Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

In 1260, more and more of my generals are affected by movement penalties. It is very painful because we can not prevent these afflictions. On the other hand, I think something should be done about generals who can not move at all. It does not make sense and it makes the game painful. Perhaps it would be necessary to provide a minimum threshold of displacement not lower than that of a trebuchet for example ...
    Not being able to move his generals makes the game absurd.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Noted.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    You have forgotten some bugs, like those maps that can not be played ... or the problems of the archers who have fun all over the screen when they meet a unit of swordsmen ...
    That said, archers can still use my sub-mod , and then in view of your list, you already have a lot of work to solve all this !

Thank you for all this work Lifth !
    Maybe you can do an alternative costumes for the archers without the bow-string animation so it will stop going berserk on the map. Your other skins are awesome, Kostic

@Nemesis I do not know if I understood your words. What do you reproach my archers ?
    I made them on the basis of prussian_archers who have an animation not bugged ... otherwise I respected the order of the improvements of their protection. They seem so good to me.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Nemesis I do not know if I understood your words. What do you reproach my archers ?
    I made them on the basis of prussian_archers who have an animation not bugged ... otherwise I respected the order of the improvements of their protection. They seem so good to me.
    Yeah , i meant you could reskin all the archers with the animation problem so ppl would stop reporting the bug until further fix is made. Your skins are great , Kostic! I reccomended them to everyone i could

Blog Entries

Just a quick message guys to let you know that the 2018 Modding Awards are now live. Please, have a look here and vote for your favourite mods/submods. Thanks in advance for your participation
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I'm about to start a new campaign on this after a very long time. Is the recommended difficulty still VH/VH or am I mistaken?

I always personally use the VH / VH setting in my SSHIP campaigns.

I dont know if it is possible...but for make the city of constantinople the most important city and the most "security city" of his time, is possible add more towers or walls for the battle scenario in his model of city? Also is possible add some new buildings for trade, maybe for the most importants cities as Merv, Cairo, Baghdad... A building for oriental trades of China for example that give a lotof money... Maybe is possible to improve the current trade building called silk road center with a bost of money and trade benefits
    I think that is a lot of inmersive have the city of Constantinople as the most important and richest city of the game( at least for the beginning) with marvelous defenses
    Also i ask if is possible a make a "character" that some time ago i commented in this forum... Make the Patriarch of Constantinopolis the most important patriarch for the rest of orthodox factions, with some little different model, maybe a black robe( similar to bellum crucis mod) and with benefits in his traits( more piety, conversion,etc), as orthodox pope for orthodox factions, not a simple patriarch that this is historical due to the patriarch of Constantinople was the most important for them...also it could be with some requirements, for example reach 9 of 10 piety, be a orthodox faction and be one turn in the city of constantinople( this is available for the rest of orthodox factions, if you have the holy city of constantinople in your hands...)
    It would be similar for muslim factions, make a "great iman" as a pope for muslim factions, is historical correct due to this great iman normally was the great iman of Baghdad, it could be with 9 of 10 piety and be one turn in the city of Bagdad, also with a liitle differences in the strat model,maybe with a black robe and White beard( for simulate a old person), also available for the rest of muslims factions but you need have the city of Baghdad, the caliphal city...
    Maybe other people can have better ideas about this,and religions ideas, also i dont know if Lifth want to continue of the ideas about implement 2 branches for muslims (sunnies and chiies) but i think that this ideas about "popes" for muslims and orthodox are inmersive for the game( tou have the religion power) and historically correct ( in the middle age both figures of patriarch of Constantinople and great Khalifa/Iman of Baghdad were pretty important.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Sorry double posted....

But I take advantage and I talk about if it is thought to give a role to the Jewish people in the game, they were lenders in the mIddle age and good traders and important bankers but there were always disputes and problems with them
    Maybe make a new building similar to the current building of italian trade quarters for italians, but for jewish people, community or ghettos of Jews with money benefits and trades but make unrest and negative religion conversion
    I guess that jewish people dont have representation in the current game and they were present in almost all the cities of the middle ages
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 15, 2019 at 03:39 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

That's certainly a great idea, but if possible, the benefits should be higher for Muslim states as the Jews had the largest impact on trade there, while in Christian Europe, they were more active in the moneylending business.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; June 27, 2019 at 03:56 PM.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Sorry double posted....

But I take advantage and I talk about if it is thought to give a role to the Jewish people in the game, they were lenders in the mIddle age and good traders and important bankers but there were always disputes and problems with them
    Maybe make a new building similar to the current building of italian trade quarters for italians, but for jewish people, community or ghettos of Jews with money benefits and trades but make unrest and negative religion conversion
    I guess that jewish people dont have representation in the current game and they were present in almost all the cities of the middle ages
    I actually like this idea a great deal.
    Last edited by VineFynn; June 27, 2019 at 06:27 AM.
    Real life is balanced.

i like this feature, i think it will add a lot of realism to HRE campaign

Yees, i think that this would add a lot of realism but due to is historically correct, the mod of broken crescent have this jewish neighborhoods or communities and if sship add this feature would be pretty realistic and inmersive for the game
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Deus Lo Vult mod had something like that for Jews, you may want to check that mod...

Hello again Sship developers, recently and continue with my readings and knowledge about middle ages and especially about the years of the sship mod,i read that existed pretty importants centers of manufacturers of armor and swords as Damascus, Toledo or Milano, now exist in the current sship these guilts but is possible make them historicals? For example obtain only in these places the highest level of these guilds and yes only one place in the game with the top of this guilds, so for example Toledo and Milan obtain the second level and Damascus can obtain the highest level of manufacture swords, also i dont know if is possible in one settlement have 2 guilds( armour and swords)
    Similar to orders buildings for teutonic order, templars, santiago and hospitaller knights and hanseatic league, also maybe make new craftsmen, fishermen, brewers guilds( importants in middle ages) Also italians independents cities were very important with these guilds and merchants
    It would be great an improve and review of this part of the game
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

For those who haven't notived it yet, SSHIP has won the 2018 Modding Award in the M2TW - Submod/Minimod category

I'd like to thank MWY, because even if inactive nowadays, SSHIP wouldn't be at that level without his work. I also want to thank JoC and VineFynn (please rep these guys for their work when you can) who are still developping the mod and all of you, guys, for your contribution to SSHIP in a way or the other

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Congrats to all of you!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to this awesome submod and all their developers for their great work!!!!!
    Sure that next version will have another first position in the next modding awards
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.5 downloadable - 25th of December 2018

I just started a campaign as Poland, and I'm not sure how Poland and Hungary starting off at war is a historical improvement in any way, shape, or form. There never was such a conflict from my knowledge of Polish-Hungarian relations, and Google search shows no results.

I can understand if this is for gameplay purposes, but then I fail to see what this has to do in a mod about historical improvement that many could say already stifles gameplay in several ways.

Also are there any submods that make cav less OP or general recommendations on how to change this in files?