Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Feedback, Suggestions & FAQ

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: [Discussion] Suggestions / Questions

Quote Originally Posted by zudagos View Post
    I do agree with @cshewey, I don't think it was mean that 300 Noldor could kill 10,000 in battle, rather if all 300 were Noldor lords like Elrond, then it would be possible, but rather using their skill a force of 300 would be able to withstand an attack of 10,000 and inflict substantial damage to the enemy, so that the remainder flee. The Elves are not impossible to defeat obviously but they would in no way be easily defeated against a large army that easily, and of course strong fortifications aid them greatly too, as seen by Lothlorien withstanding many large attacks from Dol Guldur, where it was said that Lothlorien would only fall if Melkor attacked it himself.
    Not Melkor but Sauron and Lothlorien last so long because there was Galadriel with her ring.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; January 11, 2015 at 05:50 AM.

Default Re: Suggestions / Questions

1.I would like to see some new animations
    2.I think that battles should last longer
    3.Every faction should have some unique auxilary units from regions that they own
    4.New artillery
    5.Battle music,loading screens,quotes,main menu screen,buttons...
    6.Bigger models like trolls,ents,mumakil...
    7.Bigger models should kill more units in one hit
    8.What if bigger models battle other bigger models,could you do animations for them,like mumakil would charge towards ent,ent would brace grab his tusks and flip him over
    9.Good factions should have less units per army and less men in units,depends on unit and faction,but they should have better stats and evil factions all the opposite
    10.Could you put in some videos from movies,or music,of course if you can
    11.Good middle earth map
    12.Factions:Gondor,Rohan Dwarves(there could be more factions of them,like form Erebor,Blue mountains,Khazad dum...)Dale,Elves(also more factions),Beornings,Free people of Eradiador,Mordor,Isengard,orcs of Misty mountains,Gundabad,Dunland...
    13.New cards for units
    14.Could you bring back familly tree?
    15.Get some dialouge from movies for generals if you can
    16.Include somehow huorons,i dont think they should be a unit but like if enemy went in location where are hurouns,they would lose numbers due to atrittion
    17.Could you make some historical battles like Battle of five armies,Pellenor fields...
    18.Beornings should have units as Bears,Wolves,Horses they could have Beorn and maybe Radagast as generals
    19.Unique buildings

sorry for my bad english,i know you cant do everything cuz of the copyright and good luck

Clenvey's Avatar Foederatus

We are trying to import the fighting-animations from Shogun. They should fit more to the style of the elves. If this is forbidden or not possible don't expect new animations in the next time, because the skeleton is a bit more complex than the one from Medieval , but I want the shield-formation of the dwarves in the third hobbit-movie, too.^^
    I think the same.
    3.Every faction should have some unique auxilary units from regions that they own
    Yes. This will be mainly for elite-/ special- units like Trolls, Mumakil, etc. It can be transferred to the ressource-system, too. So the dwarves have to conquer Moria to get the Mithril to upgrade their armor.
    4.New artillery
    Yes, but don't expect new artillery which requires new animations. (see 1)
    Of course. It isn't called "Overhaul" for nothing^^
    Sure, but I dont know if we should add ents, too. They aren't really a fighters...
    Yep
    8.What if bigger models battle other bigger models,could you do animations for them,like mumakil would charge towards ent,ent would brace grab his tusks and flip him over
    See 1
    9.Good factions should have less units per army and less men in units,depends on unit and faction,but they should have better stats and evil factions all the opposite
    Are The Corsairs of Umbar, the Haradrim and Rhun evil factions in your opinion, too? That makes no sense for me. But the orc-factions will have larger armies than the ones from the men. But the fact that the Uruk-Hai are as good as the men they shouldn't have larger ones, but they can recruit faster.
    I wouldn't bet on it, because WB isn't really happy with ignoring the copyright/ EULA
    11.Good middle earth map
    We will our best
    12.Factions:Gondor,Rohan Dwarves(there could be more factions of them,like form Erebor,Blue mountains,Khazad dum...)Dale,Elves(also more factions),Beornings,Free people of Eradiador,Mordor,Isengard,orcs of Misty mountains,Gundabad,Dunland...
    Because there isn't a Rebel-faction anymore we want to create as many factions as possible.
    13.New cards for units
    New units need new cards
    Not in Rome 2, but we are thinking about moving to Attila.
    See 10
    16.Include somehow huorons,i dont think they should be a unit but like if enemy went in location where are hurouns,they would lose numbers due to atrittion
    Do you mean Huorns? I don't think we can do it due to the engine-limitations.
    17.Could you make some historical battles like Battle of five armies,Pellenor fields...
    We will add them after the main factions are done and the map-editor is out.
    18.Beornings should have units as Bears,Wolves,Horses they could have Beorn and maybe Radagast as generals
    Radagast as a general sounds a bit ridiculous. There were to few Beornings to form an entire army, but we will keep it mind
    19.Unique buildings
    We have some elvish buildings already done (e.g. Rivendell), but we need the map-tools first to implement them
    Last edited by Clenvey; January 11, 2015 at 10:10 AM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Bigby View Post
    4.New artillery
    11.Good middle earth map
    13.New cards for units
    19.Unique buildings

sorry for my bad english,i know you cant do everything cuz of the copyright and good luck
    You just listed all TATW features
    We already pointed our position: mod as much game aspects as we can(buildings, terrain, units, sounds, ui, map, weather, text, voices etc.)

yeah i meant Huorns my bad

Thanks Mr. J and zudagos.

Besides my other comments the thing i would most like to see with the elves is for them to be a deffense oriented faction, where they mainly are focused with protecting their borders and occasionally sending out aid to their allies (read my first post for more details on this). Is that something you guys can do? Instead of having victory conditions (control 50 regions)
    just have them something like "Ensure the survival and return of the Dunedain and the reunited Kingdom as well as hold regions Imladris, Eregion, and Goblin Town" this way there is some expansion required but mainly the defense of your borders and the support of your allies.

I think Zudagos hit what i was saying right on the head. I didn't mean your average elf could do 4 back flips while simultaneously killing Smaug with a straight kick, i was saying they have a power that other beings in middle earth simply didn't have and that is what allows them to hold out so long against the shadow. I also agree that the hobbit movies are total wrong about the wood elves, no plate armour, no back flips, lots more arrows and ambushes. But i think he captures their character pretty well especially in Thranduil and the way he wants to protect his kingdom.

Just make the elves slightly better then in TA and add some new units and features, as well as modding the victory conditions and the missions of the game (IE reclaim Eregion) and you will have on every happy player on your hands.

I am only commenting a lot because of how excited i am for this mod to come out. You guys are doing an incredible job. Keep it up!

so are you gonna make good factions allies with good factions and evil with evil or are you gonna let player decide,because if you are good faction thats allied with good factions and one good factions takes town that you need to complete the campaing,then there should be some options where you could buy towns from allies or sell them

will you make the look of the battle field mach the place on the campaing map(when you get the tools) like if you are fighting in harad there should be a lot of sand,mordor black land,shire grassland...

will you make the look of the battle field mach the place on the campaing map(when you get the tools) like if you are fighting in harad there should be a lot of sand,mordor black land,shire grassland...
    You can always trade towns or buy them off your allies. It may also be that if you are allied with a faction that has you victory cities then it will count towards your victory conditions.

I am also sure they will make the battle maps resemble their place on the campaign that was already in TATW.

it would be cool if you at the end of the campaing put some credits of moders,modelers,sound actors...and song the last goodbye from billy boyd cuz it really makes you sad realizing it was the last movie,i know i am asking a lot of stuff that is copyrighted but try if you can,really like your work so far

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    Thanks Mr. J and zudagos.

Besides my other comments the thing i would most like to see with the elves is for them to be a deffense oriented faction, where they mainly are focused with protecting their borders and occasionally sending out aid to their allies (read my first post for more details on this). Is that something you guys can do? Instead of having victory conditions (control 50 regions)
    just have them something like "Ensure the survival and return of the Dunedain and the reunited Kingdom as well as hold regions Imladris, Eregion, and Goblin Town" this way there is some expansion required but mainly the defense of your borders and the support of your allies.
    And doing almost nothing while waiting until someone attacks you? Please no. I want to play with the elves, and what you suggest would be really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    You can always trade towns or buy them off your allies.
    Not in Rome 2...

[QUOTE=Gaius Mucius Scaevola;14305574]And doing almost nothing while waiting until someone attacks you? Please no. I want to play with the elves, and what you suggest would be really boring.

That's a straw man argument. I specifically said that you would be required to conquer several territories as part of your victory conditions. You woulnt be sitting there doing nothing while waiting to be attacked. If you play r2 on legendary you dont have to wait to be attacked at all they will attack you in the first few turns. So the choice is how much of your army can you afford to send to reclaim Eregion, and still be able to defend Imladris? These were the choices of the elves in the TA they simply did not have the population for a major offensive against mordor. Goblins will be constantly challenging your armies at the bases of the MM, and you will need to repell them as they will be plundering your lands. You wont just be sitting there doing nothing. But you fantasy i suppose of having 30 full stack elvish armies and launching an assault on mordor is simply impossible in the TA of ME. All the elves could do is hope to hold their borders and at best expand slightly to the size of their ancient kingdoms.

If you dont like that situation it's not me you have a problem with but with the LOTR. Try playing as Gondor or Rohan if you dont like the situation of the elves.

i think that dwarves should be getting much more gold

Whilst I totally agree with @cshewey's accuracy in that the elves simply didn't have the numbers to send major armies to attack Mordor, for the game purposes, I do perhaps think that if a player wished to play as the elves and wanted to conquer territories they should be able to. In this sense, the elven armies shouldn't be capped so this isn't entirely possible. While, I understand this may contradict Tolkein's lore, the Total War games are afterall in some respects a game where you can conquer the campaign map no matter what faction you play as, whether historically accurate or not. In terms of lore, playing defensively makes a lot of sense, and this would be cool as an option if a player wanted to play true to lore, however, all I'm saying is that if a player wanted to play an offensive gameplay style with the elves, they should be able to, personally I like the satisfaction of conquering as much of the map as I can, and possibly being unable to do so with one of my favourite factions would be a bit disappointing. But that's only my opinion and many others may think differently!

when you are going to make auxilary troops for gondor,you could see the last days mod for mount and blade warband,there is some troops like losarnach axeman,pelargir infantry...

Quote Originally Posted by zudagos View Post
    Whilst I totally agree with @cshewey's accuracy in that the elves simply didn't have the numbers to send major armies to attack Mordor, for the game purposes, I do perhaps think that if a player wished to play as the elves and wanted to conquer territories they should be able to. In this sense, the elven armies shouldn't be capped so this isn't entirely possible. While, I understand this may contradict Tolkein's lore, the Total War games are afterall in some respects a game where you can conquer the campaign map no matter what faction you play as, whether historically accurate or not. In terms of lore, playing defensively makes a lot of sense, and this would be cool as an option if a player wanted to play true to lore, however, all I'm saying is that if a player wanted to play an offensive gameplay style with the elves, they should be able to, personally I like the satisfaction of conquering as much of the map as I can, and possibly being unable to do so with one of my favourite factions would be a bit disappointing. But that's only my opinion and many others may think differently!
    Zudagos,
    You are right, but i think i forgot to mention one thing from my earlier post that applies to this situation.

What we are both forgetting is the "restoration of Hope". This means that as the elves reclaim their territories and aid their allies hope will be restored and 2 things will happen.

1 elves will stop leaving middle earth and potentialy maybee even some would return? I am not sure about the second part but definitely you would get a population increase as elves return from their journeys to the Haven (Like Gildur) and maybe even some turn their ships around.

2 Elves will begin to have children again. Now elves never had many children but they have almost stopped altogether in the TA because of the lack of hope. If hope were restored you population would begin to increase again.

These 2 factors would give you a large population gain over time and allow you to rebuild the ancient armies of the noldor and field thousands of elves again. So i think a good way to do it would be to have the victory conditions as i stated above and then after you have reunited the Kingdoms and reclaimed your homeland you can feel free to go down to mordor and mercilessly slaughter millions of orcs with your super overpowered elven killing machines. Which makes everyone happy.

Perhaps you wouldnt even make these victory conditions but a type of main objective, which after completion would allow you to increase your "imperium" and field more lager and better armored armies.
    Does that make sense? Is it doable?

Aaaaand I thank zudagos for explaining with more details what I originally meant.

I'd like to see the day when the elven generals won't have an end in their life span through aging xD

I agree with Johnny12 about aging for elves

I agree with Johnny12 about aging for elves
    It's definitely the correct idea and i hope it is possible. But it has not been in past total war games. You can make them live for 1-200 years if i am correct, but they will eventually die.

But i may be wrong and i hope these guys can make it happen. They can if anyone can!