Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Feedback, Suggestions & FAQ

Default Re: [Discussion] Suggestions / Questions

I know this is probably a little ways away, but will there be any units given the "guerrilla warfare" trait? Specifically the different type of ranger units?

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Not sure about what you mean and TBH traits and ancilaries are the last things I care about. Don't get me rough but such things as traits and ancilaries are late modding stuff and when we will work on them (it's not less than a year and certainly even more) we may change our ideas many times.
    But I love seeing questions and suggestions from the community.

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

He means that will there be some units that will be abble to go beyond the deploymant area

In any case we can't give the answer As for rangers it'd be really interesting and I want to have very dynamic unit looking, not like in R2 and Attila where 5-15 factions can have same units or very same looking armour. It's annoying...

I appreciate the reply Mr. J! Good luck moving forward and you have my full support!

Orc needs to be a playable faction seriously

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    In any case we can't give the answer As for rangers it'd be really interesting and I want to have very dynamic unit looking, not like in R2 and Attila where 5-15 factions can have same units or very same looking armour. It's annoying...
    Will the Variags of Khand make a appearance?

Rhun will be consisted of 4 factions. I.e. from the start on the east there will be 4 factions: balchoth, variags, wainriders and one fictional north rhun faction. During the game you can unite all factions into Rhun with all their unique units.
    We also will have a couple of playable orc factions: Mordor, Dol Guldur, nor sure about Orcs of Gundabad and Orcs of Moria, also not sure about Morgul but mostly it will be playable with Witchking as a leader with Minas Morgul and Ithilien territories.

And of course Isengard as an orc faction too

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Rhun will be consisted of 4 factions. I.e. from the start on the east there will be 4 factions: balchoth, variags, wainriders and one fictional north rhun faction. During the game you can unite all factions into Rhun with all their unique units.
    We also will have a couple of playable orc factions: Mordor, Dol Guldur, nor sure about Orcs of Gundabad and Orcs of Moria, also not sure about Morgul but mostly it will be playable with Witchking as a leader with Minas Morgul and Ithilien territories.
    Then adding onto that, I know campaign is a ways away, but are there going to be any 'empires' like we see in vanilla R2, with 'satrapies' and such?

Morgul won't be independent from Mordor faction. It will be kinda like satrapy or protectorate or any other form.
    We will see next which factions will be fully independent and which not. Same as some will be playeable and some not.

Default Re: Suggestions / Questions

I'm newish(seen it before but did not read into it) to this mod so,are you planing on making a remake of the Third age mod for Medieval II campaign map in all? As a suggestion have historical battles from the movies,like the Battle of the 5 Armies,Siege of Minas Tirith,Helm's Deep,etc.One more question,with Rome II if you are planing on making a map how are you going to do the provinces and settlements?

1. Our mod for Attila;
    2. We are not making remake of TATW, we go on our own way. But this doesn't mean our mod won't be like TATW was. It can't be much differ;
    3. We don't have modding tools on hands so we don't know how far we can go for campaign map modding.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Whats the plan for unit sizes? Will orcs have more than 200 per unit and men lesser? Do yu have ideas roughly for the generic unit size, or will you keep it to Attilas "extreme" unit size?

Example: Orcs have their strength in unit size, elves in skill. Therefore we'll balance it the way that elven units contain lesser soldiers while orcs have a much bigger unit size.

It's the best to keep Attila's vanilla unit size for the human faction (maybe a bit adjusted) to harmonize the others with human factions as a reference point.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Ah thanks for the response, that sounds great

Wintercross's Avatar Libertus

So with the knowledge that you can give night fighting and a morale bonus during night battles via faction traits, you could use this to great effect for the Orc factions. Since in both the books and movies, regular Orcs prefer fighting during the night, and hate fighting during the day... it was only the Uruks who could really handle fighting in the sunlight.

Anyway, it could be a good way to simulate this on the Orcish units. I'm not sure exactly how the faction/unit traits work, but maybe it could even be applied directly to the Orc units rather than over the faction as a whole. Would also be good if you could do the inverse and give regular orcs a morale penalty during day time combat...

This is very interesting idea, thanks.

I myself hate orks but if we give them these traits then what will we give to humans I mean cos humans dont carre when are they fighting..I like the idea but I think that this would give us a lot of problems with balancing out the factions

No, it's very good. I say you this as an orc fan.
    What if not "Night battle bonus faction trait" should orcs have? Faction traits are supposed to make some disbalance in different points which in result give more balance ahah lol xD