Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Tbh, I think that religious orders should be limited and absolutly not as they are currently. To stay simple, they should be restricted to crusades, to Crusaders States and by some extends, to HRE ( Teutonic Order - to reflect the Baltic Crusades) and to the Spanish one (Orders of Santiago, of Montesa and possibly of Alcántara and Calatrava - to reflect the Reconquista). Not sure it can be done but if these orders are used against another catholic faction, then the reputation would become abissimal, increasing a lot the risk of excommunication. If excommunicated, the faction would become unable to recruit them of course.
    Posted on the previous page
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Speaking of Holy Orders, I was thinking it would be kinda cool when the time comes for the Templars to hunted down by the Papacy and France (thus ending ones ability to recruit them) if when playing as a Catholic faction one could get the choice to allow the Templars to stay in your country (thus allowing you to continue to recruit their units and build their buildings) or expel them, seize their assets and/or hunt them down. This might result in either being excomunicated by the pope or your standing with the Papacy being diminshed somewhat. Or conversly if you choose to expel them you might gain some money (reflecting you sezing their assets as was done historically) and perhaps an increase in standing with the pope and France.

Generally speaking I'd love to see more historical events, where the player gets to choose what happens and more story elements in the vain of the Italian Wars (which I worked on a little btw hehe) in SSHIP. Naturally though I understand that this kind of thing would be very low on ones list of priorities, never the less I thought I might post my idea all the same, in the hopes that it might inspire something haha

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Generally speaking I'd love to see more historical events, where the player gets to choose what happens and more story elements in the vain of the Italian Wars (which I worked on a little btw hehe) in SSHIP. Naturally though I understand that this kind of thing would be very low on ones list of priorities, never the less I thought I might post my idea all the same, in the hopes that it might inspire something haha
    same, the other thing to keep in mind aswell is that more historical events means more scripts which means longer turn times

perhaps it could be optional and up to the player to decide if it's worth or not

More historical events about everything would be great. There should also be a mercenary guild like in Rule Britannia mod and The Long Road mod. Something like that would be cool to see.

Blog Entries

Mercenary guild???

2 things about historical events:
    1. We try to keep the script as light as possible in order to not extend the AI turn duration. Some might be added. We'll see.
    2. We don't have a scripter anymore.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    ez, open export_descr_buildings.txt and let's say you want to change "dismounted templars"

find the unit

Code:
    recruit_pool    "Dismounted Templars"  0.25   0.06   1  0  requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, jerusalem, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and event_counter order_recruitment_enabled 1
    and change it to this

Code:
    recruit_pool    "Dismounted Templars"  0.25   0.06   1  0  requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, jerusalem, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and region_religion catholic 100
    that 100 is the percentage required, change it to what you want
    I changed all the lines corresponding to the temple and hospital military orders in the export_descr_buildings file.

However, I can not recruit hospital staff with the corresponding buildings. Should we wait for the official date of creation of the military order of 1189 ? However, as early as around 1130, King Foulques had given them custody of fortresses. There is also a unit present at the beginning of the game in Jerusalem. It would seem logical to me that after having built the suitable building, one can recruit from the first turns of the game of hospitalliers.

no, if it required an event then you would see it at the end, it would be something like "and event_counter bla bla bla"

if you changed it the way i showed you it would only require 100% catholic and the chapter house building

I think I know where their absence comes from. I find this: "and event_counter knights_hospitaller_buildable 1"
    It suffices that I delete this line to see my hospitable arrive at the beginning of the game ?

yes, like in my post that you quoted there shouldnt be any "and event_counter...." just the religion requirement (if you want), if you leave it blank there wont be any requirement at all other than the building

Thank you very much for your help. I have never touched this file and it is actually very useful. I put as a condition of recruitment 40% of Catholics ... I finally have access to the recruitment of hospitalliers but with an expectation of 18 rounds to recruit one !

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, that's with a great pleasure that I have officially release SSHIP v0.9.6.

I'd recommend to install it on top of a clean install of Stainless Steel. That's just because I've removed some unused files left over the time by different developers. But it should work anyway if install on top of SSHIP v0.9.5.
    There is still that annoying issue with the archers but I'm working on it

Also, I can say that nikossaiz have joined our team to work and implement his roman roster and possibly more if time permitting. Actually, the release was postponned a bit to give it time and in the hope we could implement some of his stuff. Unfortunately, RL has kept him busy and his units will be implemented later.

Have a good time

Gentlemen, that's with a great pleasure that I have officially release SSHIP v0.9.6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2_Kf0LTdI

I'd recommend to install it on top of a clean install of Stainless Steel. That's just because I've removed some unused files left over the time by different developers. But it should work anyway if install on top of SSHIP v0.9.5.
    There is still that annoying issue with the archers but I'm working on it

Also, I can say that nikossaiz have joined our team to work and implement his roman roster and possibly more if time permitting. Actually, the release was postponned a bit to give it time and in the hope we could implement some of his stuff. Unfortunately, RL has kept him busy and his units will be implemented later.

Have a good time
    Ohh boi

I played 0.9.6 about twenty laps with Denmark.
    A difficult but captivating part! There are notable improvements in artificial intelligence in campaign mode. The appearance of the units has not changed and I should probably improve them with my sub-mod.
    On the other hand, I do not understand why there is no knight at the beginning of the game. In the 12th century, the kingdom of denmark and even sweden were not devoid of riders yet ? At least, the general's bodyguards should be mounted I think.
    The other problem is sound. Whether in a campaign map or in battle, there is no voice for this faction.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    A difficult but captivating part! There are notable improvements in artificial intelligence in campaign mode.
    What stands out to you?
    Real life is balanced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I played 0.9.6 about twenty laps with Denmark.
    A difficult but captivating part! There are notable improvements in artificial intelligence in campaign mode. The appearance of the units has not changed and I should probably improve them with my sub-mod.
    On the other hand, I do not understand why there is no knight at the beginning of the game. In the 12th century, the kingdom of denmark and even sweden were not devoid of riders yet ? At least, the general's bodyguards should be mounted I think.
    The other problem is sound. Whether in a campaign map or in battle, there is no voice for this faction.
    Thanks for the feedback
    I haven't touched any recruitment or have worked on any unit for this version. So it might be an "old issue". In any case the Norse rosters have to be re-worked. They still require some work
    Noted for the voices. I'll check that. Are you using a Steam version of the game or a CD one?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 08, 2019 at 12:04 AM.

Are you using a Steam version of the game or a CD one?
    No Steam version for me .

I am so happy and excited about the update, but why is the watchtower price raised? The watchtower is just a nice convenience for the player, correct me if I'm wrong but the AI sees everything anyway(that is not in ambush state).

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    What stands out to you?
    Indeed, it may be an impression, diplomatic exchanges seem more successful (more choice and less expected answers), the rebels seem more active, the importance of character traits is reinforced ...
    Ah. Even a little disappointment: in my test runs with France, I have a general immobilized. I find it weird as a concept.

First time I try SSHIP...and I had a blast ! Such a good work, I cannot do the list, but I'm impressed.

I have just a suggestion : Pope should not be able to attack non-excommunicated catholic factions (unless he is Julius II of course). There is something in the papal-state ai script in the vanilla descr_campaign_ai_db which prevent it to happen. I don't know which line exactly is doing that effect, I'm not so skilled to tell that, but it would be a nice addition.