My FL seems to fit all the requirements, have the required provinces (all lands in Anatolia + Constantinople). I moved my FL (with less than 6 Ancillaries) to the capital that has a Jama, but nothing happens. Any insights are appreciated! Thanks in advance

IIRC the crown for rum should be working, can you send us your log and save so we can test it?

Sure, how can i send it over?

best is to use some file sharing service, like wetransfer, dropbox, drive, mega... and post the sharing link here!

Thanks for the prompt reply! There you go!

https://we.tl/t-hxO4n5i1Zg

Attached is a save with the FL sitting in the capital with all required conditions, but no crown

Quote Originally Posted by sapiens86 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply! There you go!

https://we.tl/t-hxO4n5i1Zg

Attached is a save with the FL sitting in the capital with all required conditions, but no crown
    it crashes for me during loading. might be related to my build.

I uploaded another save couple turns earlier.

https://we.tl/t-sVUh7m93ax

See if this works?

Quote Originally Posted by sapiens86 View Post
    I uploaded another save couple turns earlier.

https://we.tl/t-sVUh7m93ax

See if this works?
    I'm away from my main computer, and on the secondary it crashes.
    Maybe you, @Belovese or @Macaras or @kostic, could check?