Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I fully agree with Kilo11. It's better to finish or fix the existing aspects of the mod than to start the new ones. You, j.a.luna, know it by yourself as you've assissted in fixing the provincial titles.

This said, I'd foresee for post-1.0 version a great overhaul of the buildings in 3 parts: basic buildings, guilds and wonders.

@Belo: the blood can be resurrected but, iirc, only if a usurper takes on the throne and establish his own blood. I've even introduced a special trait OldBlood for the 097 to make those characters that previously had the royal blood a bit distinct.

Ook thanks for your answers sship developers!
    It is true that there is much work to be done and it is better to polish and finish one thing than to have many things half done.
    It is very gratifying to see that over the years the sship team has improved a lot and this wonderful mod is still being improved. Keep up the good work guys!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

sship developers, a suggestion, talking yesterday about unique buildings or wonders, I thought that with this, unique cities could be made in the game as they really existed, a clear example is Constantinople, an impregnable city par excellence for its great and double walls and its strong towers until the arrival of the Ottoman cannons in 1453 ... my question is, could anything be done about this in reference to this in the near future? It would be very immersive for the gameplay and challenging, in a very difficult plan to conquer Constantinople due to its strong walls and garrison.
    I know that in the city models you cannot double wall, they are cities with general models for all of them in the game, but for example, a "unique and special" improvement could be added only for that city with respect to the walls and towers being reached at the last level of development. For example, after the improvement "ballista tower" add another improvement called "bastions" or "towers of Constantinople" with a high cost and time to do them (if they are not already at the beginning of the game) and with a great attack and cadence of shot, in plan arrows and ballistas together for example.
    And for the walls the same, add another improvement called "fortifications of Constantinople" or something like that, with a great resistance against trebuchets and even cannons and add 10 free garrison slots.
    It would be something similar to the building of the aqueduct and thus having the jewel of Constantinople in the game would be as in reality it was, everyone wanting to conquer it for its wealth, position and value but at the same time very well defended. I know that these changes cannot be visual on the battle map (double wall) but at least a graphic change could be made differentiating the Byzantine walls and towers from the rest of the cities (Greek culture).
    This idea can be taken to other major cities in the game with other unique upgrades in the last levels of buildings getting more unique settlements and making the player want to have those settlements and even giving them headaches to conquer them.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Question from an user on Moddb:
    140 turns in and I'm quite pleased so far. One question ... the universities are showing as -10 for law. As a result, I'm avoiding building them in the cities where public order is a challenge. Is that -10 intended? Thanks.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

there's exchange -1 for law into +2 to happiness, nett +1 public order, so it's better to build them for this reason
    university city requires factions { northern_european, abbasid, egypt, turks, zengid, rum, moors, poland, hungary, russia, kievan_rus, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level stonemason stonemason and building_present_min_level education_libraries library {
    capability
    {
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter PRIVILEGIUM 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { hungary, poland, } and event_counter OSTSIEDLUNG 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { lithuania, cumans, } and event_counter MINDAUGAS 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { kievan_rus, russia, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { greek, } and event_counter anna_comnena 1
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent_limit diplomat 1

law_bonus bonus -1
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material stone
    construction 10
    cost 8000
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    great_university
    }

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Maybe you could redraw the borders of Dauphiné a bit so it doesn't reach as far into modern day Switzerland.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    there's exchange -1 for law into +2 to happiness, nett +1 public order, so it's better to build them for this reason
    I might be wrong but I think that he refers to the description. There might be a mistake in that building description text
    I need to check when time permitting.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Maybe you could redraw the borders of Dauphiné a bit so it doesn't reach as far into modern day Switzerland.
    I think the concept of this large province is from 10c - Hochburgund. We would also come the a question - the province with Basel, what does it depict?

The Duchy of Swabia most likely which dissolved in the later half of the 13th century. Hmmm I think it's fair to depict Burgundy as it is now but when the French take over they expand their borders further into the Reich than they really did.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    The Duchy of Swabia most likely which dissolved in the later half of the 13th century. Hmmm I think it's fair to depict Burgundy as it is now but when the French take over they expand their borders further into the Reich than they really did.
    So you see the problem of choosing the provinces and their main settlements for a mod that spans over 400 years.

Aye

Recently back to my favorite Med II mods, after some time on Europa Barbarorum II, I launched a campaign in middle East, my first time.

But, I got annoying bug which consists to crash the game in "unspecified error", it is kinda frustrating when it happens 3 times in 10 minutes and especially after a nice battle without confirmation of the victory...
    I don't know if it is the mod itself or Medieval 2. I patched to 4gb and used the official launched for SS mod. Hope to find ideas here.

Excited for the new version
    Question: is it hard coded in the crown script that a character cannot have more than 7 ancillaries? Just wondering if I could just use the M2 engine overhaul to extend the ancillary cap to 15 so I don't have to worry about it.

Max is 8 ancillaries, so if you want to get the crown, you need to have 7. I don't know the overhaul mechanics but if it allows to extend the number to 15 then there's nothing in the script that would check for 7 ancillaries and it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    Recently back to my favorite Med II mods, after some time on Europa Barbarorum II, I launched a campaign in middle East, my first time.

But, I got annoying bug which consists to crash the game in "unspecified error", it is kinda frustrating when it happens 3 times in 10 minutes and especially after a nice battle without confirmation of the victory...
    I don't know if it is the mod itself or Medieval 2. I patched to 4gb and used the official launched for SS mod. Hope to find ideas here.
    Frankly speaking, we've got a problem with crashes. They happen now too often. However, I've seen many instances when people reported crashes, uploaded a save, and I was able to move on with the save (you may find the cases in this thread).
    In the 097 there's a persistent 5-turn Abbasid definite crash (reload from a save doesn't work), but if you manage to move past to it (perhaps in 80-90% of cases), the next crashes occur at times but then you can usually make to move forward from a save. In this sense they're an annoyance but not experience-breaking.
    However, I don't have any knowledge of the crashes after a battle - nobody reported it.
    Anyway, upload the save for me to investigate and tell which version are you using (096 with Feb 2020 fix? or maybe one of the test 097?)
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; September 26, 2020 at 09:51 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Thanks for your answer Jurand, please find enclosed the save. Sorry, I had to use external upload website, I could not insert the save using TW center upload system...

https://gofile.io/d/eS2VDd

Playing as Abassyid, if you want to trigger the bug, please move the army in south west of Al-Basra and attack the army besieging the city.

We all use external websites, it's more efficient.

However, I don't know which version do you use - it crashes for me at loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    We all use external websites, it's more efficient.

However, I don't know which version do you use - it crashes for me at loading.
    Sorry, I am using the version 9.6.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post
    Sorry, I am using the version 9.6.
    For whever reason, it crashes any time I load it... I'm sorry, I cannot help.

Thanks to have tried, I will just avoid the battle/move !

I like that universities reduce law. It fits for two reasons that may or may not be anachronistic. One is the idea of drunken students (I mean clearly anyone who could receive a university education in the Middle Ages had a decent amount of disposable income, and who doesn't like Animal House?) Also universities can lead to dangerous new ideas that undercut the status quo.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!