Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Question for the mod team: If you had the maps would you guys be willing to make cities such as venice, constantinople, bologna and novgorod into custom settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Stivanderen View Post
    Question for the mod team: If you had the maps would you guys be willing to make cities such as venice, constantinople, bologna and novgorod into custom settlements?
    Only speaking for myself and not for the team, I would love that, as well as custom campaign map models for those settlements!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Absolutely ! If any modder knew how to customize certain cities it would be an added advantage for our mod !

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Welll, among the current team nobody have been involved in moding maps. If you, @Stivanderen, would like to express creativity through making such things, we'd be very happy to included it in the mod, of course.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

I dont have any experience and have no idea how to do. But i know that fx novgorod as a wooden venice could very well be represented by lake town in the lord of the rings mods. Tsardoms also seems to have custom to have settlements. But I'll gladly look into it.

Edit: Btw what settlements should be custom? Atm the ones i have ideas for are venice, novgorod, constantinople, bologna(look up shadiversity's city of castles video it awesome). I cant really come up with any other settlements atm.
    Last edited by Stivanderen; June 12, 2022 at 05:59 AM.

I dont have any experience and have no idea how to do. But i know that fx novgorod as a wooden venice could very well be represented by lake town in the lord of the rings mods. Tsardoms also seems to have custom to have settlements. But I'll gladly look into it.

Edit: Btw what settlements should be custom? Atm the ones i have ideas for are venice, novgorod, constantinople, bologna(look up shadiversity's city of castles video it awesome). I cant really come up with any other settlements atm.
    I'd say the choice of the settlements is secondary, I don't know which exist and how difficult it is to implement them into the mod. I'd expect it to be very hard. I'm not sure it's the best way into modding for a potential new moders. You could easily get discouraged...

I'll just sniff around abit and see what has been made that can be borrowed with permission.

is the campaign map finalized or still a wip? I miss my Athens, Marseille, Medina, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritoJunkie View Post
    is the campaign map finalized or still a wip? I miss my Athens, Marseille, Medina, etc.
    We miss them as well! However, there's a hardcoded limit of 200 provinces in the med2 engine, and we've arrived to that limit long time ago, perhaps two generations of modders back.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

btw, is the usurper trait working as intended? Just had a civil war kicked off and I don't want to waste time killing all other contenders just to find out my emperor still couldn't be crowned, thanks.

btw, is the usurper trait working as intended? Just had a civil war kicked off and I don't want to waste time killing all other contenders just to find out my emperor still couldn't be crowned, thanks.
    What version are you playing on? The crowns should be working properly on the last 0.98 release.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Well, I haven't worked on this, but it should work as intended by the previous moders:

;========================================================;--------- No Longer Usurper (Established a New House) --

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger new_house_spain1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition IsFactionLeader
    and Trait Usurper > 2
    and I_EventCounter new_house_spain = 1
    and CharFactionType spain

Affects Usurper -5 Chance 100
    Affects Factionleader 3 Chance 100
    Affects Royal_Founder 1 Chance 100

Trigger new_house_spain2
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition not IsFactionLeader
    and Trait Usurper = 1
    and I_EventCounter new_house_spain = 1
    and CharFactionType spain

Affects Usurper -1 Chance 100
    ; ---------- (V) End Civil War after Period of Resistance ---------------------------- ; (if it's the lucky number (resistance) for a faction, then end civil war and get rid of the Usurper trait (the trigger reacting to "new_house_spain" is in EDCT)
    log ------ end civil wars after some time

if I_EventCounter resistance = 1
    if I_EventCounter civil_war_spain_going_on = 1

if I_FactionLeaderTrait spain Usurper > 2
    set_event_counter new_house_spain 1
    end_if

historic_event end_civil_war_spain
    increment_kings_purse spain 1000
    set_event_counter civil_war_spain_going_on 0
    end_if
    end_if

Eiii guys how is work going on the mod? Will we have version 0.98 finished soon?
    I bring you here a youtube review ("the Terminator") about sship mod, the truth is that it explains it very well to publicize the mod.
    Keep up the good work!

YOUTUBE LINK:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivv_VFB_kXQ&t=13s
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Eiii guys how is work going on the mod? Will we have version 0.98 finished soon?
    I bring you here a youtube review ("the Terminator") about sship mod, the truth is that it explains it very well to publicize the mod.
    Keep up the good work!

YOUTUBE LINK:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivv_VFB_kXQ&t=13s
    Thanks for the news, j.a!
    Maybe you can write a comment under that video of Terminator that de facto there's a new version available - 098 - with a link to our webpage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Thanks for the news, j.a!
    Maybe you can write a comment under that video of Terminator that de facto there's a new version available - 098 - with a link to our webpage?
    yes @jurand! In fact, I already wrote it yesterday in the comments and I left the link to the new version so that everyone could see it.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

After browsing through forum and googling I decided to register for one question.
    Is it possible to edit SSHIP 0.98 to play 4 TPY with proper character ageing and accurate events? So far I have only found explanations/guides and downloads for Stainless Steel 6.4. version. But I prefer this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CIvIIIFan View Post
    After browsing through forum and googling I decided to register for one question.
    Is it possible to edit SSHIP 0.98 to play 4 TPY with proper character ageing and accurate events? So far I have only found explanations/guides and downloads for Stainless Steel 6.4. version. But I prefer this one.
    It is possible but it'd have required a few hundred hours of work of a scripter with some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    There're two additional issues:

1) the pace at which the characters (generals, agents) gain traits. The probabilities of gaining those traits are calibrated with a view of "how many turns is an average character in play". The aim is to make "leveling up" traits reasonable in time: they should get the higher and highest levels of a trait only after some time, and they should not get all of the traits. If you double the turns without re-calibrating the probabilities you'll get super-heroes, not historical generals: they will get the highest levels in their 20ties and then they'll get tons of other traits, also getting the highest levels within their life-span.
    You may like it, but I feel it wouldn't feel historical.
    (and re-calibration is rather laborious in the RTW/M2TW modding, especially for such an advanced mod)

2) how the players feel staying the whole campaign with the same generals. With 2TPY the change happens and the aging is palpable. You've got a young general with a bright future, but after 20 turns he's not so young anymore. With 4TPY is slows down much. Depending on how many turns the people play, you may stay only with 1-2 generations of generals, or you may see 5-6 (this is the number I usually get in my games, I tend to get bored with the games after 150-200 turns).
    However, some people may like staying with the same generals, so it's a matter of taste.

JoC

Icon5 Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I have just started playing the mod and I have really enjoyed it so far, however I got a question about certain traits, specifically 'abhors construction' and 'sloppy builder'. I have read the description of the sloppy builder trait, do I have to let my characters manage the city themselves by putting it on auto manage so they do not gain this trait? If that is the case am I able to remove this trait by allowing them to manage the city.

HI! I'm back with yet another question. I downloaded 0.98 and launched it with the launcher .bat file. Thats good and all but the game isnt in full screen. The game is on like 60% of the screen. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by chooychooman View Post
    I have just started playing the mod and I have really enjoyed it so far, however I got a question about certain traits, specifically 'abhors construction' and 'sloppy builder'. I have read the description of the sloppy builder trait, do I have to let my characters manage the city themselves by putting it on auto manage so they do not gain this trait? If that is the case am I able to remove this trait by allowing them to manage the city.
    I've never played with auto manage. I don't think this is a way to prevent it.
    The main way to get good builders traits is to finish building a building when the general is in the settlement.

If you're interested in the traits' system, here is a thread for you. (sadly, I've moded builders traits later, so these are not described - but you may get an idea how it works.
    The relevant code is here:
    Code:
    ;========================================================================================= BUILDER;--------- Builder ----------------------------------
    ;-- Good: levels(points) 1(6),2(12),3(22)
    ;-- Bad: levels(points) 1(2),2(4),3(6)
    ;
    ;-- mostly finished buildings: should be in the province for a year, and end movement in the settlement
    ;-- minimum requirement is FitForOffice and positive Intelligence
    ;-- 1 year-stay in the province required, but 2-year is better (ie: 2 or 4 turns ended in the province, last in the settlement)
    ;-- benefiting from just staying is related to the presence (or not) of ongoing building project
    ;-- BadBuilder comes from not building while having some bad traits
    ;-- also Teenagers get points
    ;
    ;-- How many points is collected per 1 building finished:
    ; regular buildings: 1.0
    ; great buildings (Cathedral, Fortress, Great Bimaristan etc.): 2.0
    ; Intelligent, Genius, MathematicsSkill:  each 1.0
    ; University, CastleLibrary, MasonsGuild: each 1.0
    ; Advanced Admin and Pagan Education:  1.0
    ; Smart with Advanced Admin and Pagan Education: 1.0
    ; lack of any Education: -1.0

;-- How many points is collected per 10 years (20 turns):
    ; building Intelligent, Upright, Aesthetic, Cultured: each 1.0
    ; not building: -1.0
    ; not building traits seriously drinking, Corrupt, Embezzler, also Slothful, Insane, Generous, Aesthetic: each -1.0
    ;
    ; that makes (10 years staying, 1 building, 1 great building):
    ; Intelligent: 5.0
    ; Smart educated AdminMind in developed city: 8.0

; Higher levels not possible for Drink, Girls, Unfit.

;======================================================================== GOOD Builder Building (GBC)
    ;----- Builder Building --------------
    ;-- triggers for specific buildings are in the other section

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent
     WhenToTest GovernorBuildingCompleted

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait Intelligent > 5
    	   and Trait FitForOffice > 1

Affects GoodBuilder 1 Chance 70
     Affects GoodBuilder 1 Chance 30

Trigger Builder_GBC_Genius

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait Intelligent > 7

Trigger Builder_GBC_MathematicalSkill

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait MathematicsSkill > 0

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_University

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
    	   and SettlementBuildingExists >= university
           and TimeInRegion > 3

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Castle_Library

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
    	   and SettlementBuildingExists >= castle_library
           and TimeInRegion > 3

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Masons_Guild

Condition IsGeneral
           and EndedInSettlement
    	   and SettlementBuildingExists >= masons_guild
           and TimeInRegion > 3

;======================================================================== GOOD Builder Living while Building
    ;----- Builder Living --------------

Trigger Builder_Building_Intelligent
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition IsGeneral
           and not BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash
           and TimeInRegion > 3

Affects GoodBuilder 1 Chance 5

Trigger Builder_Building_Upright

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait Upright > 0

Trigger Builder_Building_Aesthetic

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait Aesthetic > 0

Trigger Builder_Building_Cultured

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait Cultured > 0

Trigger Builder_Building_Generous

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 3
           and Trait Generous > 0

Trigger Builder_LearnsWorldOnCrusade
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsOnCrusade
           and IsRegionCrusadeTarget
           and Trait Intelligent > 6

;======================================================================== BAD Builder
    ;----- BadBuilder Living --------------
    ; remember: levels(points) 1(2),2(4),3(6) 
    ; this is the place where all traits will appear in context of "BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash"
    ; it is very likely situation in the SSHIP as there're always buildings you don't want to build

;------------------------------------------ Not building while staying 6 turns: 1%
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Uneducated

Condition IsGeneral
           and BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and RemainingMPPercentage > 95
           and Trait Wantschool < 1	   
           and RandomPercent > 80

Affects BadBuilder 1 Chance 5 
     Affects Drink 1 Chance 2
     Affects Gambling 1 Chance 2
     Affects Slothful 1 Chance 2

;------------------------------------------ Slothful not building while staying 6 turns: 1%
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Slothful

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and Trait Slothful > 0
           and RandomPercent > 80

Affects Slothful 1 Chance 2

;------------------------------------------ Drinker not building while staying 6 turns: 1%
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Drinker

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and Trait Drink > 2
           and RandomPercent > 80

;------------------------------------------ Insane not building while staying 6 turns: 1%
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Insane

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and Trait Insane > 0
           and RandomPercent > 80

;------------------------------------------ Generous not building while staying 6 turns: 1%
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Generous

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and Trait Generous > 0
           and RandomPercent > 80

;------------------------------------------  Corrupt not building while staying 5 turns: 1%  (note: no trigger for Embezzler)
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Corrupt

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 5
           and Trait Corrupt > 1
           and RandomPercent > 80

;------------------------------------------  Very Corrupt not building while staying 3 turns: 10%
    Trigger BadBuilder_Not_Building_Corrupt

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 2
           and Trait BadBuilder < 2        ; doesn't make him the worst builder
           and Trait Corrupt > 2           ; only for highest levels of bad traits

Affects BadBuilder 1 Chance 10

;------------------------------------------  Very Angry not building while staying 3 turns: 10%
    Trigger BadBuilder_Anger

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 2
           and Trait BadBuilder < 2
           and Trait Anger > 2

;------------------------------------------ Heavy Drinker not building while staying 3 turns: 10%
    Trigger BadBuilder_HeavyDrink

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 2
           and Trait BadBuilder < 2
           and Trait Drink > 4

;======================================================================== Builder Education
    ;----- Builder Education ------------------
    ; having advance education is very conducive to getting GoodBuilder

Trigger Builder_GBC_Unschooled             ; Unschooled is likely to make big mistakes, and then replicate them

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Western_Edu < 1
           and Trait Eastern_Edu < 1
           and Trait Greek_Edu < 1
           and Trait Pagan_Edu < 1
           and Trait Military_Edu < 2

Affects BadBuilder 1 Chance 30

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Western_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Western_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Smart_Western_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Western_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Muslim_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Eastern_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Smart_Muslim_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Eastern_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Greek_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Greek_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Smart_Greek_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Greek_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Intelligent_Pagan_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Pagan_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

Trigger Builder_GBC_Smart_Pagan_Advanced

Condition IsGeneral
           and Trait Pagan_Edu > 2
           and TimeInRegion > 1

;======================================================================== Builder Loss
    ;----- Builder Loss  ----------------------------------
    ;-- very rare situations just to ensure
    ;-- that those with other interests are not superb builder

Trigger Builder_OtherInterests_Drink

Condition IsGeneral
           and TimeInRegion > 2
           and Trait GoodBuilder > 2
           and Trait Drink > 3

Affects GoodBuilder -1 Chance 33