Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post

Edit: what about the half_plate_armor event instead? Seems pretty close to reality (210/230 years after the starting date if I'm not mistaken).
    Around 1300 appear the first metal plates that protect the body and protections "pipe" for the arms and legs. This corresponds to the arrival of the first "bacinets" with bulbous visors and trunks ... the event half_plates_armor, if it happens around this date seems correct to me.

However, being able to recruit mercenary_german_foot_knights fully equipped with armor plates in 1282 is not very logical.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If I'm right with that event, it should become available between 1342 and 1362 AD. I think there's another event happening in 1336 AD. However, that's a fixed one and I'm honestly prefering a period instead of a simple date.

Now, regarding the units incoherences, feel free to post any list with the one you have spotted. I'm currently 'fighting' with the animations and archers' bug and such a list would save me a lot of time. Many thanks in advance
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:
    event	historic	new_era_begins
    date	168	 

event	earthquake	earthquake_in_alexandria
    date	170
    position	293, 71

event	historic	HALF_PLATE_ARMOR
    date	210 230

event	earthquake	earthquake_in_alexandria_2
    date	180
    position	293, 71

event	historic	football_banned
    date	182

event	historic	yunus_emre
    date	188

event	historic	PAVISE_SHIELDS
    date	180 200
    ;14th c 

event	historic	first_sawmill
    date	196

event	historic	first_public_clock
    date	202

event	historic	science_weather_forecast
    date	204

event	historic	hundred_years_war
    date	206

maybe pavise would be better

Blog Entries

^^ That could do the trick
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

How does the system work vassalage in sship? So if you have 1 vassal faction you received money and army support? Is it going to get better in futures releases? Is it possible to leave regions where it brings you more trouble to keep them in exchange for money as autonomous settlements? for example Flanders, Tolousse, Mekka, Barcelona(catalans), Prague, Dublin, Uppssala, Genova, Tunis, Tarnograv(bulgarians)... cities / states that were independent or semi-independents in the middle ages for quite some time
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

Hasn't been touched as far as I know, and won't be anytime soon. From my opinion, Shogun 2 offers quite a good vassalage system. However, I'm not sure it can be adapted/implemented with the Med II engine

By playing the kingdom faction of Jerusalem, I realize that it is impossible to recruit knights hospitable (on foot or on horseback). Yet I am in 1140 and the temples of St. John do not allow them. How do you recruit them ?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    By playing the kingdom faction of Jerusalem, I realize that it is impossible to recruit knights hospitable (on foot or on horseback). Yet I am in 1140 and the temples of St. John do not allow them. How do you recruit them ?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=#post15831259

So you have to modify the export_descr_buildings file ... Thanks for your help Dekhatres !
    I would like to know if this impossibility of recruitment is wanted or not ? Is it an oversight or the absence of hospitallers is voluntary ? Will the unit be recruited later and with what conditions ?

the requirement is not an oversight, you're supposed to be able to recruit them only if you have good reputation (which most ppl will probably never have)

i put religion requirement in its place, i mean you can read at the end of the line, you can delete that one too if you dont want any requirement at all

Alright I understand. Thank you for the trick anyway !

A small reflection however: if it is the percentage of religion Christianity that determines the possibility of recruiting hospitable, it means that they are much easier to recruit in Christian Europe than in the Holy Land ... However they are supposed to protect the pilgrims and the kingdom of Jerusalem, right ?

[FLOAT][/FLOAT]What should you do early game in this mod? I’m the Danes right now, did a bit as Portugal as well but the reputation rules are really harsh. Took Visby and that main town in modern Denmark and reputation is already low, should I just try to save money and bribe rebels, or just ignore it and accept that Diplomacy will be terrible?

A small reflection however: if it is the percentage of religion Christianity that determines the possibility of recruiting hospitable, it means that they are much easier to recruit in Christian Europe than in the Holy Land ... However they are supposed to protect the pilgrims and the kingdom of Jerusalem, right ?
    to recruit them you need a religion percentage AND a chapter house, of which there's none in Europe iirc

Blog Entries

Tbh, I think that religious orders should be limited and absolutly not as they are currently. To stay simple, they should be restricted to crusades, to Crusaders States and by some extends, to HRE ( Teutonic Order - to reflect the Baltic Crusades) and to the Spanish one (Orders of Santiago, of Montesa and possibly of Alcántara and Calatrava - to reflect the Reconquista). Not sure it can be done but if these orders are used against another catholic faction, then the reputation would become abissimal, increasing a lot the risk of excommunication. If excommunicated, the faction would become unable to recruit them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    [FLOAT][/FLOAT]What should you do early game in this mod? I’m the Danes right now, did a bit as Portugal as well but the reputation rules are really harsh. Took Visby and that main town in modern Denmark and reputation is already low, should I just try to save money and bribe rebels, or just ignore it and accept that Diplomacy will be terrible?
    I'm not satisfied about the current reputation system even if I understand MWY's logic behind it. Anyway, if you want to try to keep it as reasonnable or higher, you need to release prisoners after battles and ot offer gifts to your neighbouring factions.
    As Danes, soon or later you'll need to get ride of Norway (to secure your position until you're able to access to good units). From there, you can choose to go for the HRE (quite complicated if nobody else is already at war with them), or go for Lithuania and Russia (but poor in ressources and incomes) or go for England/Scotland before to go for the rest of Western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    to recruit them you need a religion percentage AND a chapter house, of which there's none in Europe iirc
    We can build this type of building in Europe! In my part with France I built chapter houses in Paris and Basel ... without touching the export_descr_buildings file.

i said there isnt any, not that you cant build them, but if you wanted them to be limited to holy lands all you gota do is change this line

Code:
        templars_minor_ch city requires factions { jerusalem, } or factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and hidden_resource templars_chapter_house and not event_counter templar_independence 1
    to this

Code:
        templars_minor_ch city requires factions { jerusalem, } or factions { england, scotland, france, denmark, norway, pisa, venice, papal_states, sicily, poland, hungary, hre, spain, portugal, aragon,  } and hidden_resource templars_chapter_house and not event_counter templar_independence 1 and hidden_resource jerusalem
    i added jerusalem resource requirement at the end, now they should be buildable only in holy lands settlements like Antioch Edessa etc
    do it for all chapter houses except maybe teutons, or do it for them too, your choice

that said though, templars for example did have quite a strong presence in europe, france in particular, so it actually kinda makes sense historically that you can recruit them there, the templars fighting in holy lands also were brought or traveled there from europe so this also makes sense that you'd be able to recruit a larger number of them in france/europe

perhaps they should be recruitable in small numbers while crusader states is still around, once they kick the bucket however order units should have increased recruitment rates in europe

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I'm not satisfied about the current reputation system even if I understand MWY's logic behind it. Anyway, if you want to try to keep it as reasonnable or higher, you need to release prisoners after battles and ot offer gifts to your neighbouring factions.
    As Danes, soon or later you'll need to get ride of Norway (to secure your position until you're able to access to good units). From there, you can choose to go for the HRE (quite complicated if nobody else is already at war with them), or go for Lithuania and Russia (but poor in ressources and incomes) or go for England/Scotland before to go for the rest of Western Europe.
    OK got it, was just wondering if it is worth keeping reputation and if so how I should go about maintaining it. I’ve made alliances with Poland Byzantines Serbia and Norway but Norway attacked me after I used a spy to get in Stockholm which they were besieging. Getting alliances was not too tough even with an untrustworthy reputation but with a war maybe that will change. Also Norway only became dubious for attacking me.

Does using spies hurt reputation? I thought I saw my reputation go down as I spied. If so I really don’t like that.

Blog Entries

I don't know for spies but for assassins it does if they don't succeed. I guess that it works in a similar way with spies.

i added jerusalem resource requirement at the end, now they should be buildable only in holy lands settlements like Antioch Edessa etc
    do it for all chapter houses except maybe teutons, or do it for them too, your choice
    that said though, templars for example did have quite a strong presence in europe, france in particular, so it actually kinda makes sense historically that you can recruit them there, the templars fighting in holy lands also were brought or traveled there from europe so this also makes sense that you'd be able to recruit a larger number of them in france/europe
    perhaps they should be recruitable in small numbers while crusader states is still around, once they kick the bucket however order units should have increased recruitment rates in europe
    Your choices seem very relevant to me. Just a clarification: thus playing the Kingdom of France (or another European faction), I can recruit Templars if I conquer the holy lands ?
    Last edited by kostic; October 18, 2019 at 02:59 AM.