Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dijenek999 View Post
    Thank you Jurand! Looking forward for your answers. Also, thank you @kostic! Your method helped me with my CTD problem. I will put few more remarks from my current campaign in 0.98 sept version thread. It may be easier for you to track.
    The pics in your entries, @dijenek, keep on getting lost in cyberspace. Maybe you can upload also a save?
    BTW, with the Mongols snuggly wrapping you, you may listen to this podcast for some historical flavour (start at 7:00, perhaps).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 21, 2022 at 11:57 AM.

Oh i see they are getting lost somehow... Any good advice what should i use for images and save uploads? Also, thank you for podcast .
    Regarding some of my previous questions regarding crusades against Mongols. It happened few turns ago.

What files should I edit to change archer fire rate/ damage?
    Last edited by NotZaran5; November 23, 2022 at 11:43 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Probably with the file descr_projectile

Not sure if this has been brought up before but OMG the Mongols are so OP. I've had two separate campaigns where they have crushed everyone east of Germany. My solution has been constant crusades and trying to feed territory to my allies. Would it be possible to slightly nerf them in the upcoming update? They just start making so much money when they have Persia and Russia under control and can steam roll just about anyone and replace any losses they incur in battle. Let me know what you guys think, I truly appreciate your opinions and all of the effort and passion you put into the mod.

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Not sure if this has been brought up before but OMG the Mongols are so OP. I've had two separate campaigns where they have crushed everyone east of Germany. My solution has been constant crusades and trying to feed territory to my allies. Would it be possible to slightly nerf them in the upcoming update? They just start making so much money when they have Persia and Russia under control and can steam roll just about anyone and replace any losses they incur in battle. Let me know what you guys think, I truly appreciate your opinions and all of the effort and passion you put into the mod.
    Similar experience here. I had to intervene as Poland in order to save Kievan Rus and Novgorod, otherwise they would not exist any more. Maybe there could be a way that Mongols would be more inclined to create vassals, instead of total conquer?

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be a problem with the new, aggressive AI by @Macaras.
    We indeed must nerf / recode the Mongols in the new version.
    In recruitment, I've already started the changes so that they get their units mainly in the steppes.

;- Mongols range archery_range ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ recruit_pool "ME Peasant Archers" 1 0.15 2 0 requires factions { mongols, }
    recruit_pool "Khabutu Archers" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { mongols, } and hidden_resource tartars or hidden_resource abbasid or hidden_resource turks
    recruit_pool "Merguen Archers" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { mongols, } and hidden_resource tartars or hidden_resource abbasid or hidden_resource turks
    recruit_pool "Merguen Archers" 1 0.04 2 0 requires factions { mongols, } and not hidden_resource tartars and not hidden_resource abbasid and not hidden_resource turks
    This must be extended to the other yet unmodded parts of recruitment.
    Besides, there's a plan to recode their spawn, not yet implemented, but you can see it in one thread, I don't recall where is it.

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

College of Cardinals
    I saw it mentioned by other players as well that once enough turns pass, the College of Cardinals tends to be flooded by one's agents. I don't remember this being the case in vanilla, does anyone have any insight as to why this happens and whether someone is planning to adress it?

Quote Originally Posted by opaxite View Post
    College of Cardinals
    I saw it mentioned by other players as well that once enough turns pass, the College of Cardinals tends to be flooded by one's agents. I don't remember this being the case in vanilla, does anyone have any insight as to why this happens and whether someone is planning to adress it?
    This is perhaps due 2 reasons: changes made by VineFynn three years ago (I don't know the details), and lowering the number of available priests. Nobody is active in the modding team on this matter, unfortunatelly.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You need bishops to get cardinals - maybe something to do with traits that the AI does not do regularly?

When playing as HRE how come only axe militia are free upkeep in my castles, any other militia they don't become free upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    When playing as HRE how come only axe militia are free upkeep in my castles, any other militia they don't become free upkeep.
    I think the reason is: I haven't yet reviewed the castle barracks recruitment and you can't recruit axe militia there, thus you don't have a free upkeep (free upkeep is only for the recruitable units).
    Hopefully, I'll have time to do this work for the next version.
    btw, upload a save of your game ;-)

Alright thanks a lot! Will definitely do that

I don't know if this theme has already approached but is possible to create a script of religious conversion? Example: as a Byzantium I have the option to return into communion with the Catholic Church - obviously if work your on faction will not be able to enter in the Cardinal's College, but this don't matter.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    I don't know if this theme has already approached but is possible to create a script of religious conversion? Example: as a Byzantium I have the option to return into communion with the Catholic Church - obviously if work your on faction will not be able to enter in the Cardinal's College, but this don't matter.
    possible, for sure. But I don't know how much complicated it would be. Given the number of the religion-related counters in the script, EDCT and EDA, I'd expect it to be very laborious.

Why do you want me to upload a save of my game?

Why do you want me to upload a save of my game?
    it's interesting to see how the game progresses, how the economy works, if there're are bugs etc. I also upload screenshots for the other players to be able to see the mod - have a look here.

How do I upload my save? sorry I'm new to this website.

How do I upload my save? sorry I'm new to this website.
    Any external, public hosting webpage will do, google drive, mega.nz any fileupload

Guys - just in case you like this mod and want to vote for it in moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/sship

That would make the mod more popular!