Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

What is happening to you Nemesis ? Do you find that the mod is not progressing fast enough ?

Any news on 097?

Icon3 Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    Any news on 097?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

I'm really excited about 0.97. I see that as an opportunity to toss in two small linguistical remarks: Miles is singular, the plural (for unit names) should be Milites.

Not sure if it's a submod that I've installed, but some faction names are a bit off, too. Regnum Norman-Anglorum is quite anachronistic. Today, we also don't speak about the "Windsor Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland". Regnum Anglorum would make a lot more sense IMHO.
    I've never come across Comitatus Portucalliae, why not stick with Portucalense?
    And the Arabic/Persian transcription isn't homologous: Long vowels are sometimes marked with an acute, sometimes with a macron.

Lastly, some province names refer to cities rather than regions, sometimes not even their respective capital. The one for Ancona, for example, is is "Spoleto". Why not "Marche"?

All of these should be quite easy to correct, which would greatly enhance accuracy and enjoyability to the new SSHIP release.
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Elendil,
    well, 097 will be more advanced and polished version but still many things will have to be worked upon later.

Concerning the changes - please have a look at the relevant factions' thread in the Info subforum. I'll put your proposals there.

More feedback:

1-Naval academy +2 exp bonus doesn’t work for holk. (the boat doesn’t get any xp). It does work for cog though.
    2- Foot/mounted knights of Santiago (aragon) and fire ship (from serbia) unit pictures missing
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

3-
    Rebellion’s created units are sometimes unique units stacks like the Jerusalem ‘ constable of Jerusalem. (might be a base game bug? not sure). Had jerusalem revolt with 4 constable of jerusalem spawn

4- Sometimes, "order knights" like teutonics or hospitalier are not recruitable anymore, then they are again a few turn later (and not everywhere they should be). Is there a feature I'm missing that locks/unlock recruitement of those special units?

5- In patch notes, it's said a princess should spawn every X turns. I'm at turn 220+ and I dont think I ever got one.

And some suggestions/remarks:
    7- what about some upkeep for ballista towers/walls/feudal knights barrack (the one allowing to recruit knights in cities for france).

8- Overall diplomacy is quite good imo! The cycles of civil wars / rebellions (faction respawns) / excommunications is almost at its best to keep the game going for long. You dont have 5 factions left in 50 turns so it's nice! Yet, it's not the ridiculous rebellion spam that early sship had:p
    One thing tho, and I dunno if its possible to tweak it - factions often attack you as if it was by mistake, at times with small forces. They gain nothing from it and usually accept peace the turn after.
    I wish factions would really TEAM UP when you become too big (even more so if you have bad rep/exterminated factions). As in, forming bigger coalitions that have REALLY low chances of breaking for some time.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

3 - could be an ownership (EDU) issue, check if the unit has slave ownership.

ad. 1 - strange it work for cog. I think this bonus works only for 1-turn recruitment units. I think you may re-train it and you'll get the bonus.

ad. 2 thanks!

ad. 4: yes, the faction has to have at least moderate reputation and not be excommunicated:

and GlobalStanding > -0.3
    and not FactionExcommunicated

ad. 5 - what version to you play? It should work. It was reported working for 096, and for 097 it should (although I haven't checked it in practice)

ad. 7 - yes, I'm thinking about introducing upkeep but some coding features of the M2TW engine would require a thorough revamp of money for buildings

ad. 8 - I don't know if teamming up is possible. Yes, in the EU4, but here I don't know.

Thanks Gigantus, I will take a look !

I'm playing that 0.97 version you gave me 1 month ago.
    As France at least, I'm pretty certain I got no princess in the last 150 turns

Btw, my king has 6piety/authority , 2 ancillaries, control all the lands required and is not usurper but I can't get him to get crowned. I park him in Paris with happy population and cathedral built there ( the normal one, not the huge). He has the "fitted for the crown" Trait.
    Any idea ? I can send the save if needed

Strange for the princesses. what about other factions? The princesses used to be reported to be quite numerous before.
    French kings were crowned in Rheims and the map does show it, I think.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 14, 2020 at 09:14 AM.

I didnt try any other faction more than 20-30 turns in 0.97. I will report when I do!

You right, it was in Rheims. I thouht it would still be in Paris here because the trait description says '' he has to go to the faction's traditional capital " and that would be Paris for france. Rheims was only the place of coronation since Charlemagne as a tradition.
    I hadnt seen the marker on the map though, well done!

@Gigantus
    I checked the EDU and Constable of Jerusalem's ownership is just set as Jerusalem. But I was referring to Jerusalem rebels, not the grey rebels (Jerusalem was owned by some faction and it rebelled back to the Jerusalem's faction). And four of this unit spawned in.

Btw, where can I find attributes of an unit (like the fact it is UNIQUE) ? It's not in EDU right?

And can you block completly one unit from spawning in rebellions ?

- Princess script kicks off after 50 turns.
    - the expression ' he has to go to the faction's traditional capital " was introduced precisely because of France (and is useful in other cases)
    - there's no unique attribute, it's rather the stats, availability and other things defined in other files that make a unit unique
    - fixing the units spawn in rebellion is one of the projects that @JLMP at some point wanted to pull off. You can do it, afaik, but it requires some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    - Princess script kicks off after 50 turns.

- there's no unique attribute, it's rather the stats, availability and other things defined in other files that make a unit unique
    wait, I'm confused, so can you not set a cap for a specific unit ? You have a cap for agents, dont you? and you cant have one for units? (I'm talking about a hard cap, not just reducing recruitement availability)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    @Gigantus
    I checked the EDU and Constable of Jerusalem's ownership is just set as Jerusalem. But I was referring to Jerusalem rebels, not the grey rebels (Jerusalem was owned by some faction and it rebelled back to the Jerusalem's faction). And four of this unit spawned in.

Btw, where can I find attributes of an unit (like the fact it is UNIQUE) ? It's not in EDU right?

And can you block completly one unit from spawning in rebellions ?
    This particular unit can only be retrained - it's 'recruit_pool' max value in the EDB is below 1.0, meaning there will never be a full unit available for recruiting, just enough to retrain. It also means that the unit(s) will have to exist at game start or have to spawned by script.

There is no 'hard cap' for units, and the standard limitation for agents is 'soft coded' through their EDB setting (x number of agent type per building) or through scripts (x number of agent type per faction) like mine.

If memory recalls then if a unit can be recruited in a settlement then it might be used in a revolt spawn - I am however not sure how exactly the mechanic works hence I was asking about the ownership line.
    Rebellion units are defined in descr_rebel_factions and their 'group' allocation to a region is defined in descr_region.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 15, 2020 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This particular unit can only be retrained - it's 'recruit_pool' max value in the EDB is below 1.0, meaning there will never be a full unit available for recruiting, just enough to retrain. It also means that the unit(s) will have to exist at game start or have to spawned by script.

Oh, but in expert_descr_building, the entry is :
    recruit_pool "Constable of Jerusalem" 1 0.05 4 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource jerusalem
    1 is the initial number of units, 0.05 the speed of refill and 4 the maximum pool ? is there a typo here?

Blog Entries

I assumed it was the same setting as in the crusades campaign where the unit is made unique in the way I described:

recruit_pool "Constable of Jerusalem" 0 0.1 0.999 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }

The unit can eventually be recruited regularly through the king's stable.

How does unrest work in SSHIP? It stays for a very long time. What are factors in reducing it? Leader traits? Quality and amount of troops garrisoned?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by s0meguy View Post
    How does unrest work in SSHIP? It stays for a very long time. What are factors in reducing it? Leader traits? Quality and amount of troops garrisoned?
    Well it works more or less like the vanilla except the values are tweak iirc.

Unrest usually when you occupy a foreign city.
    Religious Unrest when you capture another religion city and yours is not that high.
    Enemy Spies actually give a big hit on unrest , keep your own spy to counter-spy and kick enemy spies out.
    Bad Governors obviously.
    Buildings that give minus LAW might drop it a bit.
    Occupying large/huge cities usually bring unrest unless you sack or exterminate.
    Troops that have peasant traits have only half value on public order than other troops.
    Excommunication
    Distance to capital.
    And obviously higher taxes.
    Buildings like mines lower health which leads to squalor , biggest public order hit over time.
    Being besieged also lowers public order.
    Enemies in the countryside of the city also give some UNREST iirc.

How to improve public order :
    Better troops garrisoning.
    Good governors.
    LAW and Happines buildings including the gallows and the barracks.
    JERUSALEM is the only city in the game that will give you 15% or so GLORY bonus public order on ALL your cities.
    Population Boom (high grow rate) i think improves public order.
    The higher your religion , the better.
    Chivalry and Dread , id say dread helps better in public order because of the FEAR bonus on public order while Chivalry improves growth in settlements.
    Health buildings lower squalor which improves public order.
    The closer to capital , the better the public order.
    Assasins guild give public order in the settlement its constructed and an HQ will globally give some small LAW to all your cities.
    Templar , Hospitaller and other Knight Guilds will give a small boost to public order , however i think after the Templars get greedy event , the Templar guild will actually LOWER the public order by quite some.
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; August 16, 2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Assasins guild give public order in the settlement its constructed and an HQ will globally give some small LAW to all your cities.
    All thieves and assassins guilds' master level buildings give additional law for all cities in your faction. You may target the enemy settlements with such buildings to collect these bonuses. This is one of strategies for the large empires.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 17, 2020 at 05:35 AM.

Hello,
    I've just joined the forum but I've been playing for quite some time. I really enjoy the mod and have spent many hours playing it. I've currently got version 0.9.6 and my generals seem to get annoying traits way too frequently. Particularly Deranged, Hypochondriac... etc. Is there a way I can avoid having my generals receive these traits?