Page 360 of 360 FirstFirst ... 260310335350351352353354355356357358359360
Results 7,181 to 7,195 of 7195

Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

hi @MoorsihSultan : This problem has already happened to me when there was an error in the assignment of bones (for unit animation).

@kostic is there any checker for errors because log files give nothing

This problem can only be resolved with the animation software and the unit itself. From what I remember, with Milshape3D, there can be for the same unit a doubled list of bones for each body part of the unit in question (right tab). You must ensure that the bones are assigned to the first list and not to the copy of the list that follows.
    I hope that these indications can help you find what is causing the visible absence of your unit in the game. Hoping that the problem actually comes from this side!

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Been on a long hiatus from TWC. Glad to see it's still relatively active. How's the SSHIP team been doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    Been on a long hiatus from TWC. Glad to see it's still relatively active. How's the SSHIP team been doing?
    Some - including me - are still active. However, for the past few weeks, our leader seems very busy in his real life and this is preventing us from finalizing the next version...

Is there a way to modify the "turns to next available unit" thing? Because I want to lower that stuff a little.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGlobeX View Post
    Is there a way to modify the "turns to next available unit" thing? Because I want to lower that stuff a little.
    you need to modify the EDB: "export_descr_buildings.txt". Many manuals to be found on the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    welcome again, Eldgrimr!

Assassins
    I'm finding the use of Assassins by the AI completely over the top and immersion breaking. Basically, it produces way too many at any one time (only, it seems, by the Muslim factions). As a for instance, they ended my Castille & Leon Campain. In one turn, the Moors' assassins killed five of my six generals. All of them were in settlements and all, by coincidence, had spys with them. As I had the you need a General to attack - this effectively killed the campaign. Currently, I'm playing the Fatamids and Seljuk are sending waves of six or so assassins to destroy my cities - and they're my allies ! They are all high level and very difficult to stop.
    Please consider lowering the amount that are generated at any one time. In the meantime, where can I amend the files to switch off assassins ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adeperry View Post
    Assassins
    I'm finding the use of Assassins by the AI completely over the top and immersion breaking. Basically, it produces way too many at any one time (only, it seems, by the Muslim factions). As a for instance, they ended my Castille & Leon Campain. In one turn, the Moors' assassins killed five of my six generals. All of them were in settlements and all, by coincidence, had spys with them. As I had the you need a General to attack - this effectively killed the campaign. Currently, I'm playing the Fatamids and Seljuk are sending waves of six or so assassins to destroy my cities - and they're my allies ! They are all high level and very difficult to stop.
    Please consider lowering the amount that are generated at any one time. In the meantime, where can I amend the files to switch off assassins ? Thanks
    In the next version they are nerfed, they were really way too strong. Try to modify these lines in the descr_campaign_db.xml, so they look like these :

<assassinate_base_chance float="33"/>
    <assassinate_attack_modifier float="0.6"/>
    <assassinate_defence_modifier float="0.8"/>
    <assassinate_public_modifier float="0.25"/>
    <assassinate_personal_modifier float="0.25"/>
    <assassinate_counter_spy_modifier float="1.5"/>
    <assassinate_agent_modifier float="1.3"/>
    <assassinate_own_region_modifier float="0.8"/>
    <assassinate_assassinate_attr_modifier float="0.1"/>
    <assassinate_chance_min int="10"/>
    <assassinate_chance_max int="90"/>

With these settings assassins are weakened, lets see if it is balanced properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    In the next version they are nerfed, they were really way too strong. Try to modify these lines in the descr_campaign_db.xml, so they look like these :

<assassinate_base_chance float="33"/>
    <assassinate_attack_modifier float="0.6"/>
    <assassinate_defence_modifier float="0.8"/>
    <assassinate_public_modifier float="0.25"/>
    <assassinate_personal_modifier float="0.25"/>
    <assassinate_counter_spy_modifier float="1.5"/>
    <assassinate_agent_modifier float="1.3"/>
    <assassinate_own_region_modifier float="0.8"/>
    <assassinate_assassinate_attr_modifier float="0.1"/>
    <assassinate_chance_min int="10"/>
    <assassinate_chance_max int="90"/>

With these settings assassins are weakened, lets see if it is balanced properly.
    Many thanks - I'll give it a go. Will it only take effect with a new game ?

Quote Originally Posted by adeperry View Post
    Many thanks - I'll give it a go. Will it only take effect with a new game ?
    no, also your current game

hey jurand im focusing on adding new wonders but some issues i faced
    i wanted to add a palace of seljuks in isfahan and another one in urgench of kwarezmians the problem is the wonder building appears in "buildings to be built" section in the targeted cities and other cities
    another thing is i wanted to add byzantium senate in constantinople but the icon doesnt show even the tga files are in the right folder

Napovanni's Avatar Laetus

Hi SSHIP team,

First of all many thanks for giving us this fantastic experience. I have to say even though there are a lot of steps to keep improving on. I am sure you have some clear planning and feedback to use where you want to go with this mod. I would like to ask the following (could be this has already been answered somewhere before but for me this whole forum is new).
    1) Is there a Discord page for the SSHIP mod? I would like to know what is in the planning for the next version of SSHIP (0.99 or 1.0)
    2) I know a lot have been added in terms of roleplaying immersion in terms of the traits and ancillaries of the characters but I was wondering if you guys plan on adding hereditary ancillaries for the Dynasties / Noble Houses? It could be so cool if me as the King of Jerusalem could have the Anjou ancillary noble house with unique bonuses but in my campaign I marry a Hungarian family member of the Piast dynasty who later by chance becomes the new King of Jerusalem with unique bonuses coming from this house giving me the edge in battles or governance or even taxes. It would add some much depth, immersion and replaybility. I was wondering if this ancillary could be possible?

Thank you Jurand and the rest of the team for your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Napovanni View Post
    Hi SSHIP team,
    First of all many thanks for giving us this fantastic experience. I have to say even though there are a lot of steps to keep improving on. I am sure you have some clear planning and feedback to use where you want to go with this mod. I would like to ask the following (could be this has already been answered somewhere before but for me this whole forum is new).
    1) Is there a Discord page for the SSHIP mod? I would like to know what is in the planning for the next version of SSHIP (0.99 or 1.0)
    2) I know a lot have been added in terms of roleplaying immersion in terms of the traits and ancillaries of the characters but I was wondering if you guys plan on adding hereditary ancillaries for the Dynasties / Noble Houses? It could be so cool if me as the King of Jerusalem could have the Anjou ancillary noble house with unique bonuses but in my campaign I marry a Hungarian family member of the Piast dynasty who later by chance becomes the new King of Jerusalem with unique bonuses coming from this house giving me the edge in battles or governance or even taxes. It would add some much depth, immersion and replaybility. I was wondering if this ancillary could be possible?
    Thank you Jurand and the rest of the team for your team.
    ad. 1 - not really. I've got an internal one, but it's pretty inactive, no entry for weeks.
    ad. 2 - the intermarriages are passed through the "Blood" trait, not ancillary. You can indeed indeed role-play be trying to marry other factions' princesses. See here.
    Shall you play a longer game, report it here.
    JoC